PDA

View Full Version : Anti-War Protesters Target Wounded at Army Hospital.

Eye Patch
08-25-2005, 09:24 AM
ANTI-WAR PROTESTERS TARGET WOUNDED AT ARMY HOSPITAL
Wed Aug 2005 24 21:20:05 ET

Anti-war protestors besieged wounded and disabled soldiers at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, D.C, a new web report will claim!

CNSNews.com is planning to run an expose on Thursday featuring interviews with both protestors and veterans, as well as shots of protest signs with slogans like “Maimed for a Lie.”

The conservative outlet will post video evidence of the wounded veterans being taunted by protesters, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

If this is true... it's another low point for the extreme left.

Radar Chief
08-25-2005, 09:26 AM
http://www.comics.com/editoons/asay/archive/images/asay2005228920825.gif

Eye Patch
08-25-2005, 09:32 AM
You’re right it does sound like the 60’s but not by your cartoon…but by fellow Americans taunting wounded American soldiers.

It’s just a question of time before the term “baby killer” and spitting on service men and women will be the norm.

I expect a few here to get their saliva glands ready.

SBK
08-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Don't you dare question their patriotism! Jerks.

NewChief
08-25-2005, 09:46 AM
If this is true, it's disgraceful and they're a radical fringe. I think, for the most part, that the anti-war faction has been extremely respectful toward the troops so far while maintaining a strong protest of the war despite the constant cries from the right that they'll be calling the troops "baby killers" any day. The anti-war movement has looked nothing at all like the Vietnam anti-war movement to me so far. Maybe that will change, but I think that they're very different times in history with entirely different societal movements occurring.

Radar Chief
08-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Don't you dare question their patriotism! Jerks.

http://www.comics.com/editoons/lester/archive/images/lester2005228910818.gif

;)

ChiefsGirl
08-25-2005, 09:50 AM
If this is true, it's disgraceful and they're a radical fringe.

If it's on the Drudge report, it must be true.

SBK
08-25-2005, 09:54 AM
If this is true, it's disgraceful and they're a radical fringe. I think, for the most part, that the anti-war faction has been extremely respectful toward the troops so far while maintaining a strong protest of the war despite the constant cries from the right that they'll be calling the troops "baby killers" any day. The anti-war movement has looked nothing at all like the Vietnam anti-war movement to me so far. Maybe that will change, but I think that they're very different times in history with entirely different societal movements occurring.

Would a left winger think I made sense if I said that I hate Halliburton, but I support the employees?

NewChief
08-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Would a left winger think I made sense if I said that I hate Halliburton, but I support the employees?

Yes. I hate Wal-Mart, but I support the poor saps that work there.

SBK
08-25-2005, 09:57 AM

ROFL

oldandslow
08-25-2005, 09:57 AM

That analogy really does not work. I may hate the gas companies, but my son is working his way through college by working at a gitngo.

NewChief
08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
ROFL

Here's another:

My wife hates Wal-Mart, and she was one of the poor saps that work there.

jiveturkey
08-25-2005, 10:01 AM
This definately isn't cool.

Brock
08-25-2005, 10:10 AM

Even when they kill shoplifters?

NewChief
08-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Even when they kill shoplifters?

Especially when they do that. They're oppressed man, but they're directing their anger at the wrong dude. Them and the shoplifter should join together in solidarity against THE MAN and take him down.
:bong:

Radar Chief
08-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Especially when they do that. They're oppressed man, but they're directing their anger at the wrong dude. Them and the shoplifter should join together in solidarity against THE MAN and take him down.
:bong:

Word is born
Fight the war, **** the norm
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
The finger to the land of the chains
What? The land of the free?
Whoever told you that is your enemy?

Now something must be done
About vengeance, a badge and a gun
'Cause I'll rip the mike, rip the stage, rip the system
I was born to rage against 'em

Now action must be taken
We don't need the key
We'll break in

Pitt Gorilla
08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
:shake: I had no idea you were being literal with your CP name.

