PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives, why do you no longer support George Bush?

Logical
08-27-2005, 01:38 AM
64% no longer support him so that means a lot of conservatives no longer support him.

Thought I would do a Planet Poll of Conservatives to get a feel for the reasons?

Fried Meat Ball!
08-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Your pole is flawed.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Or just missing. :eek:

Fried Meat Ball!
08-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Do Gaz options not exist in the political forum? Just curious...

Logical
Do Gaz options not exist in the political forum? Just curious...Sometimes, but definitely not as likely.

luv
I must say that I ride the fence when it comes to politics. When judging by my vote on "moral" issues, I would be considered Republican. When judging by economics, I would be considered Democrat. I supported Bush in 2000. Was very easy to do since I detested Gore. I did not really support either candidate in 2004. I would have to say my lack of support for Bush was due to the deline in the economy. And I think others might have swayed away from supporting him due to troops in the middle east. Sure it was good to attack. I thought the goal was to capture Saddam. So, what are we still doing over there? Playing police? Don't they have people to do that? Just my opinions, as usual.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-27-2005, 01:48 AM
OK... for the record, I voted the religion issue and the last one... BUT, I do still believe he was the lesser of two evils in comparison to Kerry.

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2005, 01:57 AM
OK... for the record, I voted the religion issue and the last one... BUT, I do still believe he was the lesser of two evils in comparison to Kerry.Yes, Kerry was/is a turd. The democrats are ****ing stoopid. They bitched about what a lousy POTUS Bush was/is, then they offer up Kerry. Fuqtards...

Fried Meat Ball!
08-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Yes, Kerry was/is a turd. The democrats are ****ing stoopid. They bitched about what a lousy POTUS Bush was/is, then they offer up Kerry. Fuqtards...
Would have been a better election with the Dem. ticket reversed.

luv
08-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Your pole is flawed.
You're referring to another man's pole? Brave guy.

I trust you meant poll. :p

Fried Meat Ball!
08-27-2005, 02:06 AM

I trust you meant poll. :p
No... it's a common thing to critize someone's "pole" if it is missing the Gaz option, or if you get the post in before the poll gets going.

luv
08-27-2005, 02:10 AM
No... it's a common thing to critize someone's "pole" if it is missing the Gaz option, or if you get the post in before the poll gets going.
OH, okay. Wasn't up to the Planet etiquette on that one.

Carry on.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-27-2005, 02:12 AM
OH, okay. Wasn't up to the Planet etiquette on that one.

Carry on.
That's okay... when I posted it, Vlad was having problems getting his pole up.

Logical
08-27-2005, 02:26 AM
Yes, Kerry was/is a turd. The democrats are ****ing stoopid. They bitched about what a lousy POTUS Bush was/is, then they offer up Kerry. Fuqtards...So why no vote, there is even a liberal option so everyone can vote.;)

Taco John
08-27-2005, 02:30 AM
I used to support him. I was all on board until it became clear that there were no WMDs. March 2004 the wheels fell off for me, and then Abu Grhaib hit, and it became clear that this administration was completely incompetent and not up for such a momentous task.

Add to that his grade on domestic conservative causes that are important to me by any standard is an F, and there's no reason I can possibly think to support this guy except that he had a bullhorn and gave me a special feeling one day when I was feeling down. He can shove his bullhorn up his butt.

Duck Dog
08-27-2005, 02:57 AM
As a country our biggest threat is our border policies. Bush fails miserably in that area, as does every other politician in Washington.

Also I have to call BS on his 'with us' or 'with out us' policy. If it were true, Pakistan would be ruble by now.

That being said, Rove is still the best man for the job.

memyselfI
08-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Nice poll.

I would expect every conservative who's complained about my 'negativity', some to the point of voting to ban and thereby censoring my 'negative' view on the war, would relish the chance to stand up and stand behind their man and make their support known in this public fashion. Afterall, they have no compunction about publicly stating their disdain for something/someone who is opposed to their view.

I'd suspect they'd be honored to go on record for their continued support or lackthereof of the President and/or his policies.

