PDA

View Full Version : New poll shows DUHbya approval at 36%

memyselfI
08-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Ooop, er Ouch!

Just reported on CNN. Perhaps this new 'constitution draft' will help. But, once people realize it's a consitution guaranteeing Islamic rule then maybe not.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE: Here is the link to the new poll. Apparently this was based mostly on the economy. The questions didn't even include Iraq... :eek: :clap:

http://americanresearchgroup.com/economy/

August 22, 2005
George W. Bush's Job Approval Ratings Drop

George W. Bush's overall job approval ratings have dropped from a month ago even as Americans who approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president are turning more optimistic about their personal financial situations according to the latest survey from the American Research Group. Among all Americans, 36% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 58% disapprove. When it comes to Bush's handling of the economy, 33% approve and 62% disapprove.

Among Americans registered to vote, 38% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 56% disapprove, and 36% approve of the way Bush is handling the economy and 60% disapprove.

This is the second month in a row when improving economic ratings have not been matched by higher job approval ratings for Bush. A total of 24% of Americans now say their personal financial situations are getting better, up from 17% in July, and 27% say they believe that their personal financial situations will be better off a year from now, which is up from 21% in July.

The increases in the personal financial ratings, however, are coming mainly from those approving of the way Bush is handling his job. A total of 54% of those approving the way Bush is handling his job say their personal financial situations are getting better, compared to 5% of those saying they disapprove of the way Bush is handling his job, and 61% of those saying they approve of the way Bush is handling his job say they expect to be better off a year from now, compared to 6% of those saying they disapprove of the way Bush is handling his job.

The results presented here are based on 1,100 completed telephone interviews conducted among a nationwide random sample of adults 18 years and older. The interviews were completed August 18 through 21, 2005. The theoretical margin of error for the total sample is plus or minus 2.6 percentage points, 95% of the time, on questions where opinion is evenly split.

Overall, 36% of Americans say that they approve of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president, 58% disapprove, and 6% are undecided.

go bowe
08-22-2005, 02:33 PM
so what poll is this?

or, as they say, "link"?

jAZ
08-22-2005, 02:35 PM
http://americanresearchgroup.com/economy/

penguinz
08-22-2005, 02:36 PM
What is your point? Even if the approval rating was 0.00009% he is still president until the end of 2008.

Donger
08-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Ooop, er Ouch!

Just reported on CNN. Perhaps this new 'constitution draft' will help. But, once people realize it's a consitution guaranteeing Islamic rule then maybe not.

Stay tuned.

Wow. There's no way in Hades that Bush is going to be re-elected now.

jAZ
08-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Anyone who thinks the historically low approval rating of a 2nd term President has no noteworthy impact on the overall Party and the upcoming mid-term elections... is just playing the role of the fool.

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Anyone who thinks the historically low approval rating of a 2nd term President has no noteworthy impact on the overall Party and the upcoming mid-term elections... is just playing the role of the fool.

Pssst. Ya gotta have a message.

Donger
08-22-2005, 02:44 PM

They do have a message: Bush Sucks.

And, it worked so well in 2004 that I hope the DNC continues to use it.

BIG_DADDY
08-22-2005, 02:45 PM

First of all you have to have decent candidates. The party simply cannot keep moving further to the left and expect to win.

Count Zarth
08-22-2005, 02:47 PM
New poll shows memyselfI's approval at 0%

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 02:48 PM

Like last term? Heh?

Besides, aren't you counting chickens a little early....considering 15 months is an eternity in politics? :)

Saulbadguy
08-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah. He sucks.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Yeah. He sucks.

Yet he still beat Kerry. How weak must he have been?

Uatu
08-22-2005, 02:51 PM
New poll shows Bush president until 2008

jiveturkey
08-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Yet he still beat Kerry. How weak must he have been?Mega-weak. What a huge mistake.

KC Dan
08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
In related news, I'm wearing red underwear. So frickin' what. Doesn't matter in August 2005.

Goapics1
08-22-2005, 02:56 PM
In related news, I'm wearing red underwear. So frickin' what. Doesn't matter in August 2005.
ROFL ROFL

Simplex3
08-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Dude, if you're still wearing that underwear a few days from now it's going to start to matter.

