PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with Trent Green?

bobbything
08-25-2005, 07:43 AM
If you were to ask me, I'd say probably nothing. However, if you listen to any local media, everyone seems to be "concerned" as to why he "hasn't looked very good" so far.

Apparently, he looked "awful" at practice yesterday. Throwing ducks all over the field. But, really, in the first two pre-season games I thought he looked fine. In the first game he looked fine. He would have looked even better if Horn and Gonzo could have held onto two dropped balls.

In the second game he underthrew a pass to Parker and lowballed a pass to Kennison, but that's about it. Otherwise he seemed fine to me.

Just wondering if anyone else thinks he looks as bad as the media is making him out to be. Maybe they're just looking for more to pile on.

Last season they were saying that Green has "never looked as accurate as he did" in the 2004 training camp. Pimping him all up. Then what happens? He starts off the season with 0 TD's and about 3 or 4 INT's.

I'll take what they say with a grain of salt.

Kyle401
08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Damnit Carl!! :cuss:

siberian khatru
08-25-2005, 07:46 AM
On my list of Chiefs concerns, Green is ...

... way down here. :)

Count Zarth
08-25-2005, 07:46 AM
It's all BS. As far as I can tell, he's played at the same level that he was playing at in the preseason last year.

There are ALOT more pressing concerns on this team.

Brock
08-25-2005, 07:47 AM
Stop listening to Keitzman.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 07:48 AM
Green always sucks the first few games of the year. Why should this year be any different?

bobbything
08-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Stop listening to Keitzman.
It's not him, really. It's everyone from 810 to 610.

KCTitus
08-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Ive noticed it too, breaking down game film on the TC website and listening to preseason games on the radio has shown some real problems with Green.

I think it's safe to say at this point, but this and this alone will be the reason why KC doesnt win the SB this year.

Count Zarth
08-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Ive noticed it too, breaking down game film on the TC website and listening to preseason games on the radio has shown some real problems with Green.

I think it's safe to say at this point, but this and this alone will be the reason why KC doesnt win the SB this year.

ROFL

siberian khatru
08-25-2005, 07:51 AM

Don't blame Green. Blame Carl for not recognizing that Green is losing it and not acquiring a legit QB to replace him this season. :cuss:

Count Zarth
08-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Why didn't we keep Jason White? DAMMIT CARL!

KCTitus
08-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Don't blame Green. Blame Carl for not recognizing that Green is losing it and not acquiring a legit QB to replace him this season. :cuss:

You know Carl...if he had recognized it, he would have just drafted another Blackledge like he did in the 80's. *sigh*

Brock
08-25-2005, 07:55 AM
They've had a good starter sitting on the bench for about 10 years. It is time to recognize that it's Todd Time.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-25-2005, 08:03 AM
they're just hiding his special skills 'till the regular season

htismaqe
Keitzman wasn't talking about Trent Green yesterday.

bobbything was listening to 610 yesterday afternoon, and his critique of Green matches their words exactly, right down to the "fact" that Green "was throwing ducks all over the field."

Diversify your radio listening, dude. It will help tremendously.

Chiefnj
Here is what is wrong with Green:
1. He typically starts off slow.
2. He hasn't had his entire customary OL in front of him so he's getting pressured a little more and probably doesn't have as much faith in the backups so he wants to deliver the ball a little quicker - just in case.
3. Aside from Kennison and Gonzo, the latter who hasn't seen much playing time, he is still getting used to working with guys like Parker and Wilson and Booth and all the other 2nd and 3rd tier WRs. It takes time to get on the same page. And in all honesty the first few weeks of the regular season may be ugly for Trent and the #2 and #3 receiver. There is likely to be some confusion on the receiver's part once all of Saunders' complicated motions come into play. Trent might be looking bad because the receiver isn't in the right place.

jidar1
08-25-2005, 08:11 AM
It takes a game or 2 for him to get into rythm. I think this is part of why hes going to see more preseason action this year in the last two games.
I'm not worried about Green, he will be fine and sooner rather than later.

Brock
I can't believe anybody could find fault with Trent Green at this point. That is just ridiculous. I'm glad I don't listen to sports radio, I guess.

bobbything
Diversify your radio listening, dude. It will help tremendously.
Oh, I do. I flip back and forth constantly. Fescoe and St. John were talking about it this morning too. Saying how awful Green has looked so far.

