PDA

View Full Version : Broncos release Clarett

JOhn
08-29-2005, 01:59 AM
DENVER (AP) - Maurice Clarett's first stab at the NFL will end the same way his last two seasons on the sideline did: no carries, no yards, one big disappointment.

Unable to practice much or play at all during the preseason, Clarett will be released by the Denver Broncos later this week, his agent said Sunday.

"The kid called me and let me know they're going to let him go," Steven Feldman said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

Clarett's pending release also was reported by ESPN.com on Sunday.

Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano said the team didn't plan to release anybody until Tuesday, which is the deadline for NFL teams to cut rosters to 65 players. The Broncos were off Sunday and scheduled to practice Monday.

The pending release marks a disappointing start to the NFL career of the troubled former Ohio State running back, who missed two years of football after leading the Buckeyes to the national title in 2002.

He got in trouble with the law and was suspended for the 2003 season. At that point, he hadn't been out of high school long enough to be eligible for the NFL draft, so he sued in federal court to become eligible and eventually lost that case.

While sitting out the 2004 season, Clarett turned on Ohio State, alleging coach Jim Tressel arranged for him to get passing grades, cars and money for bogus summer jobs. An NCAA investigation failed to verify any of Clarett's accusations.

He was a bust at the NFL scouting combine and most thought he would be a low draft pick, if a draft pick at all. The Broncos, who have a history of producing great runners from deep in the draft, surprised many by picking him in the third round.

At the time, coach Mike Shanahan said Clarett's sordid past didn't bother him.

"First of all, I think you don't get too caught up in that," Shanahan said. "I know the situation, what's happened. His slate is clean and we're giving him an opportunity."

Clarett made the unusual move of agreeing to a contract that included no signing bonus. He relinquished what would have been about a $400,000 bonus in exchange for incentives that could have earned him up to $7 million over four years.

If a team claims him off waivers, it will assume the terms of the contract. More likely is that Clarett will clear waivers, become a free agent and sign a new deal.

"I'd love to see someone pick up the contract," Feldman said. "The way the incentives in the contract are, he won't get them with another team."

Clarett came to Denver and said he simply wanted to start over and blend in. He talked a good game, but his chances of making the team were hurt early in training camp when he injured his groin and missed nearly two weeks of practice.

Some teammates questioned Clarett's commitment to rehabilitating the groin and as the missed practices piled up, Shanahan stopped defending Clarett to the media.

Clarett stopped talking to reporters. In one of his last interviews, he told the Denver Post he wanted to be with the Broncos, but "if I get cut, if I don't have a place here, it won't be my first setback."

Clarett was listed fifth on the depth chart behind Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Quentin Griffin and Ron Dayne, who is having a good camp. Shanahan did not play Clarett in any of Denver's three preseason games.

"I think at this point, I'm sure the Broncos did what they thought they needed to do," Feldman said.

Asked if his client was completely healthy, the agent said, "I'm certain he is."

As for the future: "I'm not real confident of anything at this point," Feldman said. "We'll see what happens now."

Demonpenz
08-29-2005, 02:03 AM
he probably has 2 chances left in the nfl i bet one team brings him in then one more then it's to the cfl or arena no matter what unless he decides to go lawrence phillips on some teenagers he might be out of the media light for good in a couple years

stumppy
08-29-2005, 03:07 AM
Soooooooo,

What do you guys think of my new sig. ?

Nightfyre
08-29-2005, 03:33 AM
I wonder what tjs percent error is on his predictions. im pretty sure he'd have to be right for us to determine that, however.

stumppy
08-29-2005, 04:13 AM
I wonder what tjs percent error is on his predictions. im pretty sure he'd have to be right for us to determine that, however.

Thats going to be a stat thats pretty hard to nail down. I'm sure he'll take issue with what your definition of 'error' is. Then, of course, it would be easier to pin a tomato seed to a picnic table than get him to agree on what an actual prediction is. Rather, I should say, an actual prediction by him.

In the past I've had the urge to point out some of his foot in mouth type of posts and really dog him about it. But in the end I usually let them slide.
Think about it.....The poor bastards a Donco fan! Any type of humiliation, ridicule, or even just smearing poop in his face by any of us would just be a little ray of sunshine in his crappy world.

trndobrd
08-29-2005, 05:31 AM
Since he ne never played a down in the NFL does this still qualify as a draft 'bust'?

Most experts say that you can't tell if a player is a 'bust' for at least two seasons after the draft.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 05:51 AM
Good... I can stop hearing about him now.

cdcox
08-29-2005, 06:00 AM

Yeah, but we'll get to taunt you with the wasted 3rd round draft choice as long as The Genious is in Denver. Not to mention that Denver violated the salary cap during their championship seasons.

