PDA

View Full Version : Rate my FF Team

Hoover
08-25-2005, 07:25 AM
I think its OK, I made some great picks, and some bad picks. I'm a little rusty...

QB: Bulger, McNair (Start One)
RB: McCallister, A. Green, Lee Suggs (Start two)
WR: Hines Ward, L. Coles, I. Bruce, K. McCardell (Start Two)
TE: L.J. Smith, Ben Thorpe (Start One)
K: Wilkins (Start One)
D: Ravens, Bears (Start One)

QB: Manning, Green, Collins and Culpepper went before I drafted at #10. So getting Bulger in the 6th round I think was good. He is in a great offense, just need to cut his INTs. McNair wast drafted in the 9th, could be a steel if he returns to form. My Rating Solid not great.

RB: I really like McCallisster and Green if they stay healthy. I wanted to draft N. Davenport but someone else drafter him. Suggs is banged up, so I don't have any depth. My Rating Great Starters, no depth.

WR: I drafted Hines Ward in the 3rd, which I thin is right where he should go. Hopefully Rothensburger passes a little more. I love the Coles pick in the 5th, being back with the Jets should be great for him. Bruce and McCardell are solding Fantasy Players. My Rating, Good Starters, Great depth.

TE: What the hell was I thinking taking L.J. Smith in the 7th? I passed on Randy McMichael who I had circled on my sheet but looked like I crossed it off. L.J. Should have a good year, but thats too high. Thorpe is OK, could be great, but who knows.

K: Wilkins, Dome kicker, high scoring offense. I like this pick where I got him in the 11th.

D: I never draft a D high, but I selected the Ravens in the 4th round. I should have waited but there just wasn't any other player that I really wanted. There were some Good WRs and OK Running backs on the board but I opted for what I think is the best defense out there. The Bears were drafted in round 13, they play the Bengals in week 3, the only time I will use them. My rating: great, might have over paid.

Overall I think this is a solid team. I think I'll need to make a deal for some Running Back Depth, or pray to God Lee Suggs gets it going in Cleaveland.

jidar1
08-25-2005, 07:29 AM
I have only been playing fantasy football for 2 years, this is my third and I haven't done so hot, so don't listen to me.
That said, you have no money player, that's the makings of a mediocre team right?

Hoover
08-25-2005, 07:33 AM
I would call McCallister and Green my Money players. In FF you can either get LT or my RB combo, I kinda like having 2 good guys vs 1 Great RB

Predarat
08-25-2005, 08:17 AM
How many teams are in your league? It looks like you are at least solid in just about everything, so when injurys start to pile up you will be ahead of the game.

Hoover
08-25-2005, 08:20 AM
12 team league.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 08:22 AM
It looks to me like you're going to get your ass kicked in week 11 of your league.

Hoover
08-25-2005, 08:23 AM
I can take one loss, but thats it!

Brock
08-25-2005, 08:26 AM
I'd say you and Phobia are in a dead heat for last place.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 08:32 AM
I'd say you and Phobia are in a dead heat for last place.ROFL

Don't just tell him what he wants to hear. Be honest.

ct
08-25-2005, 09:45 AM
I think its OK, I made some great picks, and some bad picks. I'm a little rusty...

QB: Manning, Green, Collins and Culpepper went before I drafted at #10. So getting Bulger in the 6th round I think was good. He is in a great offense, just need to cut his INTs. McNair wast drafted in the 9th, could be a steel if he returns to form. My Rating Solid not great.

RB: I really like McCallisster and Green if they stay healthy. I wanted to draft N. Davenport but someone else drafter him. Suggs is banged up, so I don't have any depth. My Rating Great Starters, no depth.

WR: I drafted Hines Ward in the 3rd, which I thin is right where he should go. Hopefully Rothensburger passes a little more. I love the Coles pick in the 5th, being back with the Jets should be great for him. Bruce and McCardell are solding Fantasy Players. My Rating, Good Starters, Great depth.

