PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs | Team Being Cautious with Bell

Chiefs Pantalones
08-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Chiefs | Team Being Cautious with Bell
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:16:31 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are taking a cautious approach with LB Kendrell Bell. Two preseason games have passed and Bell has been nowhere on the field. The fans are wondering if Bell's hard-luck injuries have followed him to Kansas City. "I'm fine," Bell said. "I'm out here practicing. They should come out here and watch me practice. Then they can make a decision." This week Bell is expected to participate in full-contact drills, the last step before he plays in a preseason game. He was a regular for two-a-days during training camp, but head coach Dick Vermeil has held from contact. The reasons varied. Vermeil said it was to rest the shoulder that nagged him in Pittsburgh. President/general manager Carl Peterson hinted that the Chiefs also want to be careful because of a groin injury that kept Bell out for most of the 2004 season.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-21-2005, 09:52 PM
LOL, I think Bell is getting tired of being asked if he's ok or not.

Bowser
08-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I hope that's the truth, and he doesn't have some secret injury nobody has talked about. This guy can be a monster when he's healthy, and paired with DJ and an improving Kawika Mitchell, we have a niiice starting linebacker corp.

Sure-Oz
08-21-2005, 09:55 PM
I'd rather take it cautious anyway until the reg. season starts, then turn him loose. I do want to see him play hopefully this week though.

Halfcan
08-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Man that Elizabeth Merril is getting all the scoops. Wow did she figure out Bell didn't play all by herself.

jspchief
08-21-2005, 10:01 PM
I think we should rest him until our 19th game. That way, he'll be fresh for the Superbowl.

So far, Bell and Wilson are starters for the "all hype" team.

the Talking Can
08-21-2005, 10:03 PM
can't Bell wearing a yellow jersey during the season so other teams know not to hit him?

TRR
08-21-2005, 10:45 PM
I've watched the guy practice live, and I was impressed. I would have never known anything was wrong with him. DV and Gun know what they have in Bell. Why rush him back like Pittsburgh did, and get him injured again?

Bell is a phenominal player when healthy.

Halfcan
08-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Wilson all hype team? With 25 guys on the bench you single out Wilson-okay dude. Seems to me they wanted to showcase Parker to see what they have in the kid. They must feel pretty confident in Wilson-they didn't even throw it to him. I think he looked great last year until he got hurt. At least he is out there playing.

philfree
08-21-2005, 11:52 PM
I can't wait to see Bell in action but Chris Griffin looked pretty good in that 1st half against the Cards. He's listed as 3rd on the depth chart at ROLB but he was more impressive then Key Fox as ever been IMO. It could be a mirage but Griffin might just turn out to be a gem UDFA. He was mistaken for DJ a couple time in that game by the T.V. announcers and for minute I thought it was DJ at ROLB. I won't be suprised at all if he makes the team.

PhilFree:arrow:

C-Mac
08-21-2005, 11:52 PM
I think we should rest him until our 19th game. That way, he'll be fresh for the Superbowl.

Bell aint hype, he's proven himself.
He's on the "hope he stays healthy" team.
Chris Wilson now he qualifies for the "all hype" team

Taco John
08-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Too bad your "prized" linebacker is more fragile than a glass egg on a pool table.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 12:01 AM

I never understood all the hype about Barber... And like Barber, I don't understand the hype about Bell. He had a great rookie season, but like Barber, he's never managed to put two good seasons together in a row.

TRR
08-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Too bad your "prized" linebacker is more fragile than a glass egg on a pool table.

How do you figure? Take away one season, and he's missed 4 games.

You hope he's fragile...

J Diddy
08-22-2005, 12:02 AM
I never understood all the hype about Barber... And like Barber, I don't understand the hype about Bell. He had a great rookie season, but like Barber, he's never managed to put two good seasons together in a row.

kinda like jake plummer, eh?

C-Mac
08-22-2005, 12:26 AM

I wish you had something genuinely worthwhile to add to this thread. It's unfortunate that you don't.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 12:28 AM
How do you figure? Take away one season, and he's missed 4 games.

