PDA

View Full Version : Chicken from the grocery store . Hormones and dry.....

Ninjaman
08-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Any grillers out there agree ? Seems the chicken breasts are bigger with the hormone shots and the white meat is now HUGE.

But the prob is taste. I know that the health worries has the industry concern but make some that are fatty and good. Let consumer select.

ChiefsFire
08-26-2005, 07:43 PM
i love a big juicy succulent breast

NewChief
08-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Totally agree. It's just like with fruit. As it grows bigger, the taste becomes more diffuse (spread out) over the flesh. Thus it doesn't taste as good. Don't believe me?

Go buy one of those big red beautiful looking apples at Wal-Mart and then get a nice little organically grown worm-ridden apple from your local orchard and compare the two. Unfortunately the American public is easily fooled by appearances.

ChiefsFire
08-26-2005, 07:48 PM
ya gotta wonder what all that crap theyre putting in stuff will do to the human body down the road..

all those hormones may cause us all to grow manboobs

Phobia
08-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Mickelson line in 3.....

Ninjaman
08-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Family members went overseas and said the same about the taste of food there versus here.

We are eating more organic. We just take the skin if we want lean and less fat.

I read somewhere that the chickens grown at TYSON can't even walk right they are so stuffed with growth hormone. The breasts are fricking huge and zero taste because they have no fat in them.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Buy "Smart Chicken." It's organic and available in most grocery stores (not just organic stores).

Fried Meat Ball!
08-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Also, some of the difference in size and taste, Tyson chicken at Wal-Mart is injected with water (it says, "contains up to 30% water)... that makes it look bigger (also it makes it weigh more).

NewChief
08-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Totally agree. It's just like with fruit. As it grows bigger, the taste becomes more diffuse (spread out) over the flesh. Thus it doesn't taste as good. Don't believe me?

Go buy one of those big red beautiful looking apples at Wal-Mart and then get a nice little organically grown worm-ridden apple from your local orchard and compare the two. Unfortunately the American public is easily fooled by appearances.

Hate to quote myself, but I didn't really get to finish my thought. The "imperfect" apple with blemishes, weird shape, and worm holes will taste far superior to that beautiful waxy unnaturally red and perfect apple from wal-mart. It's the same with chickens or anything you eat.

As for Tyson chicken, I live in NW Arkansas, home of Tyson and Wally world. You're right on with the Tyson chickens. They can't walk. They're mass produced pieces of meat that are grown at incredible rates from egg to harvest. They're extremely unnatural and we should probably all be avoiding them. But DAAAMN. Chicken tastes good and it sure is cheap. ;)

Seriously, I've read so much stuff like Fast Food Nation (highly recommend it), yet I still end up eating lowest common denominator food from time to time. Convenience...it's the American Way.

ENDelt260
08-26-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm conducting a race.... unnatural foods, excessive alcohol, cigarettes, and narcotics.... which will kill me first?

I'll keep you posted on the results. Unless, of course, a bus wins.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-26-2005, 10:15 PM
I've got dibs on being hit by a bus. You of course are drunk and smoking at the time. You just left a McDonalds where you were shooting heroin.

ENDelt260
08-26-2005, 10:20 PM
I've got dibs on being hit by a bus. You of course are drunk and smoking at the time. You just left a McDonalds where you were shooting heroin.
I find this post quite insulting.

I would never go to McDonald's.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-26-2005, 10:21 PM
I find this post quite insulting.

I would never go to McDonald's.
That's where the heroin and fat hookers are.

ENDelt260
08-26-2005, 10:24 PM
That's where the heroin and fat hookers are.
Heroin's one of a handful of drugs I've never tried. I'm not good with needles. I have to look away when I get blood drawn or I'll get light headed.

And, c'mon, fat hookers? Fat girls are free.

NewChief
08-26-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm conducting a race.... unnatural foods, excessive alcohol, cigarettes, and narcotics.... which will kill me first?

This actually reminds me of a lot of people I used to know. They wouldn't touch any food that wasn't organic or free range or whatever, but they'd sit there and snort rails of coke and smoke Natural American Spirit like it was going out of style.

:banghead:

NewChief
08-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Heroin's one of a handful of drugs I've never tried. I'm not good with needles. I have to look away when I get blood drawn or I'll get light headed.

