PDA

View Full Version : See Mullah Pat CYA...'I was misinterpreted'

memyselfI
08-24-2005, 11:40 AM
ROFL He said take out could mean 'kidnapping.'

Maybe he should have said it could mean Chinese food.
We should order take out for Hugo. Yeah, that is what Pat meant.

Poor Mullah Pat probably forgot the first part of his statement "If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050823/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_robertson_assassination_6;_ylt=AgUhEVJwPRKdBK_.ykOhHfhjhuIA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Eye Patch
08-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Good thing it was not a government official… then how would you feel?

MOhillbilly
08-24-2005, 11:46 AM
who cares?
he supports china.
now you two have something in common.:rolleyes:

Chief Henry
08-24-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm guessing ol Pat knows the diffinition of "Is".

oldandslow
08-24-2005, 01:07 PM
So kidnapping (in essence, stealing) is ok...

but murder is not...

or something like that.

I wonder which version of the Good Book old Pat is using?

jiveturkey
08-24-2005, 01:08 PM
So kidnapping (in essence, stealing) is ok...

but murder is not...

or something like that.

I wonder which version of the Good Book old Pat is using?He's had it upside down for years.

memyselfI
08-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Ok, so now Mullah Pat said his Fatwa was merely giving ole Hugo what he wanted or thinks that is coming...

Pat merely was validating the poor man's previous statements. ROFL

Eye Patch
08-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Stephanopoulos Urged Foreign Assassination

Senior Clinton advisor George Stephanopoulos publicly argued for the same kind of assassination policy in 1997, the press voiced no objection at all.

Fresh from his influential White House post, Stephanopoulos devoted an entire column in Newsweek to the topic of whether the U.S. should take out Saddam Hussein.

His headlined? "Why We Should Kill Saddam."

"Assassination may be Clinton's best option," the future "This Week" host urged. "If we can kill Saddam, we should."

Though Iraq war critics now argue that by 1997, the Iraqi dictator was "in a box" and posed no threat whatsoever to the U.S., Stephanopoulos contended that Saddam deserved swift and lethal justice.

"We've exhausted other efforts to stop him, and killing him certainly seems more proportionate to his crimes and discriminate in its effect than massive bombing raids that will inevitably kill innocent civilians," the diminutive former aide contended.

Stephanopoulos even offered a way to get around the presidential ban on foreign assassinations:

"If Clinton decides we can and should assassinate Saddam, he could call in national-security adviser Sandy Berger and sign a secret National Security Decision Directive authorizing it."

The Stephanopoulos plan: "First, we could offer to provide money and materiel to Iraqi exiles willing to lead an effort to overthrow Saddam. . . . The second option is a targeted airstrike against the homes or bunkers where Saddam is most likely to be hiding."

The one-time top Clinton aide said that, far from violating international principles, assassinating Saddam would be the moral thing to do, arguing, "What's unlawful - and unpopular with the allies - is not necessarily immoral."

Stephanopoulos also noted that killing Saddam could pay big political dividends at home, saying the mission would make Clinton "a huge winner if it succeeded."

memyselfI
08-24-2005, 03:28 PM

George is an evangelical minister on tv? :hmmm:*

*when all else fails, blame Clinton.

listopencil
08-24-2005, 03:49 PM
So what? Pat Robertson is about as freaking retarded as they (evangelicals) get. He regularly ends his program with prayers to God for a bunch of stupid crap. He thinly veils his own agenda by citing it in his prayer requests with comments like "...and I now that is your will Lord." or "...when your will is done Almighty Saviour." The guy is a joke.

Eye Patch
08-24-2005, 04:11 PM
George is an evangelical minister on tv? :hmmm:*

*when all else fails, blame Clinton.

Oh so you don't have a comeback so you play the blame Clinton card... well in answer to your question...

No... George was a senior official in the Clinton Adminstration who wrote an article in a National magazine... but you already knew that.

