PDA

View Full Version : OK, after the 3rd preseason game, name your 53 man roster.

John_Wayne
08-28-2005, 06:16 PM
26 Offense ---

3 QBs---
- T. Green
- T. Collins
- J. Quinn

5 RBs ---
- P. Holmes
- L. Johnson
- M. Smith
- T. Richardson
- R. Holcombe

3 TE ---
- T. Gonzalez
- J. Dunn
- K. Wilson

6 WR ---
- E. Kennison
- S. Parker
- M. Boerigter
- C. Horn
- D. Hall
- C. Thorpe

9 OL --
- W. Roaf
- W. Shields
- C. Weigman
- B. Waters
- K. Sampson
- J. Black
- C. Bober
- B. Williams
- J. Wellborn

24 Defense ---

8 DL ---
- E. Hicks
- R. Sims
- L. Dalton
- J. Allen
- C. Hall
- J. Browning
- J. Wilkerson
- A. Dixon

7 LB ---
- D. Johnson
- K. Bell
- K. Mitchell
- K. Fox
- K. Griffin
- B. Grigsby
- G. Stills

9 DB ---
- P. Surtain
- D. McCleon
- B. Sapp
- E. Warfield
- A. Hodge
- S. Knight
- G. Wesley
- S. Harts
- W. Bartee

3 Special Teams ---
- D. Colquitt
- L. Tynes
- K. Gammon

8 PS ---
- QB - J. Kilian
- OL - W. Svitek
- WR - J. McIntyre
- LB - R. Scanlon
- DE - K. Long
- WR - R. Smith
- DT - M. Sharpe
- CB - J. Perkins

1 Traded---
- LB - S. Fujita

2 PUP ---
- LB - S. Barber
- WR - F. Mitchell

2 IR ---
- DB - J. Battle
- DT - J. Siavii

Noteable cuts:
- J. Woods

John_Wayne
08-28-2005, 10:28 PM
BUMP

SNR
08-28-2005, 10:33 PM
We'll have 9 Dlinemen. Especially with still lingering uncertainty about Carlos Hall.

TEX
08-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I reaslly can't understand any 53 man roster that doesn't include Fuj - especially with the status of TinkerBELL.

Any roster is fine with me as long as Saivii is H-I-S-T-O-R-Y!

John_Wayne
08-28-2005, 10:50 PM
We'll have 9 Dlinemen. Especially with still lingering uncertainty about Carlos Hall. If they do keep 9 DL, it'll cost a WR or RB. Also, who would be the 9th DL? There's NOBODY else on the entire roster worth a crap. We don't even have 8 D-linemen worth keeping.

milkman
08-28-2005, 10:52 PM
I reaslly can't understand any 53 man roster that doesn't include Fuj - especially with the status of TinkerBELL.

Any roster is fine with me as long as Saivii is H-I-S-T-O-R-Y!

The Swinging Door, Brett Williams needs to be history as well.

TEX
08-28-2005, 11:01 PM
The Swinging Door, Brett Williams needs to be history as well.

Yep, let me rephrase -
I don't care who's on the roster as long as Bret Williams and Saivii are
H-I-S-T-O-R-Y!

John_Wayne
08-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Yep, let me rephrase -
I don't care who's on the roster as long as Bret Williams and Saivii are
H-I-S-T-O-R-Y!

They won't release Siavii. He's a high draft pick. He'll get plenty of time to succeed or fail. He might go on the PUP though.

What's up with B. Williams? I've not seen him play much, good or bad. Maybe I've just not noticed him. He's that bad?

John_Wayne
08-29-2005, 09:51 AM
We'll have 9 Dlinemen. Especially with still lingering uncertainty about Carlos Hall. He'll play on 9/11.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Who do you cut to keep Fujita?

el borracho
08-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Stills.

Stinger
08-29-2005, 10:30 AM

Bell :evil:

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Stills.

Special teams captain.

He won't be cut.

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 11:15 AM
It'll be interesting to see what people call Bell when he gets his 10th sack sometime in December.

Cormac
08-29-2005, 11:16 AM

I can see us keeping 8 LBs (Stills is mainly a STer anyway), and only 5 WRs (as DV has said time after time).

Cormac
08-29-2005, 11:17 AM
It'll be interesting to see what people call Bell when he gets his 10th sack sometime in December.

heh.

