PDA

View Full Version : Slowly, but surely...

luv
08-21-2005, 10:03 PM
...I am learning more about football. I know most of the calls, how scoring is done, etc. But my poor dad. For about 2 hours of the ride home last night, I asked question after question after question.

I learned about how the formation of offense goes, and who does what.
Center, guards, tackles, tight ends, split ends, QB, RB, and WR.

I learned about the defensive formation too! Defensive tackles, defensive ends, LB, safeties, and cornerbacks.

And I noticed there was a group that came out between the offense going out and the defense coming in that comes out for punts and stuff. I learned those are special teams.

I even know more about what position who plays on the team.

I think I about drove him nuts...lol. He got a call and was like, "No, I'm glad you called. My daughter's grilling me about football. Now I can take a break from answering questions."

I still have a lot to learn, but I'm getting there.

chefsos
08-21-2005, 10:06 PM
He may grumble, because it's required per the Dad handbook, but trust me, he loves every minute of it.

luv
08-21-2005, 10:08 PM
He may grumble, because it's required per the Dad handbook, but trust me, he loves every minute of it.
Yeah, I know it.

I think I started off the questioning by asking if everyone who plays offense were considered offensive linemen. He looked at me, and I think he knew then what he was in for. lol

jspchief
08-21-2005, 10:09 PM
He may grumble, because it's required per the Dad handbook, but trust me, he loves every minute of it.Yep. At least you're not asking him about that "not so fresh feeling". :)

tommykat
08-21-2005, 10:10 PM

I'm sure he did~ ;)

TheNextStep
08-21-2005, 10:13 PM
You may hate the suggestion, but if you're a football neophyte who is trying to hang with long time, no-shit fans, picking up Howie Long's "Football for Dummies" couldn't hurt...

morphius
08-21-2005, 10:15 PM
My wife always is angry about stuff that is perfectly legal, and then gets mad when I tell her that is not the way it is, and then I get mad because she is mad about something so stupid. Its a viscious circle.

luv
08-21-2005, 10:22 PM
You may hate the suggestion, but if you're a football neophyte who is trying to hang with long time, no-shit fans, picking up Howie Long's "Football for Dummies" couldn't hurt...
Actually, I don't mind the suggestion. One of the things I hate the most is when I feel like an idiot. I would rather take the preventative measures like that in order not to do so. I am a Chiefs fan. I enjoy posting on here. I just want to be able to keep up and contribute. So thanks!

onescrewleftuntwisted
08-21-2005, 10:51 PM
i learned all i needed about football, by playing football, and when i need to brush up play madden for a while

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 05:47 AM
MWA HAHAHAHA!!!!

luv
08-22-2005, 11:31 AM
MWA HAHAHAHA!!!!
What?

David.
08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Yep. At least you're not asking him about that "not so fresh feeling". :)

ROFL

KC Dan
08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
So, who's teaching you dad about football? hehehe

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 11:38 AM
I think the most unusual rule in football is the rule that says that in the last two minutes of a tie game, you can choose to attempt an undefended 50-yard field goal if your biggest player can knock over the other team's biggest player during a timeout.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 11:41 AM
What?

That's my evil genius laugh.

luv
08-22-2005, 11:42 AM
I think the most unusual rule in football is the rule that says that in the last two minutes of a tie game, you can choose to attempt an undefended 50-yard field goal if your biggest player can knock over the other team's biggest player during a timeout.
You must think I have "GULLABLE" tattooed on my forehead. :shake:

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 11:43 AM
You must think I have "GULLABLE" tattooed on my forehead. :shake:

What about "BAD SPELLER."

KCFalcon59
08-22-2005, 11:44 AM

Yes it will. He is a faider. Enough said.

:)

luv
08-22-2005, 11:44 AM
If someone came over during a timeout and tried to knock someone down, I may be wrong, but I would think that would be considered unsportsman-like conduct. Is that a 15 yard penalty?

luv
08-22-2005, 11:46 AM
OOPS...

"GULLIBLE"

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 11:48 AM

Yeah. She should sue that tattoo artist.

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 11:49 AM
If someone came over during a timeout and tried to knock someone down, I may be wrong, but I would think that would be considered unsportsman-like conduct. Is that a 15 yard penalty?

Excellent conclusion. And an automatic first down.

Fire Me Boy!
08-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Yes, shortly followed by a riot and both teams being ejected, ending the game at that point.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 11:54 AM

It's learning at an exponential rate.

luv
08-22-2005, 11:57 AM
It's learning at an exponential rate.
It?

