PDA

View Full Version : Dump TinkerBell pick up Simon?

Halfcan
08-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Since Bell has not actually hit anyone, maybe we can void his 7 yr contract. Missouri has a lemon law in effect to protect the consumer against fraud. Yes this is for cars, But since Bell, has undisclosed mechanical problems(Arthetic shoulder, ankle, groin, other shoulder, no confidence to hit someone) Maybe the Att. Gen will step in and void this horrible deal Petterson has stuck the Chiefs with. I wish!!

Maybe he can at least be put on PUP list with our other big time LB FA Barber, to get some cap relief to get the guy we still need.

Hey you cap gurus-what are our options to put him on IR or B release him outright-and what would be the cap hit this year and future years???

milkman
08-28-2005, 08:59 PM
I knew this post was coming, though I expected it would be peterg to post it.

Mr. Kotter
08-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Uh....no. Bell is gonna be just fine.

However, signining Simon....if at all possible, should be a priority.

Damn it, CARL!!! :cuss:

Halfcan
08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Sorry but Bell looks like a huge bust right now and we need someone in the middle. Junior is probably going to be cut. Simms is average and everyone else is subpar or been hurt.
What if they cut Barber-how much would that free up?

Mr. Kotter
08-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Sorry but Bell looks like a huge bust right now...

I hope you are enough of a fan to hope you live to eat those words....heh ;)

Halfcan
08-28-2005, 09:13 PM
lol- hell I hope so, I might have to wait a while it sounds like. I mean the guy has not hit anyone. The only big hit was when his huge bonus hit the bank. And maybe I am wrong but did he not say on the day he signed he "was in great shape, felt good and could go out today and play." Yet it is nothing but excuses with this guy. I thought it was a 7 yr deal also-which could hurt for a long time if he turns out to be a Dan Williams.

You must have missed all the other post about this guy- I am not the only one ready to see the real deal.

Phobia
08-28-2005, 09:44 PM
I think I'll withhold judgement for when Bell actually suits up. I hope that's okay with everyone else.

Iowanian
08-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Would you please refrain from being a douche.

....at least 3 days per week?

Thanks.

milkman
08-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Sorry but Bell looks like a huge bust right now and we need someone in the middle. Junior is probably going to be cut. Simms is average and everyone else is subpar or been hurt.
What if they cut Barber-how much would that free up?

Kendrell Bell, biggest preseason bust EVAR!!!!!

Damnit Carl!!!!! :cuss:

TEX
08-28-2005, 09:54 PM
lol- hell I hope so, I might have to wait a while it sounds like. I mean the guy has not hit anyone. The only big hit was when his huge bonus hit the bank. And maybe I am wrong but did he not say on the day he signed he "was in great shape, felt good and could go out today and play." Yet it is nothing but excuses with this guy. I thought it was a 7 yr deal also-which could hurt for a long time if he turns out to be a Dan Williams.

You must have missed all the other post about this guy- I am not the only one ready to see the real deal.

Yes, Tinkerbell did say that at the time we signed him. The interesting thing about his deal is it's a two-tiered bonus meaning if he is unable to play, the CHIEFS don't have to pay the 2nd part which is for the big money. But that will effect next year's cap, not this year. In any case, the CHIEFS took into account his injury/injuries which is why they did the deal the way they did. Hopefully he'll play but it sure looks like it's not in the future anytime soon. :banghead:

Rudy lost the toss
08-28-2005, 10:02 PM

Halfcan
08-28-2005, 10:24 PM
So tex your saying they KNEW he was damaged goods? If that was the case why not come out and say this guy has some rehabb still, instead of the, we targeted this guy and he will be the new leader of the defense?

You guys sure have a lot of confidence in Bell for only playing what three games last year, plus the fact he didn't make one tackle all training camp. And now has missed 3 games and looks doubtful for St Louis.

And Iowain, I try to ignore your worthless azz-you must have a pretty pathetic life when all you do is get on a forum and call names. How about not reading my post if you can't respond without sounding like a serial killer with homo-erotic tendencies.

