PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Chiefs "FANS"

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 10:43 AM
Here is a list of the top 10 Chief "FANS" that picked AGAINST the Chiefs in the week 1 NFL Pick competition. For those of you that are wondering, I will be doing this list every week of the season.

1) AustinChief "Kyle"
2) KPhobia "Moderator"
3) alanm
4) kcred
5) AZChief
6) G Man
7) Best-in-West
8) KCWolfman "Moderator"
9) chiefsfan58
10) KC-CHIEFS-FAN-TX<BR>

Clint in Wichita
09-07-2000, 10:45 AM
You would have to be either a dunce or the ultimate blind homer to pick your team to win every week...especially when your team is playing the Colts.

SURELY you weren't dumb enough to pick the Broncos over the Rams, right? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 10:49 AM
Hell yes I picked the Broncos! And I was nearly right!

If being a NFL fan means being objective, sensible, and logical, why in the hell are you a KC FAN?

Red Till Dead
09-07-2000, 10:50 AM
Would rather give up one point each week and root for a chiefs win. I will be taking the chiefs again this week.

Would give me no solace when the chiefs lose to think "hey but I picked up a point in the pick em game" If the chiefs go down then so will I.

Will never pick against the chiefs. Unless there was money on the line, and then would not bet the game. Although lost a bundle on the Bears game last year! Ouch

Baby Lee
09-07-2000, 10:52 AM
Amen!! Red Till Dead

morphius
09-07-2000, 10:54 AM
Red Till Dead - I have bad luck so I choose them to lose every week in hopes that I will lose a point, of course I might have to switch this philosphy if they lose again this week.

Red Till Dead
09-07-2000, 11:01 AM
morphius,

Hopefully the old adage is true with football as said in cards "unlucky at cards, but lucky in love"

When it comes to women, know I need all the help I can get!

kcred
09-07-2000, 11:02 AM
Maybe you should retitle your topic to 10 realistic Chiefs fans. And what should it matter to you anyway, Bronc fan. And if I have your attention, who are you going to use at RB, after TD gets put out for the season.

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 11:03 AM
As much as I hate the Chiefs! I have to respect fans that will live or die with their team. Pathetic to say so, but my winter weekends have always, and will always depend on the Broncos!

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 11:05 AM
kcred,

I guess I could change the title to top 10 Colts fans! What do you think?

Phobia
09-07-2000, 11:08 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

KC Jones
09-07-2000, 11:09 AM
You go BOY!!!

I could never forgive myself if the Chiefs won a major upset and I had picked them to lose. Call me homer, call me unrealistic, but you better call me faithful. If you think you have to pick against the Chiefs to win pick'em, I already proved that wrong last year.

Go CHIEFS!!!

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 11:13 AM
KC Jones,

you are the type of Chiefs fan I came here to argue with. You hit the nail on the head. Nothing about being a real football fan makes much sense. And making your weekly predictions is no exception!

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-07-2000).]

Phobia
09-07-2000, 11:16 AM
Do you play fantasy football, Broncofan?

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 11:22 AM
Hell yes I play fantasy football, but I make sure that it would in no way conflict with the Broncos schedule. I won't start players that play against the broncos. I won't pick key players that are in the same division as the broncos. And I do my best to get as many broncos as I can on my team. Paid off last week with Griese being my starting quarterback, but having Terrell as my starting running back didn't help my score.

Mosbonian
09-07-2000, 11:34 AM
BroncoFan:

Contrary to what Clint inferred in his post#1, I picked the Chiefs but I am neither a "dunce" nor a "blind homer".

I took the Chiefs based on the following:

1)Home field advantage-In most cases that is good for at least 3 points, if not more.

2)History- The history shows that this stadium and team demolish even the best QB when they come in highly touted.

3)DT's memorial- This one I wavered on! It could have gone either way. My hope was that either Clemons or Edwards would get to the QB for a big sack in the Colts first series(ala DT) and set the tone. It didn't happen, so that worked against me.

Several other smaller things made me pick KC, being a homer is one of them, but the above were my reasons. The problem in my equation was that I forgot the following:

Arrowhead+History+DT's Memorial= Win

turned into

Arrowhead+History+DT's Memorial+Jimmy Raye+Kurt Schottenheimer+Mike Stock=Pathetic game plan and Chief's loss.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 11:41 AM
Mark makes pretty good sense!

Phobia
09-07-2000, 11:42 AM
So if you had Marshal Faulk you would have benched him last week? Are you starting TD this week? Do you have Denver's D? If not are they available on waivers?

