PDA

View Full Version : Wilkerson and responsibilities?

Rick
08-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Wilkerson had a good game. He didn't stand out, but he was very consistent and looks much stronger than Jarod Allen. Wilkerson would be my starter at DE next game also and with a good game start in the opener.

I was mostly impressed with the way defenders stayed home and took care of their responsibilities. Play-action passes were covered and Arizona did not beat us around the ends like others have done for two or three years straight. I know we were much more aggressive, but aggressiveness alone won't get the job done. Aggressiveness and discipline together could realistically make us a solid defensive team. Now we just need to see it happen consistently- I for one feel more at ease after the Arizona game.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2005, 05:51 PM
he did play well imo

they also move wilkerson over to left end on passing downs some so they could bring in Allen.

that works

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Sadly, the ESPNZone didn't show the game. (It was the first game I've missed in a couple of years.) I was looking forward to seeing how Wilkerson did, because I've liked him in previous outings.

BigVE
08-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Wilkerson had a good game. He didn't stand out, but he was very consistent and looks much stronger than Jarod Allen. Wilkerson would be my starter at DE next game also and with a good game start in the opener.

I was mostly impressed with the way defenders stayed home and took care of their responsibilities. Play-action passes were covered and Arizona did not beat us around the ends like others have done for two or three years straight. I know we were much more aggressive, but aggressiveness alone won't get the job done. Aggressiveness and discipline together could realistically make us a solid defensive team. Now we just need to see it happen consistently- I for one feel more at ease after the Arizona game.

Ok, I agree to a point but consider this: Kurt Warner is a statue in the backfield and JJ Arrington is quick but a very inexperienced rb who doesnt know exactly how to use his blocks or exactly where to go. YES I saw definite improvement and I was happy but we do have to consider the type of offense that we were up against. Personally I would rather have DE that is strong against the run and gives adequate QB pressure instead of a guy who gets 7 sacks but gets ran over on every other play that goes his way. Wilkerson gets my vote.

DTLB58
08-22-2005, 06:05 PM
he did play well imo

they also move wilkerson over to left end on passing downs some so they could bring in Allen.

that works

That's the best part yet :clap: Get Hicks off the field.