PDA

View Full Version : Rank my Draft

ExtremeChief
08-28-2005, 09:24 AM
12 of us idiots got together, drank beer and had a 15 round draft. Other than maybe taking Brady too high, how did I do?

1. S. Alexander RB
2. T. Brady QB
3. H. Ward WR
4. A. Gates TE
5. L. Coles WR
6. T. Bell RB
7. L. Johnson RB
8. Carolina DEF
9. S. Moss WR
10. D. Carr QB
11. T. Jones RB
12. J. Wilkins K
13. Arizona DEF
14. A. Bryant WR
15. Q. Griffin RB

Herzig
08-28-2005, 09:31 AM
12 of us idiots got together, drank beer and had a 15 round draft. Other than maybe taking Brady too high, how did I do?

1. S. Alexander RB
2. T. Brady QB
3. H. Ward WR
4. A. Gates TE
5. L. Coles WR
6. T. Bell RB
7. L. Johnson RB
8. Carolina DEF
9. S. Moss WR
10. D. Carr QB
11. T. Jones RB
12. J. Wilkins K
13. Arizona DEF
14. A. Bryant WR
15. Q. Griffin RB

Brady, Gates in the 4th? :eek: , T Bell may not even start...Shanahan is cryptic about who starts game to game, Carr, Bryant, & Moss in later rounds are good pics. I think overall for a 12 team league you did alright. You should compete.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2005, 09:40 AM
QBs
Brady / Carr

RBs
Alexander / T Bell / L Johnson / T Jones / Q Griffin

WRs
Ward / Coles / S Moss / A Bryant

TEs
Gates

K/Def - both are fine

In all honesty, you lucked out that Thomas Jones fell to you as your 4th RB selected... b/c he's going to be your #2 starter. There is no reason at all to have Griffin - drop him.

QBs - yes, you took Brady about 2 rounds too early. However, you have a nice duo at the position. I like Ward and Coles, but not the other two options. Gates is solid for a TE, but again you may have taken him too early.

You need to find the guy with Holmes and try to package a deal with LJ for another starting RB. You really need help at RB esp considering that Bell and Q are 2nd and 4th on the depth chart in Denver.

Sounds like there should be a slew of talent on the FA wire if guys like Q were drafted...

ExtremeChief
08-28-2005, 09:53 AM
QBs
Brady / Carr

RBs
Alexander / T Bell / L Johnson / T Jones / Q Griffin

WRs
Ward / Coles / S Moss / A Bryant

TEs
Gates

K/Def - both are fine

In all honesty, you lucked out that Thomas Jones fell to you as your 4th RB selected... b/c he's going to be your #2 starter. There is no reason at all to have Griffin - drop him.

QBs - yes, you took Brady about 2 rounds too early. However, you have a nice duo at the position. I like Ward and Coles, but not the other two options. Gates is solid for a TE, but again you may have taken him too early.

You need to find the guy with Holmes and try to package a deal with LJ for another starting RB. You really need help at RB esp considering that Bell and Q are 2nd and 4th on the depth chart in Denver.

Sounds like there should be a slew of talent on the FA wire if guys like Q were drafted...

I picked up Johnson because my son took Holmes 3rd, and I know he wants him badly.

I knew I was weak at RB, but you would be amazed what kind of picks come out with 12 drunk guys and 90 second picks. The top 5 QB's were all gone by the time I picked in the second round (19th) and I was afraid I wouldn't get a quality starting QB. (I may still not have one, ;) )

It was a lot of fun to get together, drink some beer, and make fun of each others picks.

chagrin
08-28-2005, 11:31 AM
I want in on this league!

DJay23
08-28-2005, 11:51 AM
how about mine (12 team league, 17 rounds)
1. Edgerrin James
2. Trent Green
3. Andre Johnson
4. Tiki Barber
5. Michael Clayton
6. Todd Heap
7. DeShaun Foster
8. T.J. Houshmandzadeh
9. Brian Griese
10. Santana Moss
11. Shayne Graham
12. Bears
13. Randy McMichael
14. Samie Parker
15. Lions
16. Phil Dawson
17. Dominic Rhodes

I feel that I'm week at D/ST, but I'm not worried about it. I sacrificed getting a really good D and PK for depth at RB and WR which I feel I accomplished. Of course, everyone loves their team on draft day.

MahiMike
08-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Tom Brady??? In the 2nd round??? You simply can't do that. If you don't get a top 2 QB, wait until the 5th to get one. QB's are a dime a dozen. Gotta load up on those RB's.

Brady is a great winner but average fantasy QB at best.

ct
08-28-2005, 01:13 PM
I agree brady was way too early! Your RBs are thin, unless Bell takes over the starting job. WRs also weak, although Ward and Coles is a decent starting tandem. I won't even go on frankly, RB and WR is what wins the title, and you're solid at neither position.

So how's mine?

QB - Hasselbeck, Delhomme
RB - D.Davis, Westbrook, Jordan, Foster, W.Green
WR - Horn, Coles, Chambers, Kennison, Heap(TE=WR in our league)
K - Lindell
D - Tampa, KC