Obviously, you are more of a homer than me. I still think the Chiefs will contend for a playoff spot this year but they will lose at least 6 games. I'll pick the games that I believe they will lose. It doesn't mean that you are any more or less of a fan than myself or anyone else. I drink from Chiefs mugs, am warmed by a Chiefs blanket nightly, drink my liquor from a Chiefs shotglass, fly a Chiefs windsock outside my home, adhede a 1' Arrowhead magnet to the door of my home, dangle my keys from a Chiefs magnet, wear Chiefs polo shirts & ties to work, have a KC wallpaper on my computers, wear Chiefs gear 3-4 times a week, have an Arrowhead logo on my car, fly Chiefs flags from my car on gameday, play golf with Chiefs logo balls, have no less than 20 Chiefs pictures, helmets, footballs, & signs in my office as I type, I carry the schedule in my wallet and have it posted near every computer, I have every Chiefs website I'm aware of bookmarked, spend a chunk of money every year to attend at least one Chiefs game, and last but not least, brush my teeth with a Chiefs toothbrush.

I think what you are doing here is questioning our fandom. I don't have to prove myself to you (but I just did). I don't appreciate the inference that we're not good Chiefs fans. I'm every bit the Chiefs fan anyone else on this board is and I'll continue to be for the remainder of my life.... 'nuff said.

[This message has been edited by KPhobia (edited 09-07-2000).]

Mosbonian
09-07-2000, 11:43 AM
Thanks AustinChief...

Here's another one for you...

What does 82,000 + 3 equal?

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

Clint in Wichita
09-07-2000, 11:47 AM
If "good fans" are supposed to ALWAYS believe that their team is going to win, then let's not bother with the prediction topics anymore. Let's just all assume the Chiefs will finish the season at 15-1.

------------------

TEX
09-07-2000, 11:48 AM
Cool! I have FINALLY made someone's Top 10 list! I'm a fan but I DON'T wear "homer" glasses. I'll also pick my Chiefs to lose to the Titans this week.

BTW, I picked the Donx to lose to the Rams. I was right. I'll pick them to beat the Falcons this week - hope I'm WRONG! *grin*

CASHMAN
09-07-2000, 11:49 AM
BRONCOFAN- were you that bored that you went through all the picks to pick these people outtttt???????? if so geta LIFE.

CASHMAN.

------------------
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 11:57 AM
KC-CHIEFS-FAN-TX,

Why would you do that? Chiefs have a very good chance of pulling this game out. I don't think that the Titans are such a great team this year. The looked pretty shabby in that game against buffalo. They have poor O and decent D. If Chiefs can pull 14 points out of a hat, you might win this one... and you always seem to get a defensive touchdown(which makes me sick). Which leave 7 points that Grbac needs to come up with. VERY POSSIBLE. If the 6-10 broncos were beating the Championship Rams at their home with 4 minutes left in the game, Chiefs can win this game. HAVE SOME FAITH, IT WILL MAKE ME SICK IF I HAVE TO COME TO THIS BOARD AND WATCH CHIEF FANS PICKING THE BRONCOS TO WIN WHEN THE CHIEFS PLAY DENVER!

Clint in Wichita
09-07-2000, 12:00 PM
We're supposed to "not be fooled" by the Titans' Super Bowl appearance last year even though Bronco fans think their team is still great after their last appearance 2 SEASONS ago?

------------------

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 12:03 PM
Clint,

We are not great becuase of our appearance 2 years ago. Our record last year proved that. We are great now becuase of the way we have been playing THIS SEASON. That is the same reason why I think the Chiefs suck! The way they are playing THIS SEASON!

Red Till Dead
09-07-2000, 12:03 PM
Sporting News in their match up section picked the chiefs to win this week. If you would have followed their selections last week (which I obviously didn't) you would have gone 13/2. By the way they picked Indy last week.

By the way Bronco fan, they are picking Atlanta this week. Packfan they are picking Buffalo.

If I can find just one outside source that says my chiefs can win, its good enough for me!

j molina
09-07-2000, 12:07 PM
BroncoFan,

I know JUST the place where you can talk 'Horse' football with all your Denver friends.
www.denverpost.com/broncos/broncos.htm (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/broncos.htm)

Cheers,

JM

One Arrowhead Dave
09-07-2000, 12:09 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/broncos.htm

TEX
09-07-2000, 12:15 PM
BF,
because someone has to pay for the Titans first loss. The Chiefs have a way of fixing whatever is wrong with the other team. I also think that Chiefs play poorly on the road especially against good teams. McNair will eat them up scrambling. BTW, Even if I DON'T think the Donx will beat the Chiefs I'll pick them to do so just to make you sick
*grin*

Phobia
09-07-2000, 12:22 PM
Broncofan,
I spent a few minutes composing #17 to you. I was kinda expecting a response since I asked several questions of you. I'd hate to think I'm the only one reading my stuff out here because I spend WAY too much time on this board.

BTW, I'll NEVER pick anybody in the AFCWest to beat the Chiefs because they ALWAYS have a shot of winning those games.

Kckrazy
09-07-2000, 12:25 PM
did you have to sign up before the start of the year to pick, I was not on the board by then but would like to play. Every time I try to get on to pick it say I have to register, can someone help understand the prob..