KC Dan
08-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Dude, if you're still wearing that underwear a few days from now it's going to start to matter.
Geez, I'm traveling to San Jose tomorrow morning. I had better get a different color for Tuesday & Wednesday. Since its No. Cali maybe pink and purple...:banghead:

jAZ
08-22-2005, 03:24 PM
The Dems will indeed have to make some progress on their own merits (organization, message, unity, etc) in order to capitalize on the collapse in support for the policies of this administration and the Republican agenda in general. I'm cetainly not counting any chickens as Kotter put it. Though anyone who dismisses the impact of an unpopular president on a mid-term election is absolutely playing the fool.

In either case, it says a great deal that the nation has seeming seen through the 4+ year facade that Rove had successfully built.

From Josh Marshall's site:

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/006321.php

(August 22, 2005 -- 10:00 AM EDT // link // print)
Divided they fall? After the 2004 primaries, fractious Democrats were impressively united in the great offensive to unseat George W. Bush. The party remained fairly monolithic earlier this year, thanks mainly to its widespread loathing for Bush's Social Security plan. But lately solidarity has again given way to a familiar brand of infighting. Two big articles today in the Times and the Post chronicle surging tensions between the party's liberal base and its Washington establishment -- over Iraq on the one hand and the Roberts nomination on the other. Call for withdrawal from Iraq, or support the war while criticizing Bush? Go nuclear on John Roberts, or skip an uphill fight and focus on other issues? The debate rages -- and the wheels spin.

Even some key Democrats fall on different sides of different issues. Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold -- who is thinking about a run for president in 2008 -- is featured prominently as a voice of the base in the Post's story on Iraq. But in the Times, Feingold is lukewarm about pummeling Roberts for political gain.

So if you're wondering why Democrats aren't getting more positive traction out of Bush's dismal approval ratings, one reason is that they simply can't agree on what to do. You better believe that makes Karl Rove a happy man.

-- Michael Crowley

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 03:31 PM

So if you're wondering why Democrats aren't getting more positive traction out of Bush's dismal approval ratings, one reason is that they simply can't agree on what to do. You better believe that makes Karl Rove a happy man.

-- Michael Crowley

If they can capitalize with reasoned and rational criticism, they could capitalize....and should.

Given the track record of the party for the past few elections, that would involve an about face on this very issue.

If they decide on a "Bush sucks" Moon bat approach, they will keep gettin' what they've been getting. If they offer sensible and moderate voice of the "loyal opposition," they could hurt the Republicans in the midterms.

Once again though, 15 months is a long, long time in politics where voters can't remember what happened last month.

Chief Faithful
08-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Ooop, er Ouch!

Stay tuned.

You sure seem to have trouble with freedom of religion:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,113576,00.html

Article 3.

(A) This Law is the Supreme Law of the land and shall be binding in all parts of Iraq without exception. No amendment to this Law may be made except by a three-fourths majority of the members of the National Assembly and the unanimous approval of the Presidency Council. Likewise, no amendment may be made that could abridge in any way the rights of the Iraqi people cited in Chapter Two; extend the transitional period beyond the timeframe cited in this Law; delay the holding of elections to a new assembly; reduce the powers of the regions or governorates; or affect Islam, or any other religions or sects and their rites.
(B) Any legal provision that conflicts with this Law is null and void.

(C) This Law shall cease to have effect upon the formation of an elected government pursuant to a permanent constitution.

Article 7.

A) Islam is the official religion of the State and is to be considered a source of legislation. No law that contradicts the universally agreed tenets of Islam, the principles of democracy, or the rights cited in Chapter Two of this Law may be enacted during the transitional period. This Law respects the Islamic identity of the majority of the Iraqi people and guarantees the full religious rights of all individuals to freedom of religious belief and practice.
(B) Iraq is a country of many nationalities, and the Arab people in Iraq are an inseparable part of the Arab nation.

penchief
08-22-2005, 03:45 PM

As one prominent republican said recently, "Stay the course" is no message.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 03:46 PM

"Bush sucks" isn't either.

Chief Henry
08-22-2005, 03:49 PM
New poll shows Bush president until 2008

They can't stand looking at the scoreboard.

The last poll they were pushing polled something like 60-65% democrats.
I sure won't worry about anything these LWNJ post with poll information in it.

We've got the SCOREBOARD and whipped thier azz's by over
3 MILLION votes. THey have to grasp at straws.

Notice they don't say anything about over 2 Million new jobs being created in the last year.

penchief
08-22-2005, 03:50 PM
First of all you have to have decent candidates. The party simply cannot keep moving further to the left and expect to win.

