PDA

View Full Version : AZ's broadcast of the game.

AZORChiefFan
08-21-2005, 02:38 PM
1. Announcers said the Chiefs D line last year was the 'bright spot' cause they did well against the run and had 20 sacs. Did well against the run????

2. Kept calling Surtain "Certain" did correct this halfway through the broadcast.

That's about all I can remember at the moment.

I think all local broadcasts are pretty crappy. I would have much rather watched a crappy KC feed than AZ's, hopefully that's the feed the NFL network replays.

I saw the last bit of the Lions game yesterday and there was a young lady interviewing a couple of the Lions and she was chewing gum. I know it's not the end of the world but it was rather unprofessional. You'd think the producer would be yelling in her ear to spit it out or something.

Katipan
08-21-2005, 02:39 PM
In the pregame show they talked about how excited they were to face shields, gonzalez and dunn. ROFL

AZORChiefFan
08-21-2005, 02:41 PM
In the pregame show they talked about how excited they were to face shields, gonzalez and dunn. ROFL
LOL I missed that. Yeah of course there was no mention of all the starters not playing on both sides of the ball for the Chiefs.

4th and Long
08-21-2005, 02:42 PM
ROFL

Apparently being a fan of the game and possessing any football knowledge whatsoever is not a requirement to be an Arizona Cardinals sportscaster.

Katipan
08-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Right after the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, the annoucers started talking about how Wesley got arrested last sunday.

Then they cheap shot the Chiefs about how thats not going to help their season.

They are soooo bitter it's funny. It's gotta be hard to be a true die hard Cardinals fan.

Mojo Rising
08-21-2005, 04:04 PM
They were also amazed that fans were in seats in an NFL stadium.

I must admit. I would like to Ford offer they've been advertising the whole game. Test drive a Ford and get free season tickets to the Cardinals.

Psyko Tek
08-21-2005, 05:30 PM
ROFL

Apparently being a fan of the game and possessing any football knowledge whatsoever is not a requirement to be an Arizona Cardinals sportscaster.

fottball knowledge invalidates the option to be a cardinal fan

:)

TRR
08-21-2005, 05:37 PM
FWIW, I hate listening to Holthus and Dawson. They are so slow at getting to the point. Two examples last night...

Dawson: Uh oh...Looks like Hall is hobbling to the locker room.
Holthus: Yeah...Doesn't look good Len...You never want to see that.
Dawson: Well he isn't being helped or anything, but it doesn't look good...

And that's all you heard about it. I thought Dante blew out his knee. Talk about getting everyone up in arms. Find out, it's just a bruise.

Another example...4th quarter, Killian completes a pass. 3rd and forever...

Holthus: Whoa...Completed pass to Booth...Great throw.
Dawson: Oh yeah...Sharpe route, sharpe throw...Great pass and catch.
Holthus: Gain of four...Murphy on to punt.

What....I thought we just had a 50 yard pass and catch?

Terrible.