TE: What the hell was I thinking taking L.J. Smith in the 7th? I passed on Randy McMichael who I had circled on my sheet but looked like I crossed it off. L.J. Should have a good year, but thats too high. Thorpe is OK, could be great, but who knows.

K: Wilkins, Dome kicker, high scoring offense. I like this pick where I got him in the 11th.

D: I never draft a D high, but I selected the Ravens in the 4th round. I should have waited but there just wasn't any other player that I really wanted. There were some Good WRs and OK Running backs on the board but I opted for what I think is the best defense out there. The Bears were drafted in round 13, they play the Bengals in week 3, the only time I will use them. My rating: great, might have over paid.

Overall I think this is a solid team. I think I'll need to make a deal for some Running Back Depth, or pray to God Lee Suggs gets it going in Cleaveland.

I think you're pretty good, should be competitive for sure, if healthy.

The QBs are good, if McNair can stay healthy he's a good enough backup. Be ready to pull the trigger on Volek though, if need be.

Your weak spot by far is RB depth. Both Deuce and Ahman have some injury history, and Suggs as well, including currently. One sprained ankle and your season is over.

Your WRs are pretty good, I'm not big on McCardell any more, but as your #4, that's a good sleeper. Ward and Coles are excellent starters!

The TEs are weak, but there will be waiver guys to help after the 1st couple weeks, keep your eyes open for these guys.

K and D you're good to go.

KChiefs1
08-25-2005, 10:20 AM

QB: Good
RB: Above Avg
WR: Below Avg
TE: Awful
K: Good
D: Excellent

Looks like a middle of the pack team.

Here's mine:

QB: David Carr
RB: Priest Holmes, Edge James, Jamal Lewis, Cadillac Williams, Cedric Benson
WR: Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Jerry Porter
TE: Chris Cooley, Courtney Anderson
K: Wilkins
D: Chiefs

As you can tell I always go early for RB's with a sleeper WR thrown in....I'm hoping to make a trade for a better QB & possibly get LJ as a handcuff.

chagrin
08-25-2005, 10:21 AM
"I made some great picks..."

Ummm, where are they?

Hoover
08-25-2005, 10:25 AM

Here's mine:

As you can tell I always go early for RB's with a sleeper WR thrown in....I'm hoping to make a trade for a better QB & possibly get LJ as a handcuff.
How many teams are in your league? I love your backs, and your WRs should be good too.

As for having an awful TE, there are only 1 worth a high draft pick and thats TG. I don't know why people tend not to Value Coles and Ward. Both IMO are top 10-15 WRs, and should have great years.

Hoover
08-25-2005, 10:26 AM
"I made some great picks..."

Ummm, where are they?
Green in Round 2 was a steal. MCCallister in the first is solid.

I picked 10th out of 12 teams.

I'm Sorry my team doesn't include Peyton Manning, Priest Holmes and LT.

KChiefs1
08-25-2005, 10:30 AM
How many teams are in your league? I love your backs, and your WRs should be good too.

As for having an awful TE, there are only 1 worth a high draft pick and thats TG. I don't know why people tend not to Value Coles and Ward. Both IMO are top 10-15 WRs, and should have great years.

12 teams. I love my backs too! I think my WR's will be real good too. I usually don't go QB, TE, PK or Def early & I somehow get by if my RB's/WR's are producing for me week after week.

I'm down on Coles because he screwed me royally last year & I know he's back with Pennington this year, but I can't get myself to say he's good. I just have a funny feeling about Ward this year for some reason. I'm not saying they are bad, but I didn't want them.

ct
08-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Here's mine:

QB: Weak! Carr's a decent backup, but you had better make a move here.
RB: WOW Dude! Outstanding RB corp. Maybe you can parlay Benson into another backup level QB. You could survive with 2 backup level QBs, and have no need for Benson.
WR: Very nice, good starters and good depth.
TE: OI!
D: Risky...

Overall - B.