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2005, 07:41 AM
So why no vote, there is even a liberal option so everyone can vote.;)ROFL Liberal option...

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Would have been a better election with the Dem. ticket reversed.

I agree 1000%

HolyHandgernade
08-27-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm a registered Republican, but always more moderate than conservative. That said, W was the first Re. candidate I didn't vote for (I voted for McCain in 2000). The main reason I didn't support him then and don't to this day is because I never thought he had the required reflective depth for the job. I'm not talking about intelligence. I mean the ability to take in larger pictures and make to tough decisions after considering such. He always appeared to surface oriented and it showed up in how he proscecuted the case for war. I'm not saying someone else, with such a depth, might have also come to the same conclusion, but there is a difference in the reasoning process which can lead to better strategy in the unfoldment.

-HH

RedDread
08-27-2005, 01:07 PM
If McCain gets the nod in '08 I'll be voting for him, even though I usually vote Democratic.

Ugly Duck
08-27-2005, 01:12 PM
I can't pass up a chance to remind everyone that he's a liar!

Baby Lee
08-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I can't pass up a chance to remind everyone that Jesus is your Lord and Savior!
While we're making proclamations of faith. :thumb:

mlyonsd
08-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I can't pass up a chance to remind everyone that he's a liar!

You and your dictionary can go back to that black hole you live in seeing it's getting close to FB season. :)

WilliamTheIrish
08-27-2005, 02:24 PM
I voted for W in 00. It was a case of lesser evils. (I thought)

About August of 04 is when I knew I'd vote for anybody but W. I did not find Kerry/Edwards to be anything but more of the same ol' and for the first time voted Libertarian. I'd do it again tomorrow.

11dy billion to Afrika, 111dy billion on free dope for seniors, not setting the sun on SS, failing to do a gd thing about immigration.(my #1 gripe)

Sending Colin Powell's political career to the gas chamber by putting him in front of the UN with that shit presentation. I really liked Powell. Thought he'd be the next GOP POTUS. The administration sent him out there, and like a soldier, he went.

The war is starting to make me nervous. Not nervous in that we can't win, but nervous that we the people don't have the stomach or the will to see it through to it's conclusion.
The battle for the hearts and minds of Americans is now in the balance. In that respect it reminds of Nam when I was a teen.
I think maybe we put too much emphasis on the deadline for the Iraqi constitution. Certainly more pressure than final product got (to this point). But a democracy takes time to build. However a 'western' type democracy is a pipe dream. I suppose the best we'll see is a sort of secular democracy in the manner of Turkey. So that means the possibility of several strong-arm leaders backed by an Army.

There are several other gripes I have but can't think of at the moment.

WilliamTheIrish
08-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh f*ck, I forgot my biggest gripe:

How the hell can this administration basically spoon in bed with the Saudi's? The biggest exporter of radical Islamists.

Makes me sick.

go bowe
08-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Do Gaz options not exist in the political forum? Just curious...we want gaz...

we want gaz...

we want gaz...

go bowe
08-27-2005, 02:33 PM

I trust you meant poll. :pok, drop the second line and replace it with

nttawwt

go bowe
08-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Nice poll.

I would expect every conservative who's complained about my 'negativity', some to the point of voting to ban and thereby censoring my 'negative' view on the war, would relish the chance to stand up and stand behind their man and make their support known in this public fashion. Afterall, they have no compunction about publicly stating their disdain for something/someone who is opposed to their view.

I'd suspect they'd be honored to go on record for their continued support or lackthereof of the President and/or his policies.stop taunting...

isn't that like a 15 yard penalty?

(this is a football board)

go bowe
08-27-2005, 03:26 PM
I voted for W in 00. It was a case of lesser evils. (I thought)

About August of 04 is when I knew I'd vote for anybody but W. I did not find Kerry/Edwards to be anything but more of the same ol' and for the first time voted Libertarian. I'd do it again tomorrow.

11dy billion to Afrika, 111dy billion on free dope for seniors, not setting the sun on SS, failing to do a gd thing about immigration.(my #1 gripe)

Sending Colin Powell's political career to the gas chamber by putting him in front of the UN with that shit presentation. I really liked Powell. Thought he'd be the next GOP POTUS. The administration sent him out there, and like a soldier, he went.