Al Davis

John_Wayne
08-29-2005, 11:40 AM
I can see us keeping 8 LBs (Stills is mainly a STer anyway), and only 5 WRs (as DV has said time after time). I can see us keeping 8 LBs. I think they'd add Scanlon as the 8th. Still would be 3rd string LB, ST ace and backup DE.

Cormac
08-29-2005, 12:41 PM
I can see us keeping 8 LBs. I think they'd add Scanlon as the 8th. Still would be 3rd string LB, ST ace and backup DE.

Scanlon ahead of Fujita?

That would be an egregious error, IMO.

TRR
08-29-2005, 01:03 PM
There are still some big question marks with a couple of players.

(1) Robert Holcombe - This guy was a definite loss. He was going to be the backup FB and 3rd string RB. He should be back shortly, but not in time for the opener. What do we do with him, and who do we keep on the roster until he gets back?

(2) Freddie Mitchell - The easy answer is to cut him. But what happens if he has an awesome week of practice, and an awesome game against the Rams? Do we still cut him? Thorpe has been average at best and also hurt at times. Horn has been Horn, nothing spectacular. Mitchell is another question mark.

(3) Carlos Hall - Now he won't be cut, but the guy has got to be on the field. He got hurt again during the Seahawks game (slight knee twinge, nothing serious), and DV said Hall has been nothing but a big disappointment. With Wilkerson looking solid, Hall needs to get on the field.

(4) Huard, Quinn, or Killian - I think Killian will be on the PS, but who do you pick, Huard or Quinn. Quinn showed me more in 3 quarters than Huard ever has. But is DV on Huard's jock still? That will be an interesting battle.

TRR
08-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Gunther_Fan,

I agree with your 53 man roster, almost.

I would cut Harts, and keep Woods for two simple facts. One is Woods contract that KC will have to eat, and two is I don't think Harts is that much better than Woods, if at all.

The second thing I would do is hang on to Scott Fujita, and cut Dixon, rounding out the total at LB to 8.

The last thing I would do is get rid of Brett Williams and keep Junior Siavii on the active roster, if at all possible. Siavii needs to be able to stay healthy. If he can't, then I agree with your assessment. Brett Williams looked a lot better playing guard than he does playing tackle.

John_Wayne
08-29-2005, 01:43 PM
There are still some big question marks with a couple of players.

(1) Robert Holcombe - This guy was a definite loss. He was going to be the backup FB and 3rd string RB. He should be back shortly, but not in time for the opener. What do we do with him, and who do we keep on the roster until he gets back?

(2) Freddie Mitchell - The easy answer is to cut him. But what happens if he has an awesome week of practice, and an awesome game against the Rams? Do we still cut him? Thorpe has been average at best and also hurt at times. Horn has been Horn, nothing spectacular. Mitchell is another question mark.

(3) Carlos Hall - Now he won't be cut, but the guy has got to be on the field. He got hurt again during the Seahawks game (slight knee twinge, nothing serious), and DV said Hall has been nothing but a big disappointment. With Wilkerson looking solid, Hall needs to get on the field.

(4) Huard, Quinn, or Killian - I think Killian will be on the PS, but who do you pick, Huard or Quinn. Quinn showed me more in 3 quarters than Huard ever has. But is DV on Huard's jock still? That will be an interesting battle.

(1) Yes. Keep him on the roster. He's a veteran. He fills two roster spots. He'll be back soon.
(2) Tough decisions. I'd like to keep Thorpe because I think he'll get stolen from us on the PS. We MIGHT keep Mitchell if he has an awesome week, but I don't see it. Horn will make the roster for the ST.
(3) Carlos will be fine.
(4) Keep Quinn. Killian to the PS.

penchief
08-30-2005, 11:23 AM
I would cut Harts, and keep Woods for two simple facts. One is Woods contract that KC will have to eat, and two is I don't think Harts is that much better than Woods, if at all.

Disagree. Woods looks done. Harts, when given the chance to play has always been active, a solid tackler, and involved in more than his share of big plays.

The second thing I would do is hang on to Scott Fujita, and cut Dixon, rounding out the total at LB to 8.

Agree.

The last thing I would do is get rid of Brett Williams and keep Junior Siavii on the active roster, if at all possible. Siavii needs to be able to stay healthy. If he can't, then I agree with your assessment. Brett Williams looked a lot better playing guard than he does playing tackle.

Agree.