PDA

View Full Version : LOL, Doctor told this chick she was fat, now she's suing him

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Doctor in trouble for calling patient obese
N.H. woman filed complaint; state attorney general asked to investigate

Doc in trouble over obesity warning

Updated: 2:10 p.m. ET Aug. 24, 2005
ROCHESTER, N.H. - As doctors warn more patients that they should lose weight, the advice has backfired on one doctor with a woman filing a complaint with the state saying he was hurtful, not helpful.

Dr. Terry Bennett says he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives, but the lecture drove one patient to complain to the state.

“I told a fat woman she was obese,” Bennett says. “I tried to get her attention. I told her, 'You need to get on a program, join a group of like-minded people and peel off the weight that is going to kill you.'"

He says he wrote a letter of apology to the woman when he found out she was offended.

Her complaint, filed about a year ago, was initially investigated by a panel of the New Hampshire Board of Medicine, which recommended that Bennett be sent a confidential letter of concern. The board rejected the suggestion in December and asked the attorney general’s office to investigate.

Bennett rejected that office’s proposal that he attend a medical education course and acknowledge that he made a mistake.

Bruce Friedman, chairman of the board of medicine, said he could not discuss specific complaints. Assistant Attorney General Catherine Bernhard, who conducted the investigation, also would not comment, citing state law that complaints are confidential until the board takes disciplinary action.

Live vote
Has your doctor ever told you that you need to lose weight?

The board’s Web site says disciplinary sanctions may range from a reprimand to the revocation of all rights to practice in the state.

“Physicians have to be professional with patients and remember everyone is an individual. You should not be inflammatory or degrading to anyone,” said board member Kevin Costin.

Other overweight patients have come to Bennett’s defense.

“What really makes me angry is he told the truth,” Mindy Haney told WMUR-TV on Tuesday. “How can you punish somebody for that?”

Haney said Bennett has helped her lose more than 150 pounds, but acknowledged that she initially didn’t want to listen.

“I have been in this lady’s shoes. I’ve been angry and left his practice. I mean, in-my-car-taking-off angry,” Haney said. “But once you think about it, you’re angry at yourself, not Doctor Bennett. He’s the messenger. He’s telling you what you already know.”

luv
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Unless she loses weight before going before the judge, or goes to another doctor who is blind for a second opinion, she's got no case.
I can empathize with being told what you don't want to hear, but that is part of his job. It would be like telling her she had cancer. It's not an opinion, it's fact. If someone is overweight, the doctor needs to tell them so in order to warn them of the possible health risks associated with being obese. Personally, I would rather be called fat than obese. I am obese, seeing as how i could stand to lose about 50-60 lbs, but I still hate that word. Anyway, I think she's being stupid. Take the information given to you about yourself, make a decision on what you want/need to do about it, then move on.

BIG_DADDY
08-25-2005, 01:06 PM
When I ran health clubs I once told a girl who was only 23 years old and was already 5'6" and 260 pounds that she was going to die if she didn't do something to stop the road she was going down. She cried and cried and cried some more. She signed up but then cancelled and wrote to everyone she could think of complaining about outrageous way I had treated her. BBB, politicians, the newspapers, the company I worked for just to name a few. If she that much effort into getting her fat ass into shape it would have saved her life and increased the quality of it substantially.

Demonpenz
08-25-2005, 01:09 PM
never too fat to rap those lips around a shotgun

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:09 PM
When I ran health clubs I once told a girl who was only 23 years old and was already 5'6" and 260 pounds that she was going to die if she didn't do something to stop the road she was going down. She cried and cried and cried some more. She signed up but then cancelled and wrote to everyone she could think of complaining about outrageous way I had treated her. BBB, politicians, the newspapers, the company I worked for just to name a few. If she that much effort into getting her fat ass into shape it would have saved her life and increased the quality of it substantially.

Wow, she died?

KCTitus
08-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I keep thinking this is the same kind of person that would sue a doctor if a relative died from being obese because the doctor dit not tell their relative that he/she was obese.