You hope he's fragile...

Take away one season! ROFL

Take away 20 Interceptions, and Jake Plummer played like John Elway! ROFL

Mecca
08-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Taco is busy talking about Kendrell Bell and trying to convince himself that he'll get hurt because well. Courtney Brown and Trevor Pryce are more injury prone than Bell is.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 12:32 AM
I wish you had something genuinely worthwhile to add to this thread. It's unfortunate that you don't.

HA! Good one! Maybe I should play your part and cut and paste a bunch of stats in a meaningless hob-glob of unedited text, and declare it undeniable proof that Bell's shoulder is incapable of getting injured this season.

C-Mac
08-22-2005, 12:32 AM

I never understood all the hype about Mike Shanahan, Jake Plummer, or the Browns defensive line.
I guess the world is just chucked full of never understood's.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Taco is busy talking about Kendrell Bell and trying to convince himself that he'll get hurt because well. Courtney Brown and Trevor Pryce are more injury prone than Bell is.

Nice to meet'cha kid. Welcome to the Planet.

beer bacon
08-22-2005, 12:36 AM

Yeah, Bell only plays great every other season. Good thing this is an on year for him.

C-Mac
HA! Good one! Maybe I should play your part and cut and paste a bunch of stats in a meaningless hob-glob of unedited text, and declare it undeniable proof that Bell's shoulder is incapable of getting injured this season.

Thats the beauty of an opinion.
Whats hob-glob to one man can be a hidden treasure chucked full of logic and reason to another.

philfree
DJ is our prized LB if you hadn't noticed and Griffin is a Gem so although Bell was one of our prized player acquisitions you look like a fool again. Like the Energizer Bunny you just keep on going and going. I bet you've even started growing big pink fuzzy ears at this point.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Thats the beauty of an opinion.
Whats hob-glob to one man can be a hidden treasure chucked full of logic and reason to another.

I'm quite glad that you equate your definition of logic and reason with "hob-glob." That seems about right.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 12:41 AM
Yeah, Bell only plays great every other season. Good thing this is an on year for him.

Who said anything about great? His only great season was his first.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 12:43 AM
DJ is our prized LB if you hadn't noticed and Griffin is a Gem so although Bell was one of our prized player acquisitions you look like a fool again. Like the Energizer Bunny you just keep on going and going. I bet you've even started growing big pink fuzzy ears at this point.

DJ is a rookie, if you haven't noticed. The last time a prized rookie defender panned out for you guys was when?

I'm not knocking DJ, because he sure shows potential. But if you are "prizing" a rookie, and "Gemming" some guy named Griffin, I think your fool-o-meter should probably be pointing to the mirror.

beer bacon
08-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Who said anything about great? His only great season was his first.

He was very good his third season. He was either the first or second PB alternate.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 12:45 AM
He was very good his third season. He was either the first or second PB alternate.

Elvis Grbac was a pro bowl alternate.

C-Mac
08-22-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm quite glad that you equate your definition of logic and reason with "hob-glob." That seems about right.

Ahhh yes...behold the very beauty of an opinion.
Seems very few can find error when giving one.

beer bacon
08-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Elvis Grbac was a pro bowl alternate.

I don't really see how this is relevant. Are you saying that Grbac is comparable to Bell? If so, I would like if you would explain the similarities in more depth. Lots of players have been Pro Bowl alternates.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 12:58 AM
I don't really see how this is relevant. Are you saying that Grbac is comparable to Bell? If so, I would like if you would explain the similarities in more depth. Lots of players have been Pro Bowl alternates.

You got it right with the last sentance. Nice job.

To add, who cares if anyone was a pro bowl alternate?

Otter
08-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Why is it still an issue when "it" prophesies anything but doom and gloom about anything and everything Chiefs related?

Next thing you know well learn that GoChiefs is a nerd and Hitler was a bad man. What is the world coming too?

For our next topic well discuss why its possible the sun may rise in the east tomorrow and why the earth may or may not continue to revolve around the point in question.

Share these brilliant predictions with me, I beg of thee.