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 12:57 PM
Kckrazy,

You can go make your week 2 picks without having picked in week 1. Just use the same username and password that you use on the bulletin board to log In. You just won't get any point for week 1. Also, AustinChief has told everyone that If they had made picks on another site for week 1, that he would transfer those results to this site, not a bad deal!

Kckrazy
09-07-2000, 01:06 PM
Thanks bronco fan (I hate saying that)
I didn't pick at any other site but did get 10 of 16 in the office pool(good for 6th place)

I tried to make my picks but it said invaled username and I put down kckrazy, I fig it out.

AZChief
09-07-2000, 01:07 PM
Number 5? How am I number 5!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif Hey, when I make my picks I predict what I think will happen not what I HOPE will happen. Did any of you see this team in the preseason? I did. Did any of you see the last two games against Seattle and Oakland? I did.

Heck, I expect to be on this list at least six more times. Starting now Tennessee 24 KC 7.

AZ

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 01:22 PM
Kckrazy,

You might already know this, but the login is case sensitive. Make sure that the first K is capitolized.

BIG_DADDY
09-07-2000, 01:26 PM
I bet with my head and not my heart. I did not bet against the chiefs however the ones that did walked away a bit richer 4 it. I have a hard time betting against my team but I don't have any problem with those that do, after all, it IS the team u know best. I HAVE bet against my team before though and can assure u that no matter how much I bet, I always was rooting for, and was happier when the MY CHIEFS WON. So go ahead and post your silly post. Better yet, why don't post your picks 4 the week so we can see just how much u really know.??????????????????????? EXACTLY - another smack talkin donx fan. all mouth and no mustard.

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 01:30 PM
I'm betting that you will be able to guess at least one of my picks! I don't pick against the broncos just like you won't pick against the chiefs.

kcred
09-07-2000, 03:37 PM
BF - Just to show you my heart is in the right place, I picked Tennessee. But for you, I also picked Atlanta. Go FALCONS.

G_Man
09-07-2000, 04:14 PM
What a stupid post. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to bet stupidly. If my brother was going fight Mike Tyson I'd root for him but I sure as hell wouldn't bet on him.

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 04:53 PM
Did I miss something, is there money on the line here? No, I didn't think so. NFL picks is NOT a betting system. Did I lose money, or anything else for that matter, by choosing the Broncos to beat the Rams? No! And I was wrong! But I also did not miss the chance to predict my team would win against terrible odds, nor did I miss the chance to be that most satisfied Man on the planet had the Broncos won! And it sure as **** didn't put me into a position to say "I TOLD YOU THEY WOULDN'T WIN" after they lost!

The point of this thread is to demonstrate that these are KC fans that wan't to have their cake and eat it to! They take their allegance to a certain point, and then when it is convenient to do so, choose the opposing team to win the game! This to me is disservice to both the fan as well as the team. The great part of it is that it will bite these guys in the *** ! They will never truly experience the highs if they have found a way to seperate themselves from the lows. Choosing the opposing team to win, while cheering for the Chiefs to win, when there is nothing on the line except a point in the NLF pick contest, is a perfect way to feel satisfied about a win or a loss. I feel bad for this bunch!

hawaiianboy
09-07-2000, 05:05 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Donk fan on this one...
I will pick the RAIDERS whether they are playing Indy, the Rams or the girls of St. Mary's... I always think they are going to win and Vegas has enough of my money to prove it.....

...joining in on yanking a few Chief chains...

------------------

Momma said knock you out!!

[This message has been edited by hawaiianboy (edited 09-07-2000).]

One Arrowhead Dave
09-07-2000, 05:11 PM
There is nothing wrong with being honest.
It would be foolish to assume that the Colts were going to lose in week 1. They are a more complete team than KC at this point.
My picking the CHIEFS to lose week 1 in no way changes or diminishes my status as a true CHIEFS fan.

- a little tip Donko fan....don't bet w/ your heart.

BIG_DADDY
09-07-2000, 05:51 PM
OK Bronco Boy, let me go a little s-l-o-w-e-r so u can understand. Nobody is betting on this picks post - no sh*t sherlock. The entire point of having the post is to simulate REAL betting and have the best record at the end of the season. There R also a great number of people on that thread who really r betting their picks every week. If you R using your heart to bet u should never gamble. A thread like that also provides top performers with other KNOWLEDGABLE fellows 2 bounce things off of before they risk their hard earned dollars. All of which cannot be done by a bunch of emotional yackos. What is amazing is that u would even try and justify such a ridiculous thread. You also stated that it takes the emotional highs and lows out of rooting 4 your team. This is also ridiculous. I went 3-3 last weekend and won a parlay 2 have a huge weekend. I was still VERY bummed to have seen my beloved chiefs come up short. I guess u would have 2 walk a mile in another mans shoes 2 understand. In a n-u-t s-h-e-l-l 4U the thread is 4 gamblers, not yahoos.