Logical
08-25-2005, 12:45 PM
My personal opinion is that these jerks deserve to be punished for their stupidity, but our right to freedom of expression says otherwise. I do wonder why they were allowed access to Walter Reed since it is a military institution and does not have to allow anyone in not specifically authorized.

go bowe
08-25-2005, 12:54 PM
My personal opinion is that these jerks deserve to be punished for their stupidity, but our right to freedom of expression says otherwise. I do wonder why they were allowed access to Walter Reed since it is a military institution and does not have to allow anyone in not specifically authorized.that's the problem...

if it were legal, i'd throw garbage at these "protesters"...

rotten garbage at that...

but there's no question that they have the legal right to protest...

i agree with vlad, there should be some way for the authorities to keep them off the grounds...

and if i still lived in d.c. i'd be tempted to go down there and start a counter-demonstration...

of course it would help if i was 20 or 30 years younger, too...

Pitt Gorilla
08-25-2005, 01:15 PM
that's the problem...

i agree with vlad, there should be some way for the authorities to keep them off the grounds...

and if i still lived in d.c. i'd be tempted to go down there and start a counter-demonstration...

of course it would help if i was 20 or 30 years younger, too...Man, I agreed with everything you said, until you got to the counter-demonstration. IMO, there is NO greater waste of time or energy than a counter-demonstration. These people often seem worse than the demonstrators and I'm not sure what they accomplish. For example, demonstrators do their thing and get publicity. The audience then forms their opinion about the situation, including the demonstrators. Ususally, it would seem, they either agree with the demonstrators stance (even if they think it folly to demonstrate) or they don't (and usually think the people are idiots). Either way, the issue is made known and people can form their opinions. Then, you have the counter-demonstration [idiots]. These people serve no purpose but to seemingly damage their own side; everyone knows their side exists, as the publicity has probably already taken care of this facet. Basically, these are the people who are so whiny and bitchy that they feel the need to protest the protestors. I simply do not understand this position.

Garcia Bronco
08-25-2005, 01:19 PM
You’re right it does sound like the 60’s but not by your cartoon…but by fellow Americans taunting wounded American soldiers.

It’s just a question of time before the term “baby killer” and spitting on service men and women will be the norm.

I expect a few here to get their saliva glands ready.

I'd go to jail for assault if I ever saw that happen

Area 51
08-25-2005, 01:19 PM
My personal opinion is that these jerks deserve to be punished for their stupidity, but our right to freedom of expression says otherwise. I do wonder why they were allowed access to Walter Reed since it is a military institution and does not have to allow anyone in not specifically authorized.

I believe that WR is an open base. There are no fences or walls to keep the protesters out, unless they have modified the compound since 9/11.

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 01:27 PM
that's the problem...

of course it would help if i was 20 or 30 years younger, too...

I would allow these particular assholes to stand on their own. Why give them any credibility with a counter demonstration. Also, I imagine most anti-war protesters would be appalled by this.

MOF, the only people I can think of who could be considered AW and capable of doing this would be Fred Phelps' monkeys.

Amnorix
08-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Apparently, a bunch of veterans thought of this first.

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/Veterans_Gather_in_Protest_111203.htm

Veterans Gather In Protest for Peace
Walter Reed Backdrop for Rally

By Manny Fernandez
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, November 12, 2003; Page B05

Veterans assembled outside Walter Reed Army Medical Center in the District yesterday for a Veterans Day service unlike most in the region -- to draw attention to the wounded GIs they say are hidden casualties of an unjust war in Iraq.

Their numbers were small and their voices soft. Waving U.S. flags and wearing Army jackets decorated with peace symbol pins, about 30 veterans and their supporters rallied outside the black iron gates of Walter Reed. They stood in the chilly morning wind on a busy stretch of Georgia Avenue NW, on a concrete plaza just off the sidewalk in front of a hospital sign.

Bob Robey, an 82-year-old World War II veteran, said there was nothing ironic about being a veteran for peace. "We are a group of people who have seen war, who have suffered in war, and we want to see wars stopped," said the Wheaton resident. "Patriotism to too many people means pushing against any enemy with all the force we have. It's not unpatriotic to be a peacemaker."

The purpose of the rally, organizers said, was to demonstrate the veterans' opposition to the war and occupation in Iraq, to protest cutbacks in veterans' programs and to highlight the growing number of wounded U.S. soldiers. The Pentagon reports that nearly 2,300 soldiers have been wounded in Operation Iraqi Freedom, and hundreds of them have been treated at Walter Reed, the nation's largest military hospital.

