PDA

View Full Version : The Natalee Holloway Coverage

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Lots has been made of the coverage of this human interest story. Even though I have empathy for her family, I feel the coverage has gone completely overboard.

And you?

jiveturkey
08-25-2005, 07:19 PM
My wife and I have been making fun of it for about 2 weeks. We have the Today Show playing in the background when we get ready in the morning and I can almost predict to the exact minute when the new news is going to show up.

It's too bad that she's gone but daily coverage in the states isn't going to help anyone.

I don't understand why the media needs to latch on to stories like this. Aren't there any celeb's doing something stupid right now?

chagrin
08-25-2005, 07:20 PM
I didn't even notice coverage on her at all anymore, but then again I don't watch CNN

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 07:21 PM
I didn't even notice coverage on her at all anymore, but then again I don't watch CNN

Obviously you don't cuz if you did you would know they cover it the least of all three cable networks. LKL had it on one night this week but for the most part it's a once a week story.

Logical
08-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I would guess the coverage has gone overboard being as I have become numb to it. I don't even notice or pay attention anymore.

jiveturkey
08-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I didn't even notice coverage on her at all anymore, but then again I don't watch CNNI don't either.

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Lots has been made of the coverage of this human interest story. Even though I have empathy for her family, I feel the coverage has gone completely overboard.

And you?

It seems now it's the sole focus of Rita Cosby and Greta Van Sustern's existence.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 10:16 PM
The media did the same thing with that stupid runaway bride, then sent her a bill for their over-reaction.