The war is starting to make me nervous. Not nervous in that we can't win, but nervous that we the people don't have the stomach or the will to see it through to it's conclusion.
The battle for the hearts and minds of Americans is now in the balance. In that respect it reminds of Nam when I was a teen.
I think maybe we put too much emphasis on the deadline for the Iraqi constitution. Certainly more pressure than final product got (to this point). But a democracy takes time to build. However a 'western' type democracy is a pipe dream. I suppose the best we'll see is a sort of secular democracy in the manner of Turkey. So that means the possibility of several strong-arm leaders backed by an Army.

There are several other gripes I have but can't think of at the moment.while there are many substantial differences, there are also some disturbing similarities between our vietnam involvement and our iraq involvement...

Ugly Duck
08-27-2005, 08:54 PM
How the hell can this administration basically spoon in bed with the Saudi's? The biggest exporter of radical Islamists.
Not for long. Now that we've turned secular Iraq into an Islamic State, they'll have plenty of battle-hardened radicals to export soon.

KC Jones
08-27-2005, 09:22 PM
I just figured I'd explain my vote

I don't consider myself a liberal and I didn't feel compelled to vote, but got sick of having to click on see results and since I'm not a conservative didn't think I should vote for anything else.

StcChief
08-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Still better than sKerry. IF he was in office, we would have been hit again already.

memyselfI
08-28-2005, 08:30 AM
This poll is 24 hours old and only ten folks on this board have stepped forward to vote that they still support DUHbya? :eek:

What happened to all of the folks who continue to maintain things are ok in Iraq and that the problem is the negative media and the Dems? :hmmm:

DaKCMan AP
08-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Still better than sKerry. IF he was in office, we would have been hit again already.

ROFL

Ugly Duck
08-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Uh-oh.... now we gotta nuther problem. Bush just announced that a hurricane is bearing down on N'Oleans. But his lying has destroyed his credibility to the point that folks might now assume that there is not a hurricane a'comin. I hope the people in Luziana realize that just because Bush said something, that doesn't neccesarily mean that it is a lie. Folks, there really is a hurricane even though Bush said it. There are credible sources out there warning of a hurricane, this is a time when Bush is not lying.

memyselfI
08-28-2005, 11:46 AM
So more people were willing to publicly throw there support against me than they are FOR DUHbya... ROFL

Given all of the OOOPs with this administration, I don't blame them. But with all of the lip we've heard from the 'Right' side of the board about how the libs and the left are NOT supporting the President, the troops, the war, etc. it's amusing to see so few willing to do it when not in an attack of another person's view... :hmmm:

Baby Lee
08-28-2005, 11:52 AM
So more people were willing to publicly throw there support against me than they are FOR DUHbya... ROFL

Given all of the OOOPs with this administration, I don't blame them. But with all of the lip we've heard from the 'Right' side of the board about how the libs and the left are NOT supporting the President, the troops, the war, etc. it's amusing to see so few willing to do it when not in an attack of another person's view... :hmmm:
Geez, if only there were a mechanism to indicate support other than voting in a dumbass poll on a FB BB. Maybe we could hold it, say, every 4 years.
On the broader issue of 'supporting' Bush. When it comes to brass tacks, I support every president for the duration of their presidency. I'll criticize specifics as the situation warrants, but I've never been, my life thus far part of the pukey "He's not MY president" crowd.

Ugly Duck
08-28-2005, 11:54 AM
So more people were willing to publicly throw there support against me than they are FOR DUHbya... ROFL Support for the Bushron admin has been whittled down to the nubbin. Righties are now reduced to the "Dems are Worse" defense. Its all they got left in the arsenal. They usta rant about the "Anybody but Bush" angle of the campaign, and due to the neocon failures they now they hafta run their own version.... "Anybody but the Dems."

memyselfI
08-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Support for the Bushron admin has been whittled down to the nubbin. Righties are now reduced to the "Dems are Worse" defense. Its all they got left in the arsenal. They usta rant about the "Anybody but Bush" angle of the campaign, and due to the neocon failures they now they hafta run their own version.... "Anybody but the Dems."