Goapics1
08-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Not sure what the doctor is talking about.

http://mywits.com/images/uploads/bigfatwoman.jpg

ChiTown
08-25-2005, 01:20 PM

ROFL

rep

BIG_DADDY
08-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Wow, she died?

I have no idea but she won't live long like that, she was a seriously big girl and getting bigger. The compnay I managed for was 24 hour fitness. I remember we did an ad campaign and billboards with a picture of an alien saying, "When they come, they will eat the fat ones first." Fat people started freaking and picketed our clubs for weeks. Of course the media showed up and we got millions of dollars in free advertising. What a bunch of dumb asses. Almost every club in the company hit goal that month. The t-shirts went like hot cakes some people wouldn't sign up unless they got one. ROFL

I just punched it in a search engine and came up with this.

http://www.seanbaby.com/news/fat1.htm

WisChief
08-25-2005, 01:25 PM

It's amazing how we can chastise people for smoking because it will kill 'em, but do what you did and you're an insensitive bastard that could never understand what she's going thru. You should be hanged by your balls until she says you've had enough. :p

KCTitus
08-25-2005, 01:25 PM
The t-shirts went like hot cakes some people wouldn't sign up unless they got one. ROFL

That would have been awesome!

Mike in SW-MO
08-25-2005, 01:27 PM
WOW!!!

According to the US Government and the CDC, this poor woman is afflicted with a debilitating and life threatening condition. The doctor is morally and legally obligated to diagnose and provide treatment for the condition. If he does not, he can be sued and lose his license. He also aces having his malpractice insurance greatly increased.

On the other hand, we have a quasi-governmental body with the power to revoke or suspend his license and levy penalties that is telling him he cannot tell her her condition because she might be "offended."

Ayn Rand would love this.

Personally I think it is the fault of the government for using an emotionally charged subjective term to describe a medical condition with very poor objective criteria. The government wants to pull vast classes of people into groups to be able to control everyone without having to go to the trouble of singling out the individuals with the actual problems.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:35 PM
That would have been awesome!

I would've bought 20 ROFL

Lzen
08-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Heh, if that fat ass is offended, why doesn't she just go on a diet/exercise program?

Calcountry
08-25-2005, 01:38 PM
This is going to end up being like the "Twilight zone" when all the fat people will freak and call the skinny people names. :shake:

Lzen
08-25-2005, 01:39 PM
I have no idea but she won't live long like that, she was a seriously big girl and getting bigger. The compnay I managed for was 24 hour fitness. I remember we did an ad campaign and billboards with a picture of an alien saying, "When they come, they will eat the fat ones first." Fat people started freaking and picketed our clubs for weeks. Of course the media showed up and we got millions of dollars in free advertising. What a bunch of dumb asses. Almost every club in the company hit goal that month. The t-shirts went like hot cakes some people wouldn't sign up unless they got one. ROFL

FWIW, that site comes up as ADULT/SEXUALLY EXPLICIT. Just FYI for those of us that are posting from work.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:39 PM
This is going to end up being like the "Twilight zone" when all the fat people will freak and call the skinny people names. :shake:

ROFL

I missed that episode.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:40 PM
FWIW, that site comes up as ADULT/SEXUALLY EXPLICIT. Just FYI for those of us that are posting from work.

Too late. I'm fired.

BIG_DADDY
08-25-2005, 01:41 PM

That's weird it just has that article from what I could tell, sorry.

siberian khatru
08-25-2005, 01:42 PM
The t-shirts went like hot cakes

Mmmmmm, hot cakes ... :drool:

BIG_DADDY
08-25-2005, 01:46 PM
You know the best promotion now want to know the worst? We gave 30 days free to all members of weight watchers. We got several hundred in across the bay area. In my club not one worked out they just sat in the hot tub. When the promotion was finished guess how many new members we got company wide? That's right zero. Then they wonder why their fat. If I heard one more of them say they just had a slow metabolism rate I would have puked. Everyone's a victim.

