PDA

View Full Version : Bell's shoulder shot?

Mr. Laz
08-22-2005, 07:00 PM
POSTED 3:40 p.m. EDT, August 22, 2005

BELL'S SHOULDER SHOT?

In response to our report from this morning regarding the private concerns within K.C. that signing linebacker Kendrell Bell to a long-term, big-bonus deal might have been a mistake, a league source with knowledge of Bell's career in Pittsburgh tells us that Bell has a "really bad shoulder" and that the joint "will not hold up" this season.

Within the first few days of free agency, there was a report that Bell was in New York and had left abruptly. Per the source, Bell had actually agreed to terms with the Giants, but then the Giants pulled out due to the results of his physical.

On top on his health concerns, Bell is in the process of moving from inside linebacker in the 3-4 to outside linebacker in the 4-3. Although, in some respects, the positions are equivalent since the outside 'backer in a 3-4 mimics a defensive end in a 4-3, the fact remains that Bell is working his way into a new defensive scheme with at least one old injury that might prevent him from ever being as effective as he once was in Pittsburgh. So, in the end, his name likely will be added to the list of former Steeler linebackers who left via free agency but were never as good with their new teams.

CHIEFS SECOND-GUESSING BELL SIGNING?

Although a report in The Kansas City Star tries to put a positive spin on the absence to date of linebacker Kendrell Bell from full-contact practices and from preseason games, a league source tells us that some members of the front office in Kansas City privately are expressing regret regarding the decision to sign Bell to a lucrative free-agent contract, given his history of injuries.

Publicly, coach Dick Vermeil says that Bell is taking limited work because of a nagging shoulder problem, which he apparently "tweaked" during offseason workouts. G.M. Carl Peterson says that the team doesn't want Bell to re-injure the groin that caused him to miss a bunch of games in 2004, with the Steelers.

Eventually, however, Bell will have to play in order to justify his signing bonus and salary. And the concern on the part of some members of the organization is that, when he does, he'll be hurt again.

www.profootballtalk.com

hehe love posting this stuff and watching people bitch for hours. over/under on how many pages? :D

ChiefsFire
08-22-2005, 07:13 PM
great

fuggin great

Thig Lyfe
08-22-2005, 07:16 PM
AWWWWWWWWW F*CK

MELTDOWN IN 3..... 2..... 1......

nychief
08-22-2005, 07:18 PM
is this more Nick Athon houseshit?

Crush
08-22-2005, 07:18 PM
AWWWWWWWWW F*CK

MELTDOWN IN 3..... 2..... 1......

I'll start. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

BigRock
08-22-2005, 07:19 PM
ProFootBallTalk.com is the biggest horse-shit site on the internet. Every single one of their stories is complete crap disgusted as "league sources tell us". I know other boards that have actually banned posting stuff from that excuse of a site.

jidar
08-22-2005, 07:21 PM
*fingers in ears*
I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T HEAR YOU NA NA NA NA NA

alanm
08-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Did anyone not notice that he put down at the bottom of the topic that it was from www.profootballtalk.com ?
What a bunch of maroons. :)

philfree
08-22-2005, 07:29 PM
great

fuggin great

I wouldn't get to worked up over a profootballtalk piece. It appears to me Bell is prepared to play through some shoulder pain. I bet he plays and then rehabs it all week during the season. Then he'll take a little shot on Sunday and go knock the hell out of people. It could get to where he can't play but he's apparently had this issue even before he was in the league. I believe it was a torn pectoral from weight lifting and then a groin injury that caused him to miss time before and not his shoulder. Knowing he has a problem that ain't gonna go completely away holding out of contact as long as we possibly can is the smart thing to do.

PhilFree:arrow:

nychief
08-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Did anyone not notice that he put down at the bottom of the topic that it was from www.profootballtalk.com ?

ahh.. color me dumb

Mr. Laz
08-22-2005, 07:32 PM

ruining my fun :cuss:

Phobia
08-22-2005, 07:35 PM
ProFootBallTalk.com is the biggest horse-shit site on the internet. Every single one of their stories is complete crap disgusted as "league sources tell us". I know other boards that have actually banned posting stuff from that excuse of a site.

