PDA

View Full Version : Linebacker Reviews?

Scanfan55
08-28-2005, 12:12 PM
How'd they look, for those of us not in the viewing area?

petegz28
08-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Johnson and Mithcell and Foxx all looked decent. Tinker-Bell managed to keep his uniform clean the whole game. Probably cause he isn't "confident" enough to play.

go bowe
08-28-2005, 12:44 PM
rich looked good while he was out there, but boomer made some plays that made him very noticeable...

mitchell played well, i thought...

dj is gonna be a monster...

key fox made some nice plays...

fujita played well with the second teamers...

now, i could be all wrong about this, since i was just a wee bit drunk around the edges by gametime...

i'm going to watch the game on dvr again when my head stops pounding... :D

Skip Towne
08-28-2005, 01:19 PM
This just in...........................SCANLON SUCKS. Film at 11.

Frankie
08-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Fuji traded by Tuesday y'all think?

Bowser
08-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Fuji traded by Tuesday y'all think?

Better not be, with Bell's status up in the air.......

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Johnson - living up to the hype now, he's gonna be special

Mitchell - if he can get comfortable in coverage, he's gonna be really good. He's played well against the run 3 games in a row, and he looked like a leader last night in the defensive huddle

Fox - I had to watch the game a 2nd time to see him. I don't know how he does it, he never seems to stand out, but he always seems to be at the bottom of the pile...

Boomer - getting better game by game, calling attention to himself more often

Scanlon - just not distinguishing himself. He's in the right place it seems, but just not sticking out from the crowd, which is bad news for him considering the hype surrounding Boomer.

htismaqe
08-28-2005, 01:31 PM
I think they'll trade Fujita. Fox will be manning Bell's spot if Bell can't go.

Baby Lee
08-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Johnson and Mithcell and Foxx all looked decent. Tinker-Bell managed to keep his uniform clean the whole game. Probably cause he isn't "confident" enough to play.
Internet tough guys are the coolest.
This guy would probably soil himself if gochiefs gave him tickets to 'the gunshow.' But safe in his basement, he has the power to call an NFL LB 'tinker.'

Frankie
08-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I think they'll trade Fujita. Fox will be manning Bell's spot if Bell can't go.
That's how I see it too.

beer bacon
08-28-2005, 02:22 PM

Mitchell - if he can get comfortable in coverage, he's gonna be really good. He's played well against the run 3 games in a row, and he looked like a leader last night in the defensive huddle

Fox - I had to watch the game a 2nd time to see him. I don't know how he does it, he never seems to stand out, but he always seems to be at the bottom of the pile...

Boomer - getting better game by game, calling attention to himself more often

Scanlon - just not distinguishing himself. He's in the right place it seems, but just not sticking out from the crowd, which is bad news for him considering the hype surrounding Boomer.

Mitchell also made a couple plays in coverage this game it seemed. I think he had a got a hand on a ball on a pass to the endzone.

Count Alex's Wins
08-28-2005, 02:28 PM

I was disappointed he didn't hit any QBs last night to add to my sig.

Any idea why he doesn't have many tackles?

the Talking Can
08-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Internet tough guys are the coolest.
This guy would probably soil himself if gochiefs gave him tickets to 'the gunshow.' But safe in his basement, he has the power to call an NFL LB 'tinker.'

Trent Green said Bell was a gigantic labia.

Coogs
08-28-2005, 05:08 PM

The defensive MVP of NFL Europe may not be able to make the 53 man roster of the 31st ranked defensive team in the NFL. NFL Europe may be in some real trouble if it wasn't already.

Thig Lyfe
08-28-2005, 05:28 PM
The defensive MVP of NFL Europe may not be able to make the 53 man roster of the 31st ranked defensive team in the NFL. NFL Europe may be in some real trouble if it wasn't already.

Yeah, that's not a good thing for NFLE, I'd say.

keg in kc
08-28-2005, 05:44 PM
The linebackers have been the most impressive part of the preseason so far, with the exception of Larry Johnson going wild. It's like night and day from the days of Glenn Cadrez and Lew Bush, even with Key Fox or Kris Griffin starting. The upgrade in speed and athleticism is noticable. Glaring, to borrow a Vermeilism. And they appear to be in the right places at the right time, with the ability to bring people down. Hard, sometimes. Mitchell, in particular, looks a little better (and more comfortable) every week. And the talk about Johnson being defensive rookie of the year looks like a lot more than just talk, assuming he stays healthy.

Ebolapox
08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
...Any idea why he doesn't have many tackles?

well, isn't it obvious?!?

he doesn't take on blockers

:spock:

-EB-