PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm going to say this...the lone disappointment tonight was...

htismaqe
08-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Patrick Surtain.

When you play the timing game against a WCO, you HAVE to get your hands on the WR. I won't say I'm worried, just disappointed. He would have gotten burned twice in the 1st Q had Hasslebeck not overthrown Jackson in the seam.

That being said, the defense looked improved once again. I like what I'm seeing in the rush defense, the tackles look really active. Hall looked pretty good early, I think he'll be a nice addition. The LB position is MUCH improved between Mitchell and Johnson. Still need to figure out what we're going to do on the weak side.

I think Eddie Kennison may be ready to top last year's career year. And Larry Johnson? WOW.

Finally, Dustin Colquitt is a weapon. We've struggled the last few years in punt coverage. The quickest surest way to alleviate that is to force a fair catch EVERY TIME you punt.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Although I was disappointed in Surtain's play, I don't think he'll be playing that 10 yard cushion sh!t during the regular season. I believe gun only plays this way with weak corners where he's forced to do so.

jcroft
08-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Surtain didn't have a great night, but I am not too concerned about that. His reputation precedes him, and one bad night can't take away what he's done before.

Hoover
08-27-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm with ya on Patrick, but he seem like the typpe of guy who continues to work at things.

I tell ya, the Chiefs should ride Priest and LJ to the Super Bowl. Why effin pass?

tk13
08-27-2005, 09:43 PM
He'll get beat at times. I truly think it's almost impossible not to in today's NFL. I'm sure he'll make some things happen to make up for it though, I just want him to force turnovers, I expect him to get beat from time to time.

Douche Baggins
08-27-2005, 09:44 PM
I bet half of our shit tonight can be solved through scheme. I saw ALOT of corners playing too far off the ball.

God LJ is a beast. Kennison is catching with his hands.

I'm a little worried about Trent.

htismaqe
08-27-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm with ya on Patrick, but he seem like the typpe of guy who continues to work at things.

I tell ya, the Chiefs should ride Priest and LJ to the Super Bowl. Why effin pass?

Like I said, I'm not worried.

Just disappointed.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2005, 09:46 PM
The coverage called for Surtain to play off.

In the regular season, I don't think that'll happen.

Hopefully a better pash rush happens, as well.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2005, 09:47 PM
I bet half of our shit tonight can be solved through scheme. I saw ALOT of corners playing too far off the ball.

God LJ is a beast. Kennison is catching with his hands.

I'm a little worried about Trent.

Why are you concerned about Trent? Because Roaf stepped on his shoe causing him not to follow through on the ball that got picked?

Douche Baggins
08-27-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm always concerned about injuries. The worst thing that could possibly happen would be for Trent to revert to 2001 form.

Joe Seahawk
08-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Your first string offense looked extremely good.. Trent is so damn accurate if he gets comfortable back there.

I was also very impressed with you run defense (or unimpressed with our run offense) even though the score was only 14-10 at the half, i felt like we were getting our ass kicked..

It was good to see Matt and the offense put together a couple nice drives at the end of the 2nd and beginning the 3rd.

Jerhame Urban and D.J. Hackett are battling for the last reciever spot. I'm afraid Taco Wallace will be a casualty.

Overall it was a pretty entertaining pre-season game. (but I would have been ticked if we lost) :D

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm always concerned about injuries. The worst thing that could possibly happen would be for Trent to revert to 2001 form.

Carl said Trent wasn't injured. It was his shoes that were bothering him so they took him out. Obviously, if this were the regular season they would've gotten him some new ones then he'd be back out there.

htismaqe
08-27-2005, 09:52 PM
The coverage called for Surtain to play off.

In the regular season, I don't think that'll happen.

Hopefully a better pash rush happens, as well.

The pass rush tonight actually wasn't too bad. The Seahawks play a "3 steps and fire" version of the WCO, so you're not going to get alot of pressure. The CB's absolutely HAVE to jam at the line and disrupt timing.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Your first string offense looked extremely good.. Trent is so damn accurate if he gets comfortable back there.

I was also very impressed with you run defense (or unimpressed with our run offense) even though the score was only 14-10 at the half, i felt like we were getting our ass kicked..