What am I, an experiment or something?

ChiefsOne
08-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Hang in there luv2rite. When I started dating my wife she didn't watch football or understand anything about it. Actually asked during her first game why those guys kept droping those yellow things on the field! LMAO still to this day thinking about that one.

12 years later she understands and is a big fan, watches more football than I do.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Can we get a mod to change luv2rite's name to....

luv2watchfootball

Saulbadguy
08-22-2005, 12:06 PM
I've taught my GF the wonders of the Option, the play action pass, and the 5 wide-set.

KChiefsQT
08-22-2005, 12:10 PM
...I am learning more about football. I know most of the calls, how scoring is done, etc. But my poor dad. For about 2 hours of the ride home last night, I asked question after question after question.

I learned about how the formation of offense goes, and who does what.
Center, guards, tackles, tight ends, split ends, QB, RB, and WR.

I learned about the defensive formation too! Defensive tackles, defensive ends, LB, safeties, and cornerbacks.

And I noticed there was a group that came out between the offense going out and the defense coming in that comes out for punts and stuff. I learned those are special teams.

I even know more about what position who plays on the team.

I think I about drove him nuts...lol. He got a call and was like, "No, I'm glad you called. My daughter's grilling me about football. Now I can take a break from answering questions."

I still have a lot to learn, but I'm getting there.

Congratulations!!! You've passed K-3 in football education. Now you are well on your way.
http://images-partners.google.com/images?q=tbn:hVPuNLx8Bi8J:hlperson.com/mt/archives/report%2520card.jpg

luv
08-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Congratulations!!! You've passed K-3 in football education. Now you are well on your way.
http://images-partners.google.com/images?q=tbn:hVPuNLx8Bi8J:hlperson.com/mt/archives/report%2520card.jpg
Why do you insist on mocking me? And, if you weren't meaning it that way, thanks.

carlos3652
08-22-2005, 12:14 PM
I've taught my GF the wonders of the Option, the play action pass, and the 5 wide-set.

So have I....

:p j/k

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Both of you ho's are 10x better than badgirl or chiefs4me. Be proud.

KChiefsQT
08-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Why do you insist on mocking me? And, if you weren't meaning it that way, thanks.

No, I was being serious. I find it thrilling when girls start to get the game of football, I make it a duty to teach all my girlfriends when they don't know a damn thing. And.... I was also practicing for my future in teaching. :)

KChiefsQT
08-22-2005, 12:22 PM

Watchhhh It Buddy!!!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Watchhhh It Buddy!!!!!!!!!

Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich. :D

luv
08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich. :D
I made baked spaghetti last night. I'll be eating on it for a week!

KChiefsQT
08-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks Go and Luv... out of nowhere I just got reaaaaaly hungry. And to mention spaghetti to an Italian trying to lay off the pasta. AYE AYE AYE :harumph:

luv
08-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks Go and Luv... out of nowhere I just got reaaaaaly hungry. And to mention spaghetti to an Italian trying to lay off the pasta. AYE AYE AYE :harumph:
Yeah, and I'm starting my diet/exercise routine again this week. Smaller portions, and working out for about 30-45 minutes every night after work. Bad week to fix spaghetti, but oh well. Maybe I'll make up for it in exercise.

KChiefsQT
08-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah, and I'm starting my diet/exercise routine again this week. Smaller portions, and working out for about 30-45 minutes every night after work. Bad week to fix spaghetti, but oh well. Maybe I'll make up for it in exercise.

Al dente? cook it like that and pasta isn't that BIG of a problem.

Braincase
08-22-2005, 01:04 PM

DREAMFIELDS - you only absorb 5 grams of carbs per serving.

luv
08-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Okay, I'm thinking we got off track somewhere. This thread was supposed to be about learning about football, or testing my knowledge (or lack thereof) on the topic.

Thanks for the info on carbs though. :)

tk13
08-22-2005, 01:19 PM
How many carbs should you eat watching football?

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 01:20 PM

FOOL! Those carbs don't count.

morphius
08-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Okay, I'm thinking we got off track somewhere. This thread was supposed to be about learning about football, or testing my knowledge (or lack thereof) on the topic.

What is a H Back?

Morphius
come on, it HAD to be asked!