Calcountry
08-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Mmmmmm, hot cakes ... :drool:Funny how he mentioned hot cakes in a fat chick thread :hmmm:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Funny how he mentioned hot cakes in a fat chick thread :hmmm:

Thankfully the server didn't crash...

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 01:53 PM
You know the best promotion now want to know the worst? We gave 30 days free to all members of weight watchers.

Oh, I thought you were gonna say you had a pancake feed or something...

ROYC75
08-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Is she blonde ?

Dumb bitch.......

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Is she blonde ?

Dumb bitch.......

ROFL omg Roy.

angel
08-25-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm a lazy person
but if I ever let myself get so overweight that my health is in danger, I deserve whatever insults that come my way
this really irks me
I have a roommate right now that gets mad at me because I'm thinner than she is... like it's my fault she's overweight
blame blame blame
I'm sick of it

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm a lazy person
but if I ever let myself get so overweight that my health is in danger, I deserve whatever insults that come my way
this really irks me
I have a roommate right now that gets mad at me because I'm thinner than she is... like it's my fault she's overweight
blame blame blame
I'm sick of it

Nice poem.

WisChief
08-25-2005, 02:04 PM
blame blame blame
I'm sick of it

Kick her ass to the curb! You know - tough love. :D

angel
08-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Kick her ass to the curb! You know - tough love. :D
well, I am moving out
after only three months of living with her... for more reasons than being fed up with her

Nice poem.

hey, I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it!

luv
08-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm a lazy person
this really irks me
blame blame blame
I'm sick of it
Tell her God must have just blessed you to be able to be lazy and remain thin. Maybe if she spent more of her energy on working out than complaining, she would have nothing to complain about.

Diet update for me: Worked out the last three nights after work (at 12:30AM mind you) for 30 minutes each. I have not had any soda since Sunday! I'm actually beginning to like water.

chagrin
08-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm suing my Dr. for telling me that smoking was a bad habit to have, it hurt my feelings too...what's that attorney's number again?

Donger
08-25-2005, 02:11 PM
This reminds me of something that happended last week.

I was at the airport going up the elevator with a bunch of people and it stopped at the next floor up (like they do). This person got on, and I swear to god it was 'Pat.' In fact, it looked around at all of us, and made that 'Pat noise.' A couple of people started cracking up discreetly. It got out at the next floor, and as she left pretty much everyone cracked up, saying, "Holy sh*t! Was that PAT!?"

luv
08-25-2005, 02:14 PM
I saw that before you deleted it, ya perv! :p

Donger
08-25-2005, 02:17 PM
I saw that before you deleted it, ya perv! :p

Errr, no you didn't.

I'd never say anything like that.

angel
08-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Tell her God must have just blessed you to be able to be lazy and remain thin.
oh, I'm lazy... but I try to eat healthy, and I try to work out as much as I can fit it in my schedule
there are times when I don't work out for a week or two, and it shows very fast- that's when I get back out there and eat better and excercise more
If I wasn't lazy, I'd be a contestant for the girly thread, but I just don't have the drive to work out that much
what I'm saying is that if a person as lazy as I am can find the time to get up and move every once in a while, I won't listen to excuses from people like my roommate

luv
Errr, no you didn't.

I'd never say anything like that.
ROFL

Frosty
Thought I might point out that she isn't sueing him; she just filed a complaint with the medical board. Also, from another story that I saw on this, the problem isn't so much that the doctor told she was fat - it was that he told her that she wouldn't get dates (her husband died a while back).

From the story: "he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives ".

I'm not defending her. This is stupid and it's even more stupid that this is considered newsworthy. :shake:

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled piling on of the fatties. :)

Donger
08-25-2005, 02:20 PM
If I wasn't lazy, I'd be a contestant for the girly thread

Oh no. Why do you do this to yourself?

angel
08-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh no. Why do you do this to yourself?
there's an 'if' there

I get heated about this topic and don't think before I hit the submit button

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 02:23 PM
From the story: "he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives ".

Actually, fat chix in Scottsdale have excellent love lives.

siberian khatru
This reminds me of something that happended last week.

