PDA

View Full Version : Springfield, MO to Bristol, TN?

philfree
08-24-2005, 10:11 PM
What's the best route to take? Going to the Nascar race this week and we've never been to Bristol so? Anybody?

PhilFree:arrow:

tk13
08-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Take four left turns 500 times.

chief52
08-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Do you have a room back there yet?

chefsos
08-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Just bum a ride from Nzoner. He's a closet NASCAR fan.

Seriously, can't help with directions, but I know the night race at Bristol is as good as it gets. I'd love to go once before I die.

philfree
08-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Do you have a room back there yet?

Yeah we gotta reservation back this way a bit. Around Knoxville I think. I didn't make it so I hope it's not to far and not to unclean.

cdcox
08-24-2005, 10:23 PM
That is going to be a brutal drive. I hate going North to get South, but I'd probably take 44 up to St.Louis, then go 64, 57, 24, 40.

The alternative is to plow through Southern MO and N. Arkansas on dinky 2 lane roads behind morons and farmers (the thought of it makes me want to drive a railroad spike trough my brain) to get to Little Rock, then take 40 across.

chief52
08-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah we gotta reservation back this way a bit. Around Knoxville I think. I didn't make it so I hope it's not to far and not to unclean.

I have 6 tickets for the spring race. It is the greatest place to see a race IMO. Rooms are where they really get you. I would love to attend the night race some time as well...it is the premier event...but I love the spring race. Not so damned hot.

Are you going to catch the Busch race?

philfree
08-24-2005, 10:45 PM
That is going to be a brutal drive. I hate going North to get South, but I'd probably take 44 up to St.Louis, then go 64, 57, 24, 40.

The alternative is to plow through Southern MO and N. Arkansas on dinky 2 lane roads behind morons and farmers (the thought of it makes me want to drive a railroad spike trough my brain) to get to Little Rock, then take 40 across.

So takin 60 to Paducah and gettin on 24 there is not the quickest way to Nashville? (yeah I know Bristol is along way from Nashville) Or do we not have to go through Nashville at all? I've driven there once and that was the fastest way to get there according to the folks that lived there who used to live here. I'm not doubting anyone or pretending to know the best way I'm just doing some investigative(sp?) work.

philfree
08-24-2005, 10:58 PM
I have 6 tickets for the spring race. It is the greatest place to see a race IMO. Rooms are where they really get you. I would love to attend the night race some time as well...it is the premier event...but I love the spring race. Not so damned hot.

Are you going to catch the Busch race?

Yes we are going to see the Busch race along with the Nextel. This gonna be like watching a race around the field at Arrowhead. The opposite of Dega but just as special I guess.

cdcox
08-24-2005, 11:00 PM
So takin 60 to Paducah and gettin on 24 there is not the quickest way to Nashville? (yeah I know Bristol is along way from Nashville) Or do we not have to go through Nashville at all? I've driven there once and that was the fastest way to get there according to the folks that lived there who used to live here. I'm not doubting anyone or pretending to know the best way I'm just doing some investigative(sp?) work.

Yahoo recommends my route through St. Louis. It says the Springfield to Paducha leg (again going through St. Louis) takes right at 6 hrs. If you think you can get to Paducah faster than 6 hours by taking 60, then you might want to consider it. Southern MO is very hilly and windy, so I thik you'd be on that road forever.

Once you get to Paducah, you do go through Nashville to pick up I-40, then take that all the way into Bristol.

philfree
08-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Yahoo recommends my route through St. Louis. It says the Springfield to Paducha leg (again going through St. Louis) takes right at 6 hrs. If you think you can get to Paducah faster than 6 hours by taking 60, then you might want to consider it. Southern MO is very hilly and windy, so I thik you'd be on that road forever.

Once you get to Paducah, you do go through Nashville to pick up I-40, then take that all the way into Bristol.

It's been a few year but last time I was across that way it didn't seem to bad. My parents are natives of SE MO so when I was young it was a long haul to Advance. I think they've improved those roads guite a bit but yeah that's some hilly country through there till you hit the Delta. I appreciate your thoughts CD, I believe there's value in them.

chefsos
08-24-2005, 11:36 PM
FWIW: Once you get there, this link may be useful. He concentrates mostly on campgrounds, but there's tons of info farther down the page.

Especially if you need to find a tattoo parlor or bail bondsman!

http://www.laidbackracing.com/Tracks/BristolMotorSpeedway.html