KCFalcon59
08-29-2005, 06:05 AM
I hear McDonalds is hiring.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 06:20 AM
Yeah, but we'll get to taunt you with the wasted 3rd round draft choice as long as The Genious is in Denver. Not to mention that Denver violated the salary cap during their championship seasons.

You should probably throw out the names of players like Marcus Nash, Middlebrooks or signings of guys like Kennison and IHOP... they are likely to get me riled up easier than anything regarding Clarett. As for the final piece... you need new material.

KChiefs1
08-29-2005, 06:52 AM
The Browncos just figured out what everyone else knew back in April when they drafted him in the 3rd round.

Skip Towne
08-29-2005, 06:53 AM
You should probably throw out the names of players like Marcus Nash, Middlebrooks or signings of guys like Kennison and IHOP... they are likely to get me riled up easier than anything regarding Clarett. As for the final piece... you need new material.
Yah, yah, yah, MHM, Clarett's a bust. We told you so, yah, yah, yah.

SNR
08-29-2005, 07:38 AM
Damn. I was really looking foward to us kicking the crap out him. Too bad.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Damn. I was really looking foward to us kicking the crap out him. Too bad.

Hey ... we still have Ron Dayne and Q.

StcChief
08-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Not a bust to Dungver. but giving up your 3rd round pick 2005 counts for something. Could of had a better player that would develop.

No signing bonus of any kind, what an idiot.

He deserves a break today....at McDonalds.

Iowanian
08-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Still can't believe that idiot didn't take all he could get on a signing bonus. He deserves it when he ends up on the night shift at a carwash when he's 50.

....the Donks don't need Clarett.....after all, they've got the Heisman trophy winning Ron Dayne.

Personally....I think Tagliabooo made Shanahan Draft Clarett in the 3rd as further punishment for cheating on the salary cap.

Rukdafaidas
08-29-2005, 08:17 AM
The Mane keeps dogging the Chiefs for taking Colquitt in the third round, meanwhile the Broncos just cut theirs.

Bowser
08-29-2005, 08:20 AM
The Mane keeps dogging the Chiefs for taking Colquitt in the third round, meanwhile the Broncos just cut theirs.

Denial. Not just a river in Egypt anymore.

Lzen
08-29-2005, 08:24 AM

Why would they be dogging us for taking Colquitt? He's looking like a really good pick so far.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 08:27 AM
not even close...

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Why would they be dogging us for taking Colquitt? He's looking like a really good pick so far.
Because they are complete morons. They'd rather have a guy that never makes the team than a good punter.

Gaz
08-29-2005, 08:29 AM
Heh.

xoxo~
Gaz
Enjoying this more than is decent.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 08:29 AM
Still can't believe that idiot didn't take all he could get on a signing bonus. He deserves it when he ends up on the night shift at a carwash when he's 50.

....the Donks don't need Clarett.....after all, they've got the Heisman trophy winning Ron Dayne.

Personally....I think Tagliabooo made Shanahan Draft Clarett in the 3rd as further punishment for cheating on the salary cap.
The donks are becoming the laughing stock of the league... which is really impressive considering OUR defense the last two years.

Sweet.

TEX
08-29-2005, 09:32 AM
But...but...but don't EVER question the Rat when drafting a RB. ROFL
Looks like he got a bit too full of himself here... :hmmm:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2005, 09:37 AM
And another team drafts a bust...

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 09:38 AM
The donks are becoming the laughing stock of the league... which is really impressive considering OUR defense the last two years.

Sweet.

That's a bit of wishful thinking... since we're talking about bad signings, what's all the hubub with Bell in KC? I haven't read the threads, so I don't know if it's just people not having patience or what...

Bowser
08-29-2005, 09:41 AM
That's a bit of wishful thinking... since we're talking about bad signings, what's all the hubub with Bell in KC? I haven't read the threads, so I don't know if it's just people not having patience or what...

It's frustration. First, they hold him out because of his shoulder. Then, DV says the docs don't want him to play. Then after that, DV is kinda questioning Bell's heart. But all the while, they say he's a beast in practice and tearing it up.

If he doesn't play Friday vs. the Rams, I'm going to start getting worried.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2005, 09:42 AM

Bell is Black Superman.

The posters here are imploding merely to catch rival fans off guard...

ptlyon
08-29-2005, 10:15 AM

I agree w/MHM - talk smack if you want to but we have our own skeletons in our closets.

MHM stated right after the draft that the pick confused him as well.

And if you didn't watch the Donx/Colts game Saturday night, we have a reason to be worried.

They are better than I thought that they would be.

vailpass
08-29-2005, 11:16 AM

Sweet.

You usually have pretty good takes but that is the dumbest thing I've seen posted in a while.
I'll save the smack and simply invite you to back up that statement after KC visits Denver in a few weeks.