G_Man
09-07-2000, 06:11 PM
jq - I'm guessing you don't pick the Raiders in real bets then because you would have lost a hell of a lot of money this decade. It's all well and good to say you always bet on your team to win, but would you back that up with money? I doubt it.

G_Man
09-07-2000, 06:13 PM
To add (for Broncofan and jq), if you don't bet on your team to win every week in REAL bets, then you're both hypocrites. If you REALLY thought your team would win every week you'd bet accordingly. If not, you're just pretending to THINK your team is going to win every week.

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 06:14 PM
G Man,

You won't back your own team - even without money!

G_Man
09-07-2000, 06:15 PM
Broncofan - You won't back your team with money. Just when it doesn't matter. You don't have the sack to back up your own words.

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 06:19 PM
Huh? Try to write it out first next time, and put your crack pipe down.

G_Man
09-07-2000, 06:22 PM
What you say isn't what you actually do. Obviously you have your doubts about your team winning or else you would bet money on your team. You don't because deep down you know they won't. The difference between you and me is, I don't hide behind a facade and I tell it like it is. You pretend to be a better fan than I am because you pick your team to win in a worthless picks game.

G_Man
09-07-2000, 06:25 PM
If I can make it a little clearer for you (you are a Broncos fan after all), it's all fine and dandy to pick your team when it's worthless picks. But involve something of worth and suddenly you're not the fan you claim to be.

hawaiianboy
09-07-2000, 06:37 PM
Da G_man....

Dude... my reference was to a thread like this... yes.. I will back my team every week..

And yes I have lost real loot on the RAIDERS... but for the most part, I limit my real money bets to sure things (a select few games per week) and not games involving the RAIDERS... and by law I never have or never will place a bet against the Raiders...

But for a fun pick all like this, yes the Raiders are my play every week... I always think they will win... what can I say?

------------------

[i] Momma said knock you out!!</I>

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 06:38 PM
I am not claiming that I am a better fan than you. I am saying that I am a fan, and that you are not! With all the games to bet on every week, why would anyone bet against their own team? To say that you bet against the Chiefs for bettings sake it the worst defense I have heard yet.

Now if you are betting on the week as a whole, how many you picked correctly vs how many someone else picked correctly, it means that you probably have bigger problems than your lack of complete enthusiasm for the chiefs. They have insitutions as well as less structured ways of helping people like you.

As for me, I do not watch football, cheer for the broncos, or make fun of the chiefs to PAY THE RENT, or because I am a obsessive gambler that HAS TO PLACE A BET. I watch football to watch the broncos play, win or lose! Call me old fashioned.

It has not occured to me to try and make money from my interest in the Broncos... maybe that is because I make money other places, but rather to enjoy the greatest spectator sport!

G_Man
09-07-2000, 06:39 PM
So if a Bengal fan bet on his team every week, would he be a great fan or a dumbass? I would say the latter.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 09-07-2000).]

Phobia
09-07-2000, 06:44 PM
I picked the Chiefs to cover the spread this week. Does that count for anything? Am I very nearly a fan?

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 06:49 PM
I know my last post was long, and that reading retention in a KC fan might be a luxury, so I will repeat myself.

I DON'T WATCH FOOTBALL TO BET!! If you (or the Bengal fan)do, I am sorry, you have missed to point of the excersise.

Being a football fan is not about making money from your teams demise or success. Although it does not exclude the latter. That said, putting money before your team means that you are a little beotch!!

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 06:50 PM
BroncoFan,

I am a true Chiefs fan because I ALWAYS want them to win...but I don't skew reality because of this desire. The NFL picks are not who I WANT to win but who I believe WILL win. Now, if you truly believe that the Broncos WILL win every game this year then either put up or shut up...I'll take that bet!!!

MY WANTING something doesn't make it happen...Peter Pan.

They have a name for people like that ... dellusional psychosis.

I'm fairly certain that Jim Jones has some cool-aid left over for ya....

--AustinChief

hawaiianboy
09-07-2000, 06:51 PM
Man... I regret getting involved in this thread....

Phob.... I got some real loot on the RAIDERS (+6.5) this week .... I usually never bet on the games for fear I will jinx them....

For the record, I'm not doubting anyones "fanhood"...
just trying to say the RAIDERS will be my pick every week in this pickall... wish I had either said it better or kept my mouth shut....

------------------

[i] Momma said knock you out!!</I>

G_Man
09-07-2000, 06:52 PM
BroncoFan - I have never put money against the Chiefs you little beotch.

G_Man
09-07-2000, 06:55 PM
jq - And what was your picks rank? Oh yeah, 36. And BroncoFan? 39. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

hawaiianboy
09-07-2000, 07:01 PM
Gman...

I would gladly go 1 and 15 if it meant the Raiders put the W in the standings... means more to me than winning a contest..

On another note I am 10/11 in Big Daddy's against the spread picks!

Gman... I'm not questioning your fanhood. If it came across that way.. my apologies....

(Note to self)
stay out of threads like this in the future.......

------------------

Momma said knock you out!!

