PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs First Heavy Dose of a Legit RBThis Week

Dayze
08-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Anyone else curious to see what our 'new' defense does against a legit RB? I would imagine we'll see quite a bit of Alexander.

How do you think we'll fair?

TEX
08-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Our "new" defense will probably look like our old _efense for awhile - at least until Warfiled comes back, till DJ gets more game experience, If Hicks and Sims can improve, if Hall can contribute, and IF Bell ever takes the field. :hmmm:

Phobia
08-25-2005, 08:27 PM
I think he'll get at least 10 yards.

I'll warn you, though. I'm usually dead on with these predictions.

Dayze
08-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I think he'll get at least 10 yards.

I'll warn you, though. I'm usually dead on with these predictions.
ROFL

Anyong Bluth
08-25-2005, 09:16 PM
It shouldn't really matter either way. Preseason is such a crapshoot when units randomly call plays absent the game's situation.

With Knight looking solid in filling space, DJ rocking cocks left & right, and KM looking improved it seems they should field a run defense in the better 1/2 this year.

Whether KM regresses and gets suckered into cutback runs is a big ?, but I feel better about our 2ndary making a play - not to mention DJ or Bell being able close the gap.

Lest be said. It will not be looking like the paper doll of 2 years ago

bishop_74
08-25-2005, 10:34 PM
DJ rocking cocks left & right

...How's that again?

beer bacon
08-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Our "new" defense will probably look like our old _efense for awhile - at least until Warfiled comes back, till DJ gets more game experience, If Hicks and Sims can improve, if Hall can contribute, and IF Bell ever takes the field. :hmmm:

You really are just all sunshine aren't you.

the Talking Can
08-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Anyone else curious to see what our 'new' defense does against a legit RB? I would imagine we'll see quite a bit of Alexander.

I think he'll run for 80 yards.

But, if Bell plays, I think he'll be killed.

Dv said he was holding Bell out because he was afraid of Manslaughter Charges in the preseason.

Anyong Bluth
08-26-2005, 12:53 AM
bishop -

when you're a pimp, you're a pimp. It's not a San Francisco treat, I promise. Relax

picasso
08-26-2005, 01:18 AM
I watched the Arizona game again today and I have to say that I was truely impressed with Benny Sapp. He was playing some ball.

picasso
08-26-2005, 01:20 AM
Sapp contained the perimeter pretty good in that game. Now you get Bell in there on the outside and Dj Blitzing on the other and the only place Alexander can go is stright up Mitchells ass. Which he probably will.

bringbackmarty
08-26-2005, 05:31 AM
Okay "rocking cocks", and "straight up mitchell's ass" I'm outta here. Wrong kinda place for me I guess.

TEX
08-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Sapp contained the perimeter pretty good in that game. Now you get Bell in there on the outside and Dj Blitzing on the other and the only place Alexander can go is stright up Mitchells ass. Which he probably will.

Bell would have to actually play in order to do that. I don't see that as happening this game. We need to get over Bell cause he's damaged goods.

TEX
08-26-2005, 08:33 AM
You really are just all sunshine aren't you.\

Just being realistic.

jidar1
08-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Don't know. It's one of my biggest question marks. You gotta stop the run.

htismaqe
08-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Bell would have to actually play in order to do that. I don't see that as happening this game. We need to get over Bell cause he's damaged goods.

Yep, the season is over.

Kyle401
08-26-2005, 09:16 AM

I think we'll fair fare.

TEX
08-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Yep, the season is over.

Never said that. So, if you're going to draw conclusions - do it on your dime.

I will say without a healthy Bell, the chances of turnung the _efense around is less likely.

htismaqe
08-26-2005, 09:55 AM
Never said that. So, if you're going to draw conclusions - do it on your dime.

I will say without a healthy Bell, the chances of turnung the _efense around is less likely.

Chances? Without a healthy Bell?

You already told us he's not healthy, so why speculate?

TEX
08-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Chances? Without a healthy Bell?

You already told us he's not healthy, so why speculate?

And I have said all along that he is not healthy. "Chances" refers to the ability to greatly improve the _efense in Bell's absense - not the fact that he's injured.