Dude, didn't you get the memo from your dealer? They've got H you can snort or smoke these days. No need for the needle. Come on man, there's a monkey out there with your back's name on it!

Fried Meat Ball!
08-26-2005, 10:25 PM

ROFL

You're killin' me here.

ENDelt260
08-26-2005, 10:26 PM
This actually reminds me of a lot of people I used to know. They wouldn't touch any food that wasn't organic or free range or whatever, but they'd sit there and snort rails of coke and smoke Natural American Spirit like it was going out of style.

:banghead:
Haha... I love people who think Natural American Spirits are good for ya. I've smoked 'em... I like 'em, they're good cigs. But, I just get the free cartons. The people who go out of their way to buy 'em cause they've bought into the "no additive" hype make me giggle.

NewChief
08-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Haha... I love people who think Natural American Spirits are good for ya. I've smoked 'em... I like 'em, they're good cigs. But, I just get the free cartons. The people who go out of their way to buy 'em cause they've bought into the "no additive" hype make me giggle.

Yeah, it's a crappy rolling tobacco, though. Dries out too fast. I smoked it for a while, but went to Bali Shag, because it rolls so much better. Finally gave up the habit altogether, though. If I did take it up again, I'd go back to rolling my own. Much more enjoyable for some reason.

ENDelt260
08-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Dude, didn't you get the memo from your dealer? They've got H you can snort or smoke these days. No need for the needle. Come on man, there's a monkey out there with your back's name on it!
Heh, I've got enough monkeys as it is.

ENDelt260
08-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Well, I see it's about time for me to go drunkenly wander in traffic. See you guys later.

Maybe.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-26-2005, 10:29 PM
I've normally stuck to cigars, pipes or rolling cigs with pipe tobacco.

I used to smoke non-filter Djarum International clove cigs... then Djarum stopped making them. :cuss:

Ninjaman
08-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Thanks for hijacking the thread !

The topic started on chicken but ended up on cigarettes.

:cuss: :clap:

Bob Dole
08-27-2005, 05:54 AM
Bo (Pilgrim) knows chicken.

Herzig
08-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Hate to quote myself, but I didn't really get to finish my thought. The "imperfect" apple with blemishes, weird shape, and worm holes will taste far superior to that beautiful waxy unnaturally red and perfect apple from wal-mart. It's the same with chickens or anything you eat.

As for Tyson chicken, I live in NW Arkansas, home of Tyson and Wally world. You're right on with the Tyson chickens. They can't walk. They're mass produced pieces of meat that are grown at incredible rates from egg to harvest. They're extremely unnatural and we should probably all be avoiding them. But DAAAMN. Chicken tastes good and it sure is cheap. ;)

Seriously, I've read so much stuff like Fast Food Nation (highly recommend it), yet I still end up eating lowest common denominator food from time to time. Convenience...it's the American Way.

Shhhhhhhhh...you're going to hurt the booming economy here...The infrastructure may start to actually keep up with the population boom here.

NewChief
08-27-2005, 07:57 AM
Shhhhhhhhh...you're going to hurt the booming economy here...The infrastructure may start to actually keep up with the population boom here.

God forbid!;)

BTW, have you figured out if UPN is carrying the game or not? I'm hoping they are, but the schedules I've seen don't look like it.

Herzig
08-27-2005, 08:03 AM
God forbid!;)

BTW, have you figured out if UPN is carrying the game or not? I'm hoping they are, but the schedules I've seen don't look like it.

Just checked. It's on UPN.:thumb:

6:30 Pregame show. 7:30 game. TiVo is set. I really need to call UPN or write to thank them for carrying the KC preseason games this year. My old house(now my rent house) has a big ugly antenna that I mounted on the back of the house that I just pick up Chiefs preseason games from Joplin/Springfield. Don't have to do that anymore!

NewChief
08-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Just checked. It's on UPN.:thumb:

6:30 Pregame show. 7:30 game. TiVo is set. I really need to call UPN or write to thank them for carrying the KC preseason games this year. My old house(now my rent house) has a big ugly antenna that I mounted on the back of the house that I just pick up Chiefs preseason games from Joplin/Springfield. Don't have to do that anymore!

Excellent! It has definitely been sweet having the games on UPN. We don't have cable, but that's one of the stations we get with our bunny ears.;)