Besides nobody is blaming Clinton... George is his own man and is entitled to say what he wants and I agree with it... but he is part of the government administration and his voice carries far more weight than some has-been whack job named Pat Robertson...

You would think someone with your evenhandedness and sense of fair play could recognize the difference.

Donger
08-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Oh so you don't have a comeback so you play the blame Clinton card... well in answer to your question...

No... George was a senior official in the Clinton Adminstration... but you already knew that.

Besides nobody is blaming Clinton... George is his own man and is entitled to say what he wants and I agree with it... but he is part of the government administration and his voice carries far more weight than some has-been whack job named Pat Robertson...

You would think someone with your evenhandedness and sense of fair play could recognize the difference.

I may be wrong, but I think George had left the Clinton administration when he said that.

Eye Patch
08-24-2005, 04:21 PM
I may be wrong, but I think George had left the Clinton administration when he said that.

Well then if that is true than he is voicing his personal opinion just like the whack job Candy Sheehan & Pat Robertson.

Taco John
08-24-2005, 04:37 PM
I definitely think we should have assassinated Hussein...

memyselfI
08-24-2005, 04:50 PM

No... George was a senior official in the Clinton Adminstration who wrote an article in a National magazine... but you already knew that.

At last glance, Stephanopolous is not a RRWNJ who uses Christ as a weapon.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 04:51 PM

We certainly should assassinate all terrorist supporters living on our own soil.

memyselfI
08-24-2005, 04:51 PM

I said that would be a heckuva lot easier than this war. And I could argue a morally superior option than losing tens of thousands of lives, spending billions of dollars, and destabilizing the region even further.

memyselfI
08-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Guess the assassination option is one that RWNJs routinely consider:

Syndicated columnist Ann Coulter argued that the national debate during the Monica Lewinsky controversy should not have focused on whether President Bill Clinton "did it," but rather "whether to impeach or assassinate" him.

The quote appeared in Coulter's book High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton (Regnery, 1998):

I'n this recurring nightmare of a presidency, we have a national debate about whether he "did it," even though all sentient people know he did. Otherwise there would be debates only about whether to impeach or assassinate.'

http://mediamatters.org/items/200508230007

DanT
08-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Guess the assassination option is one that RWNJs routinely consider:

Syndicated columnist Ann Coulter argued that the national debate during the Monica Lewinsky controversy should not have focused on whether President Bill Clinton "did it," but rather "whether to impeach or assassinate" him.

The quote appeared in Coulter's book High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton (Regnery, 1998):

I'n this recurring nightmare of a presidency, we have a national debate about whether he "did it," even though all sentient people know he did. Otherwise there would be debates only about whether to impeach or assassinate.'

http://mediamatters.org/items/200508230007

I had understood that you've also considered and advocated the use of the assassination option. Or have I misunderstood you?

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=108074&page=3&pp=15

memyselfI
08-24-2005, 06:52 PM
I had understood that you've also considered and advocated the use of the assassination option. Or have I misunderstood you?

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=108074&page=3&pp=15

Yeah, as I said earlier in this very thread, I found that option less morally reprehensible than a war and figured it would be a cleaner, less violent, and less expensive option in Iraq...

The difference is I'm not a RWNJ advocating the assassination of the POTUS (God help us, Cheney is waiting in the wings) and I'm not a RRWNJ/Christian evangelical minister who is acting most un-Christlike.

Brock
08-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah, as I said earlier in this very thread, I found that option less morally reprehensible than a war and figured it would be a cleaner, less violent, and less expensive option in Iraq...

The difference is I'm not a RWNJ advocating the assassination of the POTUS (God help us, Cheney is waiting in the wings) and I'm not a RRWNJ/Christian evangelical minister who is acting most un-Christlike.

IOW, moral flexibility.

