PDA

View Full Version : Season Expectations-Noobs only please!

Halfcan
08-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Hey all you new Chiefs Planet posters out there. I thought I would start a thread so we could get to know each other. So what are your Chiefs expectations this year? Here are mine.

1. Win the Division-it starts here. We have to go at least 7-1 at home and at least 5-3 on the road I think. A 12-4 record should do it with such a competetive division.

2. Win a playoff game-preferably at home would be nice. Tony G. has never won a playoff game in his career-hard to believe. I think it is about time.

3. Field a top ten defense-okay stop laughing now I was serious. At least top ten or higher where it counts-turnovers and points. Cutting down on the gashing 50 yard runs would be nice also. Getting our passing defense in the top 20 is a must. We have to stop the big plays.

4. Field a top five offense-with all the reports of a fading O in KC from age and injuries, this might be tough. We have enough young guys to help though, and should be dynamic again. I would like to see more ball control and more rushing attempts for Priest and LJ. Those guys are too talented not to get the reps.

5. Special teams- I would like to see us finally get out of the bottom in field position-give the defense a break allready!!! Dante-should be good for 3 or 4 more returns as well. Punting will hopefully be better-but at the same time our kicker is sucking right now. So we might be in for another long year of out of bounds kick-offs and missed FG's.

Allright all you noobs what is your wish list for a fun year???

Dartgod
08-26-2005, 07:27 AM
N00bs are teh suck...

Simplex3
08-26-2005, 07:29 AM
N00bs are teh suck...
Seems like when you call on them you can't find one, but when you're trying to have a serious discussion, like a poop thread, they're always there to ruin it. :hmmm:

Halfcan
08-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Wow the new people only thread lasted like 30 seconds. Yep and you can always find an oldtimer with an attitude also-lol Instead of posting about your obvious dislike about new posters on the Planet why not give your expectations on the Chiefs?? Surely you must have an opinion on how this season will unfold. Are we going to be successful of end 7-9 again?

chagrin
08-26-2005, 07:35 AM
I got us going 10-6

Home - 7/1
Away - 3/5

What do I wish for?

8-0 at home with a strong showing against Philly and New England.

I wish we kick the Donks asses this year instead of getting run by some short little shit who disappears into holes and runs like a snake. (Q. Grif - that Monday night game made me ill)

I wish we could go to Miami and Buffalo and win by creating TO's instead of scoring 50 points.

I wish coach Vermeil would sign a vet kicker (if any available)

They better damn well win at home this year in the playoffs, or if on the road get their sorry asses out of the first round!

chagrin
08-26-2005, 07:38 AM
N00bs are teh suck...

"Come on Dave, gimme a break..."

Halfcan
08-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Good points-we havn't won in Miami, let alone Florida in how long? Bufablow will be tough also-kind of figured automatic loss if we have to go there-can't remember the last time we beat those guys at home. Mile high has not been good to us since what Montana-that is a must win.

KCTitus
08-26-2005, 07:42 AM
3-13...anything better than that and Im happy.

Halfcan
08-26-2005, 07:48 AM
3-13??? I said Chiefs not raiders and Browns.

chagrin
08-26-2005, 07:49 AM
3-13, we could grab Bush from USC to replace Priest when he leaves and trade off LJ

KCTitus
08-26-2005, 07:53 AM
3-13??? I said Chiefs not raiders and Browns.

Yeah, I heard you...3-13. Havent you been breaking down the film on these preseason games? McCleon's playing corner, Bartee is still on the team, Green is hurt, Bell was a waste because he cant play, Priest is going to retire and Shields is done.

Otter
08-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I heard you...3-13. Havent you been breaking down the film on these preseason games? McCleon's playing corner, Bartee is still on the team, Green is hurt, Bell was a waste because he cant play, Priest is going to retire and Shields is done.

You forgot Tynes.