That's probably true.

The sad fact for Bush Lovers/Clinton Haters is that if Clinton had been able to run again he would have whipped Bush's ass without even trying. He would have done so even with all of the shady business that went down in FLA and O-H-I-O. ;)

penchief
08-22-2005, 03:53 PM
"Bush sucks" isn't either.

I never said it was. But if neither one of us has a message maybe a look in the mirror is in order before conservatives start casting stones.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 03:56 PM
I never said it was. But if neither one of us has a message maybe a look in the mirror is in order before conservatives start casting stones.

Who's casting stones? You're the one who said the Reps didn't have a message. I merely pointed out, our party doesn't either. :shrug:

jAZ
08-22-2005, 03:58 PM
That's probably true.

The sad fact for Bush Lovers/Clinton Haters is that if Clinton had been able to run again he would have whipped Bush's ass without even trying. He would have done so even with all of the shady business that went down in FLA and O-H-I-O. ;)
Charisma means a lot in politics.

The problem with the last 2 elections, IMO was not necessarily policy choices or an excess of "Bush Sucks".

It was a failure of the messenger. Gore and Kerry are fairly 1 dimensional speakers. Kerry's convention speech might have been the best of his career, but it paled in comparison to Clinton's from 3 days earlier.

The reason that Barrak Obama's star shines so brightly has almost everything to do with how he carry's himself.

The dems will always have a less cohesive message, it's the nature of being the party of diverse smaller groups. It's very much like hearding cats. It takes a great deal of charisma to reach across all those groups to get through the primaries and then move past each of those groups and appeal to moderates and libertarians needed to attract their votes in the general election.

Clinton had that in spade. He might have been the very best politcal speaker in several generations. He moved people with his words. He was smart enough to stay centrist in his policies and was dumb enough to pull out his pudd in the oval office.

MOhillbilly
08-22-2005, 03:58 PM
its not about approval,its about finishing what you started out to do.

You dont have to like it.

jAZ
08-22-2005, 04:02 PM

Indeed... to hell with Democracy I say! Bring on facism!

penchief
08-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Who's casting stones? You're the one who said the Reps didn't have a message. I merely pointed out, our party doesn't either. :shrug:

Conservatives are constantly harping that the left has no message. That is one of their primary attacks against the democratic party. A person can hardly tune in to a single political debate without the right-wing using the, "dems have no message so it's not right to question our policies" talking point.

It's akin to the pot calling the kettle black. Legitimate criticisms of failed policies are appropriate from those who represent government. It is inappropriate, IMO, to label legitimate criticisms as nothing more than partisan attacks from people who have no clue. Especially when so much is at stake.

I believe it's time for conservatives in this country to stop deflecting and start reflecting.

JMHO.

By the way, Bush really does suck. That is a fact.

Chief Henry
08-22-2005, 04:15 PM
By the way, Bush really does suck. That is a fact.

NOPE, its just your opin. Thats a fact.

penchief
08-22-2005, 04:16 PM
NOPE, its just your opin. Thats a fact.

No, I'm pretty sure he sucks.

Pants
08-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Wow, that's low. Pretty terrible... Anybody know what the lowest approval rating in history is?

Donger
08-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Wow, that's low. Pretty terrible... Anybody know what the lowest approval rating in history is?

Truman's approval dipped to 24 percent in the late spring of 1951 after he removed popular Gen. Douglas MacArthur from command in Korea.

Nixon's approval dropped to 31 percent in August 1973 as the war dragged on in Vietnam and revelations of administration misdeeds kept spilling out of the Senate Watergate hearings.

Carter's approval plunged to 29 percent in the early summer of 1979 amid economic troubles and news of increasing problems with new Iranian leader Ayatollah Khomeini.

The first President Bush's approval sank to 32 percent in July 1992 as his presidential rivals Clinton and Ross Perot gained momentum in the campaign and the unemployment rate rose.

memyselfI
08-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Moved to it's own thread...

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 04:36 PM

Elections are still held every four years. That's facism? :shrug:

Pants
08-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Truman's approval dipped to 24 percent ...

Thank you.

jAZ
08-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Elections are still held every four years. That's facism? :shrug:
If that's what MOHillbilly had said, there would be no room for questioning his comments. That's not what he said.

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 05:32 PM

You guys shoulda thought of that in early November of 2004.

