View Full Version : Who is your choice for starting HB

King_Chief_Fan
09-05-2000, 11:47 AM
Mine is Frank Moreau.

------------------

Would rather be golfing

B2chiefsfan
09-05-2000, 11:59 AM
Frank Monroeu should be the man. I see an upside to this kid. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

chief mohawk
09-05-2000, 12:05 PM
Tony or moreau as long as one of those guys are left in the game long enough to get the carries it needs to get this running game going, 20-25 carries at least. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

Cannibal
09-05-2000, 12:24 PM
TRich should get 75% of the carries, with Moreau getting the other 25%.

Cloud and Bennett should never touch the ball again.

Luzap
09-05-2000, 12:26 PM
Gee... Let me think about this one for a minute...

Luz
give moreau the ball...

Iowanian
09-05-2000, 12:29 PM
I like Moreau too but,

why is everyone so down on Cloud? I didn't get to watch the preseason games but 2 weeks ago, alot of people were on his wagon...and I thought he did OK last year when he got some carries.

htismaqe
09-05-2000, 12:56 PM
Cloud looked good in preseason in limited action. But when it hit the highway in the REAL game, Cloud looked pathetic. He didn't even look that good returning kicks. In the type of smashmouth football we play, a scat back has to be fast, and Cloud just isn't.

Moreau is the man. Play him.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
[i]baked...not fried</I>

KCinNY
09-05-2000, 12:59 PM
Moreau needs to be the guy, like others have said, his upside potential is great.

Chiefnj
09-05-2000, 01:08 PM
Why don't we move Sylvester Morris over to HB? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Clint in Wichita
09-06-2000, 04:03 PM
Cloud showed his pathetic speed during kick returns...a lack of speed his supporters claimed didn't exist.

I'm with Cannibal.

TRich - 75%
Moreau - 25%

Cloud/Bennett - Waterboys

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

milkman
09-06-2000, 04:46 PM
How many yards did T-Rich get his first 2 carries in the game Sunday? I vote Cloud. Until he is given a real opportunity, you can call him a wasted pick, because Gun will not use him, but he can not be labeled a bust, cause he hasn't had the chance to prove that he is a bust.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

ck_IN
09-06-2000, 05:05 PM
The obvious choice is Cloud. He and Hall are the only true halfbacks we have.

Rich is totally wasted at HB. He doesn't have the moves and elusiveness of Cloud. Neither does Moreau, though he is better suited than Rich.

Cloud's speed is just fine and he proved it in the preseason. Judging him based on two carries is assinine.

Another benifit of Cloud is it might force us to move away from smashmouth. Smashmouth is a dead end that leads to nowhere. The sooner we realize it, the better we are. Rich at HB is a clear continuation of smashmouth. Moreau is simply a variation of it. Cloud would allow us to use a balanced attack which is the O that wins Super Bowls.

ck_IN
09-06-2000, 05:07 PM
The obvious choice is Cloud. He and Hall are the only true halfbacks we have.

Rich is totally wasted at HB. He doesn't have the moves and elusiveness of Cloud. Neither does Moreau, though he is better suited than Rich.

Cloud's speed is just fine and he proved it in the preseason. Judging him based on two carries is assinine.

Another benifit of Cloud is it might force us to move away from smashmouth. Smashmouth is a dead end that leads to nowhere. The sooner we realize it, the better we are. Rich at HB is a clear continuation of smashmouth. Moreau is simply a variation of it. Cloud would allow us to use a balanced attack which is the O that wins Super Bowls.

Chiefnj
09-06-2000, 07:12 PM
Does it matter? They are all pretty much average HB's.

morphius
09-06-2000, 07:17 PM
I would like Hall to see some more carries, he is more scarey to a D everytime he is on the field. He kind of reminds me of players on the Rams team, not really tall but very elusive and real fast.

Packfan
09-06-2000, 08:00 PM
Just one time. One time, one game only. I would like to see the Chiefs play a running back that they drafted recently and play him the entire game. Give him 25 carries and see what he can do. Sheehee, Cloud, Hill, Moreau, ect all were productive, full time players in college. Why the hell do the Chiefs insist on keeping a 34 year old back (Anders) and a straight ahead runner (Bennett) on the roster and give them carries? It doesnt make any sense. Carl! Dont draft them if they are not going to get a fair chance!

Cannibal
09-06-2000, 08:05 PM
Packfan,

The problem is Cloud, Hill and Shehee all suck arse!

Cloud is WAY too slow for his size, [for those who didn't agree with me about that before watch him try to return kickoffs and you'll see what I mean].

Shehee and Hill were a couple of wussies. I don't think either one of them are in the NFL now. Although Shehee might have latched on with another team but I'm not sure about that.