[This message has been edited by hawaiianboy (edited 09-07-2000).]

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 07:06 PM
AustinChief,

Since the Broncos have not won every time I wanted them to for about 20 years now, I think you are right and I will abandon my theory

me wanting the Broncos to win DOES NOT make it happen!

Thanks Jim for the refreshments, but AustinChief has pointed out the obviouse flaw in my system, and I will stick with water in the future!

Here is the simple question, if you cannot believe that your team is capable of winning (using some logical thought process that comes to that conclusion), what is the point in the illogical pursuit of hoping after you already know that it logicaly cannot!

There is no place in football fandom for logic or objectivity, (unless, in G_Man's case, you have to get rent paid). Not at the beginging or the end. You all pledge alliegance to a point, but back down when a logical argument gives you a way out.

GROW BALLS, BE MEN, AND BECOME A FOOTBALL FAN!

G_Man
09-07-2000, 07:09 PM
I would gladly go 1-15 in the picks too, if it would give KC a win. But it doesn't. It has no affect on the game at all. The point of the picks is to choose winners correctly, not measure fandom. I didn't take offense from anything you said, but BroncoFan said I wasn't a fan. That's a bunch of bullsh!t.

BIG_DADDY
09-07-2000, 07:10 PM
Bronco Boy,
Now U can't be a fan and bet too, give me a break. I just wish your team was as weak as you. To answer your question, the reason you might bet on your team, one way or the other, is because you know them better than anyone else. I don't have to bet and only do on football and I can also guarantee you that you do not even make close to as much $$$$$$ as I do. Why don't you post another thread with self righteous, mindless, baseless babble. I'm out<P>

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 07:10 PM
G_Man
Post# 57

But you would when money is not on the line? You are in a ruff state aren't you? I think you just made my point for me!

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 07:12 PM
Big_Daddy,

Tell me that you bet on the chiefs to lose? I would love to hear it! The Chiefs need more fans like you!

G_Man
09-07-2000, 07:12 PM
BroncoFan - Listen up, Jackass. I DON'T bet money on the games. But I don't CLAIM to honestly believe my team is going to win every week. If you DO, why don't YOU have the balls to back it up?

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 07:15 PM
Are you confused? I CHOSE my team to WIN! Not LOSE!

One Arrowhead Dave
09-07-2000, 07:16 PM
...and you were wrong Donko.

G_Man
09-07-2000, 07:17 PM
BF - Are you confused? If you truly believe your team will win every week, why not back it up with some money? I don't claim to think the Chiefs will win every week, that's why I don't. Oh yeah, I forgot. You don't need the extra money.

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 07:18 PM
Best,

You contribution to this debate just made all the difference!

G_Man
09-07-2000, 07:18 PM
BF - Like I said before, IF we were betting money, your tune would change. Mine wouldn't.

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 07:20 PM
G-Man,

Agreed!

I don't think a fan always wanting their team to win and therefore never "betting" or picking against them is wrong at all... but there are some of us who have a different perspective...

I think it is very small-minded to state that we are not genuine "fans."
(Fan - An ardent devotee; an enthusiast. : as defined by dictionary.com)

--AustinChief

btw BroncoFan it would help your arguement out if you were willing to back it up....

puttanasudiccio
09-07-2000, 07:21 PM
What in the hell are you arguing about? Who the better fan is? Are you kidding me?

Let me get this straight... neither the Broncos or the Chiefs are ever going to win so you must prove who the better fan is. Is this some futile attempt to get some manor of victory this season.

If so... good luck to you all, and my you win the title of "Best Fan with the Worst Team."

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 07:23 PM
Not that I don't need money like everyone else, it is just that I have never equated my conviction in the Broncos as a way to generate income. On the other hand, if you are interested in cheering FOR THE CHIEFS, and making some money to pay the rent, Big_Daddy might be interested in betting against the chiefs! That guy is one of a kind, he is red from head to toe!

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 07:26 PM
Geez, you honest filthy moderators, how dare you speak your mind and be truthful.....

Of course with players like Rod, smackem, Smith, Beatem Chamberlain, and Bill TakeaPillski, it is no wonder Bronco fan doesn't want realism.

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 07:27 PM
puttanasudiccio,

Who is your team? And do you pick them to lose games?

G_Man
09-07-2000, 07:28 PM
BroncoFan - The picks are not a wish list. They are PREDICTIONS. Judging from your record, I'd say you didn't know this.

BroncoFan
09-07-2000, 07:30 PM
KCWolfman,

You can do better than make fun of names of the Bronco players? I mean, lets not beat around the bush, I am saying that you are a halfass fan because you picked the Colts to win, just so you could garner an extra point in the NFL Pick contest. Lets here that spicy intellect! Turn it loose!

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 07:31 PM
Geez, you honest filthy moderators, how dare you speak your mind and be truthful.....

Of course with players like Rod, smackem, Smith, Beatem Chamberlain, and Bill TakeaPillski, it is no wonder Bronco fan doesn't want realism.