DanT
08-24-2005, 07:09 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Mr. Laz
08-24-2005, 08:34 PM

Senior Clinton advisor George Stephanopoulos publicly argued for the same kind of assassination policy in 1997, the press voiced no objection at all.
there's a huge difference between someone suggesting a governmental change of policy and a guy saying "kill the mouthy SOB"

imo we should consider changing our policy against killing foreign leaders.

i think it would make some of these war monger types from starting crap because they think they are immune.

but i hardly think that a foreign leader getting "mouthy" is enough to warrant such an action.

Mr. Laz
08-24-2005, 08:47 PM
IOW, moral flexibility.
no ... i believe she's pointing more to the hypocrisy of the right wing

they preach and scream about the sanctity of live but then scream "assassinate the piece of crap!!"

they scream "we are morally superior and follow GOD" but then do some of the most UN-Godly things you can do.

if your gonna talk it, then walk it

ol' pat is plenty on the talk but he might as well be in a wheelchair when it comes to walking.

the ignorant fuvck Rush Limbaugh did the same thing

"all illegal drug users should be put in jail and the key thrown away"

until of course HE used illegal drugs ... then the POS changed his tune.

Bob Bahr criticized Clinton for having and affair only to be forced to resign a few week later because he was doing the same thing.

moral to the story... nobody is perfect but if your going to preach, pass judgement and bitch about the actions of other then be ready to accept the criticism when you fail to live up to your own standards.

Logical
08-24-2005, 09:36 PM
It was funnier than hell even Fox News Network was making Robertson look like the pathetic liar he is on this issue. Had him quoted today saying he was not talking about assasination and was misquoted then they played his actual quote that was as clear as day. Pretty bad when the most conservative of the networks is making you out to be the asshole you really are.

Iowanian
08-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Opossum seen running out of cooter of Dense Bin Laden.

He's a dipshit, who doesn't speak for anyone but the seniles he bilks out of money on TV.

Logical
08-24-2005, 09:41 PM

You would think someone with your evenhandedness and sense of fair play could recognize the difference.Was Stephanopolis advocating a policy change or actually naming someone to be killed like Pat Robertson did? You don't see the difference in the media's eyes. Stephanolis' job was to make policy recommendations.

Ugly Duck
08-24-2005, 10:34 PM
"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we are trying to assassinate him, we should go ahead and do it," Robertson said Monday. "It's a whole lot easier than starting a war, and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I didn't say 'assassination,'" Robertson clarified during a broadcast of his "The 700 Club" Wednesday morning.

Are you sure this guy doesn't work for Bushron? Seems like he would fit right in.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166642,00.html

Eye Patch
08-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Was Stephanopolis advocating a policy change or actually naming someone to be killed like Pat Robertson did? You don't see the difference in the media's eyes. Stephanolis' job was to make policy recommendations.

What media eyes you talking about? Well at least you admit that Stephanolis’s job was to make policy and he advocated an assassination just like the moron Patterson.

And that's the point George was a policy maker of a administration which carries far more weight than Mullah Pat, who is a has-been moron with a Amway smile that is in the last throngs of his religious deity.

The point being is that George, a senior administration official, got a pass from the media when he made such comments… Robertson the kook gets about three days of headline news with CNN doing round the clock reporting. Since you admit and I admit that George speaks for an administration and Robertson speaks to sheep, who carries more weight, and why as a senior official in the Executive Branch with an article written in Newsweek no less gets a pass from the press when he advocated the same thing as hair spray Pat.

the Talking Can
08-25-2005, 08:35 AM
http://www.cagle.com/news/PatRobertson/images/rogers.gif

Adept Havelock
08-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks talking can, that was great.

beavis
08-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Robertson drives cross shaped car bomb into crowd of children, killing dozens. Film at 10.

Logical
08-25-2005, 12:31 PM
What media eyes you talking about? Well at least you admit that Stephanolis’s job was to make policy and he advocated an assassination just like the moron Patterson.

And that's the point George was a policy maker of a administration which carries far more weight than Mullah Pat, who is a has-been moron with a Amway smile that is in the last throngs of his religious deity.