Phobia
08-25-2005, 10:32 AM
I think your team sucks, Hoov. You're gonna lose to a girl again this year.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 10:34 AM

Here's mine:

As you can tell I always go early for RB's with a sleeper WR thrown in....I'm hoping to make a trade for a better QB & possibly get LJ as a handcuff.Holmes, Edge, and Jamal Lewis? What is it, a 4 team league? Then Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne?

You are either in a league with your mom, or a league of "special needs" kids.

chagrin
08-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Holmes, Edge, and Jamal Lewis? What is it, a 4 team league? Then Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne?

Well, who else is in the league...

DJJasonp
08-25-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm betting Isaac Bruce ends up with more touchdowns for you than Hines Ward.....I cant see Big Ben following up last year with a great year this year....

That said....you have a solid team....no "wows" (unless McCallister goes off this year)....

Mr. Laz
08-25-2005, 10:42 AM
boom/bust imo

which McNair you gonna get
mccalister coming off of injury
coles back in NY could be great

your team sure has potiential, depends whether certain players go back to their great days.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Well, who else is in the league...His mom, his grandmother, and his twin 8 year old sisters make up the rest of the league.

Seriously. How do you get 3 top 15 RBs (top 10 IMO), and 2 top 15 WRs in a 12 man league?

KChiefs1
08-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Holmes, Edge, and Jamal Lewis? What is it, a 4 team league? Then Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne?

Close...a bunch of Bronco & Charger fans! ROFL

I got Priest with the 7th pick of the draft. Edge in the 2nd & how could I pass up Lewis in the 3rd? They actually were giving me a hard time because of Priest's injury & Lewis jail time....I told em to just wait & see after I run their asses in the ground!

I happen to think Carr in his 3rd year with Johnson could be a sleeper play here....Dom Davis gives him a running game too.

SNR
08-25-2005, 10:46 AM
It sucks. So do you.

You will all bow to the penis!!

Kyle401
08-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Close...a bunch of Bronco & Charger fans! ROFL

I got Priest with the 7th pick of the draft. Edge in the 2nd & how could I pass up Lewis in the 3rd? They actually were giving me a hard time because of Priest's injury & Lewis jail time....I told em to just wait & see after I run their asses in the ground!

I happen to think Carr in his 3rd year with Johnson could be a sleeper play here....Dom Davis gives him a running game too.

Victor Riley is Carr's LT so I'm having a hard time buying into the hype that Carr (and Johnson) will have a better year. The rest of the line hasn't proven to be able to pass block either. Carr has been sacked something like 140 times in the last 3 years. It's hard to throw from your back.

Iowanian
08-25-2005, 11:05 AM
same league as Hoover.....whats the consensus on the savage Midgets?

QB:
M Vick
C Palmer

RB:
L Tomlinson
R Johnson
T Henry
D Foster
WR:
D Jackson
T Williamson
C Johnson

TE
K Mangum
A Crumpler

K
J Brown

D Seahawks
D Cowboys

ct
08-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Seriously. How do you get 3 top 15 RBs (top 10 IMO), and 2 top 15 WRs in a 12 man league?

While all other teams are overly concerned about getting a top QB and TE, he garnered a great RB3 and WR2. Well done, IMO. But I really would have grabbed another QB later.

Phobia
08-25-2005, 11:08 AM

Savage Midgets? 12th place is a lock, I'd say. Pretty much like last year.

Stinger
08-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Oh what the heck (rookie year at FF)

QB:
P. Manning
S. McNair

WR:
T. Holt
C. Chambers
J. Galloway
I. Bruce

RB:
S. Jackson
B. Westbrook
J. Bettis

TE:
A. Crumpler
C. Cooley

K:
S. Graham

DEF:
Atlanta

Phobia
08-25-2005, 11:34 AM
(rookie year at FF)

No?!?!?

Why couldn't you have joined our league?

Brock
08-25-2005, 11:35 AM
No?!?!?

Don't complain, he might have taken your Kurt Warner pick. (snicker)

Stinger
08-25-2005, 11:48 AM
No?!?!?

