PDA

View Full Version : Jack Harry show talked stadiums yesterday.

Ninjaman
08-23-2005, 11:37 AM
He said that the Chiefs could use the NFL FUNDS for stadiums but that 'local bondsmen' don't want that. The NE Patriots and alot of other use NFL Funds for new stadiums.Sounds like a scam. Hope some media people clear this up.

I think the next proposal will go down too.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Jack Harry said that? Shocking.

Poster Nutbag
08-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Do people actually watch that angry old sack of crap?

I can get more relevant info on sports by polling the llamas at the zoo.

tomahawk kid
08-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Actually, word out of Jackson County is the stadium proposal on the November ballot will probably pass.

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Harry and Keitzman spend about 30 minutes EVERY DAY telling their listeners how the Chiefs are the only team in the league asking for taxpayers to foot the bill.

Who listens to these morons?

Dick Bull
08-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Harry and Keitzman spend about 30 minutes EVERY DAY telling their listeners how the Chiefs are the only team in the league asking for taxpayers to foot the bill.

If you hear it for 30 minutes every day I would say that you listen to it.

:)

beavis
08-23-2005, 12:25 PM

It's hard to believe, but apparently some people do.

I never watch Harry, but KK has gone completely off the deep end. He's made it so obvious that he has an axe to grind with the Chiefs, that his credibility is completely shot. It's kind of sad, I used to enjoy his show back when it was on 1510. Now it seems like he wants to be a Jim Rome type - asinine garbage with no substance. I think his preparation for his show probably includes glancing over the sports page in the Star everyday.

I think it's pretty damn funny how much Petro makes him look like an amateur.

Ninjaman
08-23-2005, 12:26 PM

Maybe they are right ? The local bondmen maybe ripping us off.

We do need those NFL funds.

KCTitus
08-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Maybe they are right ? The local bondmen maybe ripping us off.

We do need those NFL funds.

What are NFL Funds? Anyone have any kind of information on this? Just like KK was on the NFL Drug Ring, I think Harry's onto somethinng here.

dirk digler
08-23-2005, 12:31 PM
I think the Patriots IIRC are the only team NOT to use the NFL Loan program. Kraft bought and paid for the stadium all by himself.

dirk digler
08-23-2005, 12:41 PM
What are NFL Funds? Anyone have any kind of information on this? Just like KK was on the NFL Drug Ring, I think Harry's onto somethinng here.

http://traveltax.msu.edu/news/Stories/notp12.htm

The NFL approved a loan program in 1999 that would support its franchises in stadium construction. Under the G-3 loan program, the NFL contributes 34 percent to 50 percent of the private contribution from team owners.

In effect, it's almost a free loan because clubs use the visiting team's share of club-seat premiums to pay back the money.

dirk digler
08-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Oops... I was wrong about the Pats.

The NFL created its G-3 loan program in the 1990s to encourage teams to stay in large metropolitan areas, according to Pat Rishe, an economics professor at Webster University in St. Louis. "The amount the NFL contributes can be as much as 50 percent of what the team invests in the stadium, with the maximum league contribution at $150 million," Rishe says.

The New England Patriots took out the maximum loan when the franchise built a new stadium in outer Boston. Spurning an offer from Hartford, Connecticut, to build a stadium there, Patriots owner Robert Kraft put a $150 million league loan toward the construction of Gillette Stadium. At $350 million, it was the most expensive privately funded stadium ever built in the country.

Though the league calls them loans, G-3s are really grants -- they're repaid not by the team that builds the new stadium but out of money from the visitors' share of game-day receipts. Visiting teams forgo a portion of their cut -- 34 percent of club-seat revenue -- with the understanding that once a stadium is built or renovated, they stand to gain from increased ticket and concession prices throughout the facility.

Rishe says 75 percent of league owners must approve any such deal. About half a dozen NFL teams -- including the Green Bay Packers and the Denver Broncos -- have taken advantage of the G-3 program.

A G-3 loan is "something that will have to be explored," Tom Steadman says, sounding like a man who does not wish to reveal the extent of his holdings. "We know about it. We know generally how it works. We have not made any kind of application. There is no guarantee that that's available."

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 12:44 PM
If you hear it for 30 minutes every day I would say that you listen to it.

It's often the only thing that will come in on the AM side...it's either that, or listening to the local guy here talk about the Sucklones and Meecheegan. If I'm lucky, 610 comes in. If I'm not lucky I listen to 810 until they start in on golf or the downtown stadium. Then I pop in a CD and wait for about 30 minutes until they're done.