It was good to see Matt and the offense put together a couple nice drives at the end of the 2nd and beginning the 3rd.

Jerhame Urban and D.J. Hackett are fighting fotr the last reciever spot. I'm afraid Taco Wallace will be a casualty.

Overall it was a pretty entertaining pre-season game. (but I would have been ticked if we lost) :D

Your defense is wack.

LJ is still running. ROFL :p

Douche Baggins
08-27-2005, 09:54 PM

Jerhame Urban and D.J. Hackett are battling for the last reciever spot. I'm afraid Taco Wallace will be a casualty.

Your lucky the QB that needed 10 yards to win the game has only been on the roster since Tuesday. :cuss:

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-27-2005, 09:57 PM
I think the entire defense was caught off guard by the Seahawks game plan, it looked as if they spent ALOT of time planning against the run, which worked, the rush defense looked great tonight. But against the pass there were alot of plays that players seemed lost or caught off guard. It is a little disturbing but not that concerning if that was the case.

wolfpack0735
08-27-2005, 09:57 PM
as of three preason games LJ looks better than Holmes, at least i think so. as bad as it sounds if homes has any trouble put johnson in.

Douche Baggins
08-27-2005, 09:58 PM
I have a feeling this sudden competition is going to light an amazing fire under Priest Holmes. He's not one to go down without a fight.

Look out, Chiefs fans. :drool:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2005, 10:02 PM
I have a feeling this sudden competition is going to light an amazing fire under Priest Holmes. He's not one to go down without a fight.

Look out, Chiefs fans. :drool:

Pmike brought up a good point, Holmes has mostly played crappy every preseason, then is better during the regular season.

Pitt Gorilla
08-27-2005, 10:06 PM

Overall it was a pretty entertaining pre-season game. (but I would have been ticked if we lost) :DI'd take Urban or Hackett. Hopefully, one of them gets cut and wants to plan in KC.

alanm
08-27-2005, 10:21 PM

Yeah you guys won. But then your starters were going against our scrubs in the 3rd quarter to take the lead. I guess we don't get to see the final product for the Chiefs until the Jets game. Too many guys still not playing yet together. It will be nice to finally be able to see how they play as units.

Rain Man
08-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Surtain was indeed disappointing tonight. I wonder what was going on?

Joe Seahawk
08-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah you guys won. But then your starters were going against our scrubs in the 3rd quarter to take the lead. I guess we don't get to see the final product for the Chiefs until the Jets game. Too many guys still not playing yet together. It will be nice to finally be able to see how they play as units.

Jerhame Urban had 2 catches on Surtain in the 3rd quarter drive.. Is Surtain a scrub? :D

keg in kc
08-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Surtain got beat a couple of times. Get used to it. It happens. It'll happen a bunch more during the season.

Don't let that overshadow everything else. Surtain was knocking the living shit out of people. I can't remember the last time I saw a corner who looked like he was trying to deliver punishing hits. He was hitting harder than our safeties have the last few years.

The thing that really impressed me was that everybody was hitting like that that in the first half. There was a...presense to the defense tonight, for the first time I can remember. They aren't all the way there yet, but they've made some serious strides from the first preseason game. All this with minimal scheme. I think the attitude is starting to come through.

The second half sucked. Losing sucked. But that first half. A lot like last week. Better, even. I can't imagine the kind of lead we might have built if Green and Shields stayed in the game. We might have been on the way to a blowout. Maybe, maybe not.

Man, if that's a sign of things to come...

And, Joe: Surtain didn't play in the third quarter. Ashley Ambrose (#43) came in for him after halftime. That's who Urban beat. If Ambrose even makes the roster, he'll be 5th on the depth chart. It looks like Benny Sapp will be our nickel, and rookie Alphonso Hodge is the dime. At least until Warfield is back.

Joe Seahawk
08-28-2005, 12:01 AM
And, Joe: Surtain didn't play in the third quarter. Ashley Ambrose (#43) came in for him after halftime. That's who Urban beat. If Ambrose even makes the roster, he'll be 5th on the depth chart. It looks like Benny Sapp will be our nickel, and rookie Alphonso Hodge is the dime. At least until Warfield is back.