Kyle401
08-26-2005, 08:01 AM

How easily we forget about SCANLON. He will play CB/LB to cover for Bell and McCleon, QB/RB so we don't need Priest or Green, and He doesn't need any blockers (because He will just fly over people or go invisible) so Shields' skill erosion won't affect us. That ought to get us to at least 4-12. I can't wait to watch.

Kyle401
08-26-2005, 08:02 AM
You forgot Tynes.

SCANLON can cover for him too.

jidar1
08-26-2005, 08:03 AM
I hate old timers. worthless bastards.

It's gonna be a tough contest between us and SD for who wins the division. Honestly I don't know how that's going to turn out but I'm pretty sure we make the playoffs either way. We will take the division or get a WC.

KCTitus
08-26-2005, 08:08 AM
How easily we forget about SCANLON. He will play CB/LB to cover for Bell and McCleon, QB/RB so we don't need Priest or Green, and He doesn't need any blockers (because He will just fly over people or go invisible) so Shields' skill erosion won't affect us. That ought to get us to at least 4-12. I can't wait to watch.

We can only hope that the coaching staff recognizes the talent that is Scanlon. They're not as smart as a couple of NFL talent savvy posters around here, so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2005, 08:16 AM
We can only hope that the coaching staff recognizes the talent that is Scanlon. They're not as smart as a couple of NFL talent savvy posters around here, so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.

He did some good things last week. I just got done watching the coaches film.

Skip Towne
08-26-2005, 08:21 AM
N00bs are the root of all evil.

Dartgod
08-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Wow the new people only thread lasted like 30 seconds. Yep and you can always find an oldtimer with an attitude also-lol Instead of posting about your obvious dislike about new posters on the Planet why not give your expectations on the Chiefs?? Surely you must have an opinion on how this season will unfold. Are we going to be successful of end 7-9 again?
Hell, who knows? I would hope that our defense has improved enough to get us back in the playoffs, but who really knows?. I've learned over the years to not have expectations for this team. I start expecting too much and then I am let down to the point where it's not fun anymore. I enjoy the season as it unfolds, regardless of the outcome.

Predict the upcoming season? No thanks, it's much easier (and more fun!) to make fun of n00bs. ;)

carlos3652
08-26-2005, 08:26 AM
6/2 @ Home - (L vs Eagles, Patriots)
4/4 Away - (L vs Broncos, Chargers, Bills, Cowboys)

10-6 and depending if SD finishes 9-7, 10-6 we take Wild Card or Division.

Wild Card weekend Win
AFC Semi's Loss vs Indy

This is what I see this year, what I hope for is

8-0 @ Home, 6-2 Away - 14-2 HFA through the Playoffs, Win 2 Home games vs Indy and Pittsburg, SB in Detroit (Win vs winner of Eagles, Falcons)

carlos3652
08-26-2005, 08:27 AM

And all this time I though Vlad/ Vlib was...

Skip Towne
08-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Is Halfass the leader of the n00bs?

Biohazard
08-26-2005, 08:32 AM
:fire:

HemiEd
08-26-2005, 08:36 AM
I got us going 19-0.

Biohazard
08-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Anyway about the season, I'd would love nothing more than to see the chiefs in the super bowl. But before I can get my hopes up Im ready to see the 1st string play most of the game to see just what they can really do! Our offense is going to be as strong as ever IMO, and the defense has the potential of being great also. I hope for the best and a new kicker!

Biohazard
08-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Are than any other nOObs out there? Come on Beotchs lets give halfcan a good thread! Dont be scared, the old timers say we suck which maybe true, but they also had to start somewhere. Just think if we were all gone who would the fug with?

KCTitus
08-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Are than any other nOObs out there? Come on Beotchs lets give halfcan a good thread! Dont be scared, the old timers say we suck which maybe true, but they also had to start somewhere. Just think if we were all gone who would the fug with?

