PDA

View Full Version : Hicks vrs Arizona

Mr. Laz
08-22-2005, 10:08 AM
"Hicks sucks ..."

"no he doesn't..."

"Hicks should be cut ..."

"Vermeil loves him ..."

thought i would take a look at Hick's performance for each play and see it would actually tell us something. The Arizona game was one of our better defensive performances so it should be, a more than, fair time to evaluate.

i was MORE than generous is giving him credit for stuff ... because i didn't want to be too critical. You might say i pulled out my "Parker" method of stats rating.

Man, he can make them stats dance. PBJ

anywhoo.... to the numbers

tackles - 1 1/2

they have him for 2 tackles on the official stats ... but one of them was a single arm on a ball carrier that was already half way down.

missed tackles - 1
only 1 major whiff

Pressures - 3 1/2

should be noted that 1 1/2 of those pressure Hicks was completely unblocked by design(screen) or mistake(sweep).

Double teamed by blockers - 7

htismaqe would be proud ... if a player even breathed in Hicks direction i gave him credit for a double team. :D

Triple teamed - 2

DC would be jealous :)

Did Nothing - 11

OK, this one takes some explaining... if he didn't impact the play in any credible way. So If hicks was double teamed by blockers THAT is impact because he took up an extra blocker. If he held contain or got a pressure, that's impact. If the play went away from him and he didn't have a realistic chance to impact the play i didn't count it either way... Like the quick pitch sweep to the opposite side of the field. This is only when the play was to his "general" part of the field, he was single blocked AND then didn't get a pressure/tackle etc.

you make the call

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Triple teamed - 2

DC would be jealous :)

If that means what I think it does that's funny right there.

BigChiefFan
08-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Hicks puts pressure on the QB. He isn't the optimum DE, but he's an every down DE and nobody has unseated him. He's also an effort guy. Hicks isn't close to being stellar, but he's better than some give him credit for.

Kyle401
08-22-2005, 10:13 AM
And your conclusion? Looks like the Cardinals were "game-planning" for him. I'd say he had a solid half.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2005, 10:17 AM
And your conclusion? Looks like the Cardinals were "game-planning" for him. I'd say he had a solid half.

i really didn't want to give a conclusion ... just give some stats for people to think about.

i will say that i was surprised how much attention he received from the arizona blockers.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Eric Hicks may go down in history as the greatest DE ever.... EVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!

Radar Chief
08-22-2005, 10:19 AM

He looked highly improved against an immobile quarterback.

Kyle401
08-22-2005, 10:21 AM
i really didn't want to give a conclusion ... just give some stats for people to think about.

i will say that i was surprised how much attention he received from the arizona blockers.

Fair enough. I was also suprised to see those stats.

htismaqe
08-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Using my method seems to work pretty good, huh? It's amazing how much info you get by actually WATCHING the games...

ptlyon
08-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Using my method seems to work pretty good, huh? It's amazing how much info you get by actually WATCHING the games...

I have no clue what you are talking about. I read on here several times that Hicks sucks, so it must be true. :harumph:

Mr. Laz
08-22-2005, 10:44 AM
HA! :p

if you mean it "work pretty good" because it said want you wanted to hear ... ya i guess so.

btw i bet i WATCH more games than you

ptlyon
08-22-2005, 10:47 AM

Bet my step dad can beat up your step dad!

htismaqe
08-22-2005, 10:47 AM
HA! :p

if you mean it "work pretty good" because it said want you wanted to hear ... ya i guess so.

So tell me smart guy, what did I want it to say? Or better yet, tell me what my interpretation is before I post it.

On average, I watch 3 college and 4 pro games a week. I could care less if you watch more games than me.

htismaqe
08-22-2005, 10:48 AM
I have no clue what you are talking about. I read on here several times that Hicks sucks, so it must be true. :harumph:

It's Laz' attempt at childish humor by making fun of the NY Giants preseason game last year where I broke down Sims' play in an argument with Whitlock.

And I have to admit, he's pretty good at childish humor.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2005, 10:50 AM
And I have to admit, he's pretty good at childish humor.

Thank u, Thank u veeery much

http://www.corporateeventchannel.com/elvis.jpg

htismaqe
08-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Thank u, Thank u veeery much

http://www.corporateeventchannel.com/elvis.jpg

Holy chit. That's some hair!

milkman
08-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Eric Hicks may go down in history as the greatest DE ever.... EVVVVVEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!

Not the greatest DE.
The greatest effort guy ever....EVVVVVEEEEEERRRR!!!!!!!!

tk13
08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Hicks always draws way more double teams than anybody here would ever believe. I remember watching some of the 2003 games over and over again, since many of them were much more enjoyable than last year, and back then Hicks was doubled all the time, easily as much as anybody on our line. He's not the greatest DE in the world, but we all knew that. I think Gunther was obviously happy with him, the only DE he brought in was Hall who was a RE in Tennessee...

Halfcan
08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Ever? Wow high praise indeed.

philfree
08-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Fair analysis. I prolly exagerated on a thread last night when I said he was in the backfield all night. The D line played pretty good as a unit and was disruptive.

PhilFree:arrow:

hbkeay
08-23-2005, 12:45 AM
sadly enough, those numbers for hicks in the 1st half are eerily similar to ryan sims numbers for last season.