The point being is that George, a senior administration official, got a pass from the media when he made such comments… Robertson the kook gets about three days of headline news with CNN doing round the clock reporting. Since you admit and I admit that George speaks for an administration and Robertson speaks to sheep, who carries more weight, and why as a senior official in the Executive Branch with an article written in Newsweek no less gets a pass from the press when he advocated the same thing as hair spray Pat.It is simple George S did not name a person to be assasinated, he was writing in the abstract.

Eye Patch
08-25-2005, 01:12 PM
It is simple George S did not name a person to be assasinated, he was writing in the abstract.

"If we can kill Saddam, we should."

Seems like he named him here…

So much for your reading and comprehension skills.

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 01:42 PM

So much for your reading and comprehension skills.

Where your argument sucks is that I don't condone Stephanopolous using that language if he's with the Administration and especially if he's employed as a WH spokesperson.

I have yet to see many CONS state how Pat Robertson was being not only dangerous but downright un-Christian and certainly un-pastorlike.

Eye Patch
08-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Where your argument sucks is that I don't condone Stephanopolous using that language if he's with the Administration and especially if he's employed as a WH spokesperson.

I have yet to see many CONS state how Pat Robertson was being not only dangerous but downright un-Christian and certainly un-pastorlike.

Well as usual my “sucking” argument went over your head. I did not take issue with you attacking Patterson, because I did the same. He’s a moron and does not speak for any administration or me. He should be ignored… a desirable trait I am striving for considering some of the daily barrage of bias blogs and moronic tripe I read from you.

Now pay attention… I took issue with the fact about all of the press coverage of this idiot Patterson and not one about Stephaopolous who I consider a sharp knife and a senior official in the White House. Why do you think the press did that?

In your hate “anything right” zeal to label folks as cons or sucking is an indication of your inability to read the written word and understand basic logical concepts.

Logical
08-25-2005, 02:56 PM

So much for your reading and comprehension skills.Guilty, I was working from memory and should have re-read what you quoted. Do you have a link for that reference, not the Newsweek article (I know that won't be online) but where you got the information..

Eye Patch
08-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Guilty, I was working from memory and should have re-read what you quoted. Do you have a link for that reference, not the Newsweek article (I know that won't be online) but where you got the information..

A bias and nationally known conservative website called newsmax.

Since they are using direct quotes over opinion they have put themselves out on a limb if those quotes are not true. I have tried to find from other sites of different persuasion that contradict those claims since when they have reported other articles in the past they are quickly challenged.

If you find one please let me know.

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Well as usual my “sucking” argument went over your head. I did not take issue with you attacking Patterson, because I did the same. He’s a moron and does not speak for any administration or me. He should be ignored… a desirable trait I am striving for considering some of the daily barrage of bias blogs and moronic tripe I read from you.

Now pay attention… I took issue with the fact about all of the press coverage of this idiot Patterson and not one about Stephaopolous who I consider a sharp knife and a senior official in the White House. Why do you think the press did that?

In your hate “anything right” zeal to label folks as cons or sucking is an indication of your inability to read the written word and understand basic logical concepts.

Do you mean Robertson?

You know, I think you are missing the main point here. That a man of the cloth and a leader of the so called Religious Right was advocating MURDER...

What Stephanopolous wrote (still in question of when) while employed by the WH was irresponsible. He should have been fired. I would not defend him.

And there is press attention to this because the RRWNJs have tried very hard to get their faces and message in the news. Fox News has reportedly had Robertson on their programs already ten times this year. So when the guy says something maniacal are they supposed to ignore it?

Eye Patch
08-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Do you mean Robertson?

You know, I think you are missing the main point here. That a man of the cloth and a leader of the so called Religious Right was advocating MURDER...

What Stephanopolous wrote (still in question of when) while employed by the WH was irresponsible. He should have been fired. I would not defend him.