Yeah, dont be scared...Im not saving this thread for future reference, honest.

chagrin
08-26-2005, 09:08 AM

No he isn't, and to be honest I don't consider myself 100% n00b anymore. I'am 50% n00b 50% horrible beast!

:evil:

Biohazard
08-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, dont be scared...Im not saving this thread for future reference, honest.
:# LYE-AH!!

Skip Towne
08-26-2005, 09:18 AM
No he isn't, and to be honest I don't consider myself 100% n00b anymore. I'am 50% n00b 50% horrible beast!

:evil:
Under 10,000 posts = N00B

Dartgod
08-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey!! :cuss:

chagrin
08-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Welcome aboard Dartgod

:p

KCTitus
08-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard Dartgod

:p

LOL...

PRIEST
08-26-2005, 09:31 AM

Damn Skip, I have a life. :p

Phobia
08-26-2005, 09:42 AM

No, but he's the only one who cares about being called "n00b".

All you n00bs are great. With anything in life, there's a right of passage associated with it, whether it's expressed aloud or kept quiet for social reasons. My wife and I have been attending a church for about 4 months. I'm guessing we'll be "noobs" to those people for a couple more years. Of course, nobody gives us shit about it but that "n00b" thing is to be expected.

Get over it. Oh, and you'd do well to ignore cranky Skip's posts. If he succeeds in pushing your buttons, he's gonna keep pushing them. He's like the fight you had in Jr. High school. Roll around on the ground with him for a while and then you become best friends a couple days afterwards....

chagrin
08-26-2005, 09:57 AM
No, but he's the only one who cares about being called "n00b".

All you n00bs are great. With anything in life, there's a right of passage associated with it, whether it's expressed aloud or kept quiet for social reasons. My wife and I have been attending a church for about 4 months. I'm guessing we'll be "noobs" to those people for a couple more years. Of course, nobody gives us shit about it but that "n00b" thing is to be expected.

Get over it. Oh, and you'd do well to ignore cranky Skip's posts. If he succeeds in pushing your buttons, he's gonna keep pushing them. He's like the fight you had in Jr. High school. Roll around on the ground with him for a while and then you become best friends a couple days afterwards....

Phob:
You'll always be a n00b in Christ

:)

bringbackmarty
08-26-2005, 10:30 AM
i think we will start off the season like 6-2, then priest will get hurt, and we will go undefeated all the way to the conference championship. then we cack out cause we lose trent in the first playoff game.

Simplex3
08-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Just think if we were all gone who would the fug with?
Ironically enough we'd be f**king with Skip for being so damn old. If he weren't so senile he'd realize that and be all for the noobs. :shrug:

Douche Baggins
08-26-2005, 10:41 AM
I must not fear Skip.
Skip is the mind-killer.
Skip is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face Skip.
I will permit him to pass over me and through me.
And when he has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where Skip has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Tuckdaddy
08-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Division title and at least a playoff win if not the bowl

Simplex3
08-26-2005, 10:48 AM
I will face Skip.
Only I will remain.
I've heard that about you. I don't think Skip swings that way, though.

Biohazard
08-26-2005, 11:03 AM
I must not fear Skip.
Skip is the mind-killer.
Skip is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face Skip.
Only I will remain.
WTF! I think that you have been in that basement a little to long playing the old five knuckle shuffle to the male hottie thread!

Douche Baggins
08-26-2005, 11:06 AM
WTF! I think that you have been in that basement a little to long playing the old five knuckle shuffle to the male hottie thread!

http://www.arrakis-ttm.com/books/dune-illustrated.gif

HolmeZz
08-26-2005, 11:16 AM

wtmf???

eff the donkeys
08-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Over 10,000 posts = 40-year-old Virgin

Biohazard
08-26-2005, 11:20 AM
http://www.arrakis-ttm.com/books/dune-illustrated.gif
I would have thought better of you had you posted a pic of the new playboy cover!But that would be like thinking gas prices were going to drop down below a 1$ next week!