Dog Day
There is a big difference between betting money on your team to win and betting against your team for one lousy point on a no monetary reward pick contest. SOME of you guys are more concerned with your stupid ranking than you are with being an "ardent devotee". It's a little bit different than blowing your paycheck on weekly bets. We're talking "fans" here not "zealots".<P>

AZChief
Pineapple, regarding your take "I reserve my betting my loot to sure things." Last weeks Chiefs game was about as sure as they come!! I think you probably agree. I don't bet against KC ever but all of my friends who called for my "expert" opinion won...

Meanwhile, I'm being called out on the mat for picking against KC by some "johnney come lately" donx fan...Well, he better get used to it because I plan on picking against KC at least another 7 to 9 times. He can doubt my loyalty all he wants. I'd be glad to send him my season ticket stubs from the '87-'88 seasons...a combined 8 wins.

AZ

[This message has been edited by AZChief (edited 09-07-2000).]

puttanasudiccio
09-07-2000, 07:32 PM
Who is my team?

My team: The Cowboys

So of course I pick them to lose all the time. What else can you expect from the Cowboys. Here's the deal though, although I don't think they will win every game (hell I wish they could win 1), I don't want to make money of their loses. What true fan would?

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 07:34 PM
bronco - I have no issue with this. Obviously you are bothered by the fact that I am realistic and you are blind.

Again, if you are truly that much a homer then you don't post on others boards and you wouldn't visit other cities to watch your team play, as you would generate interest and revenue for opposing teams.

If you want to call me a casual fan, that's okay. I am a casual fan for over a quarter of a century. When you get a little older you will understand.

G_Man
09-07-2000, 07:35 PM
So far, all those saying it's bad to bet against your team have offered the excuse that they're not going to lose money because it's just the BB picks. That's exactly the hypocrisy I'm talking about. Practice how you play.

Phobia
09-07-2000, 07:37 PM
Dog Day -

On your left is a Pick'em GAME. On your right is a Football GAME with your favorite team playing in it. Between each is 1000 miles. They are two distinct entities. That means one has nothing to do with the other. We can obviously make that distinction. You cannot.

Phobia
09-07-2000, 07:40 PM
I think I can sum this up another way. We are simply more competitive than you. If you have no desire to be at the top of the Pick'em leaderboard (which you must not), then pick your team to win all 16. I want to personally win more than I want the Chiefs to win. My existance does not depend upon my team's success. However, I do derive much pleasure from winning a contest that requires a degree of skill....

puttanasudiccio
09-07-2000, 07:44 PM
Let me ask this...

You place a bet against the Chiefs ($1000.00) because you honestly think their going to lose.

How do root during the game. For them to win because their your team? For them to lose so you can win the money?

Dog Day
09-07-2000, 07:47 PM
I think the distinction is clear. It's between who you are and what a fan is. If I had to bet money on a football game, I would be pretty logical about it. If I was making a decision based a "p*ssing content" I would rare back let it fly for MY team! You know I'm right, that's why your so defensive. Don't worry, I'm sure there's a few "real" KC fans out there. They are just few and far between on this site.

[This message has been edited by Dog Day (edited 09-07-2000).]

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 07:53 PM
Dog Day,

You and BroncoFan are amazing in your complete denial of both reality and the English Language... why is it that you get to decide the meaning of the word fan?

I am sorry but I live in the real world and have determined that communication is impossible between you and I.

--AustinChief

Dog Day
09-07-2000, 07:53 PM
I think KPhobia is finally catching on. You said it so succinctly. You would rather win a silly contest than root for your team. That's all anyone has accused you of. Now that you understand this, you can see that this is not the behavior of a "true fan".

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 07:54 PM
Dog Day - I am confused. How does making a realistic statement hurt my team? Please help me understand.

Or is this one of those "feelings mean more than anything else" things. Because, frankly, I think too masculine for that.

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 07:55 PM
Dog Day - What???

Surely you are not childish enough to believe that if I say my team probably won't win on Sunday that I am rooting against them?

Frazod
09-07-2000, 07:56 PM
Unless you're made of money, anyone who would bet that kind of money on a football game is nuts. Too many variables for me to contend with - I've never bet more than $20 on a football game, and I sure ain't betting $20 on these clowns the way they're playing right now. However, I'm in an office pool ($3 per entry, winner gets $30-$40). I picked Tennessee with my highest pick. Would I sacrifice winning the pot for a Chiefs victory? Absolutely. I'll still root for them and hope they win. I'm just being realistic - even if the Chiefs weren't playing like crap right now, Tennessee is at home and clearly the superior team.

However, I did drop several hundred dollars for tickets to next week's game. Even though they pretty much suck right now, I'll be there in red cheering. No return on this investment except the thrill of being at Arrowhead. I'd say that makes me a real fan.

Dog Day
09-07-2000, 07:57 PM
AC,

You defined it for us! Do you think you meet that criteria? ...Neither do I. It is my duty to point that out.

