PDA

View Full Version : Watching tape of KC v. GB '03...

AirForceChief
08-27-2005, 04:39 PM
...our two opening drives started at our 40 and we went three and out on both. WTF? GB first drive took it straight down our throats. The D was horrendous. Bubba Franks catches a TD pass w/ nobody near him (ball was snapped at our two yard line, so need for deep cover). GB converted on 4th down and one with a easy run of about 5 yards. More mistackles and gapping holes then you could imagine.

BTW, this is one of my favorite games to watch. How the hell did we come back and win this game??

NewChief
08-27-2005, 04:46 PM
I was there. It was so freaking sweet. We were in the dumps for most of the game. My wife and mother-in-law had gone out to the picnic area of the concourse to watch the game on the TVs because they were tired of getting harassed by Packer fans and had decided the game was over anyway. This one Packer fan kept running by us in the aisle, laughing and trying to give us high 5s. It was so sweet seeing that same sucker in the Lambeau concourse after the game and offering him a high 5.

Count Zarth
08-27-2005, 04:49 PM
A few key stops and the big play was Woods interception TD.

We still almost blew it. We should have won it at the end of regulation.

TRR
08-27-2005, 04:51 PM

Yep, the Woods INT was the big play. We didn't get any game changing TO's last season like that...and KC had two in that game alone.

NewChief
08-27-2005, 04:51 PM

No kidding. God I loved Al's call to win it, though. We'd been giving them a healthy dose of Priest, Priest, and more Priest. Then we get the ball back in OT and he goes for the ****ing jugular on the first play. Game Over!

BigRock
08-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Should have won it at the beginning of halftime too, if I remember right. Did Mort miss a FG? Either way, Ahman Green fumbled on GB's first snap, and we scored on the next play.

TRR
08-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Should have won it at the beginning of halftime too, if I remember right. Did Mort miss a FG? Either way, Ahman Green fumbled on GB's first snap, and we scored on the next play.

Yep...I remember I was almost in tears when Anderson missed the FG in OT. I thought that was it for sure. Shows you that luck plays a big part in the overall success of a season.

AirForceChief
08-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Tell you what...Morton made big catches and Fujita was about the only bright spot in the first two quarters for the D. Interesting to see how we replace them this year. I'm still a big keep Fujita supporter...

Count Zarth
08-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Tell you what...Morton made big catches and Fujita was about the only bright spot in the first two quarters for the D. Interesting to see how we replace them this year. I'm still a big keep Fujita supporter...

Derrick Johnson is going to make Scott Fujita look like Lew Bush.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2005, 05:24 PM
...our two opening drives started at our 40 and we went three and out on both. WTF? GB first drive took it straight down our throats. The D was horrendous. Bubba Franks catches a TD pass w/ nobody near him (ball was snapped at our two yard line, so need for deep cover). GB converted on 4th down and one with a easy run of about 5 yards. More mistackles and gapping holes then you could imagine.

BTW, this is one of my favorite games to watch. How the hell did we come back and when this game??

Make sure you give that back to Titus after you're done.

BigRock
08-27-2005, 05:32 PM
One of the things I remember most about the last play, besides the obvious, was how open everyone was. I don't know how many have a tape of the game or something to look at it and check, but not only was Kennison open for the TD, but Priest ran up the middle on a fake, stopped after 5 yards or so, and nobody was anywhere near him. And Tony (I think it was Tony) ran towards the sidelines and might have had at least a first down if he'd gotten the catch.

If Eddie, Preist, and Tony are all open, what exactly is the defense doing? It was like a total defensive breakdown. Were they not ready or something? Pretty weird.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2005, 05:39 PM
No kidding. God I loved Al's call to win it, though. We'd been giving them a healthy dose of Priest, Priest, and more Priest. Then we get the ball back in OT and he goes for the ****ing jugular on the first play. Game Over!

Right on! Let's do it!!! Rock that world!!! ROCK THAT WORLD!!!!

http://students.washington.edu/mherzog/family%20guy%20joe.jpeg

Halfcan
08-27-2005, 06:08 PM
I was at that game. It was one of the best I have ever seen. After the game, Chiefs fans just kind of hung around and took pics, It was awesome.

AirForceChief
08-27-2005, 06:18 PM
What a great 4th quarter! We were down 31-14...geez that D sucked!!

htismaqe
08-27-2005, 06:22 PM
I don't see how this is possible. Mike Mazlowski played in that game. Our defense didn't go in the tank until after he was hurt.