Didn't see the thread until you guys were full. Hehe plus I didn't want Iowanian too feel too bad when he got last place, and lost to a rookie :D

ct
08-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Oh what the heck (rookie year at FF)

QB:
P. Manning
S. McNair

WR:
T. Holt
C. Chambers
J. Galloway
I. Bruce

RB:
S. Jackson
B. Westbrook
J. Bettis

TE:
A. Crumpler
C. Cooley

K:
S. Graham

DEF:
Atlanta

Ummm...good luck!

rookies :shake:

SNR
08-25-2005, 12:34 PM
May as well open my team up to criticism before they crush you like a giant crushing thingy

QB: Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich
RB: Jamal Lewis, Lamont Jordan, Michael Bennett
WR: Torry Holt, Andre Johnson, Chris Chambers, Brandon Stokley
TE: Todd Heap, Jim Kleinsasser
K: Jeff Reed
DST: Vikings, Dolphins

Hoover
08-25-2005, 12:43 PM

QB:
M Vick
C Palmer

RB:
L Tomlinson
R Johnson
T Henry
D Foster
WR:
D Jackson
T Williamson
C Johnson

TE
K Mangum
A Crumpler

K
J Brown

D Seahawks
D Cowboys

LT is a stud, best player in FF. Johnson is an OK number 2 back but nothing more. I think Foster could suprise. The running backs are the strenght of your team, the rest is solid.

In our draft I would have a couple spaces sooner.

Phobia
08-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Don't complain, he might have taken your Kurt Warner pick. (snicker)

I readily admit the Warner pick was a stretch. But anybody who has watched Denny Green coach for the past decade has faith in his fantasy QB's - especially when he has 3 of the better WR's to go with him.

Phobia
08-25-2005, 12:49 PM
May as well open my team up to criticism before they crush you like a giant crushing thingy

I don't even recognize half those names. I figured Michael Bennett retired 4 years ago. You look like a filthy dolphins lover. Why anybody would want ANY dolphin on their fantasy team is a mystery to me.

SNR
08-25-2005, 12:54 PM
I don't even recognize half those names. I figured Michael Bennett retired 4 years ago. You look like a filthy dolphins lover. Why anybody would want ANY dolphin on their fantasy team is a mystery to me.You can make your worst fear go away temporarily by denying it, but in the end you must still meet it face to face

KChiefs1
08-25-2005, 10:11 PM
While all other teams are overly concerned about getting a top QB and TE, he garnered a great RB3 and WR2. Well done, IMO. But I really would have grabbed another QB later.

I just got offered Brett Favre & Javon Walker for Jamal Lewis & David Carr.. Eventhough Favre is a superior QB to Carr, I just don't think it's that big of an upgrade. Walker is definitely a top 5 quality WR, but WR is not one of my weak spots. What QB should I be able to get for Lewis? Manning's owner won't trade & neither will Culpepper's.

Mile High Mania
08-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Hoover

I like your QBs, Bulger should do really well and McNair as a #2 is not bad. I like your 1-2 punch at RB, but Suggs is wearing a boot and not the fashionable cowboy type either. You need to replace him I think your WRs are set and while Coles burned me last season, I like his chances at doing well with the Jets. TE’s are nice, I’m just not a fan of Smith. K/Def are good.

Suggs is the only major concern to me, depth is very bare.

Overall Grade = B-

Iowanian
QB:M Vick, C Palmer
RB:L Tomlinson, R Johnson, T Henry, D Foster
WR: D Jackson, T Williamson, C Johnson
TE: K Mangum, A Crumpler
K: J Brown
D Seahawks, Cowboys

Personally, I think Palmer is going to be the better QB. You may be able to ship Vick to another team to beef up your WR group. You have a tight 1-2 punch at RB, Henry appears to be gimped up a little and staring at a RBBC. I like Foster as your #4, if healthy that guy is a steal there. I think you’re set here. WRs… Jackson and Johnson are top caliber and I like the Palmer/Johnson combo. I’m not a fan of Williamson yet, but he has a lot of potential. Your depth at receiver and Mangum would concern me, but Crumpler is your guy. K/Def … fine at this point, it’s such a crapshoot with defenses.