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Gillette Stadium is the only one in the last 15 years not funded AT ALL by taxpayers. It was 100% financed by Robert Kraft.

dirk digler
08-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Gillette Stadium is the only one in the last 15 years not funded AT ALL by taxpayers. It was 100% financed by Robert Kraft.

Sort of. $150 million came from the NFL. But you are correct it was not funded at all by taxpayers.

tk13
08-23-2005, 01:11 PM
I long for the day when we don't have a "Jack Harry said" thread on the front page. This junk is garbage.

Yes, we could get a loan. No, it would not be enough to fund a new stadium. The loans are completely based on market size. We would not get $150 million like the Pats did. The Colts are the latest team to get a loan and I believe it was in the 30-40 million dollar range. I imagine we wouldn't get too much more than that. For us to get a loan, we need to have a much bigger renovation or stadium project actually pass. The NFL owners aren't going to vote to give Lamar that much money "just because".

jidar1
08-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Jack Harry is a god damned idiot, and you can take that to the bank.

Mr. Laz
08-23-2005, 01:52 PM

the same ones that listen to soren petro i suppose

Halfcan
08-23-2005, 01:59 PM
I actually like Jack Harry-yes he is a bit out of touch sometimes-but he is the only sportscaster that will call BS on the Chiefs and the ridicules sum of 312 mil thrown out there-with no substantial plans to back it up. And also call BS on the sad sack Royals for jumping on the bandwagon wanting over 200 mil for a perfectly awesome stadium.

Peterson made verbal commitments to local colleges and at the same time worked the back door to get improvements in RF-then publicly slammed Mo. I think it is funny all the opinions of what the Jackson Co. tax payers will do from people that do not live here.

Peterson is now using Kansas and the threat of moving to try and force a bad deal on the taxpayers that have been paying all along. I don't trust anything King Carl says and trust the Glass family even less. Until an Independent auditor not affliated with either team, comes up with not only a legitimate plan and budget. This Jackson Co. tax payer will not be voting yes on anything.

Speaking of auditors-not two years ago Arrowhead was deemed "State of the Art" Now the Chiefs act like it is caving in.

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 02:02 PM
the same ones that listen to soren petro i suppose

That might be funny if it wasn't so utterly dumb. Petro and KK/Harry are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

In fact, listening to Petro and KK fight the other night on the radio was quite entertaining...

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 02:02 PM
I actually like Jack Harry-yes he is a bit out of touch sometimes-but he is the only sportscaster that will call BS on the Chiefs and the ridicules sum of 312 mil thrown out there-with no substantial plans to back it up. And also call BS on the sad sack Royals for jumping on the bandwagon wanting over 200 mil for a perfectly awesome stadium.

Peterson made verbal commitments to local colleges and at the same time worked the back door to get improvements in RF-then publicly slammed Mo. I think it is funny all the opinions of what the Jackson Co. tax payers will do from people that do not live here.

Peterson is now using Kansas and the threat of moving to try and force a bad deal on the taxpayers that have been paying all along. I don't trust anything King Carl says and trust the Glass family even less. Until an Independent auditor not affliated with either team, comes up with not only a legitimate plan and budget. This Jackson Co. tax payer will not be voting yes on anything.

Speaking of auditors-not two years ago Arrowhead was deemed "State of the Art" Now the Chiefs act like it is caving in.

Of course you like Jack Harry, you're a moron.

way2kalm
08-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Of course you like Jack Harry, you're a moron.

Go easy on the brand new newbie.

jiveturkey
08-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Peterson is now using Kansas and the threat of moving to try and force a bad deal on the taxpayers that have been paying all along. I don't trust anything King Carl says and trust the Glass family even less. Until an Independent auditor not affliated with either team, comes up with not only a legitimate plan and budget. This Jackson Co. tax payer will not be voting yes on anything.Jackson Co. tax payers voted yes last Nov but the rest of the metro said no.