I just don't see what they see I guess. I think he has looked fine so far. Nothing spectacular, but, he's not a spectacular quarterback. So, where's the problem?

htismaqe
08-25-2005, 08:16 AM
Oh, I do. I flip back and forth constantly. Fescoe and St. John were talking about it this morning too. Saying how awful Green has looked so far.

I just don't see what they see I guess. I think he has looked fine so far. Nothing spectacular, but, he's not a spectacular quarterback. So, where's the problem?

That doesn't surprise me. I think 610 and 810 are listening to each others shows now in an effort to get "scoops".

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-25-2005, 08:16 AM
Maybe Green doesn't look as good in practice because the defense is getting better.....?

Count Zarth
08-25-2005, 08:17 AM
Dammit...can we please hide this thread before Taco John sees it?

KCTitus
08-25-2005, 08:17 AM
They've had a good starter sitting on the bench for about 10 years. It is time to recognize that it's Todd Time.

LOL...

bobbything
08-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Maybe Green doesn't look as good in practice because the defense is getting better.....?
You know, that's kind of what I was thinking. You would imagine that, after 4 years of practicing against Green every day, that at some point he's going to become predictable.

htismaqe
08-25-2005, 08:19 AM

They did talk a little about that on 610 yesterday...

the Talking Can
08-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Green's problem is that he isn't Jake Plunger. By which I mean, if he were Jake Plunger the expectations would be much lower.

Count Zarth
08-25-2005, 08:20 AM
Seriously. Plummer has looked quite good in preseason.

I predict 100 replies if Taco gets here in time.

Uatu
08-25-2005, 08:20 AM
:rolleyes:

Ari Chi3fs
08-25-2005, 08:24 AM
I recently stopped listening to sports radio, and during the time I used to listen, I have substituted http://www.teach12.com/teach12.asp?ai=16281 audio courses... unreal shit... look for 'ttc' in your fav torrent search and you will find shitloads.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Trent Green is no Michael Vick, that's for sure.

tomahawk kid
08-25-2005, 08:36 AM
ROFL

Katy bar the door.

Hide the women and children.

Get the provisions.

If anyone needs me, I'll be jumping off the Paseo bridge......

:)

ck_IN
08-25-2005, 08:44 AM
I didn't see the 2nd game but I did see the 1st. Green looked like his normal self to me.

As long as they keep to the throws he can make and away from those he can't he should be fine.

ROYC75
08-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Katy bar the door.

Hide the women and children.

Get the provisions.

If anyone needs me, I'll be jumping off the Paseo bridge......

For safety reasons, jump from the middle of the bridge, the sides are shallow.

tomahawk kid
08-25-2005, 09:04 AM
For safety reasons, jump from the middle of the bridge, the sides are shallow.

Thanks for the tip.

Frankie
08-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Green's problem is that he isn't Jake Plunger. By which I mean, if he were Jake Plunger the expectations would be much lower.

"Jake Plunger" ROFL ROFL That sounds pretty funny to me. Pretty creative, TC. Worth about 3/4 rep which I will round up for you.

Bowser
08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
I move we change Ali Chi3fs to Ali Spammer.

:p

Dartgod
08-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Here is what is wrong with Green:
1. He typically starts off slow.
2. He hasn't had his entire customary OL in front of him so he's getting pressured a little more and probably doesn't have as much faith in the backups so he wants to deliver the ball a little quicker - just in case.
3. Aside from Kennison and Gonzo, the latter who hasn't seen much playing time, he is still getting used to working with guys like Parker and Wilson and Booth and all the other 2nd and 3rd tier WRs. It takes time to get on the same page. And in all honesty the first few weeks of the regular season may be ugly for Trent and the #2 and #3 receiver. There is likely to be some confusion on the receiver's part once all of Saunders' complicated motions come into play. Trent might be looking bad because the receiver isn't in the right place.
4. He's lost his burst.

NewChief
08-25-2005, 10:23 AM
4. He's lost his burst.

KEEP F'ING DOUBTING TRENT GREEN!!! :cuss:

One classic trumps another.

