PDA

View Full Version : The Natalee Holloway Coverage

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Lots has been made of the coverage of this human interest story. Even though I have empathy for her family, I feel the coverage has gone completely overboard.

And you?

jiveturkey
08-25-2005, 07:19 PM
My wife and I have been making fun of it for about 2 weeks. We have the Today Show playing in the background when we get ready in the morning and I can almost predict to the exact minute when the new news is going to show up.

It's too bad that she's gone but daily coverage in the states isn't going to help anyone.

I don't understand why the media needs to latch on to stories like this. Aren't there any celeb's doing something stupid right now?

chagrin
08-25-2005, 07:20 PM
I didn't even notice coverage on her at all anymore, but then again I don't watch CNN

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 07:21 PM
I didn't even notice coverage on her at all anymore, but then again I don't watch CNN

Obviously you don't cuz if you did you would know they cover it the least of all three cable networks. LKL had it on one night this week but for the most part it's a once a week story.

Logical
08-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I would guess the coverage has gone overboard being as I have become numb to it. I don't even notice or pay attention anymore.

jiveturkey
08-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I didn't even notice coverage on her at all anymore, but then again I don't watch CNNI don't either.

memyselfI
08-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Lots has been made of the coverage of this human interest story. Even though I have empathy for her family, I feel the coverage has gone completely overboard.

And you?

It seems now it's the sole focus of Rita Cosby and Greta Van Sustern's existence.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 10:16 PM
The media did the same thing with that stupid runaway bride, then sent her a bill for their over-reaction.

Nickhead
08-16-2017, 03:37 PM
it's possible they may have found her remains:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4796176/Natalee-Holloway-remains-Aruba.html#ixzz4pwEYC7k3

A new tip in the Natalee Holloway investigation has led to the discovery of human remains in Aruba, 12 years after the teenager disappeared while vacationing on the tropical island to celebrate her high school graduation.
A former roommate of Joran van der Sloot's best friend told Natalee's father Dave Holloway that the young woman was buried in a park near her hotel on the island.
That man, Gabriel, said van der Sloot disposed of the body with help from his father Paulus after Natalee choked to death on her own vomit soon after she was given a drink that had been spiked with GHB.
Van der Sloot revealed this to his best friend John, who then repeated the information to Gabriel while the two were living together over a decade ago.
Dave announced on Wednesday while appearing on Today that he followed up on that tip, and soon after remains were found.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4796176/Natalee-Holloway-remains-Aruba.html#ixzz4pxNJgND0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

alpha_omega
08-16-2017, 03:41 PM
That's a scary bump....i thought for a minute that memyselfi was back. whew.

Meat Circle
08-16-2017, 03:43 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4796176/Natalee-Holloway-remains-Aruba.html#ixzz4pwEYC7k3

A new tip in the Natalee Holloway investigation has led to the discovery of human remains in Aruba, 12 years after the teenager disappeared while vacationing on the tropical island to celebrate her high school graduation.
A former roommate of Joran van der Sloot's best friend told Natalee's father Dave Holloway that the young woman was buried in a park near her hotel on the island.
That man, Gabriel, said van der Sloot disposed of the body with help from his father Paulus after Natalee choked to death on her own vomit soon after she was given a drink that had been spiked with GHB.
Van der Sloot revealed this to his best friend John, who then repeated the information to Gabriel while the two were living together over a decade ago.
Dave announced on Wednesday while appearing on Today that he followed up on that tip, and soon after remains were found.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4796176/Natalee-Holloway-remains-Aruba.html#ixzz4pxNJgND0

Good God! I thought it had returned. :drool:

If the OP comes back here after you bumped her thread, I fear I will have to hunt you down myself. :#

Nickhead
08-16-2017, 03:44 PM
ROFL sorry to open healed wounds :D

LiveSteam
08-16-2017, 03:45 PM
This was a sad deal. Was anyone ever charged and found guilty?

Meat Circle
08-16-2017, 03:49 PM
ROFL sorry to open healed wounds :D

Dude, all I saw was the thread starter at first glance and not the date. I was like, oh hell no!

Nickhead
van der sloot is in jail for a different murder currently, but no one was charged in natalie's disappearance.

Pawnmower
This was a sad deal. Was anyone ever charged and found guilty?

No I do not believe Joran Van Der Sloot was found guilty (yet) but it sure seems an awful lot like he did it..and he is in prison for killing another chick...so they have plenty of time to figure the rest out...

especially if this story is true:

https://www.today.com/news/natalee-holloway-s-father-discovers-human-remains-aruba-t115151

Meat Circle
08-16-2017, 03:51 PM
van der sloot is in jail for a different murder currently, but no one was charged in natalie's disappearance.

Yeah that guy is a piece of human garbage. Hopefully he's getting the hot bone treatment, daily.

BucEyedPea
08-16-2017, 04:03 PM

So sad but the guy should have come forward years ago if he knew. the Van der Sloots are evil. Can't believe daddy was even a judge.

stevieray
08-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Dude, all I saw was the thread starter at first glance and not the date. I was like, oh hell no!

LMAO

LiveSteam
08-16-2017, 04:07 PM
No I do not believe Joran Van Der Sloot was found guilty (yet) but it sure seems an awful lot like he did it..and he is in prison for killing another chick...so they have plenty of time to figure the rest out...

especially if this story is true:

https://www.today.com/news/natalee-holloway-s-father-discovers-human-remains-aruba-t115151

Thanks for the info. Good to know he's locked up.

Scooter Libby
08-16-2017, 04:07 PM
Good the family will have closure. Urine is already in prison and his dad died years ago.

Prison Bitch
08-16-2017, 04:09 PM
Has Trump condemned this yet?

Pawnmower
08-16-2017, 04:27 PM
his dad died years ago.

Oh thats right..

Totally forgot about that weirdo's psycho ass dad...who probably knew the details.

Pawnmower
08-16-2017, 04:27 PM

you should be romper'd for derailing shit with your spam

moron

Nickhead
08-16-2017, 04:28 PM
i went to school with a guy that would later be named benjamin appleby, convicted for rape and murder of ally kemp. these fuckers are seriously depraved lunatics.

oaklandhater
08-16-2017, 04:34 PM

Love how you're doing this in every thread petty...

Scooter Libby
08-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Oh thats right..

Totally forgot about that weirdo's psycho ass dad...who probably knew the details.

According to the article he supposedly helped urine bury her.

Pawnmower
08-16-2017, 04:39 PM

holy shit

what a nutjob...

dude was a judge too, IIRC

Nickhead
08-16-2017, 04:51 PM

according to the article the dad was the one that snapped her legs so she would fit in the gunny sack. how fucked is that!

Cochise
08-16-2017, 05:00 PM

I lol'd

cosmo20002
08-16-2017, 05:18 PM

He said there were fine people on both sides.

Prison Bitch
08-16-2017, 05:21 PM

Loon said it's not ok to kill a woman. Punching one is as far as he'll go

LiveSteam
08-16-2017, 05:56 PM
I bet Cosmo is the victim of spousal abuse.

LiveSteam
08-16-2017, 05:57 PM

Does your man smack you around?