We haven't officially banned the site, but it's a big enough joke that we have a lot of fun with crap that comes down the pipe from them.

Bob Dole
08-22-2005, 07:41 PM
So if the guy never plays a down, how much money would we be on the hook for?

Pants
08-22-2005, 07:42 PM
LOL, I thought Bell was shot in his shoulder and that's why he can't play now...

Halfcan
08-22-2005, 07:43 PM
DV says he will play, so I guess we will see who is right this weekend.

NaptownChief
08-22-2005, 07:50 PM
We know it is bull shit because Peterson didn't give Rolle a deal because of the most minicule injury concern so there is no way a man as business savy and as smart as him would give a big contract to someone with an obvious shoulder problem.

the Talking Can
08-22-2005, 07:51 PM
We know it is bull shit because Peterson didn't give Rolle a deal because of the most minicule injury concern so there is no way a man as business savy and as smart as him would give a big contract to someone with an obvious shoulder problem.

boom goes the dynamite

nychief
08-22-2005, 07:52 PM
I assume we gave him a physical before signing him. He is going to play.

eazyb81
08-22-2005, 07:52 PM
DV says he will play, so I guess we will see who is right this weekend.

I could really care less if he plays this weekend or not.

As long as he's ready to roll on September 11th, I will happy.

SoCalBronco
08-22-2005, 08:09 PM
You guys should be thankful that King Carl made his signing bonus two-tiered and that the bulk of it was to come next summer. I think KC gaive him only 2.5 million up front.

morphius
08-22-2005, 08:11 PM
You guys should be thankful that King Carl made his signing bonus two-tiered and that the bulk of it was to come next summer. I think KC gaive him only 2.5 million up front.
We should be thankful that this report is from PFT...

VonneMarie
08-22-2005, 08:14 PM
We should be thankful that this report is from PFT...
Stole my thunder.

TRR
08-22-2005, 08:52 PM
Bell isn't taking a limited work load. He's had more practice then 80% of the players on the team.

Bell will be fine. I'll put money on it.

morphius
08-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Stole my thunder.
As usual, too fast for the woman...

TEX
08-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Bell isn't taking a limited work load. He's had more practice then 80% of the players on the team.

Bell will be fine. I'll put money on it.

How much?

On a related note, didn't you tell me last week that Bell did not fail the Giants physical? I might be mistaken in that it could have been someone else as you're pretty credible. :hmmm:

Course this report is from profootballtalk.com which sucks...I've just been totally against the Bell signing from the beginning as I've felt he's damaged goods so my opinion is jaded.

Ebolapox
08-22-2005, 09:06 PM
DAMMIT CARL!!!

-EB-

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2005, 09:07 PM
As usual, too fast for the woman...

I'd talk to my doctor if I were you...

OldTownChief
08-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Is his locker beside Maz's?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Is his locker beside Maz's?

More importantly...is his locker beside Scanlon's?

Cue the gloomy concerning music...

morphius
08-22-2005, 09:16 PM
I'd talk to my doctor if I were you...
I wondered how long someone could resist that weak setup, LOL!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2005, 09:23 PM
I wondered how long someone could resist that weak setup, LOL!

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/cb/March2002/tee.gif

philfree
08-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Here's the article from the Star I guess they're speaking of.

Bell says wait is worth it

Chiefs linebacker being held from preseason games as precaution

By ELIZABETH MERRILL

The Kansas City Star

As the mystery of Kendrell Bell continued, and panic spread, the Chiefs’ new linebacker didn’t move around like a man with serious health issues. He darted into a pile of defenders, looked straight ahead, and didn’t stop. And that was just to avoid the cameras.

Bell hates talking about his health. He’d rather give his take on gas prices. But two preseason games have passed, Bell has been nowhere on the field, and Chiefs fans have lit up the radio call-in shows with worry.

They wonder if Bell’s hard-luck injuries have followed him to Kansas City.

“I’m fine,” Bell said. “I’m out here practicing. They should come out here and watch me practice. Then they can make a decision.”

