PDA

View Full Version : New subforum needed?

luv
08-22-2005, 01:01 AM
I think we need another subforum for religion. From what I've seen in this DC forum, people talk more about the bible, christianity, and religion than they do politics. Or is that just because this isn't an election year?

Logical
08-22-2005, 01:04 AM
I think we need another subforum for religion. From what I've seen in this DC forum, people talk more about the bible, christianity, and religion than they do politics. Or is that just because this isn't an election year?It used to be all discussed in the Lounge, these topics were banished to the DC forum, because it was an election year it was deemed the DC forum but that was not meant to make it politics only.

luv
08-22-2005, 01:05 AM
It used to be all discussed in the Lounge, these topics were banished to the DC forum, because it was an election year it was deemed the DC forum but that was not meant to make it politics only.
Then I think, due to the separation of church and state, it might need to be renamed. When I think of Washington D.C., I think of politics.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 01:06 AM
I think we need another subforum for religion. From what I've seen in this DC forum, people talk more about the bible, christianity, and religion than they do politics. Or is that just because this isn't an election year?

In part perhaps; I think it's also because of the perceived impact of the religious right in the last election, and the backlash to that...as evidenced here with several prominent posters.

Logical
08-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Then I think, due to the separation of church and state, it might need to be renamed. When I think of Washington D.C., I think of politics.I suggest you send your suggestion to Phobia and AustinChief they are the owners of the BB.

jAZ
08-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Religion and politics are intertwined because of the nature of this Republican Administration and the basis upon which they came to power.

They have established their political ideology upon catering to a particular religous sect within this country (evangelical, fundamentalist Christianity).

Religion (at this point) is no longer seperate from politics and government (though it should be). That's one of the tremendous consequences of giving this administration a 2nd term in office.

It's also because the penultimate issue of politics over the last 4 years (Iraq War) is being avoided more an more by the RWers. Even those hawkish types like Jim (Vlad) have switched their position on the war publicly. It leaves a discussion vacuum, and that is often filled by religion.

luv
08-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Religion and politics are intertwined because of the nature of this Republican Administration and the basis upon which they came to power.

They have established their political ideology upon catering to a particular religous sect within this country (evangelical, fundamentalist Christianity).

Religion (at this point) is no longer seperate from politics and government (though it should be). That's one of the tremendous consequences of giving this administration a 2nd term in office.

It's also because the penultimate issue of politics over the last 4 years (Iraq War) is being avoided more an more by the RWers. Even those hawkish types like Jim (Vlad) have switched their position on the war publicly. It leaves a discussion vacuum, and that is often filled by religion.
So if a democrat is elected to office in '08?

It was only a suggestion. Sorry.

Logical
08-22-2005, 01:18 AM

It's also because the penultimate issue of politics over the last 4 years (Iraq War) is being avoided more an more by the RWers. Even those hawkish types like Jim (Vlad) have switched their position on the war publicly. It leaves a discussion vacuum, and that is often filled by religion. Well said jAZ

Logical
08-22-2005, 01:20 AM

It was only a suggestion. Sorry.Religion was a big issue back when Clinton was in office. Abortion, assisted suicide, homosexual rights, all have been topics for years and years around here.

go bowe
08-22-2005, 01:47 AM
In part perhaps; I think it's also because of the perceived impact of the religious right in the last election, and the backlash to that...as evidenced here with several prominent posters.prominent? *perk*

i hope i'm one of those prominent posters... *puffs chest*

jAZ
08-22-2005, 01:50 AM

It was only a suggestion. Sorry.
Please don't feel it necessary to apologize. I'm not being critical, just responding to your question as best I can.

Logical
08-22-2005, 01:53 AM
prominent? *perk*

i hope i'm one of those prominent posters... *puffs chest*Funny but though he has not posted in a couple of months, no one posts more on religion than Russ, I wonder how you could portray him as a backlash poster?

go bowe
08-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Funny but though he has not posted in a couple of months, no one posts more on religion than Russ, I wonder how you could portray him as a backlash poster?puff... puff... pass... :shrug:

go bowe
08-22-2005, 02:01 AM
no, i wasn't referring to russ as a backlash person, or if i did, it was unintentional...

in fact, just about everything i'm doing is unintentional...

which is a good thing...

i think i'm going to take my unintentional ass to bed...

nite all...

BCD
08-23-2005, 09:49 AM

It's also because the penultimate issue of politics over the last 4 years (Iraq War) is being avoided more an more by the RWers. Even those hawkish types like Jim (Vlad) have switched their position on the war publicly. It leaves a discussion vacuum, and that is often filled by religion.Blah, blah. Gobblety-gook...

Radar Chief
08-23-2005, 10:16 AM
prominent? *perk*

i hope i'm one of those prominent posters... *puffs chest*

You ARE the cock of the walk, Go Bo. :Pimp: PBJ ;) PBJ