We have a player in Frank Moreau though.

Luzap
09-06-2000, 08:06 PM
Give Moreau the ball.

Luz
start morris...

Packfan
09-06-2000, 08:10 PM
Cannibal,

How do you know? I never got to see any of those guys play on a regular basis. Is it poor drafting, lack of playing time, poor development, or what? I think the Chiefs set their draft picks up to fail when they acquire FAs and immediately plug them into the starting lineup. Players never get to show what they are capable of until they play in a real game. Olandis Gary got his break when Davis went down. Otherwise, he may never get discovered. Chiefs have had an obvious hole at RB for the last 5 years. They draft RBs in the first two rounds, but never play them. Its stupid. Id rather the Chiefs draft seven punters if they are not going to give the players a chance.

Cannibal
09-06-2000, 08:24 PM
Good evidence to the fact that those players suck is as I mentioned, two of them aren't even in the NFL currently.

Cloud just sucks. He's average at best. His size/speed combo is lacking.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 09-06-2000).]

chiefs2034
09-06-2000, 08:55 PM
I agree with Morphius and CK_IN ...(Okay, so I'm a little biased... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif )

morphius
09-06-2000, 08:57 PM
2034 - It sounds like he is going to be doing returns this week, definitly a good start.

NaptownChief
09-06-2000, 09:01 PM
How about anybody but this committee character...Who really knows if Cloud,Shehee,TRich,Moreau etc.etc are studs or duds? Until somebody is given a chance to get into a rhythm nobody will ever know...

BigTiger
09-07-2000, 07:42 AM
In the two-back offense, I would like to see Cloud and TRich or Moreau and TRich. I think that either combination would provide multiple options from this formation.

When we go single-back (BigTiger), I see TRich or Moreau with 2TE&2WR or 3WR&1TE or 3TE&1WR. I know that this sounds so simple, however JR seems to have trouble managing this.

htismaqe
09-07-2000, 07:45 AM
More Moreau...I like it...

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
[i]Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City</I>

ck_IN
09-07-2000, 08:45 AM
'Just watch his returns' What a bogus arguement.

No one ever said Cloud was a speed demon. RB's typically aren't. The speed merchants on a team are the WR's. A RB's stock and trade is acceleration and moves. Both of which Cloud has demonstrated.

Cloud returning is stupid anyway. Put Parker back for that. Just another example of the Chiefs misusing their players.

Clint in Wichita
09-07-2000, 08:49 AM
Cloud returning kicks is proof that Gun feels he sucks.

Good RBs do not return kicks. Period.

The fact that Moreau is already a bigger factor in the offense is further proof that Cloud wasn't worth a 2nd round pick.

When the Chiefs go after yet another "franchise back" after the season, FINALLY the Cloud experiment will be put to rest.

------------------

Red Till Dead
09-07-2000, 09:04 AM
If we are consistently going to run smack into 8 man fronts we better go with T Rich and Moreau. Cloud doesn't have the size to move the pile for 3rds and a "cloud of dust"

His name does fit the system though!

KCTitus
09-07-2000, 09:07 AM
I noticed something very different about Moreau during the game on Sunday.

He runs with his head UP, eyes facing forward into the line/hole.

It was a breath of fresh air to see a RB that we had actually do that rather than run with their head down (Bennett/Richardson) smack into the backs of their OL or the ballerina move of spin around and back into the line (Sheehee and Cloud).

Let the guy carry the damn ball.

Clint in Wichita
09-07-2000, 09:15 AM
I can handle Moreau as the starter. At least he physically fits the offense.

------------------

Spott
09-07-2000, 09:22 AM
http://sites.netscape.net/mizzou5/dillon.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

ck_IN
09-07-2000, 10:36 AM
Moreau running up Grunhards butt would be little different than Rich or wife beater, err, Dillon. It isn't the RB that's the problem it's the O. End smashmouth! Put it out of its misery (and ours).

Cloud gives you a chance to run a balanced O. Moreau is a good RB, but leads to a continuation of smashmouth.

Don't mend it. [b]End it!</b>

nmt1
09-07-2000, 10:41 AM
Ending Martyball sounds great. Won't happen with the coaches we have.
Moreau seems to be the logical choice but I think we ought to give Grunhard a chance to run up someone's butt for a change.
Definitly don't want to see Bennet running backwards into the line anymore.

Clint in Wichita
09-07-2000, 10:55 AM
IMO, Cloud is a **** . TR runs a 4.4 40, and should be the starter. Moreau is as fast as Cloud & 30 or 40 pounds heavier, and can catch the ball.

Cloud shouldn't be on the field whether the offensive philosophy is "smashmouth" or not.

------------------