Sorry I mean Robertson... not Patterson.

Robertson is a hypocrite... like "some" so-called Christians just like “some” on the left… but nobody is perfect. I believe we are on the same page here... except you give Robertson more credit/power than he is or deserves

DanT
08-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Pat Robertson has said a lot of interesting things. Here's a news story from this past October on something else he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-10-20-robertson-bush_x.htm

Robertson: Bush told him there would be no war casualties
WASHINGTON (AP) — Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson says he warned President Bush before U.S. troops invaded Iraq that the United States would sustain casualties but that Bush responded, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."

White House and campaign advisers denied Bush made the comment, with adviser Karen Hughes saying, "I don't believe that happened. He must have misunderstood or misheard it."

Robertson's comments came to light on a day when Bush portrayed himself as an aggressive leader who understands the costs of the war on terrorism, while depicting opponent John Kerry as out of touch about the risks.

"The next commander in chief must lead us to victory in this war and you cannot win a war when you don't believe you're fighting one," Bush told hundreds of supporters in a farming community in Iowa, where he and Kerry are in a close race.

Robertson, in an interview with CNN that aired Tuesday night, said God had told him the war would be messy and a disaster. When he met with Bush in Nashville, before the war Bush did not listen to his advice, Robertson said, and believed Saddam Hussein was an evil tyrant who needed to be removed.

"He was just sitting there, like, 'I'm on top of the world,' and I warned him about this war," Robertson said.

"I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you better prepare the American people for casualties.' 'Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties.' 'Well,' I said, 'it's the way it's going to be.' And so, it was messy. The Lord told me it was going to be, A, a disaster and, B, messy."

Traveling with Bush in the Midwest, Hughes said political adviser Karl Rove was in the Feb. 10, 2003, meeting with the president and Robertson in Nashville, but Bush never said there wouldn't be casualties in Iraq.

"Obviously, we already had casualties in Afghanistan at the time. If you look at that, that (the comment) was not consistent with what was going on," she said.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said, "Of course, the president never made such a comment."

Robertson released a statement about Bush late Wednesday in which he said, "I emphatically stated that I believe 'the blessing of heaven is upon him' and I am persuaded that he will win this election and prevail on the war against terror in order to keep America safe from her avowed enemies."

Earlier in the day, Mike McCurry, adviser to the Kerry campaign, said: "We believe President Bush should get the benefit of the doubt here, but he needs to come forward and answer a very simple question — was Pat Robertson telling the truth when he said he didn't think there'd be any casualties or is Pat Robertson lying?"

Robertson, the founder of the Christian Coalition and a candidate for the Republican nomination for president in 1988, said he supports Bush's re-election and believes the president is blessed by God.

"I think God's blessing him, and I think it's one of those things that, even if he stumbles and messes up — and he's had his share of goofs and gaffes — I just think God's blessing is on him," Robertson said. "And you remember, I think the Chinese used to say, you know, it's the blessing of heaven on the emperor. And I think the blessing of heaven is on Bush. It's just the way it is."

In January, Robertson told viewers during his 700 Club television program that God had told him Bush would win re-election in a blowout." In the CNN interview, Robertson said he believes Bush will win by a "razor-thin" margin but by a substantial Electoral College victory.

Pat Robertson has exactly as much right to his opinion as any other American.

listopencil
08-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Pat Robertson has exactly as much right to his opinion as any other American.

Sure he does, but he's still a ****ing dumbass.

Ugly Duck
08-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Sure he does (have a right to his opinion), but he's still a ****ing dumbass.Don't misunderestimate Pat Robertson. The guy is just following the Call from Above:

"Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee amoung my favoured sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven."

Do Fundamentalist Christians get the same heavenly rewards as Fundamentalist Muslims when they answer The Call to destroy non-believers?

Logical
08-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Don't misunderestimate Pat Robertson. The guy is just following the Call from Above:

"Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee amoung my favoured sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven."