Maybe they can see for themselves this week. Bell is expected to participate in full-contact drills, the last step before he plays in a preseason game. He was a regular for two-a-days during training camp, but coach Dick Vermeil has held Bell from contact. The reasons varied. Vermeil said it was to rest the shoulder that nagged Bell in Pittsburgh.

President/general manager Carl Peterson hinted that the Chiefs also want to be careful because of a groin injury that kept Bell out for most of the 2004 season. Peterson said they had planned to limit Bell in the preseason even before he tweaked the shoulder this summer during offseason workouts.

“That’s by design,” Peterson said. “You hold your breath every preseason game.”

The Chiefs have had their share of training-camp injuries. They lost linebacker Mike Maslowski in the third game of the 2001 preseason. A year later, safety Jerome Woods also was hurt in the third preseason game.

Bell was the NFL’s defensive rookie of the year in 2001, with 88 tackles and nine sacks, but Peterson said Bell was probably the biggest risk of the offseason defensive acquisitions because of his injury history.

A Pro Bowler, Bell has battled issues with his groin, shoulder and ankle but said he feels healthier now than he has in three seasons. In one of those seasons, 2003, Bell had 108 tackles.

“In this position, you’re always measuring risk versus reward,” Peterson said. “You have to. But we’re being very cautious with Kendrell Bell, and I hope that it will pay off in a very good year for him. We’re also being very cautious with Priest Holmes, with Willie Roaf, Will Shields and Tony Gonzalez by saying, hey, one practice is enough.

“We just want to be careful with (Bell). When he practices, he looks exceptionally quick and fast, and that’s what Gunther (Cunningham) and we all want on the defense.”

Bell, 27, admits he would’ve been frustrated by all the caution in his younger days, but can understand now why he needs to wait. It’s a good learning experience. He played right inside linebacker in a 3-4 system at Pittsburgh, moved to the outside in Kansas City, and has used the down time to get in more mental repetitions.

Waiting seems to be a theme for the Chiefs’ linebackers. Five linebackers were scratched from Saturday night’s game against Arizona, and after the 24-17 loss, Vermeil hoped to get some of his 25 injured players back in practice today. Keyaron Fox, who would normally back up Bell on the right side, is out because of a hamstring pull.

Their absences undoubtedly have had an affect on a 0-2 start. Good thing the games don’t count.

“They just don’t need me right now,” Bell said. “We’ll take our time. I wouldn’t want to get too happy to get out there.”
----------------------

The Chiefs took a chance on Bell just like they did Green and Roaf and those guys haven't missed a start. I'm not predicting that Bell do the same but so have seen a few risks taken by DV and CP pay off. I'm not sure on the odds of it happening again. I'm crossing my fingers like I did with those guys. In the mean time did you guys notice how well Griffin played with the starting D last week?. Actually Mitchell, DJ, Fujita and Griffin all looked pretty good. Our season at this point doesn't hang on the health of Kendral Bell.

PhilFree:arrow:

unlurking
08-22-2005, 09:54 PM
The Chiefs took a chance on Bell just like they did Green and Roaf and those guys haven't missed a start. I'm not predicting that Bell do the same but so have seen a few risks taken by DV and CP pay off. I'm not sure on the odds of it happening again. I'm crossing my fingers like I did with those guys.

Good point.

I know when Green came over I thought it was a total waste. Then again, he led the league in TrINTerceptions his first year. I hope we don't get similar results in Bell's first year.

petegz28
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Q: What do you expect out of Kendrell Bell this week?

VERMEIL: “I expect him to participate in the game unless I get notice from the doctor. I think he’s sort of excited about picking up the tempo and getting more involved.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/22/qa_with_dick_vermeil20/

Ugly Duck
08-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Dang! Bad news for RaiderFanz! Judging from their track record - If ProFootballTalk sez Bell is washed up, that probably means he'll be a friggin' BEAST!!

Ninjaman
08-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Source of this info ?

Link ?

TRR
08-23-2005, 12:02 AM
How much?

On a related note, didn't you tell me last week that Bell did not fail the Giants physical? I might be mistaken in that it could have been someone else as you're pretty credible. :hmmm:

Course this report is from profootballtalk.com which sucks...I've just been totally against the Bell signing from the beginning as I've felt he's damaged goods so my opinion is jaded.