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 01:29 PM

Trivia question: Is there ever a time when a team can be required to have fewer than 11 players on the field for a play?

luv
08-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Trivia question: Is there ever a time when a team can be required to have fewer than 11 players on the field for a play?
Yes? Maybe for punts or field goal attemps or extra points? I have no clue, but I'm guessing yes.

luv
08-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Okay, I'm off to get ready for work. Keep those questions coming though. Surely someone on here can help with the answers later tonight. Or I can do my own research. Thanks.

Fire Me Boy!
08-22-2005, 01:49 PM
What's bare back? ROFL

luv
08-22-2005, 01:54 PM
What's bare back? ROFL
Horseriding.

I'm off to work. Have a good evening.

Iowanian
08-22-2005, 02:52 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2640480

I created this thread a while back, and just bumped it for you....It may have some information, and if nothing else, links that will help you, and or others learn some of the basics.

Iowanian
08-22-2005, 02:53 PM

Coin toss

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Yes? Maybe for punts or field goal attemps or extra points? I have no clue, but I'm guessing yes.

If you fair catch a punt, you have the option of trying an undefended field goal, in which the defense has to pull their people off the field.

I've never seen it done in my 30+ years of fandom, but the announcers will mention occasionally that it's an option.

carlos3652
08-22-2005, 03:03 PM
4th and Goal Team A has the ball on Team B's 10 yard line with 0:05 left on the clock in the 4th qtr.

Score is 17-10 B team is up.

Play resulted in an incomplete pass, game over, but there are 3 flags on the field.

1 - Against Team B - Defensive Pass interference in the Endzone by a DB
2 - Against Team B - Offsides
3 - Against Team A - Unsportsmanlike Conduct after the play for taunting

Who has the ball, what down is it, where is the ball placed and how many seconds on the clock.

Iowanian
08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
offsetting penalties....replay the down.

A game cannot end with a defensive penalty.

Thats mah guess.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
4th and Goal Team A has the ball on Team B's 10 yard line with 0:05 left on the clock in the 4th qtr.

Play resulted in an incomplete pass, game over, but there are 3 flags on the field.

1 - Against Team B - Defensive Pass interference in the Endzone by a DB
2 - Against Team B - Offsides

Who has the ball, what down is it, where is the ball placed and how many seconds on the clock.

The game is over.

Nzoner
08-22-2005, 03:07 PM

Personally,I prefer drinking mine.

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 03:12 PM
offsetting penalties....replay the down.

A game cannot end with a defensive penalty.

Thats mah guess.

I think they're all against the defense, so it's not offsetting.

You take the worst of the penalties that's not a personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct, which is the defensive pass interference. That places the ball at the one.

You then apply the unsportsmanlike, which is half the distance to the goal.

Since the game can't end on a defensive penalty, the offense will get one play with no time on the clock, starting at the 1/2 yard line.

J Diddy
08-22-2005, 03:13 PM
If you fair catch a punt, you have the option of trying an undefended field goal, in which the defense has to pull their people off the field.

I've never seen it done in my 30+ years of fandom, but the announcers will mention occasionally that it's an option.

I have seen it done once. It was like a 75 yard field goal that had no hope and I don't remember the teams, but I remember seeing it.

morphius
08-22-2005, 03:16 PM

You take the worst of the penalties that's not a personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct, which is the defensive pass interference. That places the ball at the one.

Since the game can't end on a defensive penalty, the offense will get one play with no time on the clock, starting at the 1/2 yard line.
Actually no. The unsportsman like was on the Offense after the play. So the PI puts the ball at the one, and then you mark the ball at the 16 and play 4th down again with no time on the clock.

carlos3652
08-22-2005, 03:16 PM

Rainman... Unspotsmanlike is on Team A... Offensive Penalty after the play.

You would be correct if all penalties were on Team B... but that is not the case...

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 03:18 PM
I still think the game is over. Any penalty against the offense inside 2 minutes takes 10 seconds off the clock, or was it five?

carlos3652
08-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Actually no. The unsportsman like was on the Offense after the play. So the PI puts the ball at the one, and then you mark the ball at the 16 and play 4th down again with no time on the clock.

R U positive you dont take 10 seconds off the clock with an offensive penalty and/or are you sure this play ended with a Defensive penalty...

Im not 100% sure, trying to dig up the rule books...

morphius
08-22-2005, 03:28 PM
R U positive you dont take 10 seconds off the clock with an offensive penalty and/or are you sure this play ended with a Defensive penalty...