C-Mac
08-22-2005, 01:02 AM
You got it right with the last sentance. Nice job.

To add, who cares if anyone was a pro bowl alternate?

I'm sure that the alternate pro bowl player himself and probably his family care....not to mention his agent.

C-Mac
08-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Why is it still an issue when "it" prophesies anything but doom and gloom about anything and everything Chiefs related?

Next thing you know well learn that GoChiefs is a nerd and Hitler was a bad man. What is the world coming too?

For our next topic well discuss why its possible the sun may rise in the east tomorrow and why the earth may or may not continue to revolve around the point in question.

Momma always said, be careful what you beg for..... :)

Taco John
08-22-2005, 01:04 AM

You need to learn what a prediction is.

/hint, there are no predictions in this thread, dumbass.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm sure that the alternate pro bowl player himself and probably his family care....not to mention his agent.

Um... so?

philfree
08-22-2005, 01:13 AM
DJ is a rookie, if you haven't noticed. The last time a prized rookie defender panned out for you guys was when?

I'm not knocking DJ, because he sure shows potential. But if you are "prizing" a rookie, and "Gemming" some guy named Griffin, I think your fool-o-meter should probably be pointing to the mirror.

We'll see before to long. I don't guess you could or would have watched the Chiefs vs Cards but both DJ and Griffin looked pretty darn good. There's Surtain but IMO before the 2005 season is over DJ will have had the biggest impact of any player we acquired this offseason. That said if Bell's shoulder don't hold up then he'll turn out to be a big FA bust for us.(The Chiefs.) If he's healthy he'll make a big difference but with the play of Giffin I think our LBs are lookin pretty good as a group. Who was the Broncos big FA acquisition this year? 1st round pick? Seriously! I can't recall the name of the studs you guys landed this offseason.

Otter
08-22-2005, 01:19 AM
You need to learn what a prediction is.

/hint, there are no predictions in this thread, dumbass.

Taco's feeling gritty tonight.

Are you going to cry like the dickless piece of shit you are if I get mean?

"otter's picking on me everyone" BOO ****!NG HOO.

Youre the hypocrite who shows up here week after week and plays out the same offenses for you ban people for on your server. You ridicule the same liberty you preach yet manipulate that same value every chance you get.

Lets pretend for a second John Elway was killed in a car accident on the way to the super bowl and I showed up on orange mane picking apart his life like a scumbag and how he cheated on his wife, beat his kids or whatever he may have done wrong when he was alive. Basically picking his life apart after he was dead and was no longer around to defend himself like some sort of parasite.

Would I still be able to post there?

Until you have the balls to admit to that reality do us all a favor and find a gutter and die in it.

C-Mac
08-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Um... so?
Sorry, I was just applying some reason to the commented application you couldn't make.

Otter
08-22-2005, 01:23 AM
And cue Taco's stupidity and naivety kicking in when convienent on 3...2...1...

Go Taco!

KILLER_CLOWN
08-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Who was the Broncos big FA acquisition this year? 1st round pick? Seriously! I can't recall the name of the studs you guys landed this offseason.

Neither can tj, proving he has Chief envy and that's why he's here.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Sorry, I was just applying some reason to the commented application you couldn't make.

ROFL

You seriously call that reason? I was going to make fun of you saying that you could have applied some reason there to come up with the same conclusion: So?

Nobody cares that his family cares. This is a football discussion, and in a football discussion, the only thing that matters is what happens on the field. Being a pro-bowl alternate doesn't mean anything unless you make the field... and even if you do make the field, YOU WERE AN ALTERNATE.

It's hilariously satisfying that you pulled out the "reason" card there. Kind of self-assuring.

Taco John
08-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Taco's feeling gritty tonight.

Are you going to cry like the dickless piece of shit you are if I get mean?

"otter's picking on me everyone" BOO ****!NG HOO.

Youre the hypocrite who shows up here week after week and plays out the same offenses for you ban people for on your server. You ridicule the same liberty you preach yet manipulate that same value every chance you get.

