PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Rush has a KU Student ID

Braincase
08-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Link (http://www.kusports.com/news/mens_hoop_recruiting/story/115069)

Rush gets KU student ID
By Brooke Wehner, 6News reporter

Thursday, August 25, 2005

No, there's been no announcement yet about whether basketball standout Brandon Rush has decided to play for Kansas University. But new evidence emerged today he's getting closer to putting on a Jayhawk uniform -- he now has a KU student ID number, according to KU officials.

That move clears the way for Rush, a 6-foot-6 guard from Kansas City, Mo., to enroll at KU once paperwork at the NCAA clearinghouse is processed.

Rush says that his final three college choices are Kansas, Illinois and Indiana.

Today was the last day to enroll without written permission.

BigRedChief
08-25-2005, 04:10 PM
I heard on 810 that he is defintely going to KU and that the hold up is that they are waiting on NCAA rulings on some classes he took. Whether they are elgible and he qualifies for KU. Once they get the thmbs up from the NCAA they will hold the press conference

irishjayhawk
08-25-2005, 04:14 PM
I was just about to post this.

Ari Chi3fs
08-25-2005, 04:29 PM
sweet, we didnt get JaRon or Kareem, but we get one of the brothers.

I wonder how talented he is.

penguinz
08-25-2005, 04:36 PM
He is supposed to the the most talented of the three.

royr17
08-25-2005, 04:37 PM
I hear that Brandon Rush is the best of the three, that he is way better then both Kareem and JaRon.

|Zach|
08-25-2005, 04:39 PM
I hear that Brandon Rush is the best of the three, that he is way better then both Kareem and JaRon.
Heh.

Is Fox gonna put on 15 lbs of muscle this offseason?

beavis
08-25-2005, 05:14 PM
He must be mentally deficient in some way, given his choice of schools.

CoMoChief
08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Well at least he's a good replacement for Giddens. Though Brandon Rush doesn't play a lick of defense. I played against his team in a summer league and he just single handedly tore apart our team. I don't think he's as good as the other 2 though. JaRon IMO was the best one until he ****ed up his life.

Braincase
08-25-2005, 05:42 PM
He must be mentally deficient in some way, given his choice of schools.

Maybe he just wants a legitimate shot at winning a Big 12 title. Not that there's anything wrong with 5th place, but I always looked at 1st place as being 4 places better.

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Is it just me or is Big 12 basketball looking at like the SWC in football during the 80's?

eazyb81
08-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Maybe he just wants a legitimate shot at winning a Big 12 title. Not that there's anything wrong with 5th place, but I always looked at 1st place as being 4 places better.

Actually, I think he's just looking for a place to show off his "skillz" to the NBA execs.

He has made it well known that his #1 priority is going to the NBA and he has no desire to play more than one year in college......sounds like a great player to have on your team!

ROFL

Dave Lane
08-25-2005, 07:34 PM

Bam!

Dave

beavis
08-25-2005, 07:57 PM
I thought he was just looking for a "tutor" to take his tests for him... or do you have to be a football player to get that?

Pants
08-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Actually, I think he's just looking for a place to show off his "skillz" to the NBA execs.

He has made it well known that his #1 priority is going to the NBA and he has no desire to play more than one year in college......sounds like a great player to have on your team!

ROFL

Hells YEAH1 We'll take that. Sucks to be Mizzery, hahahahahahaa.

chief4life
08-25-2005, 11:13 PM
4 5 star prospects

Jullian Wright
Mario Chalmers
Micah Downs

and now

Brandon Rush are you kidding me

Rock Chalk Jayhawk :KU:

oh yeah MUCK FU

chief4life
08-25-2005, 11:22 PM
sweet, we didnt get JaRon or Kareem, but we get one of the brothers.

I wonder how talented he is.

5 star prospect rated 13 in the recruiting list for top players :thumb:
from rivals.com oh yeah he can play.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-26-2005, 12:01 AM
I've been following this drama, and even though he has an ID, i'm not sure he's gonna get cleared yet. So don't count it as a sure thing. He's basically waiting for a piece of paperwork from a school that closed in 2000.

Braincase
08-26-2005, 06:24 AM
I thought he was just looking for a "tutor" to take his tests for him... or do you have to be a football player to get that?

The original plan was to arrange a bunch of JuCo college classes for him, but he thought 19 hours in a summer was a bit too much to handle, even for Internet based courses.