Iowanian
08-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Whatever....I'm not the one who starts 2-3 STOOPID threads every day.

I've read enough of your posts to know they're usually of *this* quality.

if you're into creative imagery....I'd enjoy seeing you take a shot

alanm
08-28-2005, 10:34 PM
So tex your saying they KNEW he was damaged goods? If that was the case why not come out and say this guy has some rehabb still, instead of the, we targeted this guy and he will be the new leader of the defense?

You guys sure have a lot of confidence in Bell for only playing what three games last year, plus the fact he didn't make one tackle all training camp. And now has missed 3 games and looks doubtful for St Louis.

And Iowain, I try to ignore your worthless azz-you must have a pretty pathetic life when all you do is get on a forum and call names. How about not reading my post if you can't respond without sounding like a serial killer with homo-erotic tendencies.
Damn... You sure you're not Iowanian's Mother?? ROFL
j/k

Iowanian
08-28-2005, 10:36 PM
halfwit knows I'm his daddy.....thats the problem.

Mecca
08-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Would you please refrain from being a douche.

....at least 3 days per week?

Thanks.

I thought he was a douche 7 days a week, I guess he's making improvement.

How about when posting a thread, we actually put some realism in the scenario this one has none. Halfcan is that friend we all have that we don't talk about.

By the way just so you know cutting Bell would cost us money not save us money, so your theory in the base of it, is flawed.

TEX
08-28-2005, 10:42 PM

Yep. That's kind of what I'm saying. What I'm actually saying is they knew there might be some problems so they structured Bell's contract as such. But don't put me in with the folks who wanted him. I was totally AGAINST the signing from day one because I figured what's going on now would be the case all year. On a _efense that needs help. it wasn't worth the risk IMO. There's also a reason why the CHIEFS targeted Trotter and Hartwell first. :hmmm:

What the Bell signing did was it enabled them to sign others too rather than breaking the bank with one player. I understand the logic, but in any case, I would have stayed AWAY from Tinkerbell.

Who knows what's going to happen? I've been wrong many times before.

Halfcan
08-28-2005, 10:52 PM
LOL I wasn't against the signing him at all and I still don't hate the guy. What I get sick of is the excuses. He had a groin problem last year, now this shoulder thing is coming up-arthetic is what it was called-meaning this could end up dogging him all year. Why can't they just come out and be honest with the fans. Carl wanted the big headlines on this guy as an A list player-when it sounds like by the 2 tiered bonus they knew what they had. That is the first I heard about the split bonus on this guy. I hope he plays in the opener and kicks some Jets azz. Preseason will be just a bad memory. Still wish we could get Simon though.

TEX
08-28-2005, 11:22 PM
LOL I wasn't against the signing him at all and I still don't hate the guy. What I get sick of is the excuses. He had a groin problem last year, now this shoulder thing is coming up-arthetic is what it was called-meaning this could end up dogging him all year. Why can't they just come out and be honest with the fans. Carl wanted the big headlines on this guy as an A list player-when it sounds like by the 2 tiered bonus they knew what they had. That is the first I heard about the split bonus on this guy. I hope he plays in the opener and kicks some Jets azz. Preseason will be just a bad memory. Still wish we could get Simon though.

I hear ya and agree with your takes about the "bad memory" and all the B.S. excuses from both Bell and the coaching staff. However, he has ALWAYS had a shoulder problem, even in college. Plus, the the "Bell Watch" that is going on now in KC is exactly the thing that went on in Pittsburgh, where he got the name Kendrell "Hang-nail" Bell... :hmmm:

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 08:23 AM
I think I'll withhold judgement for when Bell actually suits up. I hope that's okay with everyone else.

No it's not okay. You should commence whining immediately.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 08:24 AM
FYI, players on the PUP list still count against the cap AFAIK.

Uatu
08-29-2005, 08:27 AM
I say we dump Halfcan and pick up the worst poster from the broncos or raiders board, just to triple the median IQ around here.