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Clinton had that in spade. He might have been the very best politcal speaker in several generations. He moved people with his words. He was smart enough to stay centrist in his policies and was dumb enough to pull out his pudd in the oval office.

I know a lot of times I felt a movement when that lying POS opened his mouth.

But to your post I agree with most of it.

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 05:37 PM

I'd dispute that.

Donger
08-22-2005, 06:45 PM
If that's what MOHillbilly had said, there would be no room for questioning his comments. That's not what he said.

What did he say that led you to think of fascism?

penchief
08-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I'd dispute that.

If the "course" has produced nothing but failed policy then sticking to that course merely for the sake of ideology or political points is not a plan. If something is a mistake to begin with it seems a little self-defeating to continue down that path in hopes that by some miracle everything is going to work out.

A bad plan driven by extreme ideology is not better than the flexibility exhibited by those who practice rational thought. Pragmatism is superior to self-serving ideological inflexibility, IMO.

If this administration actually had a plan we wouldn't be experiencing the problems this country faces nor would we be hearing a song and dance everytime something this president says turns out to be wrong. Plans aren't supposed to leave us crossing our fingers that we didn't screw the pooch beyond repair.

Yeah, Bush had a plan alright. A plan to satisfy the power quo that appears more and more likely to create an economic burden and security nightmare for future generations of Americans.

JMHO.

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 07:36 PM
If the "course" has produced nothing but failed policy then sticking to that course merely for the sake of ideology or political points is not a plan. If something is a mistake to begin with it seems a little self-defeating to continue down that path in hopes that by some miracle everything is going to work out.

A bad plan driven by extreme ideology is not better than the flexibility exhibited by those who practice rational thought. Pragmatism is superior to self-serving ideological inflexibility, IMO.

If this administration actually had a plan we wouldn't be experiencing the problems this country faces nor would we be hearing a song and dance everytime something this president says turns out to be wrong. Plans aren't supposed to leave us crossing our fingers that we didn't screw the pooch beyond repair.

Yeah, Bush had a plan alright. A plan to satisfy the power quo that appears more and more likely to create an economic burden and security nightmare for future generations of Americans.

JMHO.

You raise valid concerns but I haven't seen anyone offer anything else.

Progress is being made. Our own republic wasn't built in a year.

Just because you state Bush's course is nothing but failed policy doesn't make it so. JMHO.

jettio
08-22-2005, 09:28 PM
If B*sh were to start molesting some of the tee-ballers that play on the White House lawn, his approval ratings could not get any lower.

There are about 38% of the people that are too f*king stupid to even try to think about whether or not B*sh could do a better job.

jAZ
08-22-2005, 09:35 PM
You raise valid concerns but I haven't seen anyone offer anything else.

Progress is being made. Our own republic wasn't built in a year.

Just because you state Bush's course is nothing but failed policy doesn't make it so. JMHO.
Some times when someone fuchs something up so badly, there aren't any good alternatives available. However, listening to the moron how created the mess to begin with is certainly the worst idea I can think of.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 10:05 PM
If B*sh were to start molesting some of the tee-ballers that play on the White House lawn, his approval ratings could not get any lower.

There are about 38% of the people that are too f*king stupid to even try to think about whether or not B*sh could do a better job.

You seriously believe that too. That's what's scary to me. :shake:

You and your ilk are the reason our party is in deep doo-doo; and you and your ilk are the reason me and my ilk don't mind split ticket voting when Moon Bat Pie is the alternative.

jAZ
08-22-2005, 10:16 PM
What did he say that led you to think of fascism?
That whole america's-approval-doesn't-matter-furerBush-has-a-plan-it-will-be-done thing.

Or did you miss this post?

Ugly Duck
08-22-2005, 11:05 PM
If the "course" has produced nothing but failed policy then sticking to that course merely for the sake of ideology or political points is not a plan. I think you should give credit where credit is due. The Neocons did stay the course and finish the job. They said Sodom was holding a WMD-gun to our heads and we had to defend ourselves from the Bin Hidin ally that was connected to the 9-11 attack. Now there are no more Iraqi WMD-guns to our head and we have avenged 9-11 by unseating the complicit dictator. Mission Accomplished.

Now the Neocons have embarked on another course - freeing the Iraqi people to create a democratic Islamic Republic like Iran. Thats the course they are now staying til they finish the job. Hmmm.... if the new Islamic Republic of Iraq re-invades the dictatorship of Kuwait, do we support the democracy or the dictatorship?

