PDA

View Full Version : The good ole' days.....

Marcellus
08-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Anybody remember how peaceful yet exiting the pre-season used to be before the internet?

There was no way to track every bump and bruise, players missing a practice. If you live away from KC there weren't talk shows to listen to so there was no real reason to panic.

I was full of optomism, all the time.

Now don't get me wrong, I couldn't go back to those backwards, hethonistic pre-internet days now. It wouldn' t be civilized.

However, recently it occured to me that my life was much less stressful back then. I didn't worry every hour on the hour if there was something new about the Chiefs posted on the Planet that I couldn't live an hour without knowing.

Thats all.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Tony Gonzalez had a slow and disturbed BM.

I'm concerned.

Phobia
08-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Trent Green tosses back a frosty brew from time to time.
All is lost.

KCTitus
08-25-2005, 12:23 PM
However, recently it occured to me that my life was much less stressful back then. I didn't worry every hour on the hour if there was something new about the Chiefs posted on the Planet that I couldn't live an hour without knowing.

And you called yourself a fan...

Rain Man
08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
I remember on opening day saying things like, "Who the heck is Kevin Ross?" and "Where's Jozwiak? Is he injured or something?" I had no idea what was going in the preseason.

Once I got out of college and got a real job, I started subscribing to the KC Star, even though I've never lived within 100 miles of Kansas City. I got my Chiefs news that way. But before then, it was just a matter of watching the games when they were on TV.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 12:31 PM
I remember back in the early days of Dawson and Otis, I would just watch football and not complain at all. I wouldn't even read the newspaper, well, we didn't have the newspaper then that I can remember. I just watched football, and liked it. I didn't complain like a lot of you youngsters do now. I also remember when gas was 29 cents a gallon. But that's a different topic.

Count Alex's Losses
08-25-2005, 12:46 PM
WTF? I thought Vanilla Thunder was like 28.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 12:49 PM
WTF? I thought Vanilla Thunder was like 28.

I don't die.

Everyone knows I'm a god. Where you been?

I'm not 28, btw, that's old.

Count Alex's Losses
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't die.

I'm not 28, btw, that's old.

You couldn't possibly have watched Otis and Dawson.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:07 PM
You couldn't possibly have watched Otis and Dawson.

I was KIDDING.

Damn, when will people stop taking me seriously.

KCTitus
08-25-2005, 01:09 PM
I was KIDDING.

Cant put gochiefs in the live well...gotta throw that little guy back.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Cant put gochiefs in the live well...gotta throw that little guy back.

ROFL

He's big enough to eat...

That was sick, I'm sorry. That's all I could think of.

Calcountry
08-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Anybody remember how peaceful yet exiting the pre-season used to be before the internet?

There was no way to track every bump and bruise, players missing a practice. If you live away from KC there weren't talk shows to listen to so there was no real reason to panic.

I was full of optomism, all the time.

Now don't get me wrong, I couldn't go back to those backwards, hethonistic pre-internet days now. It wouldn' t be civilized.

Thats all.Step back from the computer, and get control of yourself.

Just don't surf TODAY, thats it, just don't surf today. Take it one day at a time, I will be here for you in group, part of your 12 step program to recovery from internet addiction.

I reccomend you go out into your yard and garden today, breath the fresh air, and listen to the birds sing, and the neighbors lawn mower.

It will do you good. :) :D

Calcountry
08-25-2005, 01:25 PM
I don't die.

I'm not 28, btw, that's old.You make a 40 year old feel like Skip.

Rain Man
08-25-2005, 01:59 PM
I was KIDDING.

So are you not really a dog?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 02:00 PM
So are you not really a dog?

ROFL nah...

Rain Man
08-25-2005, 02:13 PM
ROFL nah...

So do you not really chase squirrels?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 02:18 PM
So do you not really chase squirrels?

Only if they grab my nuts...

Skip Towne
08-25-2005, 02:30 PM
I was never rich like Rainman, I couldn't afford to subscribe to the Star. I had to go to the public library and read their copy.

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Oh Great.

Father Time is here.

Marcellus
08-25-2005, 02:48 PM
I remember back in the early days of Dawson and Otis, I would just watch football and not complain at all. I wouldn't even read the newspaper, well, we didn't have the newspaper then that I can remember. I just watched football, and liked it. I didn't complain like a lot of you youngsters do now. I also remember when gas was 29 cents a gallon. But that's a different topic.

pro-football + internet = ignorance is bliss. :hmmm:

Rain Man
08-25-2005, 02:48 PM
I was never rich like Rainman, I couldn't afford to subscribe to the Star. I had to go to the public library and read their copy.

So instead of buying a 25-cent newspaper, you had the City build a $1 million building for you. Tsk, tsk.