PDA

View Full Version : Will Junior Siavii Have More Sacks Than Arrests This Season?

NaptownChief
08-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Was wondering on the way home as to whether this big POS will ever get on the field and then that got me thinking..."Hmm, good chance he will have more arrests this season that sacks. What a wonderful pick..."

What do you think? More, less or the same?

TRR
08-26-2005, 09:19 PM
I think he'll have more sacks than arrests. The question is, will he have more sacks than missed games??

NaptownChief
08-26-2005, 09:20 PM
I think he'll have more sacks than arrests. The question is, will he have more sacks than missed games??

I would be willing drop a decent chunck of change on the missed games over the sack total.

tk13
08-26-2005, 09:22 PM
He'll have more sacks than Eric Downing.

OOOOOOOOOOH. Burned. :D

NaptownChief
08-26-2005, 09:25 PM
He'll have more sacks than Eric Downing.

OOOOOOOOOOH. Burned. :D

Don't be so sure...Good chance they will both tie you and I this season. :D

the Talking Can
08-26-2005, 09:26 PM
well, he isn't going to have any sacks, so....

Coach
08-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Arrests > Sacks.

If he ever sees the field that is.

Logical
08-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Personally I would like to see them cut him. But that is just me.

TRR
08-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Hell, I'm 6'3, 165 pounds, and I could produce at least 1 sack over a 16 game period at DT. In 16 games, a QB is almost bound to trip over you at some point during the season.

siberian khatru
08-26-2005, 09:48 PM
I don't think Siavii has a sack, if you catch my drift.

bringbackmarty
08-26-2005, 09:56 PM
are we counting preseason arrests, or possibly sacks?

Fire Me Boy!
08-26-2005, 09:59 PM
I want to know how many times Sims is going to break his stomach diving for an INT...

Darkwolfe
08-26-2005, 10:00 PM
He'll get a sack, get too happy, drink too much, punch somebody, get arrested....

Rinse, repeat....

NaptownChief
08-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Hell, I'm 6'3, 165 pounds, and I could produce at least 1 sack over a 16 game period at DT. In 16 games, a QB is almost bound to trip over you at some point during the season.

Sounds reasonable but Sims has only mustered 5 in 37 games and Browning played 16 games in 2003 and recorded just 1/2 of a sack. Siavii played in 12 games last year and recorded just 1.

Seems that our DT's have a way of defying logic. I would say the over/under on Siavii and sacks would be set at 1.5 had he been practicing. Now that he has missed most of camp I would say it has been reduced to .5.

ENDelt260
08-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Hell, I'm 6'3, 165 pounds

Do you have to run around in the shower to get wet?

NaptownChief
08-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Looks like about 73% think he is a big POS without much talent....That seems like a pretty fair representation of the fan base.

If it weren't for Rat and the Clarrett Jug Head pick and the Titans Pac Man pick I believe Siavii would be the dumbest high round pick in the last ten years. And I am not speaking to the biggest bust as many players bust and most don't see it coming I am just speaking based on all the known facts at the time of the pick.

The known facts....Very raw and struggled to even get playing time in college, very old for a rookie (25 at the time of the pick) which makes trying to develop a raw talent that much more foolish as he will be on the downside of his physical ability by the time he would come around, we needed immediate help on the defensive side of the ball so a raw project made even less sense, previous arrest for assault and the majority of scouting reports believed he was a later round pick than the early second.

Bowser
08-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Careful Nappy - ten years ago we took Trezelle Jenkins.......

whoman69
08-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Looks like about 73% think he is a big POS without much talent....That seems like a pretty fair representation of the fan base.
If it weren't for Rat and the Clarrett Jug Head pick and the Titans Pac Man pick I believe Siavii would be the dumbest high round pick in the last ten years. And I am not speaking to the biggest bust as many players bust and most don't see it coming I am just speaking based on all the known facts at the time of the pick.
The known facts....Very raw and struggled to even get playing time in college, very old for a rookie (25 at the time of the pick) which makes trying to develop a raw talent that much more foolish as he will be on the downside of his physical ability by the time he would come around, we needed immediate help on the defensive side of the ball so a raw project made even less sense, previous arrest for assault and the majority of scouting reports believed he was a later round pick than the early second.
We've had alot of stupid 2nd round picks in the last 10 years so that's a pretty big statement. You have to add of the stupidest pick the Lions passing on Derrick Johnson to draft a 3rd straight top 10 receiver.

NaptownChief
08-27-2005, 09:23 AM
We've had alot of stupid 2nd round picks in the last 10 years so that's a pretty big statement. You have to add of the stupidest pick the Lions passing on Derrick Johnson to draft a 3rd straight top 10 receiver.

Definitely very questionable based on need but the kid was widely considered a top talent, no character issues, not raw and wasn't drafted much earlier than his talent would dictate. If they believe Charles Rogers is made of glass and don't expect much from him then it actually won't be a bad pick even based on need but that is a big if at this point.

Bowser
08-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Definitely very questionable based on need but the kid was widely considered a top talent, no character issues, not raw and wasn't drafted much earlier than his talent would dictate. If they believe Charles Rogers is made of glass and don't expect much from him then it actually won't be a bad pick even based on need but that is a big if at this point.

Granted if Rogers is a porcelain doll, but they picked up Kevin Johnson in the offseason! I think a team would be more interested in a dominate linebacking corp over a dominate wide receiver corp. DJ would have looked good next to Teddy Lehman and Boss Bailey.

Oh well. Their loss, our gain.