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 11:12 PM
I think you should give credit where credit is due. The Neocons did stay the course and finish the job. They said Sodom was holding a WMD-gun to our heads and we had to defend ourselves from the Bin Hidin ally that was connected to the 9-11 attack. Now there are no more Iraqi WMD-guns to our head and we have avenged 9-11 by unseating the complicit dictator. Mission Accomplished.

Now the Neocons have embarked on another course - freeing the Iraqi people to create a democratic Islamic Republic like Iran. Thats the course they are now staying til they finish the job. Hmmm.... if the new Islamic Republic of Iraq re-invades the dictatorship of Kuwait, do we support the democracy or the dictatorship?

I got those same talking points in an e-mail from the DNC.

You've done well, young Skywalker. :)

Ugly Duck
08-22-2005, 11:24 PM
I got those same talking points in an e-mail from the DNC.Excellent! Even the DNC can see the obvious!

Valiant
08-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Charisma means a lot in politics.

The problem with the last 2 elections, IMO was not necessarily policy choices or an excess of "Bush Sucks".

It was a failure of the messenger. Gore and Kerry are fairly 1 dimensional speakers. Kerry's convention speech might have been the best of his career, but it paled in comparison to Clinton's from 3 days earlier.

The reason that Barrak Obama's star shines so brightly has almost everything to do with how he carry's himself.

The dems will always have a less cohesive message, it's the nature of being the party of diverse smaller groups. It's very much like hearding cats. It takes a great deal of charisma to reach across all those groups to get through the primaries and then move past each of those groups and appeal to moderates and libertarians needed to attract their votes in the general election.

I'm sorry but are you a ****ing idiot, you are telling me the last two elections were lost because you couldn't find speakers bright enough to challange Bush in debates??? ROFL ROFL Seriously...

Valiant
08-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Some times when someone fuchs something up so badly, there aren't any good alternatives available. However, listening to the moron how created the mess to begin with is certainly the worst idea I can think of.

So, your party has no plan or viable option???

You are setting up for failure agian, all it will take for the next election is to have Bush not endorse the canidate that much... If you do not have a viable canidate to swing moderate REpublicans you guys are ****ed agian...

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 12:06 AM
So, your party has no plan or viable option???

You are setting up for failure agian, all it will take for the next election is to have Bush not endorse the canidate that much... If you do not have a viable canidate to swing moderate REpublicans you guys are ****ed agian...

The absolute "Troof," Bro'!

Pants
08-23-2005, 12:19 AM
I think you should give credit where credit is due. The Neocons did stay the course and finish the job. They said Sodom was holding a WMD-gun to our heads and we had to defend ourselves from the Bin Hidin ally that was connected to the 9-11 attack. Now there are no more Iraqi WMD-guns to our head and we have avenged 9-11 by unseating the complicit dictator. Mission Accomplished.

Yeah, except we don't care about Osama anymore and there were no WMD's to begin with. Other than that, yeah we stayed the course. BTW, how exactly did we avenge 9/11 by unseating Saddam? I don't think he was the one responsible for the attacks, the man who was, though, is still running free.

Also, to people who say "Who cares what Bush's aproval rating is, it's a done deal, blah, blah." The point is, Bush sucks as a president, left was right about his incompetency and you guys should admit it, instead of saying who cares. I know if Kerry got elected and later recieved a 36% approval rating, I'd be calling him stupid and admitting he sucked as a president.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-23-2005, 12:21 AM
I belong to no party. I lean, and it will become evident soon enough for those who haven't figured it out. I don't post much in this forum. I'll appologize in advance if this has been said already. I believe that people are much more shallow overall then the majority of the guys who give a shit one way or the other in here. So I think Mr. Dubbyas approval rating is down as low as it is thanks in most part to the outrageous gasoline prices right now. People see an Oil guy President with the highest priced oil ever and they think foul. JMO I'm sure they remember Nixon too. Glad I never had to deal with THOSE lines.

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 12:22 AM
.... I know if Kerry got elected and later recieved a 36% approval rating, I'd be calling him stupid and admitting he sucked as a president.