I was at the airport going up the elevator with a bunch of people and it stopped at the next floor up (like they do). This person got on, and I swear to god it was 'Pat.' In fact, it looked around at all of us, and made that 'Pat noise.' A couple of people started cracking up discreetly. It got out at the next floor, and as she left pretty much everyone cracked up, saying, "Holy sh*t! Was that PAT!?"

ROFL at the use of "it."

luv
Thought I might point out that she isn't sueing him; she just filed a complaint with the medical board. Also, from another story that I saw on this, the problem isn't so much that the doctor told she was fat - it was that he told her that she wouldn't get dates (her husband died a while back).

I'm not defending her. This is stupid and it's even more stupid that this is considered newsworthy. :shake:

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled piling on of the fatties. :)
Ahhh, it changes once he throws his own opinion into the mix. I wouldn't have filed any complaints (I'm not the type to do that). I would simply find myself another doctor who could tell me I'm overweight without giving his personal opinions about what my love life should be like.

luv
08-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Actually, fat chix in Scottsdale have excellent love lives.
And just how would you know? Have you slept with ENDelt. They may get play, but that doesn't necessarily make it "excellent".

j/k ENDelt. I'm sure you're great in bed. Well not sure, but I'm not trying to be mean. Oh, never mind...

ptlyon
08-25-2005, 02:28 PM
And just how would you know? Have you slept with ENDelt. They may get play, but that doesn't necessarily make it "excellent".

Eh, no I haven't. Not my style...

But I, like you, also think that he is a 5 pump dumper.

luv
08-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Eh, no I haven't. Not my style...

But I, like you, also think that he is a 5 pump dumper.
WHOA!

Like me? I have no clue what he's like in bed. Have not put any thought into it. I was just giving an example. Playing devil's advocate.

Oy! How to dig myself out of this one?

StcChief
08-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Last time i checked 'Obese' is the technical term for the condition of being overweight.

I would say if the doctor didn't warn her, malpractice could ensue if she died from it.Heart attack, stroke, etc.

Go figure PC people, if your hurt get over it, he's trying to help you.

BTW lose some weight while your at it.

Carlota69

I did an appearance at a 24 Hr Fitness a couple of years ago, and the Marketing Director for the club made sure we had at least 30 pizzas to entice people to come down. I kid you not, we sat outside a 24 Hr Fitness with with a ton of pizza, telling people on the radio to come on down and get some free pizza. Where's the logic?

Believe me, the members weren't happy about having to pass the smell of 30 pizzas as they were going into their gym to work out.

ptlyon
Oy! How to dig myself out of this one?

Gotta sleep with him now. Fatty. ;)

Donger
08-25-2005, 02:34 PM
I did an appearance at a 24 Hr Fitness a couple of years ago, and the Marketing Director for the club made sure we had at least 30 pizzas to entice people to come down. I kid you not, we sat outside a 24 Hr Fitness with with a ton of pizza, telling people on the radio to come on down and get some free pizza. Where's the logic?

Believe me, the members weren't happy about having to pass the smell of 30 pizzas as they were going into their gym to work out.

An appearance? What are you, a magician or something?

luv
08-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Gotta sleep with him now. Fatty. ;)
I don't sleep with strange men.

:p

Anyway, back to the fat thread...

Goapics1
08-25-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't sleep with strange men.

Endelt is not strange. heh heh

Carlota69
08-25-2005, 02:39 PM
An appearance? What are you, a magician or something?

A radio personality, although I wouldn't mind being a magician. I could make things disappear, like my bill to the IRS.

Donger
08-25-2005, 02:41 PM
A radio personality, although I wouldn't mind being a magician. I could make things disappear, like my bill to the IRS.

Ah. I didn't know that.

BIG_DADDY
08-25-2005, 02:43 PM

My experience with promotions like that are they simply work. People want free food. One time I had to take over a grand opening club in Mountain View that was 6 months behind schedule. Members would stop you during tours and tell the guest you were a liar and this place will never open. 2 months and 4 BBQ's later with an additional member appreciation complimentary bagels and coffee Sundays we were considered family and the members loved us. We were in before Thanksgiving and for the holiday I brought out 10 Turkeys and all the fixings, the members loved me. I had not been in that club for years and went there a few months back. I didn't know who the GM was but when he found out who I was he said numerous members were still telling him about me and how great the grand opening was and how it was a much better place back then. I still think I run a better health club than anyone I have ever met.