TRR
08-25-2005, 10:26 AM
The reason Green isn't up to snuff yet, is because of the time he had off during TC. He barely threw once a day in TC. I honestly believe he is still shaking the rust off. After Saturday's game against Seattle, he should be ready to go. He'll get nearly 3 quarters of work on Saturday.

Green has looked fine in preseason games thus far...

Frankie
08-25-2005, 10:29 AM
4. He's lost his burst.

Gee I hope that was sarcasm. Cuz otherwise it's not a very bright post.

TRR
08-25-2005, 10:30 AM

No, that was him making fun of an idiot.

Frankie
08-25-2005, 10:32 AM
No, that was him making fun of an idiot.
Good. I stand corrected.

Dartgod
08-25-2005, 10:51 AM
No, I was freakin' serious. He lost his burst. Can't hit the hole like he used to... :rolleyes:

Rausch
08-25-2005, 10:54 AM
You know Carl...if he had recognized it, he would have just drafted another Blackledge like he did in the 80's. *sigh*

He's just starting the wrong guy. The 0dd T0dd has proven he's a profile guy and Carl's benching him for political reasons...

Frankie
08-25-2005, 11:01 AM
No, I was freakin' serious. He lost his burst. Can't hit the hole like he used to... :rolleyes:
Chill dude. It's already taken care of.

PS- Smilies are meant to indicate sarcasm and such.

TyWebb
08-25-2005, 11:01 AM

Carl didn't draft Blackledge...We took Todd as the 7th pick in the 1983 draft and Carl wasn't with Chiefs until 1998.

Bowser
08-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Carl didn't draft Blackledge...We took Todd as the 7th pick in the 1983 draft and Carl wasn't with Chiefs until 1998.

You'll have to forgive Titus, he never has his facts straight......

Mr. Laz
08-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Green hurt his toe and is having a little trouble pushing off on passes right now apparently.

don't think it's any kind of long term thing

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 11:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with Green. Both stations are limited on things to complain about after both the first team offense and defense played well the last preseason game.

If any of have listened to sports radio for any amount of time, you'd catch on that a lot of what they say is BS. They'll say or do anything to get ratings, that's what it's all about.

NewChief
08-25-2005, 11:17 AM

It's an inside joke about how people love to blame everything on Carl. You've only got 4 posts under your belt, but I'll give you a good insider's viewpoint into the Planet: KCTitus works through subterfuge, subtlety and sarcasm. His ways are enigma. Anything and everything he posts should be taken with a grain of salt as his actual stance on the issue is probably 180 degrees from whatever he posted.

Oh yeah. And welcome to the Planet!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 11:20 AM
It's an inside joke about how people love to blame everything on Carl. You've only got 4 posts under your belt, but I'll give you a good insider's viewpoint into the Planet: KCTitus works through subterfuge, subtlety and sarcasm. His ways are enigma. Anything and everything he posts should be taken with a grain of salt as his actual stance on the issue is probably 180 degrees from whatever he posted.

Oh yeah. And welcome to the Planet!

Damn I hate noobs... :shake:

Dartgod
08-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Chill dude. It's already taken care of.

PS- Smilies are meant to indicate sarcasm and such.
Sorry, I just assumed that "Trent has lost his burst" would automatically be interpreted as sarcasm. I'll be sure to check with you next time on proper smiley usage.

BTW, which is the proper smiley for "I'm just being an asshole" posts?

:harumph: :huh: :eek: :shake: :rolleyes: :#

KCChiefsFan88
08-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't know, but based on what I've seen from Trent in the 2 preseason games he hasn't looked bad, considering he's been without a lot of regulars on offense (no INTs thrown, a decent completion %).

Why is it certain people in the KC media are ready to rip into Trent for a bad practice, yet they treat the Royals with kid gloves during their 19 game losing streak.

Higher expectations maybe?

tomahawk kid
08-25-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't know, but based on what I've seen from Trent in the 2 preseason games he hasn't looked bad, considering he's been without a lot of regulars on offense (no INTs thrown, a decent completion %).

Why is it certain people in the KC media are ready to rip into Trent for a bad practice, yet they treat the Royals with kid gloves during their 19 game losing streak.

Higher expectations maybe?