I'm gonna take you at your word, dude. :)

Pants
08-23-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm gonna take you at your word, dude. :)

Zell Miller is a f*cking dumbass. :p

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Zell Miller is a f*cking dumbass. :p

And (I'm testing you, here) Chuck Hagel is.....??? :hmmm:

Logical
08-23-2005, 12:28 AM
I belong to no party. I lean, and it will become evident soon enough for those who haven't figured it out. I don't post much in this forum. I'll appologize in advance if this has been said already. I believe that people are much more shallow overall then the majority of the guys who give a shit one way or the other in here. So I think Mr. Dubbyas approval rating is down as low as it is thanks in most part to the outrageous gasoline prices right now. People see an Oil guy President with the highest priced oil ever and they think foul. JMO I'm sure they remember Nixon too. Glad I never had to deal with THOSE lines.You are are off on your President and gas lines, those occurred while Jimmy Carter was President, not Nixon.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-23-2005, 12:31 AM
You are are off on your President and gas lines, those occurred while Jimmy Carter was President, not Nixon.

Yeah, what he said. Did I mention I was born in the 70's?

Pants
08-23-2005, 12:32 AM
And (I'm testing you, here) Chuck Hagel is.....??? :hmmm:
How is that testing me? I agree with him on some points... He's not from the party I (think) support. The whole Zeller thing was to (jokingly) prove that I can talk shit on Dem's.

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 12:43 AM
How is that testing me? I agree with him on some points... He's not from the party I (think) support. The whole Zeller thing was to (jokingly) prove that I can talk shit on Dem's.

It was a test, to see if you recognize Chuck is to the Reps, what Zell was to the Dems. I'll give you a C.....maybe a C+. :)

Pants
08-23-2005, 12:47 AM
It was a test, to see if you recognize Chuck is to the Reps, what Zell was to the Dems. I'll give you a C.....maybe a C+. :)

Oh, yeah, I know he is (not to such extent, I don't think, though). I thought you were f*cking with my mind...

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 12:52 AM
... I thought you were f*cking with my mind...

That too. A little. Heh. :)

BigMeatballDave
08-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Wow. There's no way in Hades that Bush is going to be re-elected now.He he

BigMeatballDave
08-23-2005, 01:47 AM
Wow, that was just stoopid, Jet. At this point, who would give a rats ass what his approval rating was. He'd be polishing poles behind bars...

KC Jones
08-23-2005, 06:37 AM
I don't think history will be kind to Bush. Outside of Iraq all he's done is lower the bar in terms of how dirty politics can get and how obvious the payola is. If his ME policy were to work out he'd go down as a hero, but it's not looking good in that department.

Donger
08-23-2005, 08:03 AM
That whole america's-approval-doesn't-matter-furerBush-has-a-plan-it-will-be-done thing.

Or did you miss this post?

I believe you misunderstood Mo's point, probably deliberately. I imagine that Mo was making the point that Bush seems to be driven by achieving goals, not by his standing in the polls.

jettio
08-23-2005, 08:37 AM
You seriously believe that too. That's what's scary to me. :shake:

You and your ilk are the reason our party is in deep doo-doo; and you and your ilk are the reason me and my ilk don't mind split ticket voting when Moon Bat Pie is the alternative.

I think I quit giving a flip about what you thought when I realized that you were Monica Lewinski sending PMs to me supporting SD ChiefsFan when both were alter-egos of the same weirdo.

I never joined any party and think for myself, Moon Bats must be really crazy if they do weirder stuff than what you did as described in the above paragraph.

jettio
08-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Wow, that was just stoopid, Jet. At this point, who would give a rats ass what his approval rating was. He'd be polishing poles behind bars...

I have to post something stoopid every now and again just so that I can fulfill the requirements of my contract.

Ugly Duck
08-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah, except we don't care about Osama anymore and there were no WMD's to begin with. Other than that, yeah we stayed the course. BTW, how exactly did we avenge 9/11 by unseating Saddam? I don't think he was the one responsible for the attacks, the man who was, though, is still running free.Oh.... I guess you're kinda right about that. But that would mean the White House is run by a buncha liars..... OMFG!! We are bring ruled by a gang of incompetent liars!!

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 08:51 AM
I think I quit giving a flip about what you thought when I realized that you were Monica Lewinski sending PMs to me supporting SD ChiefsFan when both were alter-egos of the same weirdo.

You didn't "realize" jack shit...I admitted it on the open board.

As for sending you PMs, I don't remember that--it could be....but if you can't separate a silly attempt to fugg with you on a BB, from real life, it's you that has the problem.

