PDA

View Full Version : Nun reprimanded for wild dancing

KCChiefsFan88
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
And this took place at the Catholic World Youth Day... yikes

Nun Reprimanded for Wild Dancing
'I Get Carried Away by the Enthusiasm of the Group'
Reuters

BRUSSELS (Aug. 23) - A Belgian nun's acrobatic and indecorous dancing with a missionary during the Catholic World Youth Day in Germany over the weekend earned her a reprimand from her mother superior, a Belgian paper said Tuesday.

Daily Het Laatste Nieuws showed pictures of a dancing Johanne Vertommen being held up in the air by the missionary, and then clinging to him with her legs wrapped around his body.

''I wouldn't do this at home but at such occasions I get carried away by the enthusiasm of the group,'' the 29-year-old told the paper later.

''My mother superior raised the issue today: she thinks I should watch out a bit and bear in mind that I represent our community,'' Vertommen said.

Pope Benedict attended the celebration at the Marienfeld, outside Cologne, in the presence of some 700,000 people.

tomahawk kid
08-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Obligatory "thread worthless without pics" post.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Are you certain about that?

http://today.reuters.co.uk/genImage.aspx?uri=2005-08-23T180602Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKOE-UK-NUN.jpg&resize=full

J Diddy
08-23-2005, 01:20 PM
That's cool I wonder if she's hot?

tyton75
08-23-2005, 01:20 PM
yikes... my eyes!!!

Nzoner
08-23-2005, 01:25 PM
That reminded me of my DJ days,I was doing a gig for one of the local Catholic churches and the priest and a couple of the female members got drunker than monkeys and were in the middle of the gym floor having a good ol time trying to dance.The priest even fell down a couple of times,I remember reading he got let go a few years later for conduct unbecoming.