PDA

View Full Version : Officially starting to worry about the offense!!!

Logical
08-27-2005, 11:25 PM
OK I know it is only preseason but it appears that the Chiefs offense is again off to it slow start. Let me get this out of the way Larry Johnson looked outstanding on that 97 yard carry. But if not for that our offense would have sucked balls tonight. Slow starts appear to be the norm with this offense and with the killer schedule we start out with it could mean a deep hole to dig ourselves out of for the season.

The defense looks better but still worrisome.

Well let the cuts begin. I nominate Junior Siavii as my first choice followed closely by Freddie Mitchell as my second choice for big name cuts.

petegz28
08-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Trent was kicking their ass. Our back-up QB's have sucked all pre-season. I am not worried at all as long as Green is healthy.

beer bacon
08-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Trent had a QB rating of 117 for tonight. The only thing I am even mildly concerend about regarding our defense is that Priest has 13 carries for 26 yards in the last two games.

Count Alex's Losses
08-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Are you NUTS?

The offense came out guns blazing.

Trent had TWO SERIES. Did you seriously expect it to operate at peak efficiency with a QB that was signed on TUESDAY?

milkman
08-27-2005, 11:29 PM
The offense looked outstanding on the first drive.

Trent Green had his foot stepped on by Roaf in the second series on the int.

And any offense that has Quinn as the QB is going to look bad.

I mean, the WRs can't throw the ball and catch it too.

Logical
08-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Are you NUTS?

Trent had TWO SERIES. Did you seriously expect it to operate at peak efficiency with a QB that was signed on TUESDAY?We shall see, I still have my serious doubts. Something does not look right to me.

Count Alex's Losses
08-27-2005, 11:30 PM
We shall see, I still have my serious doubts. Something does not look right to me.

That touchdown drive was just too efficient.

beer bacon
08-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Are you NUTS?

Trent had TWO SERIES. Did you seriously expect it to operate at peak efficiency with a QB that was signed on TUESDAY?

Trent played two series. Shields only played 19 snaps. Gonzo, Priest, and I don't know who else only played the 1st quarter. Quinn only had one completion in the first half and missed quite a few wide open receivers. Parker would have had a TD if Quinn could have hit him.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-27-2005, 11:31 PM
OK I know it is only preseason but it appears that the Chiefs offense is again off to it slow start. Let me get this out of the way Larry Johnson looked outstanding on that 97 yard carry. But if not for that our offense would have sucked balls tonight. Slow starts appear to be the norm with this offense and with the killer schedule we start out with it could mean a deep hole to dig ourselves out of for the season.

Well let the cuts begin. I nominate Junior Siavii as my first choice followed closely by Freddie Mitchell as my second choice for big name cuts.

Offense only looks like crap when we have the steaming pile of walking $hit qb's like Huard and Quinn in there. We still seem to be able to run the ball pretty effectively even with the scrubs in, Smith and Brown looked pretty good tonite. Unfortuneately if Green goes down we are DEAD in the water.

cdcox
08-27-2005, 11:32 PM
I mean, the WRs can't throw the ball and catch it too.

Speak of the devil. He' be better than any backup we have on the roster now. Except for the fact he is a cry baby and a quitter.

DenverChief
08-27-2005, 11:36 PM
If anything I'm worried about the QB situation

Logical
08-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Speak of the devil. He' be better than any backup we have on the roster now. Except for the fact he is a cry baby and a quitter.
ROFL OK I have to say this, No Gannon would look better.;)

cdcox
08-27-2005, 11:39 PM
ROFL OK I have to say this, No Gannon would look better.;)

Who did you think I was referring to? ;)

Bwana
08-27-2005, 11:44 PM
If we ever end up with Quinn in a regular season game, we are hosed, but with all the starter in, we should kick some azz and take some names this year.

jynni
08-27-2005, 11:47 PM
We shall see, I still have my serious doubts. Something does not look right to me.
I think that "something" was Jonathan Quinn...

Logical
08-27-2005, 11:52 PM
If we ever end up with Quinn in a regular season game, we are hosed, but with all the starter in, we should kick some azz and take some names this year.I seriously hope so because I am not convinced we can rely on this defense to win even 1 game for us. Maybe in a year or two.

luv
08-27-2005, 11:53 PM
I think that "something" was Jonathan Quinn...
I agree.

KChiefs1
08-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Let me get this out of the way Larry Johnson looked outstanding on that 97 yard carry. But if not for that our offense would have sucked balls tonight.

You do realize Trent Green only played two series & a QB signed in the middle of the week was running the show don't you?

Defense was a lot better...run defense was outstanding. Pass defense was weak(Surtain got burned a few times) but if this defense stops the run all season & makes the opponent pass to win....I'll be happy.