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2005, 09:11 AM

I never joined any party and think for myself, Moon Bats must be really crazy if they do weirder stuff than what you did as described in the above paragraph.

Ya find out the funniest stuff on these boards...

BigMeatballDave
08-23-2005, 09:14 AM
I have to post something stoopid every now and again just so that I can fulfill the requirements of my contract.
ROFL Same here...

RINGLEADER
08-23-2005, 09:18 AM
And if Bush was running against Kerry this year he'd win again...

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Hold a grudge much, dude?

Get over it. The grown-ups have. :rolleyes:

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Hold a grudge much, dude?

Get over it. ... :rolleyes:

Get over what? It's seems it's you who can't get over it. I hold no grudge. It seems it's you who is embarrassed by the stupid things you've done on this board. I merely laughed.

Because it's funny.

It's funny that you would PM me this quoted message. (sans the smiley)

It's funnier to think that you throw the term moonbat around this board, yet you send/sent PM's to folks from your multi screen names supporting the positions of your other screen names.

Moonbat indeed.

Anyway, no need to PM me if your going to post the same message on the board.

...The grown-ups have.

I mean... That's gold, Jerry! GOLD!!!!!

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Get over what? It's seems it's you who can't get over it. I hold no grudge. It seems it's you who is embarrassed by the stupid things you've done on this board. I merely laughed.

....It's funnier to think that you throw the term moonbat around this board, yet you send/sent PM's to folks from your multi screen names supporting the positions of your other screen names.

Moonbat indeed.

Anyway, no need to PM me if your going to post the same message on the board. ...

You, and a handful of others keep bringin' it back up--talk about a joke wearing thin (kinda like the parody screen names for me, I suppose)....that's what I meant by "get over it."

Late night lame attempts at humor, even if you don't find them funny, makes me a Moon Bat? ROFL

Some of you guys can't seem to distinguish between attempts at humor (I'm guilty) and serious attempts by some to portray radical partisan ideology as defensible political positions (the true moonbats of the board.)

As for the PM, I thought you had logged off....and didn't know if you'd check back. No problem.

the Talking Can
08-23-2005, 10:32 AM

man, the more I hear about that dude...the freaking wierder he seems...moonbats indeed....

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 10:36 AM
man, the more I hear about that dude...the freaking wierder he seems...moonbats indeed....

Heh....another one that can't distinguish lame attempts at humor (lousy comedian), from serious attempts by some to portray radical partisan ideology as defensible political positions (moonbats), I see. :hmmm:

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2005, 10:56 AM
You, and a handful of others keep bringin' it back up--talk about a joke wearing thin (kinda like the parody screen names for me, I suppose)....that's what I meant by "get over it."

Late night lame attempts at humor, even if you don't find them funny, makes me a Moon Bat? ROFL

Some of you guys can't seem to distinguish between attempts at humor (I'm guilty) and serious attempts by some to portray radical partisan ideology as defensible political positions (the true moonbats of the board.)

As for the PM, I thought you had logged off....and didn't know if you'd check back. No problem.

I defy you to find where I have been "bringin' it back up'. Not that it matters. As Titus points out in his sig...

Your continued hypersensitivity to the subject is what keeps it alive.

I have one question.

Why is it that it's everybody else who can't decipher/distinguish (your) lame at attempts at humor?

I

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I defy you to find where I have been "bringin' it back up'....

Your continued hypersensitivity to the subject is what keeps it alive.

I have one question.

Why is it that it's everybody else who can't decipher/distinguish (your) lame at attempts at humor?

Post #76 isn't piling on? I have become more than annoyed by it...because it's such a blantant misrepresentation of what went on.

I assure you, many found it funny--at least at first. Obviously, others didn't. I misjudged in knowing when to quit. Sue me, I guess.

I guess it's asking too much to let it go.

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Post #76 isn't piling on? ....

You mean this post?

Piling on? That's piling on? This is Chiefsplanet. You know damn well that ain't a pile on. It's not even a pylon.

I assure you, many found it funny--

Goddam Kotter, I said it was funny...Now it's not supposed to be funny? Or is it not funny now? But it was once funny? Cause I laughed. But laughing now is no laughing matter. It's a pile on.

I'm trying to keep up.

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Piling on? That's piling on? This is Chiefsplanet. You know damn well that ain't a pile on. It's not even a pylon.

