PDA

View Full Version : Gunther won't give credit where it is due, guaranteed...

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 01:02 PM
He won't credit the coaching staff with yesterday's win, he'll say that it was due to "proper execution"...

That way he can maintain that the reason we're 1-2 is the fault of the players' "improper execution" rather than idiotic playcalling.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

milkman
09-18-2000, 01:07 PM
Jesus Christ, can't you even enjoy the moment? We won! We won big! We also waited for it for the better part of a year. The game was obviously well coached and well executed! Let's hope it continues instead of dwelling on past failure.

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

Raiderhader
09-18-2000, 01:08 PM
I thought you were going to say he wasnt going to give credit to EG's beard http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Dr. Red
09-18-2000, 01:08 PM
As I stated in a previous post from Gaz, I thought it was a better executed game plan as well, which I believe made the difference btw. winning and losing the other 2 games.

That said, was the victory due to player's executing their plays, or coaches finding a game plan that their players could finally execute. My personal opinion is that the coaches finally drug their heads from their collectives asses and found a game plan their players could execute. It looked obvious that the talent was there on Sunday, they just needed a game plan.

Kckrazy
09-18-2000, 01:13 PM
Ware the repercussions for disagreeing with the Admin ?

I will give him credit for coming in without an alias.

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 01:22 PM
Chief,

You're always entitled to disagree...Of course, I'm always entitled to delete your post!

J/K

Frazod,

I enjoyed yesterday, but that was yesterday. As a former football coach, it's Monday morning and the task at hand is beating the Broncos. Sorry if that's too much for you to handle. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
Parker
[i]More Moreau</I>

milkman
09-18-2000, 01:28 PM
I'm aware of the task at hand. It just seems like you're p!ssed off that we won.

Perhaps I'm being too optimistic here (the fatal flaw of a Chiefs fan), but maybe-just maybe-these guys have seen the light. I can't think of anyone stupid enough to go back to run-run-run-punt after yesterday's nuclear display. Anyone who would do that would not be intelligent enough to walk upright. For all their failings, at least Gun and Raye can walk upright.

They rated a chance yesterday. Perhaps we should quit shoveling dirt on them, at least for a while.

------------------
Frazod

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 01:54 PM
I am delighted that we won. But my optimism is also tempered by realism.

If there's any coaches in the NFL that have proven that they ARE dumb enough to go back to the "run and punt" after yesterday's blowout, it's OUR coaches. After all, they took a proven losing game plan into Tennessee last week, after proving it didn't work against Indy, or Oakland, or any of our pre-season opponents.

What kills me is that we unveiled this offense ON THE FIRST SERIES OF THE FIRST PRESEASON GAME against Tennessee. Why the **** did it take the rest of preseason and the first 2 weeks of the season to bring it back.

Why do we watch TRich or Moreau bust a big run and then go to the bench.

These coaches are NOTORIOUS for finding something that works, only to abandon it one play or one game later.

------------------
Parker
[i]More Moreau</I>

Raiderhader
09-18-2000, 01:56 PM
[nodding knowingly as he read's HM's post]

preach it, brother.

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-18-2000, 02:07 PM
Ditto's to what Gregg said.

milkman
09-18-2000, 02:15 PM
I appreciate your pessimism, hm. I've had my heart ripped out by these bastards too many times not to. However, we all, the coaches included, witnessed an offensive display yesterday the likes of which have not been seen in these parts for DECADES. This is something new and potentially magical. We COULD, and again, I say, COULD, be looking at the next Rice or Moss here in Morris. I refuse to believe that even Gun or Raye at their mindless, assinine worst could not appreciate the power and new dimension he brings to our offense. I just don't think that's possible.

If they go to Denver and endlessly run it up the gut en route to a sickening slaughter at the hands of our most hated, mortal enemies, I'll personally roll out the guillotine. For now, though, let's hope they all saw the same thing we did, and use it.

We demanded results. They delivered. Let's cut 'em some slack!

------------------
Frazod

htismaqe
09-18-2000, 02:17 PM
Bob Dole can't count the number of times he has seen this coaching staff turn its back on something that was working, or conversely, stick with something that is not working. Can't for the life of me figure it out...

Bob Dole is the type that would stick with something until the opposition proved they could stop it, then switch to something else. Maybe that's why Bob Dole isn't an NFL coach. (Well...that and the fact that Bob Dole only owns 2 computers and refuses to go to work at 4am.)

Bob Dole is just waiting for this weeks quote, that Bob Dole expects to go something like:

"We've proven we can open up the offense and score points. Anyone can do that. Now we need to prove our toughness running the ball."

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 02:18 PM
Frazod, that's the difference between you and me. You call it "pessimism", I call it "realism". http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I don't refute what you are saying. We have some very gifted athletes on the field. I, however, am reserved to use more than one game as proof that our coaches have SEEN anything. After all, I've seen our guys play like this before, only to do something ENTIRELY different the next game, because of our coaches.

------------------
Parker
[i]More Moreau</I>

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 02:20 PM
Bob,

I fully expect to hear something like, "This is what we've been trying to do. This is the type of offense we put in place during training camp. It finally all came together and the players executed the way we need them to."

There won't be any mention of the fact that the coaches changed something...

------------------
Parker
[i]More Moreau</I>

Raiderhader
09-18-2000, 02:25 PM
Anyone that believes that this was merely execution, I've got a bridge for sale.

milkman
09-18-2000, 02:27 PM
I like the "pessimism" v. "realism" analogy. Its unusual that I'm this optimistic, ESPECIALLY WITH THE CHIEFS http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif. I am generally cynical, negative and fatalistic about things. I expect the worst from people and generally get it.

I guess part of the reason I feel this good is because I was actually there. It wasn't just a voice on a speaker or images on a screen. I saw it, I felt it, I got swept up in it. I was at the last major-league butt-whuppin' we put up against Pittsburgh last year, and this blew that away. Morris makes all the difference. He electrifies this team like nothing I've ever seen, not even Montana, my favorite player of all time. I feel good (for now), and I LIKE IT!

------------------
Frazod

AustinChief
09-18-2000, 02:38 PM
Frazod,

I'll spot you that one. SlyMo is the type of player we haven't had here since Dawson and Taylor. Gonzo is great, but he's a TE, he can't electrify a crowd like the Cat will.

------------------
Parker
[i]More Moreau</I>