Carlota69
08-25-2005, 02:47 PM
My experience with promotions like that are they simply work. People want free food. One time I had to take over a grand opening club in Mountain View that was 6 months behind schedule. Members would stop you during tours and tell the guest you were a liar and this place will never open. 2 months and 4 BBQ's later with an additional member appreciation complimentary bagels and coffee Sundays we were considered family and the members loved us. We were in before Thanksgiving and for the holiday I brought out 10 Turkeys and all the fixings, the members loved me. I had not been in that club for years and went there a few months back. I didn't know who the GM was but when he found out who I was he said numerous members were still telling him about me and how great the grand opening was and how it was a much better place back then. I still think I run a better health club than anyone I have ever met.

Oh you are right. Free food works. I just find it funny that it works for health gyms as well. Pizza especially. Seems sort of backwards to me.

Lzen
08-25-2005, 02:49 PM
That's weird it just has that article from what I could tell, sorry.

No need to be sorry, Troy. I'm sure you didn't realize this. I just posted that so that people like myself who post from work would be aware. I know I've been hit in the past by things like that. The scout/sniffer software that workplaces are using seem to only look at the main site whether or not there's anything on the actual page you're linking. Sucks but ya just gotta be careful.

RedDread
08-25-2005, 02:50 PM

I did a quick search and found out that ad campaign against was used in a testimonial to the house of representatives speaking out against "sizeism"

Sizeism is akin to ageism, racism and sexism.

Yeah, except that age/race/sex are things that people can't control, and being a huge tub of lard is! dumbass....

:rolleyes:

http://abundancemagazine.com/scribes/articles/jody_abrams.html

Scaga
08-25-2005, 02:50 PM
It's probably already been said, but

This thread is useless with....... nevermind

Rain Man
08-25-2005, 03:15 PM

That's pretty funny.

I'll bet that smell really wafts up the escalators.

http://www.bootblog.org/archives/images/may04/24hour_250.jpg

Carlota69
08-25-2005, 03:19 PM
That's pretty funny.

I'll bet that smell really wafts up the escalators.

http://www.bootblog.org/archives/images/may04/24hour_250.jpg

ROFL ROFL ROFL

BIG_DADDY
08-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Oh you are right. Free food works. I just find it funny that it works for health gyms as well. Pizza especially. Seems sort of backwards to me.

I prefer BBQ's it's much more personal like that. Give me $400 in marketing dollars a month and I'll turn it into 4k. Coffee and bagels is the best value going on trade outs the members love it. You get to know them a lot better and it makes asking for referals much easier. I really miss running health clubs I would just never work for anyone again. My last 3 years there I was runner up twice and manager of the year. When they said they were going to move me and it wasn't what I wanted I said screw it I am tired of competing on an unlevel playing field. Every time I got a new club my goal went up 20% automatically just because I was good and they wanted to limit what I would make. When I finally quit they offered me a region but it was too late I had no interest in competing like that I saw myself competing with the presidents not the regionals and that wasn't going to happen. I won't even start with how many marketing promotions still exist in that company that I created.

Skip Towne
08-25-2005, 03:44 PM
You know the best promotion now want to know the worst? We gave 30 days free to all members of weight watchers. We got several hundred in across the bay area. In my club not one worked out they just sat in the hot tub. When the promotion was finished guess how many new members we got company wide? That's right zero. Then they wonder why their fat. If I heard one more of them say they just had a slow metabolism rate I would have puked. Everyone's a victim.
I ask them why there were no cases of slow metabolism at Dachau.