Goddam Kotter, I said it was funny...Now it's not supposed to be funny? Or is it not funny now? But it was once funny? Cause I laughed. But laughing now is no laughing matter. It's a pile on.

I'm trying to keep up.

:doh!:

Ah, the imprecise nature of communicating on the internet. You were laughing with me? Got it.

Now we can laugh at me....(since it's not over a bogus characterization of my parodies--I'm now in the loop.)

Sorry I was confused. Carry on. :banghead:

memyselfI
08-23-2005, 12:49 PM

the problem is which dude/dudette? SD/Sybil?

ndbbm
08-23-2005, 01:03 PM
I've been gone a whole year...and it's like I never left. Still the same old people hating on one another.

KC Jones
08-23-2005, 05:43 PM
I've been gone a whole year...and it's like I never left. Still the same old people hating on one another.

Screw you butthole!!!!

:D

go bowe
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM

As for the PM, I thought you had logged off....and didn't know if you'd check back. No problem.what's he supposed to be getting over?

mouse shit, bat shit, sybil shit, or just plain silly shit?

go bowe
08-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Post #76 isn't piling on? I have become more than annoyed by it...because it's such a blantant misrepresentation of what went on.

I assure you, many found it funny--at least at first. Obviously, others didn't. I misjudged in knowing when to quit. Sue me, I guess.

I guess it's asking too much to let it go.yep...

hell, like i told chiefs4me earlier today, you are a famous poster on chiefs planet...

your name(s) conjure up all sorts of images...

and your exploits are the board are the stuff of legend...

and you've earned your elite status the hard way...

you should be proud of every bump and bruise...

you're just too sensitive... :( :( :(

besides, it's fun to laugh at your antics... :D :D :D

jettio
08-23-2005, 08:42 PM
You didn't "realize" jack shit...I admitted it on the open board.

As for sending you PMs, I don't remember that--it could be....but if you can't separate a silly attempt to fugg with you on a BB, from real life, it's you that has the problem.

All I said was that I could give less than 2/9 ths of a half of d*mn what you think, and gave a good reason why.

If that is a problem of mine, I hope that the solution to that problem will remain undiscovered for a good long while, round about forever would be just right.

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2005, 08:50 PM
All I said was that I could give less than 2/9 ths of a half of d*mn what you think, and gave a good reason why.

If that is a problem, I hope that the solution to that problem will remain undiscovered for a good long while, round about forever would be just right.

Oh, now that's just piling on. You're so insensitive. [sniff]

memyselfI
08-23-2005, 08:53 PM
:doh!:

Ah, the imprecise nature of communicating on the internet. You were laughing with me? Got it.

Now we can laugh at me....(since it's not over a bogus characterization of my parodies--I'm now in the loop.)

Sorry I was confused. Carry on. :banghead:

Dude/Dudette,

why not just log off, pour yourself a glass of whine, and have a nice hot bath...

http://www.lonestarsteve.com/photos/drama_queen.jpg

go bowe
08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
pile? *perk*

where's the pile?

jettio
08-23-2005, 09:00 PM

:grouphug: piling on indeed.

Let it go, WTI, you can do it.

They say living well is the best revenge, I'll have my girl Monica PM you a fistful of monopoly money, go and get something nice for the family.
:Pimp:

Logical
08-23-2005, 09:05 PM
ROFL

Logical
08-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Dude/Dudette,

why not just log off, pour yourself a glass of whine, and have a nice hot bath...

http://www.lonestarsteve.com/photos/drama_queen.jpgROFL

go bowe
08-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Dude/Dudette,

http://www.lonestarsteve.com/photos/drama_queen.jpghold on now...

you're not allowed to be funny on this board, are you?

besides that post doesn't mention the debil bush even once...

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2005, 09:53 PM
:grouphug: piling on indeed.

Let it go, WTI, you can do it.

They say living well is the best revenge, I'll have my girl Monica PM you a fistful of monopoly money, go and get something nice for the family.
:Pimp:

I.. I... can't let it go. It's consumed me. In as little as nine minutes I may sscchtart spellllink likke thish.... It's a blatant pile on.

cowboy_big_rich
08-23-2005, 10:06 PM

that was before my time it seems, but that is just strange dude

cowboy_big_rich
08-23-2005, 10:11 PM
what school does he teach at? I want to make sure my boys will never go there

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2005, 10:18 PM
what school does he teach at? I want to make sure my boys will never go there

It's about 5 states north of you Rich.