Douche Baggins
08-26-2005, 11:22 AM
I would have thought better of you had you posted a pic of the new playboy cover!But that would be like thinking gas prices were going to drop down below a 1$ next week!

I quoted Dune.

Biohazard
08-26-2005, 11:29 AM
I quoted Dune.
Yeah I caught that, you know with the big DuNe pic and all!

Halfcan
08-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Halfcan-the leader of the Noobs! Wow I like that-lol. And no Phobia it doesn't bug me at all-been called worse. I guess I jumped the gun on Dartgod, technically he is a noob too-wow how funny. Under 10 K in post=Noob, so that means most of the people I thought were oldtimers are now just Noobs. Wow that levels out the playing field.

After tomorrow night vs. Seahawks, you guys have a right to change your position. Some think we are in for a long season-and really they havn't shown much except glaring holes all over the place and a bench full of hurt players. So after the offense plays into the third quarter-we should know a little more.

Nice poem Go Chiefs-the oldtimers must be proud.

chagrin
08-26-2005, 11:50 AM
The 10k thing was BS Halfcan, Skip was fugging with you.

Simplex3
08-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Over 10,000 posts = 40-year-old Virgin
Nice work noob, except that Skip is more like 400 years old.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2005, 12:46 PM
F#ckin' noobs...

carlos3652
08-26-2005, 12:54 PM
ROFL...

chefsos
08-26-2005, 12:59 PM
I've said this before in another thread, but what I want to see the Chiefs do this year is very simple:

Surprise people. Other teams, national columnists or radio/TV guys, whoever, I don't care. I don't mean by going 16-0, I want to see one or more of the guys we know here but who are still unknown nationally, have a breakout game, year, etc. I would list 'em, but you already know them all and I'm lazy.
I want the D to dominate at least a few games.
I want to see more people here in the East sporting R&G, so I can call 'em n00bs.

Shag
08-26-2005, 01:15 PM
20-0.

The entire Chiefs team will be voted to the pro bowl, and then they'll whoop up on the NFC, giving them that ever-elusive 20th win. Scanlon wins NFL MVP, Boomer gets SB MVP, and Griffin is pro bowl MVP.

20-0.

Biohazard
08-26-2005, 01:19 PM
F#ckin' noobs...
:moon:

:)

Skip Towne
08-26-2005, 02:12 PM
This site currently has 63 posters with more than 10,000 posts. You have to draw the line somewhere.

BigRedChief
08-26-2005, 02:15 PM
This site currently has 63 posters with more than 10,000 posts. You have to draw the line somewhere.

This is a noobs only thread. Quit bothering us! :harumph:

Halfcan
08-26-2005, 04:25 PM
The noobs are coming out of everywhere, now that we know who is who. Ten K in post sounds good-so how many noobs are there now-I would guess a lot more than what we thought.

ChiefsFire
08-26-2005, 04:30 PM
the old farts are jealous because before for long they will be dying off and the "noobs" will rule this place and we can shove their rottening,stinking corpses into a pile and light them on fire and dance around it..

oh sorry rough day carry on

Skip Towne
08-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey, halfwit, are you trying to organize the n00bs to take over the Planet? We had a guy (Fax) try that once and we had to off him.

ChiefsFire
08-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey, halfwit, are you trying to organize the n00bs to take over the Planet? We had a guy (Fax) try that once and we had to off him.
nah

were not taking over the planet,were waiting patiently for the inevitable...

once you guys succumb to the message board retirement home,we will come visit and bring ya hard candies once a year

eff the donkeys
08-26-2005, 04:48 PM
I just wanted to add another post to work toward non-noobdom. At this rate, it should only take ten years or so. I also think we'll go maybe 6-0, then have a couple character-building losses, then run the table. See you (noobs or not) in Detroit.

Bowser
08-26-2005, 04:59 PM