PDA

View Full Version : Benny Sapp should start in place of McBurnon

CoMoChief
08-24-2005, 11:01 AM
I know that this has been said a few times by some people on the planet, but I really think DV should make this happen. I can NOT take McBurnon blowing up plays like the way he did the other night vs. Arizona. Boldin, though he's good he's not great. McBurnon flat out got his balls kicked in when he was trying to cover Boldin. We face Moss and Porter. during that first 4 week span. I would rather have a very good high school CB play the 2nd CB position opposite of Surtain than I would McBurnon. Your thoughts.....

Go Benny Sapp!!!!!!!!

WisChief
08-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Wesley was supposed to provide deep safety help

Shootr
08-24-2005, 11:05 AM
I know that this has been said a few times by some people on the planet, but I really think DV should make this happen. I can NOT take McBurnon blowing up plays like the way he did the other night vs. Arizona. Boldin, though he's good he's not great. McBurnon flat out got his balls kicked in when he was trying to cover Boldin. We face Moss and Porter. during that first 4 week span. I would rather have a very good high school CB play the 2nd CB position opposite of Surtain than I would McBurnon. Your thoughts.....

Go Benny Sapp!!!!!!!!

He was supposed to have deep safety help, Wesley blew his assignment, but like you said this has already been discussed.

CoMoChief
08-24-2005, 11:07 AM
DV probably said that to cover his ass. His loyalty to some players ruins this team.

Bowser
08-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Sapp has looked good in doing what the Chiefs have asked him to do. That being said, I don't believe he has been going against teams' #1 and #2 receivers (consistantly, at least). I agree that they should at least throw him in at the starting spot against Seattle, just to see, but you know how Vermeil is about screwing up the confidence of his players.

I will disagree with you about Anquan Boldin, though. He is an above average, if not top shelf, receiver.

Chiefnj
08-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Even without the deep help, McLeon bit hard on the pump fake and was steps behind Bolden. McLeon also didn't look that good the entire game, but at least he kept the open receiver in front of him.

I was really surprised that Ambrose had so much trouble against 2nd and 3rd string players.

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 11:29 AM
DV probably said that to cover his ass. His loyalty to some players ruins this team.

Brilliant commentary.

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Even without the deep help, McLeon bit hard on the pump fake and was steps behind Bolden. McLeon also didn't look that good the entire game, but at least he kept the open receiver in front of him.

I was really surprised that Ambrose had so much trouble against 2nd and 3rd string players.

I thought that at first too, but several people watched the play on tape and said there was no pump fake.

Like you, I'm much more concerned about some things during the game that people didn't notice. Either that or they let them get overshadowed by that one play by Bolden. McCleon is soft and gets beat to the inside far too often. Every CB in the league gets burnt deep once in a while. Not every CB in the league is batting .000 on 3rd and 10.

I'm also suprised, as well as disappointed, by Ambrose.

Chiefnj
08-24-2005, 11:40 AM
I thought that at first too, but several people watched the play on tape and said there was no pump fake.

Like you, I'm much more concerned about some things during the game that people didn't notice. Either that or they let them get overshadowed by that one play by Bolden. McCleon is soft and gets beat to the inside far too often. Every CB in the league gets burnt deep once in a while. Not every CB in the league is batting .000 on 3rd and 10.

I'm also suprised, as well as disappointed, by Ambrose.

Bolden will probably be a very, very good receiver in the league. It's not surprising he beat McLeon on a long ball; especially without the FS being 10 yards near the play. It's just on other plays in preseason Dex hasn't done much other than give a big cushion, allow the completion and make a tackle. That was Robinson's system.

I noticed in the 2nd half that a lot of the Chiefs corners were playing off the line and giving big cushions. I wonder if Gun was calling for that for a reason.

cmh6476
08-28-2005, 04:19 PM
bump. Hell, why not?

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 06:20 PM
bump. Hell, why not?

Interesting to read this thread from last week. My complaint last week about McCleon was not that he got burnt deep but that he was giving up slants to the inside because he wasn't bumping his man.

My complaint this week was not that Surtain got burnt deep but that he was giving up slants to the inside because he wasn't bumping his man.

Dammit Gunther!

Count Alex's Losses
08-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Gunther is definitely hiding something. Well, two things if you count Kendrell Bell.

milkman
08-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Gunther is definitely hiding something. Well, two things if you count Kendrell Bell.

His Picasso like geniouscps