TRR
08-29-2005, 08:30 AM
This is the kind of crap people post on the KCStar board. No offense, but why post ideas like this that will NEVER happen? I mean seriously...

Lzen
08-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Get Simon? Simon who?

FWIW, I'll withhold judgement until he starts missing regular season games.

Is it a concern? Yes, definitely.
Is the daily Chicken Little routine necessary? Absolutely not.

wasi
08-29-2005, 08:40 AM
This is the kind of crap people post on the KCStar board. No offense, but why post ideas like this that will NEVER happen? I mean seriously...

Too much of Madden video game series.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Too much of Madden video game series.

BOOM! Where'd that truck come from!

petegz28
08-29-2005, 09:10 AM
I knew this post was coming, though I expected it would be peterg to post it.

rochambeau

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Get Simon? Simon who?
corey simons

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122654

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Since Bell has not actually hit anyone, maybe we can void his 7 yr contract. Missouri has a lemon law in effect to protect the consumer against fraud. Yes this is for cars, But since Bell, has undisclosed mechanical problems(Arthetic shoulder, ankle, groin, other shoulder, no confidence to hit someone) Maybe the Att. Gen will step in and void this horrible deal Petterson has stuck the Chiefs with. I wish!!

Maybe he can at least be put on PUP list with our other big time LB FA Barber, to get some cap relief to get the guy we still need.

Hey you cap gurus-what are our options to put him on IR or B release him outright-and what would be the cap hit this year and future years???

Thread of the year.

beavis
08-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Maybe the Att. Gen will step in and void this horrible deal Petterson has stuck the Chiefs with. I wish!!

Maybe we can get him to void your Planet membership while he's at it.

Lzen
08-29-2005, 10:01 AM
I would love for the Chiefs to sign Corey Simon. But I'm not counting on it.

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 10:11 AM
This is so stupid on so many levels that it's an insult to the word "stupid". Reading it's cost me about 15 IQ points. And it's not like I had spare IQ points to waste. I mean, damn, I clicked on the thread in the first place. How dumb was that? Well, lesson learned. Halfcan is a moron.

eazyb81
08-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Seriously, what is the point of a thread like this? Do you really think there is even a 1% chance of us cutting Bell AND winning the bidding war for Simon?

I would love to have Simon, but this isn't Madden. We all know how strapped we are in regards to the salary cap, we can't just go around signing everyone we want to.

go bowe
08-29-2005, 11:33 PM
*gasp*

it's NOT madden??

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bowser
08-29-2005, 11:37 PM
*gasp*

it's NOT madden??

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bell is a monster on Madden. Surely, the coaches know this and don't plan on trading/cutting him.

David.
08-30-2005, 01:33 AM
halfcan, you're like...a super noob

Halfcan
08-30-2005, 01:40 AM
Whatever-jeez it was a joke. You guys need to lighten up. Like I really think they would cut Bell-yep this was the only dumb post this week, lets call names and get our panties in a bunch.

Kerberos
08-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Whatever....I'm not the one who starts 2-3 STOOPID threads every day.

I've read enough of your posts to know they're usually of *this* quality.

if you're into creative imagery....I'd enjoy seeing you take a shot

Hey man ... do I see some correlation here in "YOUR" word???

* T H I S * move the letters around and

* S H I T * Walla !!!

:hmmm:

You might be on to something!

:D

the Talking Can
08-30-2005, 06:43 AM
Since Bell has not actually hit anyone, maybe we can void his 7 yr contract. Missouri has a lemon law in effect to protect the consumer against fraud. Yes this is for cars, But since Bell, has undisclosed mechanical problems

ROFL

lighten up fellas....

TEX
08-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Whatever-jeez it was a joke. You guys need to lighten up. Like I really think they would cut Bell-yep this was the only dumb post this week, lets call names and get our panties in a bunch.

I thought it was pretty funny. I bet most knew you were joking but just jumped at the chance to piss and moan...No big deal.

htismaqe
08-30-2005, 09:23 AM
I thought it was pretty funny. I bet most knew you were joking but just jumped at the chance to piss and moan...No big deal.

Not surprising...