"We are not going to let them be an invisible cost of the war," said Patrick McCann, 51, a Prince George's County high school teacher and member of Veterans for Peace, the activist group that sponsored the all-day vigil. McCann, who served in the Air Force in the early 1970s, said the Pentagon and White House want to keep the wounded out of the public eye to avoid losing support for the occupation of Iraq.

But he and other protesters argued that the best way to show support for troops was to demand their immediate return home and to call attention to wounded GIs who are recuperating. Activists said four members of the group visited four of the wounded in the hospital's Ward 56 on Monday. They said they were not there to recruit or to speak out against the war, but instead to listen to the young men's stories, to drop off cookies and books and to show their support.

Ellen Barfield, 47, an Army veteran and national vice president of Veterans for Peace, said she met two men in their twenties, one with a broken leg and the other who had been shot in the hip. "I think it's just horrendous what our leaders have done to mislead the populace, especially the soldiers," she said.

After a series of morning speeches, the protesters gathered in a circle around Army veteran Al McKegg, who sat before a small electronic keyboard and sang an antiwar ballad he wrote called "Silver Stars." His voice was little more than a whisper beneath the rumbling trucks and buses on Georgia Avenue, and a gray-haired man holding a giant peace sign bowed his head and wiped away tears.

Earlier, someone placed a U.S. flag on a small flagpole, but the wind blew it to the concrete. One veteran quickly and carefully picked it up and stood it upright once more.

Amnorix
08-25-2005, 01:31 PM
BTW, what kind of screwed up name is "Code Pink". I mean, that's just a bad name unless you want to be associated with communism, homosexuality or being general effeminate... :shrug:

Amnorix
08-25-2005, 01:32 PM
My final comments in this thread:

1. If the protestors are holding up signs saying "Wounded for a Lie" and "Bring Our Troops Home Before More are Wounded" or whatever, then that's fine.

2. If they're taunting the wounded or the families, then they should be held down on asphalt by crazed Wal-Mart employees.

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 01:39 PM
My final comments in this thread:

1. If the protestors are holding up signs saying "Wounded for a Lie" and "Bring Our Troops Home Before More are Wounded" or whatever, then that's fine.

2. If they're taunting the wounded or the families, then they should be held down on asphalt by crazed Wal-Mart employees.

I'm finding it hard to believe this story. First off, if you do a Google search for 'Code Pink Women for Peace Walter Reed' you end up with 4 results three of which are blogs and one of which is GOP.USA...

that same shill cover that employed Jeff Gannon. The ONLY 'news' organization reporting this is Cybercast News Service. CNS is Brent Bozell's attempt at RWNJ news. He makes Fox look downright moderate.

I'll believe this story it starts appearing in places other than RWNJ :holdman: .

Radar Chief
08-25-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm finding it hard to believe this story. First off, if you do a Google search for 'Code Pink Women for Peace Walter Reed' you end up with 4 results three of which are blogs and one of which is GOP.USA...

that same shill cover that employed Jeff Gannon. The ONLY 'news' organization reporting this is Cybercast News Service. CNS is Brent Bozell's attempt at RWNJ news. He makes Fox look downright moderate.

I'll believe this story it starts appearing in places other than RWNJ :holdman: .

Ooopps, “Pawn Vanity” was just interviewing one of the protesters.
She’s claiming it’s a “vigil”, though live audio from someone on the scene indicates otherwise.
Pawn also say’s they’re gonna have video on FOX News tonight.

Taco John
08-25-2005, 03:19 PM
I don't think these guys represent anyone anymore than Fred Phelps represents anyone but himself

Pitt Gorilla
08-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Apparently, a bunch of veterans thought of this first.

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/Veterans_Gather_in_Protest_111203.htm

Veterans Gather In Protest for Peace
Walter Reed Backdrop for Rally

By Manny Fernandez
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, November 12, 2003; Page B05

Veterans assembled outside Walter Reed Army Medical Center in the District yesterday for a Veterans Day service unlike most in the region -- to draw attention to the wounded GIs they say are hidden casualties of an unjust war in Iraq.