Your depth at WR isn’t solid so I would really look to improve it.

Overall Grade = B

SNR

Very solid team. QBs could be questionable only b/c Pennington has injury concerns and can Byron be a 3,300 yard 20+ TD QB? The offense appears to be getting there. I like your 3 RBs and I like your top 3 WRs. Heap should have an expanded role in that offense now that there are real NFL receivers in the mix. K/Def… very nice.

Overall Grade = B-

Stinger
QB: P. Manning , S. McNair
WR: T. Holt , C. Chambers, J. Galloway , I. Bruce
RB: S. Jackson , B. Westbrook, J. Bettis
TE: A. Crumpler , C. Cooley
K: S. Graham
DEF: Atlanta

Peyton is greatness, but he won’t reproduce 2004. Still – he’s the best in the game for fantasy. Holt and Chambers are solid receivers, but I don’t know about having both Holt and Bruce. It’s not advised to start 2 WRs from the same team. Galloway… I’m not high on him as a consistent producer. The group of TE’s is very nice, never hurts to have one of the best (Crumpler) lining up. The big question mark is your RB group. Jackson is the starter, but how much will he lose to Faulk. Westbrook is more of a receiving threat than a true RB, but with Buckhalter out and Moats being a rookie, he should be in line to produce big numbers. Bettis… well, it’s looking like 2004 all over again, but I wouldn’t expect those types of numbers again. K/Def… Graham is ok and the Falcons should be solid.

I would find away to improve your RB group. But, having Manning, Holt and Crumpler could help you bridge that lack of firepower a few times.

Overall Grade = C-

jspchief
08-25-2005, 11:34 PM
OK Mile High, what do you think of this one?

QB: Favre, Delhomme
RB: Shaun Alexander. K. Jones, Mewelde Moore, N. Davenport
WR: T.O., Michael Clayton, D. Driver
TE: Wiggens, Cooley
K: Elam
D/ST: Steelers, Cards

SNR
08-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Rep to MHM for a thorough analysis of all the teams

Mile High Mania
08-25-2005, 11:42 PM
OK Mile High, what do you think of this one?

QB: Favre, Delhomme
RB: Shaun Alexander. K. Jones, Mewelde Moore, N. Davenport
WR: T.O., Michael Clayton, D. Driver
TE: Wiggens, Cooley
K: Elam
D/ST: Steelers, Cards

I am a huge fan of Delhomme. I had him last year (backing up Manning) and I think he's set up to do really well this year. I like Gardner in that offense and if they can get some stability at RB - look out.

I like your QB duo, obviously.

RBs - you have a solid top 2. I fear the Vikings RB situation as much as I do Denver. Moore has talent, but Bennett is the guy and there's the rookie, Fason sitting in the wings. Davenport is solid if Green is hurt. Great duo, but your depth concerns me.

WR - very nice trio. Owens can have a nice season even if he doesn't talk to McNabb and I really like Clayton. Driver is solid and a nice combo with your QB.

TE - it's an ok group, but could be (likely should be) improved.

K / Def are nice as well.

Overall, your depth at RB and TE as a whole is something I would try to improve.

Mile High Mania
08-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Rep to MHM for a thorough analysis of all the teams

Thanks, I really like reviewing other team's drafts... I have 3 of my own coming up... I like getting a feel for where players are being drafted.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah, Obviously having my depth at RB be back-ups isn't good. Part of it is my feeling that Bennett will get injured again, at which point I see Moore getting the nod over Faison. I also think GB is getting tired of Green's fumbles, and Davenport was getting a lot of work in side the 20s.

I had the choice of Palmer or Delhomme, and just felt like Delhomme is a bit more proven, even though I wanted Palmer.

Happy with my WRs. A #1 and two solid #2s.

TEs were weak by the time I picked. I do think Wiggens will get more work with Moss gone, but Culpepper is just as likely to run one in as throw a short TD pass. He may get the yards, without the scores. Cooley was just because the league forced me to pick another TE.