Agreed. But I also think this illustrates a point I've been making for months. And that is that much of the shrill vocals attacking anyone questioning or critisizing the war or the President are mere deflection from the fact that those making those vocals are not really about supporting their president/the war rather they are more about attacking those who outwardly don't.

Because when push comes to shove very few can do more than repeat CON/WH talking points and regurgitate politcal slogans. There is not much going out on a limb to support the war or the president outside of canned patriotic political rhetoric...

and they realize it. Thus, the deflection to attack those who are sincere in their views against the war and the President's policies that started it. At this juncture, it's much easier to make the AW folks the problem, rather than admitting the real problem(s), and try to keep them on the defensive rather than actually defend DUHbya and his failed policies.

Jenson71
08-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Too many questions, not enough answers with the Iraq situation.

mlyonsd
08-28-2005, 01:03 PM

Don't mistake silence for steadfast resolve.

Logical
08-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Support on the Planet evidently less than among the general populace. 11 out of 35 votes support Bush so that is 31.4%

Good new we are not as shrill and unobjective as many of the liberals such as jAZ would have you believe.

Ugly Duck
08-29-2005, 12:42 AM
when push comes to shove very few can do more than repeat CON/WH talking points and regurgitate politcal slogans. There is not much going out on a limb to support the war or the president outside of canned patriotic political rhetoric....
An dats da troof. Wutta weak and feeble stand.

Taco John
08-29-2005, 01:09 AM
I'm a registered Republican, but always more moderate than conservative. That said, W was the first Re. candidate I didn't vote for (I voted for McCain in 2000). The main reason I didn't support him then and don't to this day is because I never thought he had the required reflective depth for the job. I'm not talking about intelligence. I mean the ability to take in larger pictures and make to tough decisions after considering such. He always appeared to surface oriented and it showed up in how he proscecuted the case for war. I'm not saying someone else, with such a depth, might have also come to the same conclusion, but there is a difference in the reasoning process which can lead to better strategy in the unfoldment.

-HH

That's interesting. I couldn't vote for him because it was obvious that this is exactly why he was being picked by the people with the money.

|Zach|
08-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Too many questions, not enough answers with the Iraq situation.
http://home.tiscali.be/alain.ernotte/livre/confucius.jpg

Nightfyre
08-29-2005, 02:40 AM
You see, my support for Bush left when he focused on the wrong issues, namely the social ones. then there was that whole war bit, in which he deceived the entire world. That will have consequences down the road, next time someone actually does have WMDs, bank on it.

BTW luv2rite, being conservative socially (agreeing with republicans) and being conservative financially (agreeing with democrats) makes you the polar opposite of a libertarian... An authoritarian or facist. :D just thought you should know.
http://disney.go.com/educational/abcclassroom/support/twe/SA_PoliticalDiamond.pdf

luv
08-29-2005, 02:47 AM
You see, my support for Bush left when he focused on the wrong issues, namely the social ones. then there was that whole war bit, in which he deceived the entire world. That will have consequences down the road, next time someone actually does have WMDs, bank on it.

BTW luv2rite, being conservative socially (agreeing with republicans) and being conservative financially (agreeing with democrats) makes you the polar opposite of a libertarian... An authoritarian or facist. :D just thought you should know.
http://disney.go.com/educational/abcclassroom/support/twe/SA_PoliticalDiamond.pdf
Okay, I'm politically retarded. Is what you said a good thing or a bad thing. Guess I could try clicking on the link and seeing if I can find out.

luv
08-29-2005, 02:53 AM

Okay, I do know what a fascist is, and that I am not one. That was kinda rude.

Nightfyre
08-29-2005, 02:58 AM
Okay, I do know what a fascist is, and that I am not one. That was kinda rude.
Now now, facist is often shed in a bad light. Its a political belief set associated with some bad people, like communism.

luv
08-29-2005, 03:02 AM
Now now, facist is often shed in a bad light. Its a political belief set associated with some bad people, like communism.
A fascist suppresses opposition and wants dictatorship. I believe opposition can bring choices. And I strongly believe in our right to vote. I believe in being fair. I may be pro-life, but I do not believe in tax cuts for the rich. That makes me a fascist?

