PDA

View Full Version : It ain't too late...

Alphaman
08-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Corey Simon would be a very good pickup for the Chiefs right now. Another addition would be Peter Warrick if he gets cut.

It ain't too late to add these 2 players that could have a positive impact on the Chiefs.

Adding a quality CB if he comes available wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Saulbadguy
08-28-2005, 09:11 PM
What about Troy Edwards, if we cut Freddie Mitchell?

Alphaman
08-28-2005, 09:14 PM

I like Warrick a whole lot better than Edwards. At this point in his career, I'm not convinced Edwards is any better than Boerigter.

Saulbadguy
08-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Yes, Warrick is better. But at what price? Hell, at this point, does it matter who we bring in at WR (I dont think we will) considering they will have to learn the offense and the routes?

Mr. Kotter
08-28-2005, 09:20 PM

Edwards or Warrick would suit me just fine.

Simon? CP and his staff BETTER have that sucker on a plane headed to KC before TUESDAY. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

ROYC75
08-28-2005, 09:21 PM
FTR, IMHO, Mitchell will be better if the leg holds up, he is already ahead in the scheme at this stage.

Saulbadguy
08-28-2005, 09:24 PM
FTR, IMHO, Mitchell will be better if the leg holds up, he is already ahead in the scheme at this stage.
Thats what i would prefer.

Mr. Kotter
08-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Thats what i would prefer.

I don't think there's any question....HOWEVER, is Mitchell gonna make the squad? It ain't lookin' good, unless he has a superb week AND plays well Friday night.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-28-2005, 09:27 PM
It's never too late for love...

Count Alex's Losses
08-28-2005, 09:31 PM
At this point...you guys are all dreaming.

I'd bet my sig and avatar we don't sign anyone worth a crap.

Halfcan
08-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Simon would be a nice pickup, but will probably go to detroit-they had the money at one time. Jags cut Ransom-so they might be in the market. Peter Warrick I could pass on-he just sucks.

HolmeZz
08-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Simon would be a nice pickup, but will probably go to detroit-they had the money at one time. Jags cut Ransom-so they might be in the market. Peter Warrick I could pass on-he just sucks.

Detroit just signed Rogers to an extension I think, giving him big money. Jacksonville in the hunt for a DT? They have Stroud and Henderson already, two of the best in the league.

the Talking Can
08-28-2005, 09:48 PM
I hoping we're looking at all the DT's that get cut...Browning isn't healthy and after him we have nothing...we could honestly use an upgrade at the #4 DT...

Mr. Kotter
08-28-2005, 09:52 PM
At this point...you guys are all dreaming.

I'd bet my sig and avatar we don't sign anyone worth a crap.

Define "worth a crap" and I'd be willing to entertain the possibility of a bet with you..... :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
08-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Define "worth a crap" and I'd be willing to entertain the possibility of a bet with you..... :hmmm:

Someone like Warrick or Simon.

Mr. Kotter
08-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Someone like Warrick or Simon.

I think we'll sign a DT and/or a WR before the opener. I'd like to think we can afford those two by being "creative" with the cap and cuts...but I don't really know. If we start "maneuvering" I'll have to get back to you. :hmmm:

Big Chief Homer
08-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I have read in a few interviews from DV and CP that they think they are thin on the D-line and are keeping an eye open.And with CP and DVs hard on for Players from philly,Lets hope they're looking in Simons direction.

While I hope they bring him in I also believe hes a longshot.

TEX
08-28-2005, 10:35 PM
And I remember this time last year when Trotter was available for very low dollars... :hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
08-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Why is everybody druling over Peter Warrick? He isn't that good, his one big game was against us, the Career Day Defense.