Do Fundamentalist Christians get the same heavenly rewards as Fundamentalist Muslims when they answer The Call to destroy non-believers?Well instead of 72 virgins it would appears you get the angels to service you if you are a sheeple.

whoman69
08-27-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm guessing ol Pat knows the diffinition of "Is".
I'm guess you also forgave him for saying America was responsible for the 9/11 attacks because of moral decay.

Baby Lee
08-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Mememe: We should've assassinated Hussein.
Robertson: We should assassinate Chavez.
Mememe: Gah!! We agree, but I hate that guy. . . Must fire pre-emptive squiggle.

memyselfI
08-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Mememe: We should've assassinated Hussein.
Robertson: We should assassinate Chavez.
Mememe: Gah!! We agree, but I hate that guy. . . Must fire pre-emptive squiggle.

Last time I checked, I am not a man of the cloth sworn to uphold God's law...

but I guess in your lust to prove a point you forgot that minor detail.

Baby Lee
08-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Last time I checked, I am not a man of the cloth sworn to uphold God's law...

but I guess in your lust to prove a point you forgot that minor detail.
So ideally, Pat Robertson is inherently a better person than you are?

memyselfI
08-27-2005, 01:02 PM
So ideally, Pat Robertson is inherently a better person than you are?

He seems to think he is. He has presented his ilk as such. His version of Christ would state he is...

Ideally, he would fess up to being the enormous hypocrite that he and his ilk tend to be.

Baby Lee
08-27-2005, 01:08 PM
He seems to think he is. He has presented his ilk as such. His version of Christ would state he is...

Ideally, he would fess up to being the enormous hypocrite that he and his ilk tend to be.
Don't toss it off on him. YOU are the one whose position is, "he agrees with me [down to the underlying rationale], but he shouldn't because he's somehow different. Somehow above the crappy ideas I spew."

You were FOS then, and he is FOS now. And it's delicious that you're both stewing in the same FOS stew.

memyselfI
08-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Don't toss it off on him. YOU are the one whose position is, "he agrees with me [down to the underlying rationale], but he shouldn't because he's somehow different. Somehow above the crappy ideas I spew."

You were FOS then, and he is FOS now. And it's delicious that you're both stewing in the same FOS stew.

He doesn't agree with me. I never stated I supported assassinating Chavez cuz I don't. As far as I know, he's not on record for saying assassination of SH is a preferable option to billions spent and tens of thousands dying (I said this even BEFORE the war started) and last time I checked Hugo Chavez and Saddam Hussein were different men, running different countries, and different situations...

Stop making this black and white..if anything, this assassination issue is anything BUT.

mlyonsd
08-27-2005, 04:09 PM
He doesn't agree with me. I never stated I supported assassinating Chavez cuz I don't. As far as I know, he's not on record for saying assassination of SH is a preferable option to billions spent and tens of thousands dying (I said this even BEFORE the war started) and last time I checked Hugo Chavez and Saddam Hussein were different men, running different countries, and different situations...

Stop making this black and white..if anything, this assassination issue is anything BUT.

Checkmate. Pick up your pieces and move to the next game.

Baby Lee
08-27-2005, 04:12 PM

Squiggle 1.

When I said Robertson and I were different people, I actually said Hussein and Chavez are different people. You just read my exact words wrong.

memyselfI
08-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Checkmate. Pick up your pieces and move to the next game.

Good advice. I am headed to my next game. Chiefs vs. Seahags. ;)

mlyonsd
08-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Good advice. I am headed to my next game. Chiefs vs. Seahags. ;)

Oh you gigantic POS. I'm stuck watching it on tv. Have fun, but save yourself some pain cause Rich Gannon is still not in the building.

memyselfI
08-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Oh you gigantic POS. I'm stuck watching it on tv. Have fun, but save yourself some pain cause Rich Gannon is still not in the building.

