PDA

View Full Version : Marc Boerigter

jspchief
08-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Watching the game on Saturday, I noticed something with Boe. He was in the game a lot. He had to have played more snaps than any other player on the team. He was in for all of the STs, and lined up at WR for first, second, and third team. He damn near played all 4 quarters.

My guess is that the team was giving him a lot of opportunity "earn" a spot on the team. Unfortunately, he was pretty invisible all game, even playing STs (which he used to excell at). I think the coaches are trying to let him give them reason to not cut him, and he's not getting it done.

I also noticed Stills barely played at all. IMO, he's a goner.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-22-2005, 09:00 AM
go bo is not gonna be happy when final cut day comes.

Gary Stills is being saved for the regular season probably. I think he's on the team. I could be wrong.

BigRedChief
08-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Boerigter makes the team because of special teams.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Boerigter makes the team because of special teams.
sweet sig

TEX
08-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Watching the game on Saturday, I noticed something with Boe. He was in the game a lot. He had to have played more snaps than any other player on the team. He was in for all of the STs, and lined up at WR for first, second, and third team. He damn near played all 4 quarters.

My guess is that the team was giving him a lot of opportunity "earn" a spot on the team. Unfortunately, he was pretty invisible all game, even playing STs (which he used to excell at). I think the coaches are trying to let him give them reason to not cut him, and he's not getting it done.

I also noticed Stills barely played at all. IMO, he's a goner.

Bo saw some actrion against the Vikes and "got it done" when called upon. When all is said and done, he'll be a good # 3 WR for the CHIEFS IMO.

BigRedChief
08-22-2005, 09:12 AM
sweet sig
Stole it off a dude on the Coalition site that doesn't come over here. I tell you man its gonna be killer watching that dude tear it up in a Chiefs uniform........sorry for the thread drift :)..........as you were.

Rukdafaidas
08-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Stole it off a dude on the Coalition site that doesn't come over here. I tell you man its gonna be killer watching that dude tear it up in a Chiefs uniform........sorry for the thread drift :)..........as you were.
I think the dude at the Coalition site stole it from ZootedGranny.

IMO, Bo not only makes the team, but will play a big part this year.

BigRedChief
08-22-2005, 09:30 AM
I think the dude at the Coalition site stole it from ZootedGranny.

IMO, Bo not only makes the team, but will play a big part this year.

I don't have signatures showing. Does Zooted Granny use it here?

Chief Faithful
08-22-2005, 09:40 AM
I don't think you can read much into the Cardinal's game. This was the last big evaluation game for the young guys as even stated by DV. The next two games we will start to see more from the guys who are going to make the team and less from the camp fodder. Even Kris Wilson played a lot, but wasn't really a big part of the game plan. I suspect Bo played a lot just to see if he can hold up and because of the number of injuries to other players.

Plus, as bad as Huard and Killian played it is hard to say how much Bo and Wilson were part of the game plan.

I'm curious to see what DV does with Bo and Wilson the next two games.

htismaqe
08-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Bo won't be the #3 WR. That will be Dante Hall from the looks of it.

Uatu
08-22-2005, 09:48 AM
I think he'll make the team, even though I wish we had some semblance of talent at the position so he would be ST only or a 5th wide receiver or something.

Rausch
08-22-2005, 09:50 AM
As far as Stills goes they know what they have there.

He's a possible special teams probowler and average depth at OLB (3 deep) and decent pass rushing end. I think they've given Stills his grade for the year and are telling the young guys "here's your chance to beat him out. Go do it."

OTOH I think the decision to keep Barber on roster and our problems at CB might have as much to do with cutting Stills as anything...

Rausch
08-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Bo won't be the #3 WR. That will be Dante Hall from the looks of it.

If that's the case we should go ahead and cut Fred-X and look for someone else to compete for the 3rd spot.

Chief Faithful
08-22-2005, 10:00 AM
If that's the case we should go ahead and cut Fred-X and look for someone else to compete for the 3rd spot.

Fred-EX is really the wild card in the equation. It will be fun to watch him the next two weeks. If he can't get out of the tub this week and play in the next game I can't see how he can make the team.

The other wild card is Siavii. He is another guy who needs to show this week.

BigChiefFan
08-22-2005, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't consider Boerigter a goner at this point. In fact, I think he's made the team.