That's all!

Phobia
09-07-2000, 08:03 PM
Now you are putting words in my mouth, Dog Day. Let me say this s l o w l y.

I derive more enjoyment from personally winning a game than I do when 53 guys I've never met win a game. Does that mean I'm rooting AGAINST them? No! But that's how you quoted me....

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 08:04 PM
Duty???

Geez, between bronco and dog day we have two great Hall Monitors.

Dog Day
09-07-2000, 08:05 PM
KCWolfman,

Nobody is saying anything about what will hurt or help your team. We are only attempting to classify your devotion to the team. Obviously, it is lacking.

puttanasudiccio
09-07-2000, 08:05 PM
You're only losing $3, big deal. My point is that I wouldn't except a bet for big money (agianst my team) because I don't want to root agianst them. I get the feeling this is not the case for some of you. So in the terms of this silly argument I'm the bigger fan.

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 08:08 PM
Let me straighten them up Phob....

I have spent 150.00 a ticket to see a playoff game with Joe Montana at the helm.

I have spent over the cost of a ticket for the last 5 years for every home game (excluding this year).

I have thousands of dollars in memorabilia.

I have autographs from players after waiting hours in a hotel lobby.

I have spent summer vacations in River Falls.

THAT is how I declare my fandom.

While dog day and bronco vote for their teams in office pools.....

Gee, that's fantastic guys. I am sure the players of your respective teams will truly be impressed.

Luzap
09-07-2000, 08:12 PM
Let me make my contribution to this thread.

Anyone that would claim to be able to judge someone elses 'Fandom' is either A) not going to be applying for MENSA anytime soon, B) preoccupied with other things and has given this zero thought, or C) a rotten human being that gets their kicks out of trying to make others feel bad.

No one can look inside the head and heart of another to know how much they 'care' about a team, or how emotionally attached they might be. This is pretty fundimental, basic stuff, but sometimes we need to be reminded of the obvious things in life.

Luz
has bet on football...

Frazod
09-07-2000, 08:12 PM
My point is I'm not going to bet big money on anybody in a game beyond my control. If I want to gamble for real, I'll go to the casino and play black jack.

However, if I hit the lotto tomorrow or some rich relative drops dead and leaves me a truckload of cash, the win would mean more to me than losing the money. You can't put a pricetag on pride or the thrill of victory.

I can sure put a price tag on that nightmare loss to Denver in the playoffs a couple of years ago - I'd gladly have given every cent I had if it hadn't happened.

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 08:14 PM
Dog Day = AHhhhhh, now I understand

"your devotion to the team"

My Devotion is to my God, my country, and my family.

To have Devotion you MUST have two interested parties in helping each other attain a more perfect happiness.

To be devoted to a team is simply a mental disease.

------------------
Puttin' on my game face!

puttanasudiccio
09-07-2000, 08:14 PM
Well KC you win, You are indeed a "True Fan" Though now I'm begining to question your sanity. You do realize that it is only a game?

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 08:18 PM
Dog Day,

I'm now assuming that english is your second (or possibly third) language. I used the definition of fan that came from the dictionary.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>
Fan - An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now if you need some help..

ardent-Displaying or characterized by strong enthusiasm
devoteeOne who is ardently devoted to something
enthusiamGreat excitement for or interest in a subject or cause

...where am I falling short here.

--AustinChief <BR>

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 08:18 PM
puttan - (I hope shortening your name is not too offensive - It is just too darn long to type).

Yes, it is just a game, but the Chiefs are my favorite hobby and I get pleasure out of the investments I make toward my mental happiness. If I can afford (and sometimes if I can't) I do it.

puttanasudiccio
09-07-2000, 08:21 PM
KC,

Offended I am not, though if you were to write "Puttana" I believe I would be.

As far as the rest of your message...fair enough.

[This message has been edited by puttanasudiccio (edited 09-07-2000).]

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 08:27 PM
KC,

btw I disagree with your definition of devotion..but not what you are saying... more accurately is for TRUE, MEANINGFUL devotion <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR> you MUST have two interested parties in helping each other attain a more perfect happiness. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
...but devotion can also be a negative when offered out of ignorance.

--AustinChief (just clearing thing up for our linguistically impared friends http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gifD, BF)

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 08:29 PM
Kyle - Point made. I meant "Healthy Devotion" of course.<P>

sun
09-07-2000, 09:31 PM
not sure why you even care????.......i mean you being a donks fan and all......

as i see it.... chiefs 0-1.....donks 0-1<P>

Dog Day
09-07-2000, 09:32 PM
What I see you "devoted" to, AustinChief, is your weekly point in the pickem contest. It looks like your enthusiam is higher for that, than for a victory for your team. Yeah, I would say we are talking about the same "fan" as dictionary.com. Your definition seems to be:

fan - liking something...not as much as points in a silly contest...but almost.