You are correct.. The catches Urban made on him were in the final drive before halftime. The one in particular that I thought was in the 3rd was the 3rd and 15 pass to the KC 10. My bad..

keg in kc
08-28-2005, 12:02 AM
I need to add one thing: I was disappointed with the way the defense came out flat to start the second half. I was afraid that was going to happen and it did. We can't let that kind of shit happen, when the games count. What we need from them is to come out and make a statement after halftime. Force a punt, get a turnover. Don't let a team stay in or get in the game.

Anything other than what they've done the last few years, in other words.

So that much was disappointing.

keg in kc
08-28-2005, 12:16 AM
You are correct.. The catches Urban made on him were in the final drive before halftime. The one in particular that I thought was in the 3rd was the 3rd and 15 pass to the KC 10. My bad..I don't know if you can go back and watch it (or if you'd even want to), but from what I could tell, that play outlines a problem we've had for a few years. Sapp telegraphed the corner blitz, so Hasselback was able to read and exploit it. At least that's the way to appeared to me. I believe Surtain had receivers crossing in front of him and an uncovered slot going deep (Wesley picked him up). I think you overloaded us, because of the blitz; we didn't have enough DBs to cover all the receivers.

I could be wrong however. The camera didn't follow the play very well, and it could be that Surtain simply got beat. It doesn't matter all that much even to me if he did. Like I said, it happens. He followed it up by nailing Mack Strong on third down, ending the drive with a field goal.

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 04:48 AM
Joe:

The Urban play was at the end of the 1st half.

Kyle:

I know what you're saying, it happens. But this wasn't just one or 2 plays. At the point he got burned by Urban, he had already given up 6 catches and almost 100 yards to Jackson, 50-some of it on earlier plays in the same drive.

the Talking Can
08-28-2005, 05:11 AM
I need to add one thing: I was disappointed with the way the defense came out flat to start the second half. I was afraid that was going to happen and it did.

my worry is that Dalton/Sims, who look much improved, will wear out at the end of games...and will wear out at the end of the season...Browning hasn't plyed for awhile, and after him we have no one with any talent...

thanks a lot Mr. Siavii

tomahawk kid
08-28-2005, 06:38 AM
Not worried about Green @ all. He shortarmed that INT as he couldn't follow through.

Should have thrown the ball away, but I'm betting he doesn't try that pass in a regular season game.

jiveturkey
08-28-2005, 08:29 AM
It looks like Benny Sapp will be our nickel, and rookie Alphonso Hodge is the dime. At least until Warfield is back.I would like to see Sapp stay in as the Nickle once Warfield gets back and move DM to Dime. Hodge can stick around as depth or get moved to the PS.

Bob Dole
08-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Surtain was indeed disappointing tonight. I wonder what was going on?

Other than lining up 10 yards off the receiver and back peddling at the snap?

Bob Dole really hopes the pass defense problems were due to preseason "vanilla" or we're going to be in for another long season...

keg in kc
08-28-2005, 09:33 AM
I know what you're saying, it happens. But this wasn't just one or 2 plays. At the point he got burned by Urban, he had already given up 6 catches and almost 100 yards to Jackson, 50-some of it on earlier plays in the same drive.We also forced 4 punts, 3 of them on 3 and outs, and gave up just 10 points. Anyway, sometimes a guy will have a game (or a half, or a drive) like that. Even a pro bowler. That's the risk inherent with being a defensive back. And Surtain's the kind of player who can look like that in the first half, then come out after halftime and pick a pass for a TD, then proceed to lock his receiver down for the remainder of the game. That position's not about playing perfectly, it's about being able to compartmentalize mistakes or plays where you get burned, and play on like nothing happened.

And we don't have any idea what they were doing defensively. We're talking preseason. Very little in the way of head games going on schematically, and for all I know, it could have been "work on zone" or "soft coverage" night against a team we would normally press.

Either way, this is exactly the kind of overreaction I expect every time he gets beat during the season. I said this when we signed him: people in KC, for whatever reason, don't seem to have a grasp on reality when it comes to play at the cornerback position. It's this magical "shutdown cornerback" bullshit, like there are guys out there who never give up completions and can turn gatorade into Dom Perignon while walking on water, and any corner who ever gives up a pass is a piece of shit who should be on the bench. I've seen it with the way people treated Warfield the last three years, and I expect to see it with Surtain, although I think he'll get more of a pass because he's a bigger name.