Mostly because 810 is the flagship station of the Royals, and Bob Fescoe is a f#cking a$$-monkey.

htismaqe
08-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Green hurt his toe and is having a little trouble pushing off on passes right now apparently.

don't think it's any kind of long term thing

I've heard 610 reporting that his toe is "sore" but everything coming from the team, the Star, and Holthus is that his toe is "numb".

Bowser
08-25-2005, 11:53 AM
I've heard 610 reporting that his toe is "sore" but everything coming from the team, the Star, and Holthus is that his toe is "numb".

Did they give an explanation of what is causing it to be numb?

KCTitus
08-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Did they give an explanation of what is causing it to be numb?

Ever since Green kicked that security person in the ass that was trying to pull Collins down from that speaker it's been a bit tender/numb.

StcChief
08-25-2005, 12:18 PM
don't worry, be happy.

Trent is fine and will prove on 9/11.

the Talking Can
08-25-2005, 12:19 PM

welcome to the planet...you've been hooked

chiefz
08-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Lets be concerned with a QB that has thrown for 4000+ yards in two consective regular seasons, yet hasn't played a snap yet that means diddly squat.

siberian khatru
08-25-2005, 12:40 PM

It never fails.

Frankie
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
BTW, which is the proper smiley for "I'm just being an asshole" posts?

:harumph: :huh: :eek: :shake: :rolleyes: :#
I'll plead the 5th on that so as not to implicate myself.
:p

the Talking Can
08-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Lets be concerned with a QB that has thrown for 4000+ yards in two consective regular seasons, yet hasn't played a snap yet that means diddly squat.

I like your avatar...is that Mitchell?

ROFL

chiefz
08-25-2005, 12:49 PM
I like your avatar...is that Mitchell?

ROFL

Yeah, thats good old FredEx himself, I made it as an emoticon at my site because I like to razz certain folks about him.

chappy
08-25-2005, 12:51 PM
its time to start Huard he is a superstar in the making

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah, thats good old FredEx himself, I made it as an emoticon at my site because I like to razz certainly folks about him.

I think it's a safe bet that he doesn't make the team.

Wouldn't bet money on it, but I wouldn't doubt it...

chiefz
08-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I think it's a safe bet that he doesn't make the team.

Wouldn't bet money on it, but I wouldn't doubt it...

Well, last I heard he could run but really couldn't make cuts and with only two preseason games remaining I can't imagine them carrying a guy like that one the squad that they are still unsure about.

Guess you never know.

Mr. Laz
08-25-2005, 01:05 PM
and you think "sore" or "numb" isn't a sign of some kind of trauma

htismaqe
08-25-2005, 01:34 PM
and you think "sore" or "numb" isn't a sign of some kind of trauma

I never said that.

But as someone who suffers from injury-related arthritis that causes both numbness and pain at different times, I would say that the distinction is rather important. Pain affects functionality in a very different way than numbness.

Area 51
08-25-2005, 02:16 PM
I hear that Lenny Dawson is getting in shape. I'd guess our line could protect him well enough to get us to the playoffs!!

George Blanda might be available too!!

carlos3652
08-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Damn.... I cant believe Scanlon wasnt dropped in hear, lets just put him in at QB, he would have 10,000 yards passing, 5,000 yards running 125 Td's 0 Int in the first game...

tomahawk kid
08-25-2005, 02:25 PM
I hear that Lenny Dawson is getting in shape. I'd guess our line could protect him well enough to get us to the playoffs!!

George Blanda might be available too!!

I pretty sure Lenny Dawson could still smoke Huard in position drills.

tomahawk kid
08-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Damn.... I cant believe Scanlon wasnt dropped in hear, lets just put him in at QB, he would have 10,000 yards passing, 5,000 yards running 125 Td's 0 Int in the first game...

...and have half the women in the stadium impregnated by halftime.

To RICH SCANLON !

Frankie
08-25-2005, 03:41 PM

You know that might be a pretty good training camp PR to have Lenny suite up for one series behind our starting O-line (maybe against reserve D players) to see if he could do a TD drive.

Frankie
08-25-2005, 03:42 PM
But we need him as kicker.

carlos3652
08-25-2005, 03:53 PM
But we need him as kicker.

Hello... Did you not get the memo... Scanlon is and will be the only player on the field for the Chiefs this season... SB here we come...