Halfcan
08-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Out of the options on local tv yes I like him the best. 38 the spot has a pretty good team-and bring in some good interviews. I like Len Dawson the best-but on channel 9 you get zero real coverage or breaking stories. They had the other side of the stadium debate on last week-and told the facts of the case-not just what Carl says are the facts.
I guess anyone that disagrees with you hits is a moron. I notice on a lot of threads you give no facts just state one sided opinions and then resort to name calling if somone doesn't fall in line. Who's the Moron?

tk13
08-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Out of the options on local tv yes I like him the best. 38 the spot has a pretty good team-and bring in some good interviews. I like Len Dawson the best-but on channel 9 you get zero real coverage or breaking stories. They had the other side of the stadium debate on last week-and told the facts of the case-not just what Carl says are the facts.
I guess anyone that disagrees with you hits is a moron. I notice on a lot of threads you give no facts just state one sided opinions and then resort to name calling if somone doesn't fall in line. Who's the Moron?
To be fair... Len's obviously going to defend the Chiefs, but Jack Harry is just the biased opinion on the opposite end of the spectrum. He'll make up stuff just to make the Chiefs look bad, just like this thread. Difference is, you bought, hook line and sinker....

Mr. Laz
08-23-2005, 02:21 PM
That might be funny if it wasn't so utterly dumb. Petro and KK/Harry are at opposite ends of the spectrum

only cause you agree with that asshat petro

tomahawk kid
08-23-2005, 02:22 PM

You REALLY need to take Jack Harry's commentary w/ a grain of salt.

He's now in the "know" with the Chiefs and will often exagerate to strengthen his own position.

Example: His "Chiefs Insider" is the guy from Warpaint Illustrated who has HUGE credibility issues.

tomahawk kid
08-23-2005, 02:23 PM
That might be funny if it wasn't so utterly dumb. Petro and KK/Harry are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

In fact, listening to Petro and KK fight the other night on the radio was quite entertaining...

Petro was taking KK behind the perverbial woodshed. It was funny when KK cut off Petro's mike as he knew he was losing the arguement.

What a child......

Halfcan
08-23-2005, 02:29 PM
I never said I loved the guy nor will I sit here and defend all his f-uped opinions-sometimes he is a white whitlock. My point was at least he brought in state legislators when Carl was slamming Mo. up in RF to get their side of it. And I was referring to the recent vote that got Carl so pissed off when it didn't pass, not the Bi-state which I think barely passed here but lost badly in Kansas.

Chief Henry
08-23-2005, 02:31 PM
I think it's pretty damn funny how much Petro makes him look like an amateur.

You got that right beavis. I've listen to Soren Petro off and on and he sounds much more knowledgable and prepared. However, a day or two ago KK was talking about how he wished the owners of MLB would let the players walk out and let a season go buy like the NHL. KK said
something to the effect that MLB should have a 100 million cap much like the NBA and the NFL. I do agree with KK on that.

rep heading your way

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 03:11 PM

No, plenty of people disagree with me. In fact, everybody here has disagreed with me at one time or another.

I use the term moron where it applies. Like with YOU. A great many people here agree with me.

Halfcan
08-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Hits do you live in Jackson Co.??

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 03:16 PM
only cause you agree with that asshat petro

That fact that you think the one guy who actually takes the time to research his topics is an "asshat" says alot...

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Hits do you live in Jackson Co.??

Nope. I'm sure you're going to tell me now that I can't have an opinion on the subject because I'm not a Jackson Co. resident, right?

Halfcan
08-23-2005, 03:33 PM
No, you are entitled to your opinion, but so am I.
I have lived here my whole life. In the last few years our jackass governor made some terrible decsions that effected all of Mo. Several close friends that are teachers got laid off. Education Programs for my kids in school were cancled. So for King Carl to come out and demand 312 mil-without a plan or budget-with the threat of leaving Jackson Co. is a bunch of shit. I don't want the Chiefs to leave but will not vote for anything that is going to hurt our community or schools in Mo. Most sports articles have put the responsibility soley on Mo. But where is the Chiefs responsibilty to open their books and show what they are willing to do. They don't want to do that because they have gotten huge tax breaks for decades. If you think I am a Moron for wanting to know both sides to make a fair and educated decision that effects my kids, than like I said you have a right to your opinion.

Chiefsrocker
08-23-2005, 04:20 PM
I dont have sure fire proof, but I hear thru the grapevine here that the Chiefs reps were in Topeka two weeks ago talking stadium issues at the Capitol. And then I heard that the owner of the Kansas Raceway offered the Chiefs a playing field on the infield of the raceway! Nascar and NFL in bed together?? NASCAR would love that! Anyway, a new stdium in Kansas for the Chiefs next to the Raceway wouldnt be too bad! Closer for me anyway! lol