ROFL

He's still around though. :p

See ya.

listopencil
08-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Don't misunderestimate Pat Robertson. The guy is just following the Call from Above:

Do Fundamentalist Christians get the same heavenly rewards as Fundamentalist Muslims when they answer The Call to destroy non-believers?

This is exactly the problem with fundamentalists, or die-hards who just follow literal translations of holy books instead of holding themselves accountable for choosing a morality. That shit is just nuts. Plain and simple.

CHIEF4EVER
08-30-2005, 05:21 PM

So murder is AOK in your book (morally that is). Just trying to understand your hypocrisy.

|Zach|
08-30-2005, 05:24 PM
So murder is AOK in your book (morally that is). Just trying to understand your hypocrisy.
She said less morally reprehensible.

I think stealing morally reprehensible than murder. That doesn't mean I think stealing is AOK.

CHIEF4EVER
08-30-2005, 05:31 PM
She said less morally reprehensible.

I think stealing morally reprehensible than murder. That doesn't mean I think stealing is AOK.

You obviously missed THIS puppy:

Originally Posted by memyselfI
Oh, please. I've been arguing the merits of hit squads as an alternative to war for almost two years. It has been you who has maintained how wrong I am for advocating breaking the law...

:rolleyes:

Now they are doing it IN ADDITION/SUPPLEMENT to a failed war is reprehensible.

|Zach|
08-30-2005, 05:33 PM
You obviously missed THIS puppy:

Originally Posted by memyselfI
Oh, please. I've been arguing the merits of hit squads as an alternative to war for almost two years. It has been you who has maintained how wrong I am for advocating breaking the law...

:rolleyes:

Now they are doing it IN ADDITION/SUPPLEMENT to a failed war is reprehensible.
Again, just read...you are putting what you want into it.

Because you think A>B on the moral scale does not mean you think B is ok. This shouldn't that tough.

CHIEF4EVER
08-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Again, just read...you are putting what you want into it.No, I'm not. Either you are advocating said action or you are not.Because you think A>B on the moral scale does not mean you think B is ok. This shouldn't that tough.Originally Posted by memyselfI

Have you figured this out yet or do I need to break it down to the molecular level for you?

DanT
08-30-2005, 05:40 PM
The devil made him say it
Kathleen Parker

August 27, 2005

Televangelist Pat Robertson's flip-flop on his fantasy moment as an international assassin reminds me of a famous, if possibly apocryphal, story about David Niven as told by Christopher Buckley.

Niven is standing with another gentleman at the base of a staircase as two ladies in evening gowns descend.

Niven says: "That's the ugliest woman I've ever seen."

Other man replies: "That's my wife."

Niven: "I meant the other one."

Other man: "That's my daughter."

Niven: "I didn't say it."

ROFL

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/kathleenparker/kp20050827.shtml

|Zach|
08-30-2005, 05:56 PM
No, I'm not. Either you are advocating said action or you are not.Originally Posted by memyselfI

Have you figured this out yet or do I need to break it down to the molecular level for you?
I am sorry, if you can't understand the point I am making then you are either to dense or too much of an idiot for this conversation.

CHIEF4EVER
08-30-2005, 06:01 PM
I am sorry, if you can't understand the point I am making then you are either to dense or too much of an idiot for this conversation.

Someone like you calling me dense or an idiot is like an elementary school short bus passenger calling a college professor a cretin.

Baby Lee
08-30-2005, 06:52 PM
One can understand your point that when given a Hobbesian choice of Evil A and Evil B, chosing Evil A is not necessarily endorsement of Evil A.
But Mememe advocated 'Evil A' when given the vast panoply of options, from doing nothing, to sanctions, the assassination, to war, to nuclear war. She said "we should do this." Given, she advocated in in response to the call to war. But she still had in her arsenal pacifism, appeasement, sanctions, resolutions, etc. etc. all of which could form the basis of principled positions.
But she actively advocated a means and justification that now finds it's mirror in Robertson's ravings.