ZootedGranny
08-25-2005, 03:51 PM

"Awwww DAAAAAAAMN!"
http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/d/DJ_Kay_Slay/sq-kay-slay-much-col.jpg

LiteraLOL

Big Dog
08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Wow...is this going to put a target on my forehead or what? Oh well, here goes. :banghead:

I am fat...morbidly obese by definition. (Be careful, I am also huge and a former Olympic Judo Competitor...ask BrainCase, he knows) I agree that suing a doctor who tells you that you are too fat is ridiculous...BUT...I don't think that's what happened here. (Or it least it MAY NOT be what happened).

People tell me I am fat all the time. Some knowingly, some not. Sometimes that pick fun at me without even knowing me, or publicly make comments about someone in my condition without caring about how it will affect me. Oh well....that's life.

But when I go to my physician and discuss how and why I am...I don't really want to feel like I am going to be ridiculed or degraded in an environment that I am expecting factual information and reasonable courses of action concerning my health, and maybe even a little positive encouragement.

Lodging a formal complaint against a doctor is not my style...calling him an a**hole and threatening to clean his clock might be though, if I thought him(or her) rude enough. This woman took a different route...but possibly an acceptable one...depending on what the doctor actually said.

Fat people make lots of excuses about their size...many of which simply are not valid. Oh, and news flash...people who aren't fat make lots of excuses about the less than intelligent life decisions they make...many of which simply aren't valid.

I make no such claim. I am fat because I love to eat and drink unhealthy foods in unhealthy quantities.

OK...Let the cremation begin.

BIG_DADDY
08-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Wow...is this going to put a target on my forehead or what? Oh well, here goes. :banghead:

I am fat...morbidly obese by definition. (Be careful, I am also huge and a former Olympic Judo Competitor...ask BrainCase, he knows) I agree that suing a doctor who tells you that you are too fat is ridiculous...BUT...I don't think that's what happened here. (Or it least it MAY NOT be what happened).

People tell me I am fat all the time. Some knowingly, some not. Sometimes that pick fun at me without even knowing me, or publicly make comments about someone in my condition without caring about how it will affect me. Oh well....that's life.

But when I go to my physician and discuss how and why I am...I don't really want to feel like I am going to be ridiculed or degraded in an environment that I am expecting factual information and reasonable courses of action concerning my health, and maybe even a little positive encouragement.

Lodging a formal complaint against a doctor is not my style...calling him an a**hole and threatening to clean his clock might be though, if I thought him(or her) rude enough. This woman took a different route...but possibly an acceptable one...depending on what the doctor actually said.

Fat people make lots of excuses about their size...many of which simply are not valid. Oh, and news flash...people who aren't fat make lots of excuses about the less than intelligent life decisions they make...many of which simply aren't valid.

I make no such claim. I am fat because I love to eat and drink unhealthy foods in unhealthy quantities.

OK...Let the cremation begin.

The 30 day promotion we did with weight watchers was an eye opening experience for me. We had targeted people before but never had we seen nobody work out or sign up. It seemed to me that this group simply didn't want to move. They would make changes in diet but moving was out of the question. Do you lift weights? no. Do you walk or run? no Do you dance do aerobics, hike, bike, swim, play golf, stretch or even get up to change channels? No. You did judo which is great cardio. Ever consider taking it up again?

milkman
08-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Was this the doctor?

http://www.tvacres.com/images/becker9.jpg

Big Dog
08-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Easy there BIG_DADDY, you are falling into the same trap many other people do which is making assumptions about someone (me in this case) without knowing, asking, or in your case even seeing me. There is a word for this mentality...

But to answer your questions (which you answered for me...incorrectly), or maybe to respond to your accusations?

Do I lift weights? - not recently.
Do I walk or run? - Walk on treadmill 3 times a week or more...40 minutes at a 3.5 to 4 mile pace
Do I dance do aerobics, hike...... - I used to bike regularly and am striving to be able to again as I truly love it

You see I had major back surgery 16 months ago. Prior to surgery I could barely walk (with a cane) I was in so much pain. I am now finally getting to the point were I can put some of those activities back in my life. I gained 90 pounds during that period.