However much money you want...I've seen him live...He'll be fine. And I was the source that said he never failed the NY Giants physical...Because he didn't...

Chiefs sign linebacker Kendrell Bell
March 8, 2005
Print Article

AP story from FOXSports.com

Linebacker Kendrell Bell, the defensive rookie of the year four years ago, signed a seven-year contract with the defensively troubled Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday.

Bell, 6-foot-1, 257 pounds, was one of the last name free agents on the markets even though he played just three games last season with Pittsburgh. His best season came as a rookie in 2001, when made the Pro Bowl after recording 88 tackles, nine sacks and a pair of forced fumbles in his first season.

Bell was troubled with shoulder and groin injuries last week and the New York Giants passed on him as a free agent after a physical, although they did not specify the exact problem.

"I had a conversation with (the Giants') general manager and he said he did not fail their physical," team president Carl Peterson said.

"I'm doing good. I'm great," Bell said. "I can play today. I can play right now."

In Bell's only other full season, 2003, he was a Pro Bowl alternate after recording 108 tackles and five sacks, an interception and a forced fumble.

"We're pleased to acquire Kendrell's services and we think he will make an impact for the Chiefs in 2005 and beyond," Peterson said. "He's a quality football player, as well as a quality person."

TEX
08-23-2005, 12:16 AM
However much money you want...I've seen him live...He'll be fine. And I was the source that said he never failed the NY Giants physical...Because he didn't...

Chiefs sign linebacker Kendrell Bell
March 8, 2005
Print Article

AP story from FOXSports.com

Linebacker Kendrell Bell, the defensive rookie of the year four years ago, signed a seven-year contract with the defensively troubled Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday.

Bell, 6-foot-1, 257 pounds, was one of the last name free agents on the markets even though he played just three games last season with Pittsburgh. His best season came as a rookie in 2001, when made the Pro Bowl after recording 88 tackles, nine sacks and a pair of forced fumbles in his first season.

Bell was troubled with shoulder and groin injuries last week and the New York Giants passed on him as a free agent after a physical, although they did not specify the exact problem.

"I had a conversation with (the Giants') general manager and he said he did not fail their physical," team president Carl Peterson said.

"I'm doing good. I'm great," Bell said. "I can play today. I can play right now."

In Bell's only other full season, 2003, he was a Pro Bowl alternate after recording 108 tackles and five sacks, an interception and a forced fumble.

"We're pleased to acquire Kendrell's services and we think he will make an impact for the Chiefs in 2005 and beyond," Peterson said. "He's a quality football player, as well as a quality person."

Well this sure sounds more credible than the Profootballtalk.com article so I tend to believe you. Maybe Bell really didn't fail the Giants physical but they backed out because the results of it caused them more concern than they were willing to accept? Who knows?

So, since you have seen Bell practice, and you say that he'll be fine, what's your defination of fine? Play the whole season? Miss a few games? If we bet, I think it's fair to bet on injuries and games missed as a direct result of his groin or shoulder or past injuries, not new ones cause anything can happen - it's football.

To that I'll say that Bell will not play in 1/4 of the CHIEFS games due to re-injury of previous injuries. We also should establish what "playing" means. I mean if Bell only manages to see action in a few plays during a game, that won't count as playing the whole game. I'm open to other playing scenarios before we bet, so what are your terms?

ZootedGranny
08-23-2005, 12:41 AM
As said by philfree, after what I've seen during the preseason, I don't think the season hinges on Bell playing.

That said, I think his presence does nothing but help, because I think he'll bring out that hitter's mentality. Thus far, the Chiefs defense has made some plays, but I think if Bell goes out there and lays someone the **** out, it'll spark a violence in the defense that I haven't seen yet.

Big Slick
08-23-2005, 01:02 AM

We haven't officially banned the site, but it's a big enough joke that we have a lot of fun with crap that comes down the pipe from them.

Actually, they do a pretty good job of getting info, I don't understand the rant this place has against them. Anybody in that kind of business is going to miss on stories, but they do better than anybody else I'm aware of. Who does better?

And as entertaining as this site may be, for it to be passing judgement on any other site for factual accuracy, well that's too funny.