Scanlon Chief and Scanlon Stadium @ 1 Scanlon Dr....

carlos3652
08-25-2005, 04:10 PM
FWIW:

Preseason Stats
6 series 9/15 82 yards 1 td 0 int QB Rating 97.1

bringbackmarty
08-25-2005, 05:00 PM
looks like green's usual early season numbers to me, a little sluggish but nothing to worry about. Personally, I think he is looking over his shoulder at huard, wondering if his job is in danger. I mean huard is getting all these reps in practice, or was before the injury.

carlos3652
08-25-2005, 05:18 PM
looks like green's usual early season numbers to me, a little sluggish but nothing to worry about. Personally, I think he is looking over his shoulder at huard, wondering if his job is in danger. I mean huard is getting all these reps in practice, or was before the injury.

ROFL... He is worried... I think that is the reason he is throwing interceptions during 11-11 drills... its not our high school defense stopping them... geez... cmon guys, give credit where credit is due...

Damon for Prez...

milkman
08-25-2005, 05:28 PM
FWIW:

Preseason Stats
6 series 9/15 82 yards 1 td 0 int QB Rating 97.1

Wow, Green is sucking up the joint.

Let's trade him while he still has some value. :p

Ninjaman
08-25-2005, 05:30 PM
I heard someone on the radio say Trents been working out to get stronger. Those muscles may need more retraining to get back into the groove of throwing accurately.

mikey23545
08-25-2005, 06:08 PM
I recently stopped listening to sports radio, and during the time I used to listen, I have substituted http://www.teach12.com/teach12.asp?ai=16281 audio courses... unreal shit... look for 'ttc' in your fav torrent search and you will find shitloads.

Thank you so much for this info!

I have heard samples of these before, but couldn't really afford them...I can't believe I never thought of trying a bittorrent search for them. I've already got 4 downloads going, and will probably grab everything I can!

Rep on the way...

Ari Chi3fs
08-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Thank you so much for this info!

I have heard samples of these before, but couldn't really afford them...I can't believe I never thought of trying a bittorrent search for them. I've already got 4 downloads going, and will probably grab everything I can!

Rep on the way...

yeah, i got 20minutes TO WORK... Lunchtime driving around... and 20 minutes FROM WORK, each day... this is an hour of time that Ill already be in the car... now I listen to 2 lectures a day, or one lecture and my chinese language learning program.

NET time [not extra time] utilizing it to the max.

I downloaded...

TTC Yao to Mao-5000 years of Chinese History
TTC Economics
TTC World Philosophy
TTC Physics for non-scientists
TTC Joy of Thinking
TTC Einstein's Theory of Relativity
TTC King Arthur and Chivalry

and a dope audiobook on Nikola Tesla.

very rewarding shit.

mikey23545
08-25-2005, 09:01 PM
So far I got:

TTC The Early Middle Ages
TTC Understanding the Universe

and I am still dl'ing:

TTC Human Prehistory and the First Civilization
TTC History of Freedom

And I am sure there will plenty to follow...Some of yours look pretty interesting, for example..Always been interested by Tesla...

Looks like I might be heading to Walmart for another batch of blank CDs this weekend... :thumb:

Again, many thanks!

Ari Chi3fs
08-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Looks like I might be heading to Walmart for another batch of blank CDs this weekend... :thumb:

Again, many thanks!

no man, you need an mp3 player... and an FM transmitter so you can listen to the mp3s while driving in your car on FM 107.7

Dude, it makes driving ten times more rewarding instead of listening to crap radio.

go to ebay and do a search for Archos mp3 players... get a 20GB for less than $150, easy.

then for $15 buy... http://www.newertech.com/roadtrip

heh. instead of spending $100 for ONE TTC series...

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2005, 02:26 AM
Well, as long as he grows a beard, he should be fine...

KcMizzou
08-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Well, as long as he grows a beard, he should be fine...Heheh... yeah.

Trent will be fine. Let's worry about the defense.

Dr. Chief
08-26-2005, 02:48 AM
Mostly because 810 is the flagship station of the Royals, and Bob Fescoe is a f#cking a$$-monkey.

I'm glad to see that my Pledge Brother from KU is still doing what he does best...stir up shit.