Who's having problems understanding here? You can dance around with semantics all you want. You've shown with your actions what you think the word means.

[This message has been edited by Dog Day (edited 09-07-2000).]

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 09:44 PM
If the "point" cost the Chiefs a victory ... I would nevr wpick against them...

but I live in the real world where I make little to no difference to the Chiefs...

What about that do you not understand?

--AustinChief

Don't bother responding...I have found a brick wall here in the parking lot...I'll go talk to it now.

Phobia
09-07-2000, 09:52 PM
Methinks he's just jerking some chains, Kyle. Is that his MO?

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 09:54 PM
Actually jerking his own chain (he's gonna go blind if he keeps it up!) is his M.O.

In reality he isn't a bad guy just tragically misinformed about football...(he isn't a Chiefs Fan!!!)

--Kyle

Dog Day
09-07-2000, 09:55 PM
AustinChief,

You also make little or no difference for your arguement. How your pick affects the Chiefs is not the issue here. It's simply your devotion. You are obviously (#1 in the picks) more devoted to the pickem contest that you are to an outward display of devotion for the Chiefs. I'm O.K. with that...are you?

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 09:59 PM
So Kphobia,
It looks like we're the only two left on this thread right now. What do you think our next addition to the site should be...
keep in mind we'll be working primarily on getting news/commentary up next but after that...

a) photo section (USER POSTED)
b) rules of football trivia game
c) something else?

--Kyle<BR>

Phobia
09-07-2000, 10:07 PM
The BB photos was fun when Bob Dole did it and it was very popular.

Football rules trivia sounds like a lot of fun though. I'd tackle whichever one interests you the most, first. Afterall, it's you doing the labor, right?

I think both will be very popular!

sun
09-07-2000, 10:10 PM
hey austin......

just a suggestion.....how bout a java chat room??

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 10:16 PM
sun,

I've seen alot of java chat rooms get out of control...but if everybody wants one then we can add it fairly easily...I would prefer a java chat that had a purpose though... like getting someone in the Chiefs org. to chat once a week...ok ok I know I'm dreaming....

--AustinChief

sun
09-07-2000, 10:21 PM
lol......i hear ya

would like to be able to interact a little more......

you would have to moderate it though.....set the rules on name calling and stuff like that....but would probally be fun!!

Phobia
09-07-2000, 10:21 PM
How about a chat room just for gametime & draft?

stevieray
09-07-2000, 10:27 PM
Hey, Kyle, I've had this vision of aChiefs Planet logo fluttering around in my head...Want to hear it ?

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 10:28 PM
Gametime and during the draft would be perfect!

I'll see what it will take to get it done.

--Kyle

Any other suggestions?

sun
09-07-2000, 10:29 PM
probally would have less troble if you did it on non game days

Phobia
09-07-2000, 10:37 PM
Stevie Ray - throw it out there. I'm SURE he wants to hear it! I mentioned it to him when we first moved over here (that you had an idea).

stevieray
09-07-2000, 10:42 PM
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me..." http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

any way...Rotating continent in shape of The Arrowhead logo, with a streaking football orbiting around it..

[This message has been edited by stevieray (edited 09-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by KCWolfman (edited 09-07-2000).]

AustinChief
09-07-2000, 10:50 PM
That sounds awesome...if I put together some logo designs ... would you mind taking a look and giving me some advice?

--AustinChief

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 10:52 PM
Stevie - I didn't change your post, I merely added the second semicolon to get your 'rolleyes' right.

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 10:53 PM
BTW - I second the logo idea, kinda like the old Universal logo with the bi-plane going around the earth.

stevieray
09-07-2000, 10:54 PM
you betcha! I've only had it my head since I saw the name...Which I think ROCKS...Hmmmmm...a new bumber sticker?

Thanks, Russ! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

Universal? EXACTLY!!

[This message has been edited by stevieray (edited 09-07-2000).]

Joe Seahawk
09-07-2000, 10:55 PM
maybe a daily feature called the Daily Planet??

------------------
"life is good"

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 10:59 PM
Joe - And a weekly article surrounding fantastic plays of yesteryear entitled "Great Caeser's Ghosts"...

It's starting too sound a lot like a Seinfield episode around here.

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 11:04 PM
Bizzaro World topics on strange football stories.......

Phobia
09-07-2000, 11:04 PM
Kyle, I would recommend letting StevieRay design the thing if it's alright with you and if he wants to. Art is his forte & livlihood. We also have another graphic artist onboard although his name slips my mind at the moment.

Joe Seahawk
09-07-2000, 11:09 PM
Russ,
Speaking of strange football stories......

http://www.afana.com/news/new_98fall_5.html

KCWolfman
09-07-2000, 11:15 PM
Joe - Definitely a Bizzaro World story.

BroncoFan
09-08-2000, 08:54 AM
Sorry I missed all the fun last night, look like Dog Day was doing just fine without me.

Probably a good idea that you changed the subject, I realize that it is pretty embarrasing.