PDA

View Full Version : Inside 9/11 on National Geographic

DenverChief
08-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Anybody else watching?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Watched part one last night, will watch the 2nd part this evening. Pretty interesting stuff, alot of rehash for anyone that has studied the subject at all, but over all pretty good info.

morphius
08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
MNF or 9/11, hmmmm.

MNF

DTLB58
08-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Taped last night and am taping now so I can watch all of it at once. It looked pretty interesting. National geographic channel has pretty quality stuff.

KChiefs1
08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Dammit I missed it! Saw Part I which took you right up to the hijackings.

Think they'll show it again?

KCJake
08-23-2005, 12:14 AM
I watched it. Im still a little surprised that 100 passengers were unable to over take 4 rag-heads armed with two box-knives.

Anyway, pretty sad stuff. The U.S had SO MANY chances to prevent this. Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.

It was pretty weird seeing all those people jumping off the towers. :shake:

TEX
08-23-2005, 12:35 AM
I watched it. Im still a little surprised that 100 passengers were unable to over take 4 rag-heads armed with two box-knives.

Anyway, pretty sad stuff. The U.S had SO MANY chances to prevent this. Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.

It was pretty weird seeing all those people jumping off the towers. :shake:

Yep. That jumping off the towers stuff was rough!

DenverChief
08-23-2005, 02:23 AM
Dammit I missed it! Saw Part I which took you right up to the hijackings.

Think they'll show it again?

Most likely they will haven't had much time to watch it all the way thru but am Tivoing it

chappy
08-23-2005, 02:42 AM
man just got done watching the series it was great very informative i think i'm gonna order it to show my classes on sept. 11th when i become a teacher

chappy
08-23-2005, 02:43 AM
that is if i can ever get through school myself

John_Wayne
08-23-2005, 07:54 AM

It was pretty weird seeing all those people jumping off the towers. :shake: Right. Too bad we didn't have 20/20 hindsight. The Clinton administration had chance after chance to deal with UBL and Al Quida. There was terrorist attack after terrorist attack against U.S. targets during the Clinton administration. But they were all on foreign soil, so they weren't dealt with seriously by government or the media. Also, no one realized what was going to happen on 9/11. Politics trumped security back then. Now that we've been hit, security is taken more seriously. At least now we know what we're fighting for and who we're fighting against. Make no mistake, this is a WAR. It's different than any ware we've ever been in, but it is a WAR.

Brock
08-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Turning into a political piss-fest in 3, 2, 1....

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Right. Too bad we didn't have 20/20 hindsight. The Clinton administration had chance after chance to deal with UBL and Al Quida. There was terrorist attack after terrorist attack against U.S. targets during the Clinton administration. But they were all on foreign soil, so they weren't dealt with seriously by government or the media. Also, no one realized what was going to happen on 9/11. Politics trumped security back then. Now that we've been hit, security is taken more seriously. At least now we know what we're fighting for and who we're fighting against. Make no mistake, this is a WAR. It's different than any ware we've ever been in, but it is a WAR.

It has been shown on numerous occasions, and even in the National Geographic program, that when Clinton retaliated for the USS Cole the focus went immedietely to the action only being used as a tool to cover up the Lewinsky scandal. When the focus should have been what else do we need to do in order to squash the problem now.

Bottom line; you can't blame a single administration for 9/11, it is a cumulative effect of years and years of soft stances on terrorism and supporting, financially and otherwise, countries and governments that were always a threat. Goes all the way back to Carter when the hostages where taken by Iran. Through the Reagan adminstration who DIRECTLY supplied and trained bin Laden and his people during the Russia-Afghan war. To Bush Sr. and his dealings with the Saudis during the first gulf war, allowing the royal family of Saudi Arabia to dictate what out military could and could not do. Basically giving terrorists the feeling that the US might hit back but we won't knock them out, this by not finishing Saddam in the first place. With Clinton the retaliation for the Cole should have been more severe, regardless of what the Republican leaders and media were saying about it only being used to divert attention from the scandal. And now during Dubya's terms I think his biggest issue was his refusal to listen to holdovers from the Clinton administration, from the CIA, and the White House counter-terrorism people. It has been shown that every department was highly concerned about bin Laden and Al Quada but for several reasons, (mostly the confusion of a new people getting settled in from the Presidency change I hope) the Bush administration did not seem to take the threat seriously enough.

Overall trying to point fingers at one President/administration is ridiculous and counter productive.

jidar1
08-23-2005, 09:14 AM
war is politics.

alpha_omega
08-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Flipped back and forth between this and MNF.

Watching football = watched with a smile

9/11 Documentary = watched with anger

petegz28
08-23-2005, 09:28 AM
war is politics.

Really? I would think the English during WWII would of considered War a means to survival.

BigRedChief
08-23-2005, 09:31 AM
This is not the place for these valid points and counterpoints. STFU

ChiTown
08-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Really? I would think the English during WWII would of considered War a means to survival.

War doesn't summarily = politics. Absolutely not. However, it is part and parcel with politics for sure.

yoswif
08-23-2005, 12:40 PM
I found it pretty scary that some national security experts think it'll take another 9/11 with a lot more casualties before Americans take the threat of Islamic terrorism seriously.

I'd like to see National Geographic do 40 hours instead of 4. The first WTC attack, OK. City, TWA flight 800, and the second WTC attack all have connections to Al Qaeda. Work from the assumption that Al Qaeda was involved in all these incidents and look at all the evidence accordingly.

Richard Clarke knew that Terry Nichols was in the Philipines the same time as Al Qaeda bomb building expert Ramsi Yousef. Clarke knew that before Nichols went to the Philipines, his bombs didn't work and after Nichols got back they worked perfectly.

9/11 Commission senior counsel Dietrich Snell knew a bomb made by Al Qaeda terrorists was planted in row 26 of a Philipine Airlines flight and nearly took the Boeing 747 down by blowing up a fuel tank under rows 17 to 25. Explosive residue was found between rows 17-25 of flight TWA 800 but was dismissed by the FBI as the result of using the plane to train sniffer dogs. Officers who did the dog training said they didn't put anything in the passenger areas. I worked four year as an avionics tech on very sophisticated Air Force aircraft. With all the sensing devices on a modern aircraft, a catastrophic event without a single blip from any sensing device isn't possible. Boeing still hasn't been able to replicate the event so they can't fix the problem the government says caused the crash of TWA800.

I'd rather have National Geographic investigate Al Qaeda connections between WTC1, OKC, TWA800, and 9/11 than Washington insiders like those on the 9/11 commission. Hopefully, when the whole truth about Islamic terrorism comes out, the American people will make sure the Rupublican and Democrat parties are condemned to eternal damnation.

DenverChief
08-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Man that was hard to watch.....makes me very angry.....

ChiTown
08-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Man that was hard to watch.....makes me very angry.....

Can the DVD's be purchased for this documentary? I don't have the NG Channel, so I couldn't watch.

DenverChief
08-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Can the DVD's be purchased for this documentary? I don't have the NG Channel, so I couldn't watch.

call 866-280-3460