Not that people who make blanket ASSumptions like that care, but I have lost 50 pounds since early June...and yes, by definition am still morbidly obese.

Hmmm...I probably am being too defensive. Maybe I should just lodge a formal complaint. ROFL

Kerberos
08-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Has your doctor ever told you that you need to lose weight?

Every Time I go see him he tells me that I need to exercise more and lose about 30-40 lbs

He aint diss'n me he telling me what he is supposed to tell me as my physician.

People are so F*&$ing vain that they can't take some personal criticism about thier weight then they ARE OBESE.

at 6'2 320 lbs and less than 15% body fat I can tell you that I carry 30-40 lbs of EXTRA weight better than most.

But I need to lose the weight and start exercising so I can get the diabetes and colesteral down.

Most people that are just overweight have health concerns.

OBESE people that don't want to hear that they are obese are F#$%ed in the head and body cause they can't see past thier own self-righteousness to call JennyCraig and do something about it.

KC Jones
08-26-2005, 08:14 AM
at 6'2 320 lbs and less than 15% body fat I can tell you that I carry 30-40 lbs of EXTRA weight better than most.

Is that what they call creative mathematics? Is 6'2", 320lbs and only 15% body fat even possible. You must have an amazing amount of muscle mass.

Kerberos
08-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Is that what they call creative mathematics? Is 6'2", 320lbs and only 15% body fat even possible. You must have an amazing amount of muscle mass.

My shoulder width is some 3 ft. from end to end. my waist size is around 40. and my inseem is 30"

I am NOT your typically built man.

I was at 260 10+ years ago and less than 6% bodyfat ... KCFalcon59 can verify this if needed.

Yes it is possible to be my size and under 15% bodyfat. Though I am the EXCEPTION and NOT the rule!

:D

Inspector
08-26-2005, 01:52 PM
there's an 'if' there

I get heated about this topic and don't think before I hit the submit button

yeah, I'm finding myself getting kinda hot right now.......

Pitt Gorilla
08-26-2005, 03:24 PM
The message really hit home when Delt asked her out. (I didn't read the whole thread; disregard if already posted).

ptlyon
08-26-2005, 03:28 PM
The message really hit home when Delt asked her out. (I didn't read the whole thread; disregard if already posted).

HA!

Delt: "Hey Baby, wanna go out sometime?"
Woman; "Are you saying I'm fat?!?"

BIG_DADDY
08-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Easy there BIG_DADDY, you are falling into the same trap many other people do which is making assumptions about someone (me in this case) without knowing, asking, or in your case even seeing me. There is a word for this mentality...

But to answer your questions (which you answered for me...incorrectly), or maybe to respond to your accusations?

Do I lift weights? - not recently.
Do I walk or run? - Walk on treadmill 3 times a week or more...40 minutes at a 3.5 to 4 mile pace
Do I dance do aerobics, hike...... - I used to bike regularly and am striving to be able to again as I truly love it

You see I had major back surgery 16 months ago. Prior to surgery I could barely walk (with a cane) I was in so much pain. I am now finally getting to the point were I can put some of those activities back in my life. I gained 90 pounds during that period.

Not that people who make blanket ASSumptions like that care, but I have lost 50 pounds since early June...and yes, by definition am still morbidly obese.

Hmmm...I probably am being too defensive. Maybe I should just lodge a formal complaint. ROFL

I can see how that came across the wrong way that wasn't my intention so I apologize. The very fact that competed in Judo shows that your a physical person I was just wondering if you had considered taking it up again obviously not with your back like that. That 30 day promotion was amazing though.

On a seperate note all my counselors kept asking me how was getting appointments with all these hot ass chicks who had been coming in asn asking for me recently. I told them I offered 30 day memberships to the local modeling agencies. :)
Got to make the job fun.

beer bacon
08-26-2005, 03:34 PM
There needs to be harsher penalties for people filing idiotic suits like the above. The state should hang or decapitate her.

milkman
08-26-2005, 06:32 PM
There needs to be harsher penalties for people filing idiotic suits like the above. The state should hang or decapitate her.

Or just send her to fat camp.