Nightfyre
08-29-2005, 03:06 AM
A fascist suppresses opposition and wants dictatorship. I believe opposition can bring choices. And I strongly believe in our right to vote. I believe in being fair. I may be pro-life, but I do not believe in tax cuts for the rich. That makes me a fascist?

That makes you authoritarian. You believe in strong government influence in all spheres of government, ie the oppression of abortion, ie the inequal taxation.

luv
08-29-2005, 03:10 AM
That makes you authoritarian. You believe in strong government influence in all spheres of government, ie the oppression of abortion, ie the inequal taxation.
Believing in democracy has nothing to do with anything? I do not wish to be ruled by a dictator.

Nightfyre
08-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Believing in democracy has nothing to do with anything? I do not wish to be ruled by a dictator.
democracy can still be authoritarian. Its not all about the dictator, its about the control the government exhibits over its people relative to its current level.

luv
08-29-2005, 03:12 AM
democracy can still be authoritarian.
Not a fascist, which is what I believe you called me the first time.

Nightfyre
08-29-2005, 03:13 AM
Not a fascist, which is what I believe you called me the first time.
I believe I said an authoritarian or a fascist. you opted for the authoritarian side of the or.

luv
08-29-2005, 03:15 AM
I believe I said an authoritarian or a fascist. you opted for the authoritarian side of the or.
I apologize then. I read that as you associating the two together.

Nightfyre
08-29-2005, 03:31 AM
I apologize then. I read that as you associating the two together.
They are kind of linked together, yet seperated by the whole dictator bit. Dumb internet, lacking all its voice inflections.

Kraut
08-30-2005, 06:46 AM
The big reason I have moved away from Bush is his stand on immigration. Or better put no stand at all. He has totally ignored the problem we have at our boarders. It is bad when the states along the southern boarder have to declare states of emergancy in order to do something about the problem. :shake: Bush has been out to lunch since he was reelected. It has gotten so bad that I have dropped my membership in the Republican party to join the Constitutional Party.

chagrin
08-30-2005, 07:11 AM
This poll is 24 hours old and only ten folks on this board have stepped forward to vote that they still support DUHbya? :eek:

What happened to all of the folks who continue to maintain things are ok in Iraq and that the problem is the negative media and the Dems? :hmmm:

How about, not everybody is a housewife and has time to sit here 24/7 and instigate hostility while claiming to just "have an opposite view" of things conservative?

Here's my 2 cents simpson:

I support the war, I support the troops, I believe we should be MORE active in fighting this war (more troops, more firepower and more aggressive campaigns against Osama in Afghan and Pakistan and Syria). I have friends in Iraq and Afghan and I am sickened by your finding humor in recruitment being down and anything that goes wrong over there, ieven if it's a poor planning scenario, etc.(but am not going into that because I, like you, am just stating my opinion and don't wish to argue about it.)

I believe that our president needs to take action on protecting our borders (I honestly don't have enough time to write the whole thing here) by that I mean forces in the South and the North. I don't know how long it would take to clean up the INS but it needs to be swept and cleaned. He won't do it for some reason right now.

I hate the Saudi 'government" and have a great displeasure for this relationship we have with him (keep in mind though, he is not the only president to kiss their asses).

I could say alot more, but I don't have the time right now. I will chime in from time to time though when I feel like it. I prefer football talk more than debates so that's why I do it this way. If you don't like it, you should choose the self responsibility option (ignore).

Finally, I would rather have Bush than this:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/kerry_millionaire.jpg

Brock
08-30-2005, 07:14 AM
What a hilarious poll.

BIG_DADDY
08-30-2005, 11:21 AM
My issues with GW are:

1. Overspending and creating an even bigger government.
2. The Patriot Act
3. Failing to reform SS
4. Not doing enough to get rid of gun laws.
5. Massive support of BIG MONEY.
6. Misplaced agenda like getting the government involved in sports.