Rick
08-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Patrick Surtain.

When you play the timing game against a WCO, you HAVE to get your hands on the WR. I won't say I'm worried, just disappointed. He would have gotten burned twice in the 1st Q had Hasslebeck not overthrown Jackson in the seam.

That being said, the defense looked improved once again. I like what I'm seeing in the rush defense, the tackles look really active. Hall looked pretty good early, I think he'll be a nice addition. The LB position is MUCH improved between Mitchell and Johnson. Still need to figure out what we're going to do on the weak side.

I think Eddie Kennison may be ready to top last year's career year. And Larry Johnson? WOW.

Finally, Dustin Colquitt is a weapon. We've struggled the last few years in punt coverage. The quickest surest way to alleviate that is to force a fair catch EVERY TIME you punt.

Not to make excuses but... ok Surtain got burn't for the touchdown and screwed up by losing the ball, but he didn't play as well after he rung his own bell stopping the fullback in the flat from scoring. I'll bet played I while after getting a mild head trauma.

Gaz
08-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Except for the brief fecal reference, keg stated my position quite eloquently.

xoxo~
Gaz
Cautiously optimistic about the 2005 D.

Douche Baggins
08-28-2005, 10:58 AM
One would think Surtain could have easily jumped a slant for an INT.

petegz28
08-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah Surtain looked horrible. I mean we held thtem to 10 points in the first half. THAT SUCKS! SHEESH! WTF even???? He got burnt on slants! WOW! That never happens to Champ Bailey! He got burnt ona perfectly placed over the shoulder pass for a TD. Never saw Carter or Hasty get burnt like that.

Surtain played fine for as much as that team was passing. And didn't play long enough to make any adjustments.

MyChiefConcern
08-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Patrick Surtain is the best defensive back to play for this team since Dale Carter, and fans are already lining up to spit-and-roast him.

Sad.

petegz28
08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
One would think Surtain could have easily jumped a slant for an INT.

Maybe if he would of played the entire game he would of made adjustments. Just a hunch.

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah Surtain looked horrible. I mean we held thtem to 10 points in the first half. THAT SUCKS! SHEESH! WTF even???? He got burnt on slants! WOW! That never happens to Champ Bailey! He got burnt ona perfectly placed over the shoulder pass for a TD. Never saw Carter or Hasty get burnt like that.

Surtain played fine for as much as that team was passing. And didn't play long enough to make any adjustments.

Who said he looks horrible? Overreact much?

And no, he didn't play fine. When you play against a timing WCO, you jam the WR's, period. But as Keg said, he may have been following orders...

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Not to make excuses but... ok Surtain got burn't for the touchdown and screwed up by losing the ball, but he didn't play as well after he rung his own bell stopping the fullback in the flat from scoring. I'll bet played I while after getting a mild head trauma.

Just an FYI, but Surtain had already given up over 50 yards at the point that he appeared to be favoring his forehead.

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Patrick Surtain is the best defensive back to play for this team since Dale Carter, and fans are already lining up to spit-and-roast him.

Sad.

Spit-and-roast him.

Brilliant. Maybe you should learn to read instead of playing on the computer.

petegz28
08-28-2005, 11:17 AM
Who said he looks horrible? Overreact much?

And no, he didn't play fine. When you play against a timing WCO, you jam the WR's, period. But as Keg said, he may have been following orders...

Yes he played fine. And it's called SARCASM there smaqe. I don't care what he was doing. He played good. It took a perfect pass to beat him in the end zone. Get used to it. With the rules these days he will get burnt again. More than once too I'm sure.

htismaqe
We also forced 4 punts, 3 of them on 3 and outs, and gave up just 10 points. Anyway, sometimes a guy will have a game (or a half, or a drive) like that. Even a pro bowler. That's the risk inherent with being a defensive back. And Surtain's the kind of player who can look like that in the first half, then come out after halftime and pick a pass for a TD, then proceed to lock his receiver down for the remainder of the game. That position's not about playing perfectly, it's about being able to compartmentalize mistakes or plays where you get burned, and play on like nothing happened.