Overall, I'm happy with what I have as long as both my RBs stay healthy. Jones worries me a bit, simply from an experience standpoint.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Whoa. I just checked my waiver claims, and two went through when I only expected to get one.

I now have Eric Moulds and Keary Colbert, and have dropped Davenport and the Cardinals D.

Eeek. Not sure what I'm going to do with 5 WRs.

Digital Takawira
08-26-2005, 12:36 AM
qb-
carson palmer
byron leftwich
rb-
deuce mcallister
kevin jones
cadillac williams
fred taylor
wr-
chad johnson
larry fitzgerald
eddie kennison
lee evans
te-
jason witten
eric johnson
k-
matt stover
def-
panthers
jets
def. player-
donnie edwards
brian dawkins

Phobia
08-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Whoa. I just checked my waiver claims, and two went through when I only expected to get one.

I now have Eric Moulds and Keary Colbert, and have dropped Davenport and the Cardinals D.

Eeek. Not sure what I'm going to do with 5 WRs.

I'll take one of 'em. I did NOT know waivers were happening this quickly. SHIT!!!

Phobia
08-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Nevermind. I got the guy I wanted. Mike Williams could be big this season.

KChiefs1
08-26-2005, 07:19 AM
MHM can you rate my team?

KChiefs1
08-26-2005, 07:20 AM
I just got offered Brett Favre & Javon Walker for Jamal Lewis & David Carr.. Eventhough Favre is a superior QB to Carr, I just don't think it's that big of an upgrade. Walker is definitely a top 5 quality WR, but WR is not one of my weak spots. What QB should I be able to get for Lewis? Manning's owner won't trade & neither will Culpepper's.

Anyone have any thoughts about this trade? :hmmm:

Brock
08-26-2005, 07:26 AM
Anyone have any thoughts about this trade? :hmmm:

Yeah, make it, if you can live with 2 of your stars sharing a bye week.

Mile High Mania
08-26-2005, 07:46 AM

How many teams in this league? At some point, you'll need a backup QB and while Carr has put up yardage, he's never been "prolific". That being said, I do think he has top prospects this season for being a top 12 QB... he's borderline right now though.

RBs... the only weakness is that Benson is as close to playing in the NFL as I am at this point, but he's your #5 and that's solid. I don't know how you picked up the likes of Holmes, James and Lewis - but, I dare say there is no finer trio.

I also like your WRs a lot. Johnson is a stud and Wayne and Porter are solid #2 options in what should be the top passing games in 2005. Smith is returning from injury, but I like the Panthers a lot and I think he can do great things.

Your TE's are on the "kinda average with lots of potential" side of the equation. K/Def... solid optoins.

Overall, QB depth is not there... Carr is a high #2 fantasy type of QB and your TEs are lacking, but the power at RB and WR is amazing.

Mile High Mania
08-26-2005, 07:54 AM
I don't know if I would do the trade... very tempting though.

jspchief
08-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Anyone have any thoughts about this trade? :hmmm:You definately need the QB, but you don't need really Walker. Trading away Lewis would leave you with two complete unknown's as back-up RBs. I'd see if the guy has a #2/3 RB in place of Walker. It may drop the overall value of the trade, but might help your team more.

Maybe even a three man trade with Favre, Walker, and one of that guy's RBs, for Lewis, Carr, and one of your WRs. That way you wouldn't completely lose your depth at RB, you would upgrade your QB, and you would upgrade your WR over all but Andre Johnson.

Mile High Mania
08-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Thinking out loud, but what about Porter, Carr and Cadillac for Favre and Walker?

You upgrade your QB... keep your top 3 RBs and you replace a top #2 WR with a strong #1. Dunno if the other guy would go for it...

I dunno though, I think Carr could really take off this year, here's the 1st 3 seasons.