Im not 100% sure, trying to dig up the rule books...
I don't think that is the 10 second run off kind of penalty, as the clock would have been stopped.

I'm not positive on my ruling, but it made sense to me.

chiefs4me
08-22-2005, 04:35 PM

:shake:same ole song and dance form fatboy....

I think I here your momma calling you...it's time for dinner, so roll yourself into the dining room....:rolleyes:

Chiefsrocker
08-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Well at least you are a fan of the right team!! :arrow:

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Rainman... Unspotsmanlike is on Team A... Offensive Penalty after the play.

You would be correct if all penalties were on Team B... but that is not the case...

Oh. My bad. I read taunting and attributed it to Team B since the ball fell incomplete.

In that case...I think Iowanian is right. I think it's offsetting and you run the play again from the Line of Scrimmage. Otherwise, it gives the defense free reign to commit a penalty (e.g., personal foul) with no punishment if they see the offense commit a penalty.

carlos3652
08-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Oh. My bad. I read taunting and attributed it to Team B since the ball fell incomplete.

In that case...I think Iowanian is right. I think it's offsetting and you run the play again from the Line of Scrimmage. Otherwise, it gives the defense free reign to commit a penalty (e.g., personal foul) with no punishment if they see the offense commit a penalty.

But the PI and Offsides came during the play, while the UC came after the play was over... So I do not think its offsetting at that point... I think you have wat Morphius said...

As of right now we have three responses and they all have merit... We need a NFL rule junky to come in and lead us in the right direction.

To Briefly summarize:

4th and Goal from the 10th with 0:00 left on the clock (offsetting penalties)

or

1st and Goal from the 16th with 0:00 left on the clock (PI takes them to the 1, 15 yard penalty for the UC after the play puts them on the 16)

or

Game Over (offensive penalty after the play finishes the game)

milkman
08-22-2005, 06:43 PM

1 - Against Team B - Defensive Pass interference in the Endzone by a D
2 - Against Team B - Offsides[

Without the Unsportsmanlike conduct after the play is dead, the offense would decline the offsides, and accept the PI, and get the ball at the 1 yard line with no time remaining on the clock, for one play.

Unsportsmanlike conduct, however, supercedes all other penalties, so the penalties against the D are ignored, and the game is over.

GoChiefs has it right.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 07:36 PM
:shake:same ole song and dance form fatboy....

I think I here your momma calling you...it's time for dinner, so roll yourself into the dining room....:rolleyes:

Shut up, whore. luv2rite and kcchiefsqt have been here a fraction of the time you have, and already everyone here likes them more.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 07:37 PM
GoChiefs has it right.

PWNED!

Nelson Muntz
08-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Unsportsmanlike conduct, however, supercedes all other penalties, so the penalties against the D are ignored, and the game is over.

GoChiefs has it right.

If the unsportsmanlike conduct happened during the play you would be right. It happened after the play though.

milkman
08-22-2005, 08:18 PM
If the unsportsmanlike conduct happened during the play you would be right. It happened after the play though.

Do you recall the play in Arrowhead against the 9ers, with the crowd makking so much noise that the most of the players on the field didn't hear the whistle blowing because of a false start by a 9er O-Lineman.

Almost all of the players, including Steve Young and DT continued to play, and DT hit Young as he setting up in the pocket.

DT was called for unsportmanlike conduct, unnecessary roughness and the false start was waved off.

carlos3652
08-22-2005, 08:23 PM

Yes, this is what I thought...

carlos3652
08-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Do you recall the play in Arrowhead against the 9ers, with the crowd makking so much noise that the most of the players on the field didn't hear the whistle blowing because of a false start by a 9er O-Lineman.

Almost all of the players, including Steve Young and DT continued to play, and DT hit Young as he setting up in the pocket.

DT was called for unsportmanlike conduct, unnecessary roughness and the false start was waved off.

True...

chiefs4me
08-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Shut up, whore. luv2rite and kcchiefsqt have been here a fraction of the time you have, and already everyone here likes them more.

ROFL....read slowly so it will sink in, I am not here for people to like me...and the way you put it is, I didn't get picked for the space game you wanted to play...thank the gods above for that one....:clap: I am still staring at what you wrote...is this like back in school for you? Is this board like....well like your life? :hmmm:

morphius
08-22-2005, 08:39 PM

Both of those were preplay fouls.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 08:45 PM
ROFL....read slowly so it will sink in, I am not here for people to like me...and the way you put it is, I didn't get picked for the space game you wanted to play...thank the gods above for that one....:clap: I am still staring at what you wrote...is this like back in school for you? Is this board like....well like your life? :hmmm:

Jesus you're an annoying gunt. Why can't you be more like the respected female members of this community? It would be better for everyone involved.

milkman
08-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Both of those were preplay fouls.