And we don't have any idea what they were doing defensively. We're talking preseason. Very little in the way of head games going on schematically, and for all I know, it could have been "work on zone" or "soft coverage" night against a team we would normally press.

Either way, this is exactly the kind of overreaction I expect every time he gets beat during the season. I said this when we signed him: people in KC, for whatever reason, don't seem to have a grasp on reality when it comes to play at the cornerback position. It's this magical "shutdown cornerback" bullshit, like there are guys out there who never give up completions and can turn gatorade into Dom Perignon while walking on water, and any corner who ever gives up a pass is a piece of shit who should be on the bench. I've seen it with the way people treated Warfield the last three years, and I expect to see it with Surtain, although I think he'll get more of a pass because he's a bigger name.

Every CB gets burned, absolutely. Not every CB gets burned over and over and over by the same play.

That being said, you could very well be right. Both CB's were playing off the ball most of the time, so one can only assume they were following orders...

eazyb81

Sad.

Nobody is roasting him, they are just stating that his play was a little disappointing.

Surtain DID get burnt on that TD pass to Jackson, and he is not absolved from people questioning his play. I am not that upset since it is only preseason, but I will be pissed if Surtain gets burnt that badly in a regular season game.

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Yes he played fine. And it's called SARCASM there smaqe. I don't care what he was doing. He played good. It took a perfect pass to beat him in the end zone. Get used to it. With the rules these days he will get burnt again. More than once too I'm sure.

I'm not talking about getting burned in the end zone. Everybody gets fixated on the big play, just like McCleon last week.

Let me repeat again -- I don't care about the big play. It happens to everyone, including Surtain.

Surtain gave up FOUR first downs on quick slants, not counting the touchdown.

petegz28
08-28-2005, 11:20 AM
At least he is out there playing. More than I can say for tinker-Bell.

petegz28
08-28-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm not talking about getting burned in the end zone. Everybody gets fixated on the big play, just like McCleon last week.

Let me repeat again -- I don't care about the big play. It happens to everyone, including Surtain.

Surtain gave up FOUR first downs on quick slants, not counting the touchdown.

And slants are the hardest play in football to defend. I didn't see anyone on their team shutting down our slants either.

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 11:24 AM
And slants are the hardest play in football to defend. I didn't see anyone on their team shutting down our slants either.

Look, I said several times -- I'm not worried about Surtain. He's by far the best player we have on defense.

I'm just a little disappointed, that's all. All he had to do was put his hands on the WR at the LoS. That's how you defend the slant.

Why he didn't do it, I have no idea. They may have been working on some kind of coverage thing last night for all we know.

MyChiefConcern
08-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Brilliant. Maybe you should learn to read instead of playing on the computer.

Please tell me you understand the concept of spitting something, by driving some sort of pole through one end and out the other, and hanging it over an open fire/hot coals to roast it.

EDIT:

FWIW, I don't think that someone who has over 40,000 posts on an internet message board has any real reason to be admonishing someone else for "playing on the computer."

Just some food for thought, nutbag.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2005, 03:17 PM
not worried about surtain even baileys ass has gotten his ass handed to him to and hes a top cb.

Rick
08-28-2005, 04:21 PM
I'll bet if any of us asked Surtain, he'd say "yep, I didn't have a very good game, but wait till next week"- he's a real pro and it's early.

beer bacon
08-28-2005, 04:24 PM
I'll bet if any of us asked Surtain, he'd say "yep, I didn't have a very good game, but wait till next week"- he's a real pro and it's early.

That is basically what he said. He also said that pros learn from their mistakes, and that is what the preseason is for: learning.

keg in kc
08-28-2005, 04:51 PM
CB PATRICK SURTAIN
On tonightís performance: ďItís preseason, itís practice really. Of course you want to go out there and do your best, but the real bullets donít start flying until September 11th. Tonight was one of those nights. They had a great game plan and those guys executed really well and we didnít execute on defense. Youíve got to take the good with the bad and move on.Ē

Thig Lyfe
08-28-2005, 04:53 PM

Well, we'd only pass to Kris Wilson, of course. But not that bust Tony Gonzalez.

the Talking Can
08-28-2005, 04:56 PM
If Surtain were smart like Bell he'd skip the preseason.