Logical
08-30-2005, 01:03 PM
What a hilarious poll.I tried to make it unbiased and give everyone an option. What about it do you think was unfair?

memyselfI
08-30-2005, 01:05 PM
How about, not everybody is a housewife and has time to sit here 24/7 and instigate hostility while claiming to just "have an opposite view" of things conservative?

Here's my 2 cents simpson:

How about I work a full time job and don't hate anything conservative but everything RWNJ.

If you hate the Saudis and still support DUHbya's policies in the ME then you are a very confused person and deeply in denial too boot.

Uatu
08-30-2005, 01:07 PM
He's done some good, some bad. I would give him a C. Wish there would have been a better, more conservative alternative but he's allright.

Still miles better than either of the other choices.

Brock
08-30-2005, 01:20 PM
I tried to make it unbiased and give everyone an option. What about it do you think was unfair?

I just thought it was funny how you addressed it to conservatives, but there are some obvious non-conservatives weighing in on it.

Logical
08-30-2005, 01:30 PM
I just thought it was funny how you addressed it to conservatives, but there are some obvious non-conservatives weighing in on it.I see

Calcountry
08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
64% no longer support him so that means a lot of conservatives no longer support him.

Thought I would do a Planet Poll of Conservatives to get a feel for the reasons?Because Bush is too sensitive and caring and compassionate.

go bowe
08-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Not a fascist, which is what I believe you called me the first time.your (cp spelling) a facist? :eek: :eek: :eek:

well, you could have fooled me... :) :) :) :) :)

Lbedrock1
08-30-2005, 02:19 PM
The kind of people that still support an administration like this are those that have not been hurt by their policies and do not give a crap about others in this country. They are the selfish ones that are ok with everything that doesn't affect them in a negative way.

Uatu
08-30-2005, 02:27 PM
The proper way to write this would have been:

_ I am a Conservative who still generally supports Bush
_ I am a Conservative who no longer generally supports Bush
_ I am a Conservative who never generally supported Bush
_ I am a Moderate who still generally supports Bush
_ I am a Moderate who no longer generally supports Bush
_ I am a Moderate who never generally supported Bush
_ I am a Liberal who still generally supports Bush
_ I am a Liberal who no longer generally supports Bush
_ I am a Liberal who never generally supported Bush

Then a separate poll only for those who chose #2. And even then the data is subjective based on each respondent's own definition of what supporting or generally supporting means.

This is why individual data is compiled on each question when doing a survey, instead of asking a "have you stopped beating your wife yet" loaded question like "Do you no longer support Bush because he lied about A, B, C, and D?"

Brock
08-30-2005, 02:28 PM
The kind of people that still support an administration like this are those that have not been hurt by their policies and do not give a crap about others in this country. They are the selfish ones that are ok with everything that doesn't affect them in a negative way.

Yes, of course. You have us pegged. Congrats. :rolleyes:

KCTitus
08-30-2005, 02:29 PM
I cant find the option that I would like to select, and that's that Bush no longer needs my support. He's term limited at the end of this term.

oops...did I just let the cat out of the bag?

Amnorix
08-30-2005, 02:43 PM
I cant find the option that I would like to select, and that's that Bush no longer needs my support. He's term limited at the end of this term.

oops...did I just let the cat out of the bag?

Sure he does. Why do you think Social Security reform and a number of other initiatives he wanted are now deader than a doornail?

He's got 3 years to go, and they'll be long years if he continues to enjoy the support of a mere 1/3rd of the population.

listopencil
08-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Don't blame me, I voted Libertarian.

Logical
08-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Sure he does. Why do you think Social Security reform and a number of other initiatives he wanted are now deader than a doornail?

He's got 3 years to go, and they'll be long years if he continues to enjoy the support of a mere 1/3rd of the population.:thumb:

CHIEF4EVER
08-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Bush piped the pooch on SS, Immigration and the "Patriot" Act. Sad as it is, he was the better of 2 lousy alternatives in November. Time for a viable 3rd party.