PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football question- No. 2 pick

tyton75
08-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes, I know.. another FF thread, but I really don't know what to do here!!

I'm almost positive that #1 overall will take LT... but I'm torn at #2.. should I take Shaun Alexander or Priest... I really wanna take Priest, but it would be nearly impossible to get LJ later on

what would you do

1-qb
2rb
4 wr/te
1d

Iowanian
08-24-2005, 02:13 PM
I'd take Alexander...He's a good performer, proven durable and most importantly...in a Contract year.

Priest hasn't finished either of the last 2 seasons and will lose carries to Johnson as the season progresses, I think.

If you're in the Hoover league....Take a punter.

ct
08-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Alexander

Brock
08-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Why a RB?

Old Dog
08-24-2005, 03:22 PM
In the same position I took Alexander. If you take Priest you have to take LJ not later than the 5th where in all llikelihood you end up missing out on a good WR or QB.
Take Alexander and hope as a Chiefs fan that you screwed up.

Halfcan
08-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Ricky Williams-he is going to be awesome this year. Or I hear Ron Dayne is just tearing it up as a 4th stringer.

Pick Preist-you will be very happy.

chagrin
08-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Shaun Alexander dude

jidar1
08-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Peyton Manning. There are lots of backs who are going to put up big numbers this year, but only one Manning. Whoever has Manning is probably beating everyone else at the QB position by more than they are getting beat at RB.

Mile High Mania
08-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Kicker!

I'd take Alexander simply because there's less risk in regard to "lingering" injury issues, and I wouldn't want to spend my R5 pick on LJ... too early for the handcuff.

tyton75
08-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the info.. I think you guys are probably right logically... but demmit, its going to be hard passing on Priest!!!

CanadaKC
08-24-2005, 06:17 PM
I'd take Alexander...He's a good performer, proven durable and most importantly...in a Contract year

I think Alexander already signed a mulit-yeer deal in Seattle...but he's still worth taking at 2...although he may have a little resentment with Holmgren. I'd take Priest...simply because he's as valuable a receiver out of the backfield as Ladanian Tomlinson...those kind of backs as priceless in FF. Like Tiki Barber...always underrated...but he does it all like Priest and LT.

KingPriest2
08-24-2005, 06:24 PM
I'd take Alexander...He's a good performer, proven durable and most importantly...in a Contract year.

Priest hasn't finished either of the last 2 seasons and will lose carries to Johnson as the season progresses, I think.

If you're in the Hoover league....Take a punter.

He did finish 2003 just not 2002 and 2004 I feel that if the Chiefs were in the playoff hunt last year he would have played the last part of the season

Rain Man
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Manning. Not Eli, the other one.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
08-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Draft with your head, not your heart!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info.. I think you guys are probably right logically... but demmit, its going to be hard passing on Priest!!!

MGRS13
08-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Alexander, there is value at QB later on that there isn't at RB. Take 2 RB's early and pick a second tier QB in the later rounds.

Electric Chair
08-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Manning. Not Eli, the other one.
"Other" meaning good.

Alexander would be the pick.

I would also be tempted to pick Willis McGahee before Peyton, who is going to have a big time year if Losman isn't a total waste of skin.

Priest is going to lose too many carries to LJ.

milkman
08-24-2005, 06:42 PM
"Other" meaning good.

Alexander would be the pick.

I would also be tempted to pick Willis McGahee before Peyton, who is going to have a big time year if Losman isn't a total waste of skin.

Priest is going to lose too many carries to LJ.

If Priest is healthy, I doubt that he loses too many carries.

I fully expect him to get 25 touchs a game.

Having said that, I would go with Alexander.

RedandGold
08-24-2005, 06:49 PM
I guess it depends upon how your scoring system is set up. If it's QB-friendly (6 pts per TD), Peyton would be tough to pass up.

Regardless, you are in a position to pick either the best QB or 2nd best RB available, and the dropoff in either position by the time you pick again will be considerable.

If you take Manning, you would have to settle for a Rudi Johnson or Ahman Green at RB. If you go with Alexander, you will probably end up with a Brett Favre or Matt Hasselbeck at QB.

Personally, I would lean towards Manning since he is more likely to have a handfull of huge games than Alexander. If you're light in other areas of your lineup, a strong QB performance will still get you a win.

Regardless, Priest shouldn't even be a consideration due to the durability issues and not knowing how many carries LJ will get.