Then he'd 100% ready for the first game. His problem is that preseason games are bad for you.

keg in kc
08-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Bell's got me concerned now. As I recall, he was cleared to play nearly a year ago, in the playoffs, but didn't. And now he's being held out of the preseason. Now, a different situation, his arthritic shoulder now versus the groin in '04, but still. Makes one wonder.

Hopefully he plays 16 games and six months from now we all forget about it.

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Please tell me you understand the concept of spitting something, by driving some sort of pole through one end and out the other, and hanging it over an open fire/hot coals to roast it.

EDIT:

FWIW, I don't think that someone who has over 40,000 posts on an internet message board has any real reason to be admonishing someone else for "playing on the computer."

Just some food for thought, nutbag.

I have the luxury of being able to use the computer all day because I already figured out basic comprehension.

I know what a spit is, and I know what it's used for.

Of course, that wasn't the part I was admonishing. NOBODY here is "roasting" anybody.

So try again, maybe this time you can avoid looking like a giant dumbass.

go bowe
08-28-2005, 06:00 PM
I have the luxury of being able to use the computer all day because I already figured out basic comprehension.

I know what a spit is, and I know what it's used for.

Of course, that wasn't the part I was admonishing. NOBODY here is "roasting" anybody.

So try again, maybe this time you can avoid looking like a giant dumbass.well shit...

i was looking forward to some nice leg of man...

Douche Baggins
08-28-2005, 06:01 PM
well shit...

i was looking forward to some nice leg of man...

man meat is good eatin'

Saulbadguy
08-28-2005, 06:03 PM
His helmet kept flying off.

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 06:09 PM
His helmet kept flying off.

Yeah, he was messing with his left front forehead/temple after one of those hits, like he thought he was bleeding or something...

Somebody brought back a thread from last week about McCleon...I'm more convinced now than before that Keg is right...Surtain was playing soft zone coverage because Gunther told them to.

My complaint last week about McCleon was not that he got burnt deep but that he was giving up slants to the inside because he wasn't bumping his man.

My complaint this week was not that Surtain got burnt deep but that he was giving up slants to the inside because he wasn't bumping his man.

Douche Baggins
08-28-2005, 06:10 PM
What the hell is Gunther thinking? Did he want the DBs to work on tackling?

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Not sure. It might just be that he wanted to run a base zone defense and let everyone kinda show their stuff without worrying about scheme...

picasso
08-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Surtain was beat on 2 slants, 1 for a first down the 2nd not and the 3rd slant ran in his direction he slammed the shit out of the guy. I don't know what you were looking at. As far as the long pass he was beat on he was covering the inside as his body was turned in that direction.
What got me watching the Seattle broadcast is that Holmgren mentioned that the Chiefs brought out some plays that were not vanilla on our first drive. I don't know what he was talking about since we didn't even do multiple shifts. It looked vanilla to me. That is why in the 3rd quarter Seattle came out with motions and misdirections on their touchdown drive. Hassellback laughing had even mentioned to Alexander in the huddle that they were going to run the HB pass in the flat on a misdirection from deep in their playbook. Laughing because we had our scrubs out there and they knew that play would totally confuse them.

Douche Baggins
08-28-2005, 06:55 PM
I really don't think he was "beat." He was playing off the ball.

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Surtain was beat on 2 slants, 1 for a first down the 2nd not and the 3rd slant ran in his direction he slammed the shit out of the guy. I don't know what you were looking at. As far as the long pass he was beat on he was covering the inside as his body was turned in that direction.

He was also beat on a seam route early in the 1st quarter, but the ball was overthrown...

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 08:11 PM

Yep.

Joe Seahawk
08-28-2005, 08:40 PM

Toasted... :p

beer bacon
08-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Toasted... :p

Fast Fact: Larry Johnson is faster then the entire Seattle defense.

Joe Seahawk
08-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Daryl Jackson enjoyed his "Arrowhead leap"

listopencil
08-28-2005, 09:17 PM
man meat is good eatin'

Don't forget to close the closet door on your way out.

the Talking Can
08-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Don't forget to close the closet door on your way out.

you still not coming out?

listopencil
08-28-2005, 09:22 PM
you still not coming out?

Why, getting too crowded in here for you?