View Full Version : Passing D still Horrendous!!!!!

Halfcan
08-27-2005, 08:31 PM
We can't cover anyone, Mcleon is godawful and plays 15 yards back on 3rd and 5. Surtain has been burned on 6 different slants. Knight is the only one that seems to know what the f#ck is going on tonight. Ambrose came in and was burned on two straight plays. Benny Sapp has had some big hit and great tackles, but where is he at on coverage??

Is this going to be our Achilles heal again this year??

plbrdude
08-27-2005, 08:49 PM
no

the Talking Can
08-27-2005, 08:50 PM
what he said

Mr. Kotter
08-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I made the same point a while ago in the "Kawika" thread. Hasselback is underrated, but he looks like a Prow Bowler out there tonight.... :banghead:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2005, 08:54 PM
IMPLOSION!!!!!!!!

Mr. Kotter
08-27-2005, 08:55 PM
IMPLOSION!!!!!!!!

I'd rather see THIS implosion....

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2005, 08:57 PM
But seriously...

It helps when you have a pass rush, which we don't.

We didn't blitz as much, but it would be great to not have to blitz...

Saul Good
08-27-2005, 09:01 PM
I think we'll be fine, but we'll struggle without Warfield.

milkman
08-27-2005, 09:02 PM
But seriously...

It helps when you have a pass rush, which we don't.

We didn't blitz as much, but it would be great to not have to blitz...

Most of the passing yards came on slant patterns, which means the ball gets out there quick.

Not enough time to get a pass rush against that.

Best defense against the slant is to line up tight on the receiver, hit him at the snap and disrupt the timing.

Lining 10 yards off, play after play, is just inviting the slant.

the Talking Can
08-27-2005, 09:06 PM
we'll get burned some all year because we have to blitz to compensate for our lack of pass rush....but we'll still be a much improved D..especially against the run

plus, Green only played 2 series...Haslllblech played into the 3rd as we replaced Surtain with Ambrose etc...

we ripped their superior secondary pretty good...Quinn missed Parker for an easy TD...

Mr. Laz
08-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Most of the passing yards came on slant patterns, which means the ball gets out there quick.

Best defense against the slant is to line up tight on the receiver, hit him at the snap and disrupt the timing.

ya... surtain completely whiffed on the jam several times

he definitely had an off night

the Talking Can
08-27-2005, 09:30 PM
and we're without Warfield and Bell and Browning....

B_Ambuehl
08-27-2005, 09:46 PM
Most of those 1st half passing yards other then the bomb to Jackson came on blitzes when Hasselbeck hit the slot receiver over the middle. When you blitz the nickelback and don't get there you're gonna give up big plays and thats what happened.

petegz28
08-27-2005, 09:58 PM
I thought we looked good. 10 points in the 1st half to Seattle is good. Yes we can tighten it up. But we also don't know what Gunther was calling. Looked like a lot of Base Cover 2.

beer bacon
08-27-2005, 10:01 PM

Yeah, you can't play off the receiver against Seattle's type of offense. I don't if it was by design or what, but both McCleon and Surtain were lining up way too far off the receiver.