By the way, I guess if their site is such a POS, then you'll be contacting them to take down the link they have to this site. :rolleyes: Wouldn't want to be associated with such a "horse-shit" site I'd assume...

Pants
08-23-2005, 01:05 AM
Actually, they do a pretty good job of getting info, I don't understand the rant this place has against them. Anybody in that kind of business is going to miss on stories, but they do better than anybody else I'm aware of. Who does better?

And as entertaining as this site may be, for it to be passing judgement on any other site for factual accuracy, well that's too funny.

By the way, I guess if their site is such a POS, then you'll be contacting them to take down the link they have to this site. :rolleyes: Wouldn't want to be associated with such a "horse-shit" site I'd assume...

Dude, their stories are always horseshit, unless it's the same story you hear on ESPN, you can't go wrong with those (most of the time). This site doesn't pretend to be the place with inside sources. How many articles were put out by chiefsplanet? The point is, that article is bullshit and everybody knows it. Just like the rest of the shit that comes out of PFT.

DaWolf
08-23-2005, 01:08 AM
This whole thing reminds me of the Priest Holmes saga, where the Chiefs kept insisting he was alright and everyone else insisted the Chiefs were hiding something and Holmes' career may be over. And turns out the team wasn't lying.

So I'll trust the team on this one too. It makes no sense to me that Carl would sink $10 mil into an injured linebacker when he had other options available, yet they let Rolle walk because they had concerns about some spinal condition that apparently wasn't a big deal and didn't really make much of an effort to get Ty Law.

"League sources" have a way of making something seem bigger than it is. Like the bogus thing about Surtain's "degenerative knee" that was making the rounds a few seasons ago...

Ninjaman
08-23-2005, 02:11 AM
I am seeing more attention grabbing BS articles.

They are getting desperate for the website hits.

BigMeatballDave
08-23-2005, 02:19 AM

ROFL N00b

BigMeatballDave
08-23-2005, 02:20 AM
This whole thing reminds me of the Priest Holmes saga, where the Chiefs kept insisting he was alright and everyone else insisted the Chiefs were hiding something and Holmes' career may be over. And turns out the team wasn't lying.

So I'll trust the team on this one too. It makes no sense to me that Carl would sink $10 mil into an injured linebacker when he had other options available, yet they let Rolle walk because they had concerns about some spinal condition that apparently wasn't a big deal and didn't really make much of an effort to get Ty Law.

"League sources" have a way of making something seem bigger than it is. Like the bogus thing about Surtain's "degenerative knee" that was making the rounds a few seasons ago...Well said...
:clap:

Rausch
08-23-2005, 03:09 AM
Glas is half full: www.profootballtalk.com has more reports with "inside sources" and "league sources" than I have empty beer cans.

Glas is half empty: the Steelers are damned good at identifying when a player is on the up or downside of his career. Very few players have been productive after leaving the Steelers through free agency in the last 10 years...

thepascalblaze
08-23-2005, 04:10 AM
I have a general worry based on all I've heard/read, but that worry isn't increased by either of these two bits. They each have intrinsic signs of b.s. .. ...the first uses a secret injury discovered by the giants but ends with a diffrerent critique,potential steeler homerism, 3-4, 4-3 blahdi-yada-blah, but then the "free agents from P suck elsewhere"... (guess their system rules)
The second seems different in choice of word but is so similar. Which came first? Mention of groin here with the shoulder, but still ends in Steeler homerism without pushing the boundries of mystifying P.

the Talking Can
08-23-2005, 06:02 AM
Bell is supposed to practice today and actually hit someone.

We'll know how that shoulder is soon.

Bob Dole
08-23-2005, 06:29 AM
By ELIZABETH MERRILL

The Chiefs have had their share of training-camp injuries. They lost linebacker Mike Maslowski in the third game of the 2001 preseason. A year later, safety Jerome Woods also was hurt in the third preseason game.

And Wilson last season against Dallas...and Battle this year.

Anyone else get the distinct impression that Liz hadn't watched a single KC game before she got hired at the Star?

KCTitus
08-23-2005, 07:17 AM
hehe love posting this stuff and watching people bitch for hours...

says the 'bitch' ringleader...