2002 hou | 16 | 233 444 52.5 2592 5.8 9 15 | 59 282 3 |
2003 hou | 12 | 167 295 56.6 2013 6.8 9 13 | 27 151 2 |
2004 hou | 16 | 285 466 61.2 3531 7.6 16 14 | 73 299 0

He had a nice completion % last year, solid yardage, it's just the TDs that need to improve...

Iowanian
08-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Add Sammy Parker in exchange for the Seattle D to the Savage Midget roster...........with a mediocre TE about to be swapped out for another player.

Coming to a FFB site near you this saturday morning....

Parker is obviously only a #2, but I'm liking what I see so far enough for a backup. Little risk FA WR Depth.

jspchief
08-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Add Sammy Parker in exchange for the Seattle D to the Savage Midget roster...........with a mediocre TE about to be swapped out for another player.

Coming to a FFB site near you this saturday morning....

Parker is obviously only a #2, but I'm liking what I see so far enough for a backup. Little risk FA WR Depth.Parker was actually #2 on my waiver list after Moulds.

The tough thing about KC WRs in fantasy is they are never consistent. It seems like one week it will be Kennison, the next week it will be Gonzo, then the next week it's Morton (Parker). They put up decent overall numbers, they just don't produce consistently.

It will be interesting to see if that changes with Parker.

Mile High Mania
08-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Parker was actually #2 on my waiver list after Moulds.

The tough thing about KC WRs in fantasy is they are never consistent. It seems like one week it will be Kennison, the next week it will be Gonzo, then the next week it's Morton (Parker). They put up decent overall numbers, they just don't produce consistently.

It will be interesting to see if that changes with Parker.

That's what drives me crazy... :banghead: KC's #1 and #2 receivers are most often the 3rd and 4th options in the passing game. Those guys are as hard to figure out (from a "who to start" point of view) as the NE receivers.

jspchief
08-26-2005, 09:07 AM
That's what drives me crazy... :banghead: KC's #1 and #2 receivers are most often the 3rd and 4th options in the passing game. Those guys are as hard to figure out (from a "who to start" point of view) as the NE receivers.Yep, Kennison was comparable last year to guys like Isaac Bruce, Jimmy Smith, and Derrick Mason (was better than Andre Johnson), but he didn't get it done every week. He had 6 games where he caught 3 balls or less.

NE is a good comparison. I had Branch last year, and never knew which WR would be flavor of the week, so rarely played him.

Iowanian
08-26-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm assuming Chad Johnson and Daryl Jackson will be my regular starters. I picked up parker, and the Viking as "spot duty" WRs if they have a really good matchup, or bust loose.

If nothing else....aquire some potential Tradebait for later

KChiefs1
08-26-2005, 10:16 AM
How many teams in this league? At some point, you'll need a backup QB and while Carr has put up yardage, he's never been "prolific". That being said, I do think he has top prospects this season for being a top 12 QB... he's borderline right now though.

RBs... the only weakness is that Benson is as close to playing in the NFL as I am at this point, but he's your #5 and that's solid. I don't know how you picked up the likes of Holmes, James and Lewis - but, I dare say there is no finer trio.

I also like your WRs a lot. Johnson is a stud and Wayne and Porter are solid #2 options in what should be the top passing games in 2005. Smith is returning from injury, but I like the Panthers a lot and I think he can do great things.

Your TE's are on the "kinda average with lots of potential" side of the equation. K/Def... solid optoins.

Overall, QB depth is not there... Carr is a high #2 fantasy type of QB and your TEs are lacking, but the power at RB and WR is amazing.

12 team NFL.com league. Mainly Bronco & Charger fans with a couple of Chiefs fans & one Raider fan.

I had to change my plan during the draft due to the fact Edge & Lewis were still there in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. I just couldn't pass them up but I missed out on the run of QB's obviously. I had targeted Trent Green or Kerry Collins for later but both were gone in the by time I picked in the 4th round. I realize my QB & TE's are weak but do have potential. I feel real good about my RB's & WR's, but if you have strength there you will always be weak in other places. But those are the positions to be strong in definitely.