Their numbers were small and their voices soft. Waving U.S. flags and wearing Army jackets decorated with peace symbol pins, about 30 veterans and their supporters rallied outside the black iron gates of Walter Reed. They stood in the chilly morning wind on a busy stretch of Georgia Avenue NW, on a concrete plaza just off the sidewalk in front of a hospital sign.

Bob Robey, an 82-year-old World War II veteran, said there was nothing ironic about being a veteran for peace. "We are a group of people who have seen war, who have suffered in war, and we want to see wars stopped," said the Wheaton resident. "Patriotism to too many people means pushing against any enemy with all the force we have. It's not unpatriotic to be a peacemaker."

The purpose of the rally, organizers said, was to demonstrate the veterans' opposition to the war and occupation in Iraq, to protest cutbacks in veterans' programs and to highlight the growing number of wounded U.S. soldiers. The Pentagon reports that nearly 2,300 soldiers have been wounded in Operation Iraqi Freedom, and hundreds of them have been treated at Walter Reed, the nation's largest military hospital.

"We are not going to let them be an invisible cost of the war," said Patrick McCann, 51, a Prince George's County high school teacher and member of Veterans for Peace, the activist group that sponsored the all-day vigil. McCann, who served in the Air Force in the early 1970s, said the Pentagon and White House want to keep the wounded out of the public eye to avoid losing support for the occupation of Iraq.

But he and other protesters argued that the best way to show support for troops was to demand their immediate return home and to call attention to wounded GIs who are recuperating. Activists said four members of the group visited four of the wounded in the hospital's Ward 56 on Monday. They said they were not there to recruit or to speak out against the war, but instead to listen to the young men's stories, to drop off cookies and books and to show their support.

Ellen Barfield, 47, an Army veteran and national vice president of Veterans for Peace, said she met two men in their twenties, one with a broken leg and the other who had been shot in the hip. "I think it's just horrendous what our leaders have done to mislead the populace, especially the soldiers," she said.

After a series of morning speeches, the protesters gathered in a circle around Army veteran Al McKegg, who sat before a small electronic keyboard and sang an antiwar ballad he wrote called "Silver Stars." His voice was little more than a whisper beneath the rumbling trucks and buses on Georgia Avenue, and a gray-haired man holding a giant peace sign bowed his head and wiped away tears.

Earlier, someone placed a U.S. flag on a small flagpole, but the wind blew it to the concrete. One veteran quickly and carefully picked it up and stood it upright once more.I wonder what Bush called these people?
:)

Eye Patch
08-25-2005, 04:16 PM
I wonder what Bush called these people?

whatever your bias tells you.

Loki
08-25-2005, 06:24 PM
rage against the machine

good tune dude.

Loki
08-25-2005, 06:28 PM
I imagine most anti-war protesters would be appalled by this.

apparently not, because those spankrags weren't getting their A$$ES KICKED by onlookers...

Baby Lee
08-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I believe that WR is an open base.
I believe it is a closed base, as of this afternoon, but not in the way you're referring to it. ;)

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 07:07 PM

Absolutely. I loathe Donald Trump and all his Trump-ettes but I'm not about to extend that sentiment to the janitor that cleans his toilet or the assistant that keeps his calendar.

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 07:08 PM
I wonder what Bush called these people?

Terrorist supporters.

Duck Dog
08-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Man, I agreed with everything you said, until you got to the counter-demonstration. IMO, there is NO greater waste of time or energy than a counter-demonstration. These people often seem worse than the demonstrators and I'm not sure what they accomplish. For example, demonstrators do their thing and get publicity. The audience then forms their opinion about the situation, including the demonstrators. Ususally, it would seem, they either agree with the demonstrators stance (even if they think it folly to demonstrate) or they don't (and usually think the people are idiots). Either way, the issue is made known and people can form their opinions. Then, you have the counter-demonstration [idiots]. These people serve no purpose but to seemingly damage their own side; everyone knows their side exists, as the publicity has probably already taken care of this facet. Basically, these are the people who are so whiny and bitchy that they feel the need to protest the protestors. I simply do not understand this position.

Good post, you're right.

Duck Dog
08-26-2005, 07:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/duckdog/Antiscum.bmp

Duck Dog
08-26-2005, 07:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/duckdog/Antiscum.bmp