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 08:30 AM
So if the guy never plays a down, how much money would we be on the hook for?

Not much...his bonus was tiered. I think we gave him $2M this year and $10M next or somethng like that.

It was a very smart contract.

morphius
08-23-2005, 08:36 AM

Comparing an opinion internet BB to a news reporting site is kind of like comparing Jason Whitlock to a reporter...

ChiTown
08-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Who is Kendrell Bell? Does he play for the Chiefs?

morphius
08-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Who is Kendrell Bell? Does he play for the Chiefs?
Currently he is on the practice squad, but there are hopes that the guy could break into the lineup and may even see the field in a preseason game. Though they may have to amputate his arm to make his shoulder feel better.

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 09:01 AM
I'll start. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! Damnit Carl!!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Could you please edit this to make your AAAAGGGHHH!!! a little shorter please? I' like to read this thread, but it makes me horizontal scroll and it's very annoying.

Or could a mod please edit it?

Thank you

morphius
08-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Could you please edit this to make your AAAAGGGHHH!!! a little shorter please? I' like to read this thread, but it makes me horizontal scroll and it's very annoying.

Or could a mod please edit it?

Thank you
Could you not quote it so as to not F* up every other page as well?

ChiTown
08-23-2005, 09:04 AM
.......Though they may have to amputate his arm to make his shoulder feel better.

Cool. I love slot machines.....

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Could you not quote it so as to not F* up every other page as well?
Sorry about that, it's fixed.

Now could amod PLEASE fix the original post? I'm on a laptop and can't increase my resolution beyond 1024x768.

Ari Chi3fs
08-23-2005, 09:10 AM
HARTWELL. :cuss:

morphius
08-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Sorry about that, it's fixed.

Now could amod PLEASE fix the original post? I'm on a laptop and can't increase my resolution beyond 1024x768.
LOL! Thx.

jidar1
08-23-2005, 09:27 AM
I don't buy it. If a lingering injury was going to keep him from playing he wouldnt have signed the type of contract he did. He obviously believes he is going to play.

What we did was sign a guy who is going to do his best to play because it's the only way he can get paid, and if for some reason he can't play then we are out very little.

At worst, we are out 2.5m for a guy who can't play... but at best the skys the limit on the impact this guy can have, and he has every reason to bust ass.

This signing was smart no matter how you look at it, and that's not homerism folks that's simple common sense. Stop your ****ing bitching and use your head.

chiefz
08-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Three words,

Pro Football Talk

siberian khatru
08-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Currently he is on the practice squad, but there are hopes that the guy could break into the lineup and may even see the field in a preseason game. Though they may have to amputate his arm to make his shoulder feel better.

He's no Scanlon.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 09:51 AM

You don't understand our rant? Then maybe you'll understand the rant of a couple other large football sites I frequent - OrangeMane and ChiefsCoalition. They act the same way towards PFT stories. I assume every other football message board on the net feels the same.

I didn't know they had a link to our site up. I'm actually fine with a link, though. It's not like we're partners or anything. They provide links as a service to their readers. They've gotten plenty of hits from us over the years, despite the general attitude of distrust towards their stories.

Mr. Laz
08-23-2005, 09:56 AM
ProFootballtalk rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefz
08-23-2005, 09:56 AM
You don't understand our rant? Then maybe you'll understand the rant of a couple other large football sites I frequent - OrangeMane and ChiefsCoalition. They act the same way towards PFT stories. I assume every other football message board on the net feels the same.

I didn't know they had a link to our site up. I'm actually fine with a link, though. It's not like we're partners or anything. They provide links as a service to their readers. They've gotten plenty of hits from us over the years, despite the general attitude of distrust towards their stories.

If you ask Mike Florio himself he will tell you that he deals in mostly rumors and heresay.

BIG_DADDY
08-23-2005, 11:59 AM
How bad can the shoulder be, seriously? What did he do seperate it before?

ct
08-23-2005, 12:15 PM

Precisely the point I was gonna make. We were well aware he was potential damaged goods, and hedged ourselves accordingly capwise. It's not the cap that will hurt us, it's his absence in our rebuilt D. We need him in there. I too am a little concerned about his long-term prognosis, but am not gonna chicken-little his pre-season absences. Not worried yet. Just watching carefully...