True.

I guess we do need an expert.

morphius
08-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Jesus you're an annoying gunt. Why can't you be more like the respected female members of this community? It would be better for everyone involved.
How many years did it take before you became much more then a troll? Don't be such a flippin hypocrit...

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 08:57 PM
How many years did it take before you became much more then a troll? Don't be such a flippin hypocrit...

I'm reformed. Didn't you get the memo?

morphius
08-22-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm reformed. Didn't you get the memo?
Hence the reason I used the word "before"

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Hence the reason I used the word "before"

Ah yes, now I see your point. I guess flo needs time...

|Zach|
08-22-2005, 09:09 PM
This is the only thing you post these days. Seriously.

chefsos
08-22-2005, 09:13 PM
I am cracking up.

I can envision Luv2 getting home, sitting down and checking her thread. "Oh, they've been posting all evening. Lots of good advice for me here."

And then........:eek:!!!!

ROFL

carlos3652
08-22-2005, 10:29 PM
ROFL... Hopefully this thread stays in the right direction...

Gochiefs vs C4me is on every other thread... I think GC has a crush.... Lets keep this on the right track guys, dont want this sent to the rumper...

morphius
08-22-2005, 10:41 PM
I am cracking up.

I can envision Luv2 getting home, sitting down and checking her thread. "Oh, they've been posting all evening. Lots of good advice for me here."

And then........:eek:!!!!

ROFL
I think she has been on long enough to expect that any thread will/can have at least 3 tangents.

luv
08-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Wow, I just wish I knew half of what you were talking about. I know UC is 15 yards. I'm not sure on the yardage of other penalties though. I know from watching the game Saturday night that if there is pass interference on a play, the offense gets the ball wherever the PI took place, if it's good for a first down, then you start at that yardage with first and ten.

Dr. Chief
08-23-2005, 03:51 AM
1 second on the clock, 4th down and 1 from the one against the Lambs to win the Superbowl....

Which do you choose from the grill, the beer brat or the polish?

morphius
08-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Wow, I just wish I knew half of what you were talking about. I know UC is 15 yards. I'm not sure on the yardage of other penalties though. I know from watching the game Saturday night that if there is pass interference on a play, the offense gets the ball wherever the PI took place, if it's good for a first down, then you start at that yardage with first and ten.
Actually a PI penalty is always a first down, basically every D penalty is basically a first down except for offsides.

bringbackmarty
08-23-2005, 07:07 AM
I think yeah they would get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for leaving the sideline, but the knocking the person down on the sideline would be simple battery, and probably result in that players arrest, since it actually would have nothing to do with the game. Of course If a chiefs player were to do that at home during a raider or donx game, as long as he isn't a starter he's given a roster bonus for that activity, as well as they key to the city, and a six pack courtesy of yours truly.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 07:09 AM
Gochiefs vs C4me is on every other thread..

Like hell it is. Usually I keep as far away from her as possible.

luv
08-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Actually a PI penalty is always a first down, basically every D penalty is basically a first down except for offsides.
Okay, but what is the yardage on some of those penalties? I know some are 5 and some are 10, etc.

milkman
08-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Okay, but what is the yardage on some of those penalties? I know some are 5 and some are 10, etc.

Offsides-5 yards.
Defensive holding-5 yards and automatic first down.
Illegal contact-5 yards, and auto first down
PI-spot fo the foul and auto first down.
Roughing the QB-15 yards and auto first down.

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
If any others come to mind, I'll post 'em.

carlos3652
08-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Good link on penalties: http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/penaltysummaries

Summary of Penalties
Automatic First Down

1. Awarded to offensive team on all defensive fouls with these exceptions:

(a) Offside.

(b) Encroachment.

(c) Delay of game.

(d) Illegal substitution.

(e) Excessive time out(s).

(f) Incidental grasp of facemask.

(g) Neutral zone infraction.

(h) Running into the kicker.

(i) More than 11 players on the field at the snap.