Lets pretend for a second John Elway was killed in a car accident on the way to the super bowl and I showed up on orange mane picking apart his life like a scumbag and how he cheated on his wife, beat his kids or whatever he may have done wrong when he was alive. Basically picking his life apart after he was dead and was no longer around to defend himself like some sort of parasite.

Until you have the balls to admit to that reality do us all a favor and find a gutter and die in it.

Nice try to goad me into that trap... But for what it's worth, I wouldn't be a fan of Elway if he had several different children from several different women. I just feel very strongly about the role of the father in the family. That's not intended as a knock on any particular individual except people who don't recognize the importance of that role. And that's all I'll say about that on this board.

C-Mac
08-22-2005, 02:19 AM
ROFL

You seriously call that reason? I was going to make fun of you saying that you could have applied some reason there to come up with the same conclusion: So?

Nobody cares that his family cares. This is a football discussion, and in a football discussion, the only thing that matters is what happens on the field. Being a pro-bowl alternate doesn't mean anything unless you make the field... and even if you do make the field, YOU WERE AN ALTERNATE.

It's hilariously satisfying that you pulled out the "reason" card there. Kind of self-assuring.

Your discrediting of a player that was chosen as a Pro Bowl alernate and then trying to equate them to being no more than a bench warmer is hardly a reasonable comparison?
ROFL

Count Zarth
08-22-2005, 05:37 AM
Taco's just hoping and PRAYING the Chiefs defensive acquisitions don't pan out, cus if they do, his team is SCREWED.

He'll wait until Bell is fugging up Plummer on those weakside rollouts and stoning Denver RBs to admit that he was WRONG. AGAIN.

Braincase
08-22-2005, 05:42 AM
Take away one season! ROFL

Take away 20 Interceptions, and Jake Plummer played like John Elway! ROFL

Take away last lseason, and Champ Bailey looks like, er, Champ Bailey.

King_Chief_Fan
08-22-2005, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE=Otter]

QUOTE]

The answer to this question since Dico John dodged it is no.
You can't talk like he does here over there if you are a rival fan.

That is why he comes here. Start some stuff, see if we chase him to his roach hotel, and then ban when you start similar stuff.

Count Zarth
08-22-2005, 06:33 AM
That's not entirely true. I said I would piss on Elway's grave yesterday and I didn't even get a warning.

J Diddy
08-22-2005, 06:35 AM
That's not entirely true. I said I would piss on Elway's grave yesterday and I didn't even get a warning.

He ban you?

King_Chief_Fan
08-22-2005, 06:38 AM

Yeah, but sometimes over there, they can't tell if YOU are a Chiefs fan or a Donkey fan.

Count Zarth
08-22-2005, 06:40 AM
He ban you?

No. I didn't even get a warning. There were zero consequences.

I kind of know how Taco feels over there since I'm kind of the Mane's official Chief troll. I think he gets a bad rap over here. It comes with the territory, though.

I give him credit. Just because he has strong opinions and doesn't back down is no reason to villify him, even if he is.

What the hell am I talking about?

J Diddy
08-22-2005, 06:42 AM

Sorry, misunderstood you.
That's because there were 15 people spanking it in a circle at the thought of you pissing on Elway's grave. Bronco's fans like golden showers---this is a fact.

htismaqe
08-22-2005, 07:49 AM

I kind of know how Taco feels over there since I'm kind of the Mane's official Chief troll. I think he gets a bad rap over here. It comes with the territory, though.

I give him credit. Just because he has strong opinions and doesn't back down is no reason to villify him, even if he is.

What the hell am I talking about?

Taco's "rap" here is 100% EARNED.

He's trying to derail this thread because this is the only way to push away that gnawing he has in his gut -- the knowledge that his team will be going 0-2 against the Chiefs this year.

BigRedChief
08-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Taco's "rap" here is 100% EARNED.

He's trying to derail this thread because this is the only way to push away that gnawing he has in his gut -- the knowledge that his team will be going 0-2 against the Chiefs this year.

Even though I have this gnawing feeling that McCleon is going to burn us in Denver this year I also feel we are going 2-0 against the Donks this year.