Poster Nutbag
08-23-2005, 12:31 PM

So, Big Slick, how long you been working for that horseshit web rag profootballtalk.com?

:p

Coach
08-23-2005, 12:34 PM
How bad can the shoulder be, seriously? What did he do seperate it before?

IIRC, I think his shoulder has bothered him off and on since college. He has an "arthritic" shoulder, didn't he? :shrug:

TRR
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
I've done some research on Bell's shoulder, and it doesn't sound like there has ever been anything majorly wrong with it. Pittsburgh had an MRI done on it many times, and never found anything. Just some arthritis in it.

I think the team doctors for KC think that with him sitting out last season, and preparing him like they are for this season, may give the shoulder time to heal effectively.

kc1977
08-23-2005, 03:02 PM
PFT is a rumor site. Floria has plenty of sources. It's a rumor site and he is going to pass along what he gets from his sources. Of course, sources have their own agenda and they will float things to him that are false or at least only partial truths to serve their purpose.

I don't take what he says as gospel, but geesh, it's an entertaining daily read (especially during the offseason) with at least some NFL "news" that is a lot more interesting than what you get anywhere else. I just don't really see the problem.

So the rumor is Bell is a bust. We'll see. I'm sure there is talk, and yes, talk even in the Chiefs front office. You think there aren't guys in the F.O. just waiting for Carl to be wrong again?

I don't doubt for a second that there are people in the Chiefs F.O. that feel this way. I'm sure this legitimately made it to Florio. Doesn't mean it's true because some Front Office lackey thinks that or because Florio posted it. That's why it's called a rumor.

TRR
08-23-2005, 03:10 PM
PFT is a rumor site. Floria has plenty of sources. It's a rumor site and he is going to pass along what he gets from his sources. Of course, sources have their own agenda and they will float things to him that are false or at least only partial truths to serve their purpose.

I don't take what he says as gospel, but geesh, it's an entertaining daily read (especially during the offseason) with at least some NFL "news" that is a lot more interesting than what you get anywhere else. I just don't really see the problem.

So the rumor is Bell is a bust. We'll see. I'm sure there is talk, and yes, talk even in the Chiefs front office. You think there aren't guys in the F.O. just waiting for Carl to be wrong again?

I don't doubt for a second that there are people in the Chiefs F.O. that feel this way. I'm sure this legitimately made it to Florio. Doesn't mean it's true because some Front Office lackey thinks that or because Florio posted it. That's why it's called a rumor.

I don't think that garbage is interesting at all, because 95% isn't true. They look around the league, find things that they can blow up, and write about it. That's all they do. PFT did it with the Priest Holmes injury situation. I remember when they reported that his career was over. Not on hold, or jeapordized...Over. They actually said to expect a retirement press conference. Now what about that is interesting?

Pants
08-23-2005, 03:11 PM

Rumors are for women. I don't enjoy reading bullshit "rumors" as factual statements, I don't see how it could be entertaining to read that bullshit, and I sure as f*ck don't see how a dude with an IQ higher than 90 can compare a BB site to a "news" site.

StcChief
08-23-2005, 03:22 PM
maybe with Corteson....

ct
08-23-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't think that garbage is interesting at all, because 95% isn't true. They look around the league, find things that they can blow up, and write about it. That's all they do. PFT did it with the Priest Holmes injury situation. I remember when they reported that his career was over. Not on hold, or jeapordized...Over. They actually said to expect a retirement press conference. Now what about that is interesting?

Perhaps Taco was their source...

the Talking Can
08-23-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty sure that PFT gets its info from Nick Athan.

In other words: I blame Nick Athan.

Chiefnj
08-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I don't mind the speculation about his shoulder on a website that is biased against KC and based on rumor, but at least get the factual information correct. The Chiefs signed him to a favorable contract where they don't take a big hit if he doesn't pan out. That's a fact. They write the article as if his entire bonus was already paid, etc. It was a high risk, high reward signing but not risky in a monetary sense.