PDA

View Full Version : Final pre-season thoughts!

Rick
08-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I know preseason isn't officially over but it is for all the players who will actually have a significant role this year. Here are some absolutes:

POSITIVES
* our defense will definitely be a respectable defense.
* our punter was more than worth the 3rd round compensatory pick.
* Kawika Mitchell now plays like everyone down in South Florida said he could.
* Ryan Sims now stays where he is suppose to and will be a contributor.(is he bigger or what?)
* the defense as a unit finally understands to take care of their own responsibilities and doesn't end up out of position.
* whoever said Derrick Johnson didn't like to hit is a flaming pillow-biter.

NEGATIVES
* We have no respectable back-up quarterback.
* Our front four won't have many sacks.
* Jarrod Allen just doesn't scare anyone.
* William Bartee looks better than Wesley even though Wesley has played saftey much longer in the NFL, BUT WESLEY WILL START ANYWAY.
* Still very uncertain about a kicker.
* Junior Sivaii has shown absolutely ZERO.
* Kendrell Bell failing his first physical during free agency may have more to it than we're letting on.

Feel free to post others, not change these, cause they're all correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wile_E_Coyote
08-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Gun seemed rather calm when the camera panned his way

Chris Meck
08-28-2005, 11:40 AM
How about this for a positive: We have absolutely, hands down, the BEST ONE-TWO RB PUNCH IN THE NFL. The real thunder and lightnin'.

Roaf and Shields still look like the best in the business. Unless Waters is better than Shields right now. And Wiegmann rules, too. Four out of five ain't bad.

I'll never understand how Roaf can run like that when he can't really even walk.

Parker would've had a nice game had Trent been in. He'll play Morton's role and then some.

The run defense looks vastly improved...that alone is enough to have won us maybe three or four more games last season.

Our punter kicks major ass. As bad as our D has been, the special teams certainly haven't helped them. This year, they will.

Kawika can play, who knew? And DJ is the real thing. When and if Bell is ready to go, our LB's are a major strength.

Allen's place in the doghouse is deserved. Those offseason pics showing a flabby beer guzzler told the truth.

Sims has looked MUCH better, and has been a disruptive force.

Chris

Adept Havelock
08-28-2005, 11:49 AM
How about this for a positive: We have absolutely, hands down, the BEST ONE-TWO RB PUNCH IN THE NFL. The real thunder and lightnin'.

Absolute Truth. However, I might suggest with their respective running styles, Holmes/Johnson are more accurately Lightning and Thunder....maybe not quite as poetic, but it fits their styles, and the way it happens.

We tire em out with Lightning, and then run over them with Thunder.

Bowser
08-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Gun seemed rather calm when the camera panned his way

It IS preseason. Check back Sepat. 12th. ;)

angel
08-28-2005, 12:46 PM
my thoughts (http://cuppycake.ytmnd.com/)

4th and Long
08-28-2005, 12:49 PM
my thoughts (http://cuppycake.ytmnd.com/)
ROFL
I haven't seen or heard that in years! ROFL

TRR
08-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Our D can actually tackle. Knight, Surtain, and DJ have really helped this D in that area. Surtain got beat last night a few times, but his tackling is what impressed me. Also, does Benny Sapp ever miss a tackle?

Priest and LJ are going to make a fantastic 1-2 punch. They will work perfectly together.

The OLine looks just as good as last season.

The DLine looks better against the run, but still has struggled to get to the QB. The pressure seems to be there in spirts, but the final outcome isn't there. Carlos Hall looks like the real deal at DE. A 3 down type of DE. Looks to be able to produce in both the running and passing game.

FloridaChief
08-28-2005, 01:28 PM
POSITIVES
* our defense will definitely be a respectable defense.
* our punter was more than worth the 3rd round compensatory pick.
* Kawika Mitchell now plays like everyone down in South Florida said he could.
* Ryan Sims now stays where he is suppose to and will be a contributor.(is he bigger or what?)
* the defense as a unit finally understands to take care of their own responsibilities and doesn't end up out of position.
* whoever said Derrick Johnson didn't like to hit is a flaming pillow-biter.

NEGATIVES
* Our front four won't have many sacks.
* William Bartee looks better than Wesley even though Wesley has played saftey much longer in the NFL, BUT WESLEY WILL START ANYWAY.
* Still very uncertain about a kicker.
* Junior Sivaii has shown absolutely ZERO.
* Kendrell Bell failing his first physical during free agency may have more to it than we're letting on.

For a guy named Rick, you're pretty smart. Rep.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2005, 01:56 PM

disagree ...we don't have a respectable 3rd QB ... todd collins is fine

yep

double yep, bartee over wesley so far imo

the Talking Can
08-28-2005, 02:00 PM
I agree with all that...we'll have to blitz to get sacks, but as long as we're better against the run the D as a whole will be much. much better...DJ and Mitchell already seem a 100% improvement over last year

Wesley is a total mystery...imho, he has been terrible...consistently late in coverage, no big hits...I still can't fathom how he and Woods became so shitty so fast...

and remember, we've seen nothing from Bell/Warfield/Browning yet...our D will make big strides in the first 6 weeks as these guys return and gel..

chiefqueen
08-28-2005, 02:09 PM
I think the preseason is over............ if the gulf coast suffers the type of damage predicted there will be no FB (pro or college) next weekend.

Claynus
08-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I think the preseason is over............ if the gulf coast suffers the type of damage predicted there will be no FB (pro or college) next weekend.

Why not?

Rick
08-28-2005, 04:05 PM
disagree ...we don't have a respectable 3rd QB ... todd collins is fine

yep

double yep, bartee over wesley so far imo

True, Collins is respectable. I guess I was just thinking of our other three.

milkman
08-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Our front four won't have many sacks

I think that depends a lot on the type of passing game teams utilize against the Chiefs, and the type of QB they face.

Guys like Pennington, Collins and Brees, who aren't moble, and will take 5-7 drops will, I believe, be laid out by the D-Line if Sims plays through the season like he has in the preseason.

William Bartee looks better than Wesley even though Wesley has played saftey much longer in the NFL, BUT WESLEY WILL START ANYWAY.

Whether or not Bartee has looked better than Wesley is irrelevent, since Bartee has been playing behind Knight at SS.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2005, 04:55 PM
my final thought, get this ****in season started and wtf is wrong with Kendrell Bell?

chiefqueen
08-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Why not?

It could have at least 10x the loss of life and devastion of 9/11.

showmetoahoop
08-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Here are a few of my random thoughts about saturday night's game.

Does anyone remember how Whitlock always called Larry Johnson "Slow Jo"? Well, LJ is not so slow, and he is breaking tackles and exploding at this point.

Our O-Line is still great. We have two good right tackles.

Our Linebackers are much improved. Derrick Johnson makes plays no one else on the team makes. Kawika Mitchell has improved dramatically. He seems to be playing with a real passion. I can't wait to see TinkerBell play.

Samie Parker will be a solid WR in the NFL.

Ryan Sims seems to be getting in a lot more plays this year.

Patrick Surtain struggled, a lot.

Tynes did not lose his job, but he did not save it either.

Sammy Knight is always in the right place.

Our D-Ends are really struggling. Eric Hicks is not playing well.

I think we are holding back a lot in the preseason.

milkman
08-28-2005, 05:43 PM
test

Nice first post! :)

Says it all!

chiefs4me
08-28-2005, 07:04 PM
my thoughts after the first 3 games....

I wonder if my sig line is a jinx.. :hmmm: I also wonder if Tony's pants can get any freaking tighter...:)