Five Yards

1. Defensive holding or illegal use of hands (automatic first down).

2. Delay of game on offense or defense.

3. Delay of kickoff.

4. Encroachment.

5. Excessive time out(s).

6. False start.

7. Illegal formation.

8. Illegal shift.

9. Illegal motion.

10. Illegal substitution.

11. First onside kickoff out of bounds between goal lines and untouched or last

touched by kicker.

12. Invalid fair catch signal.

13. More than 11 players on the field at snap for either team.

14. Less than seven men on offensive line at snap.

15. Offside.

16. Failure to pause one second after shift or huddle.

17. Running into kicker.

18. More than one man in motion at snap.

19. Grasping facemask of the ball carrier or quarterback.

20. Player out of bounds at snap.

21. Ineligible member(s) of kicking team going beyond line of scrimmage before ball is kicked.

22. Illegal return.

23. Failure to report change of eligibility.

24. Neutral zone infraction.

25. Loss of team time out(s) or five-yard penalty on the defense for excessive crowd noise.

26. Ineligible player downfield during passing down.

27. Second forward pass behind the line.

28. Forward pass is first touched by eligible receiver who has gone out of bounds and returned.

29. Forward pass touches or is caught by an ineligible receiver on or behind line.

30. Forward pass thrown from behind line of scrimmage after ball once crossed the line.

31. Kicking team player voluntarily out of bounds during a punt.

32. Twelve (12) men in the huddle.

10 Yards

1. Offensive pass interference.

2. Holding, illegal use of hands, arms, or body by offense.

3. Tripping by a member of either team.

4. Helping the runner.

5. Deliberately batting or punching a loose ball.

6. Deliberately kicking a loose ball.

7. Illegal block above the waist.

15 Yards

1. Chop block.

2. Clipping below the waist.

3. Fair catch interference.

4. Illegal crackback block by offense.

5. Piling on.

6. Roughing the kicker.

7. Roughing the passer.

8. Twisting, turning, or pulling an opponent by the facemask.

9. Unnecessary roughness.

10. Unsportsmanlike conduct.

11. Delay of game at start of either half.

12. Illegal low block.

13. A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent.

14. Any player who uses the top of his helmet unnecessarily.

15. A punter, placekicker, or holder who simulates being roughed by a defensive player.

16. Leaping.

17. Leverage.

18. Any player who removes his helmet after a play while on the field.

19. Taunting.

Five Yards and Loss of Down (Combination Penalty)

1. Forward pass thrown from beyond line of scrimmage.

10 Yards and Loss of Down (Combination Penalty)

1. Intentional grounding of forward pass (safety if passer is in own end zone). If foul occurs more than 10 yards behind line, play results in loss of down at spot of foul.

15 Yards and Loss of Coin Toss Option

1. Team’s late arrival on the field prior to scheduled kickoff.

2. Captains not appearing for coin toss.

15 Yards (and disqualification if flagrant)

1. Striking opponent with fist.

2. Kicking or kneeing opponent.

3. Striking opponent on head or neck with forearm, elbow, or hands whether or not the initial contact is made below the neck area.

4. Roughing kicker.

5. Roughing passer.

6. Malicious unnecessary roughness.

7. Unsportsmanlike conduct.

8. Palpably unfair act. (Distance penalty determined by the Referee after consultation with other officials.)

15 Yards and Automatic Disqualification

1. Using a helmet (not worn) as a weapon.

2. Striking or purposely shoving a game official.

Suspension From Game For One Down

1. Illegal equipment. (Player may return after one down when legally equipped.)

Touchdown Awarded (Palpably Unfair Act)

1. When Referee determines a palpably unfair act deprived a team of a touchdown. (Example: Player comes off bench and tackles runner apparently en route to touchdown.)

Still dont know the correct answer... anyone, anyone?

carlos3652
08-25-2005, 03:41 PM
More info:

1. If there is a double foul during a down in which there is a change of possession, the team last gaining possession may keep the ball unless its foul was committed prior to the change of possession.

2. If double foul occurs after a change of possession, the defensive team retains the ball at the spot of its foul or dead ball spot.

3. If one of the fouls of a double foul involves disqualification, that player must be removed, but no penalty yardage is to be assessed.

4. If the kickers foul during a kickoff, punt, safety kick, or field-goal attempt before possession changes, the receivers will have the option of replaying the down at the previous spot (offsetting fouls), or keeping the ball after enforcement for its fouls.

carlos3652
08-25-2005, 03:43 PM
More info: http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/

Sorry, good stuff in here...