I would like to somehow use my depth of talent there to get Manning or Culpepper, but their owners have basically said no way no how. I think I'll just lay low until they start hurting & come begging to me. I think I can get more than Favre/Walker for Carr/Lewis...but not right now.

ct
08-26-2005, 12:18 PM
qb-
carson palmer
byron leftwich
rb-
deuce mcallister
kevin jones
cadillac williams
fred taylor
wr-
chad johnson
larry fitzgerald
eddie kennison
lee evans
te-
jason witten
eric johnson
k-
matt stover
def-
panthers
jets
def. player-
donnie edwards
brian dawkins

Holy Smokes, what I would to for that RB tandem!! I like Palmer to break out this year, but if I'm wrong, then your QBs are below average. Your WRs are below average overall. Love Palmer/Johnson combo, and the other 3 are serviceable but not great. Only Evans really has the chance to be great, but likely not this year with Losman. Excellent TE combo! And you K and D are solid.

Overall A-, might consider moving a RB for another top flight wideout. If you can go with 1WR and 3 RBs, man you are gonna be tough!

ct
08-26-2005, 12:22 PM

Your trade offer to receive Favre and Walker for Lewis and Carr, I just don't see why you want to do this? You have absolutely no need to another top WR, basically you'd be wasting studs on the bench, with an upgrade at QB, but not a big upgrade. And it still leaves you with only 1 QB.

Maybe Cadillac for Favre straight up?

Mile High Mania
08-26-2005, 12:56 PM
qb-
carson palmer
byron leftwich
rb-
deuce mcallister
kevin jones
cadillac williams
fred taylor
wr-
chad johnson
larry fitzgerald
eddie kennison
lee evans
te-
jason witten
eric johnson
k-
matt stover
def-
panthers
jets
def. player-
donnie edwards
brian dawkins

Ok ... let's see.

QBs - I like the combo, as Palmer should get to that next level and be a solid 3,300 / 24 TD / 15 INT kinda guy or better. Byron is good in the right matchup for bye weeks and could be awesome trade bait.

RBs - If Williams turns out to be the player they hope for, you're set with that trio. I really like the McAllister/Jones combo this season. Fred Taylor as a #4 is perfect... if he falters, you're not as damaged and if he does well you have excellent depth and trade bait.

WRs - Johnson is a top receiver and he gives you a great QB/WR combo. Fitz should be really good and Evans could too, but I just question whether either is going to be consistent. And, speaking of fantasy inconsistency... "hello Eddie Kennison". Hope that your depth at RB allows you to parlay something into a serious upgrade here. There is a ton of potential, but it's rare to hit on all of them.

TEs - Witten and Johnson. I like Witten a lot and I don't care much for any 49ers this season. Smells like a flip flop of Smith/Rattay this year and EJ was hurt earlier this preseason. Nothing major, but doesn't help his value in that offense.

K/Def - I like each of the ones you have for this season. How old is Edwards now...

Overall... your WRs really concern me from a "week to week" points producing perspective. Too much room for hit and miss to me.

Big Slick
08-26-2005, 01:59 PM

Do this trade in a heartbeat while Jamal Lewis still has trade value. He's a bust waiting to happen this year. He's coming off injury, been in jail all offseason with no contact/rehab with team, just getting to camp, plus they're paying Chester Taylor almost as much as Jamal to be his "backup". Throw in the Boller-sucks factor, get something for him while you can! True, you don't have a need at WR, but maybe that depth will lead to a follow on trade to shore up some other weakness. Plus injuries happen, so depth is a good thing. And you still have some depth at RB, I think. Unproven, but should pan out.

In summary, you'll be getting 2 players who imo are better than either of the ones your giving up. Do the deal!

Bootlegged
08-14-2006, 05:55 AM
10 team league.

QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, K, DEF

McNabb/Carr
S. Jackson/L. Jordan/C. Taylor/F Taylor/Rhodes
C. Chambers/Wayne/Horn/Mason/M Jones/B. Edwards
J. Witten
Tynes
Tampa Bay