KChiefs1
08-29-2005, 11:16 AM
And if you didn't watch the Donx/Colts game Saturday night, we have a reason to be worried.

The whole AFC West is going to be tough this year....yes even the Faiders have looked good(on offense that is...their defense still sucks azz though!).

WisChief
08-29-2005, 11:21 AM

Same thoughts here, but I wonder if Indy's piss poor D is REALLY going to catch up with them this season.

Uatu
08-29-2005, 11:22 AM
I agree w/MHM - talk smack if you want to but we have our own skeletons in our closets.

James 4.1 yards per carry, P. Manning 200+yd 2 TD in the first half. That doesn't look that impressive to me.

Big deal, they scored on the Colts' D. So does everyone else.

TEX
08-29-2005, 11:24 AM
You usually have pretty good takes but that is the dumbest thing I've seen posted in a while.
I'll save the smack and simply invite you to back up that statement after KC visits Denver in a few weeks.

I'm curious as to what that statement has to do with Denver being laughed at over the whole Clarett fiasco? It was stupid and many did laugh. The game in Denver will have nothing to do with it. Right?

vailpass
08-29-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm curious as to what that statement has to do with Denver being laughed at over the whole Clarett fiasco? It was stupid and many did laugh. The game in Denver will have nothing to do with it. Right?

Reading for comprehension is a skill. When in doubt, attempt to ascertain the author's intent through contextual cues.

TEX
08-29-2005, 11:28 AM

Hmmmm - are they going to go to the Pre-season Super Bowl? :hmmm:

I fear no team based on preseason performances. So many teams have looked "great" during the preseason and have fallen flat on their faces when it's for real and the reverse holds true as well.

TEX
08-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Reading for comprehension is a skill. When in doubt, attempt to ascertain the author's intent through contextual cues.

My question still stands. Why would one have to do with the other?Unless you, being one author, morphs it as such? The outcome of a game has nothing to do with a badly blown draft pick that tons of people laughed at - and rightfully so.

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 11:38 AM
When I was watching the Chiefs' preseason game at the sports bar, they had the local team's game showing on the big screen. I figured that it didn't look good for Slo Mo when the announcers said that Shanahan had told them that he'd pulled Slo Mo aside "at least ten times" to tell him that he needed to start working harder.

Taco John
08-29-2005, 11:40 AM
I wish we'd have held onto him. Oh well. It was a free pick anyway

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 11:41 AM
You should probably throw out the names of players like Marcus Nash, Middlebrooks or signings of guys like Kennison and IHOP... they are likely to get me riled up easier than anything regarding Clarett. As for the final piece... you need new material.If someone else said this already, sorry.

Clarett lost his second level BURST.

WisChief
08-29-2005, 11:41 AM

I guess that's one way to look at it. ROFL

Sure-Oz
08-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Our local pizza hut is hiring as well

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 01:37 PM
My question still stands. Why would one have to do with the other?Unless you, being one author, morphs it as such? The outcome of a game has nothing to do with a badly blown draft pick that tons of people laughed at - and rightfully so.
What he said. I'm sure... well not really.... that the donks will be an average to OK team this year. They always are. The point I was making was about the thread topic.... Clarett.... and the donks being a lauhing-stock now for drafting him so high just to cut him before pre-season is even over. That's just funny. I thought the rat was suppossed to be some kind of RB genious....

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 01:38 PM
ROFL

Yea you're right... draft pick, smaft pick.... who needs 'em....

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Good idea...and the context refers to Mo... or should I say "no Mo."

:)

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Why? You and Shanahan both must have missed the combine, his stats over the last year, and his overall suck. It's amazing that seemingly everyone else in the football-informed realm saw this one coming a mile away.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I would without a doubt be laughing my ass off at KC if they pulled a similar stunt... so, I can appreciate the humor you're all getting out of this one.

In reality, I never liked the pick and have expressed as much... he's gone, they blew the pick and that's it. They made the decision so, if they're getting ripped by everyone, so be it.

I've said since the signing that too much was being made about a guy that was set up to be the #3 at best option. So, yes... I would have loved for them to have spent that pick on some Olineman or other position and have that guy battling it out now for a depth spot. It didn't happen...

I'm more in awe that it's Mike Anderson and not Tatum Bell entering week one as the #1 RB. I'm not surprised at his talent, we've seen him rock. I'm just surprised he's held off Bell...

I wish Anderson the best and really like him as a player. It's too bad that his performance so far is being over shadowed by all the Clarett BS.

Uatu
08-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I don't understand the "well it was free anyway" philosophy.

If I won some kind of a contest and got a new car as the prize, and then I traded it for a sack of horsecrap saying "Oh well, it was a free car anyway," the rest of the world would have no problem seeing that this was poor judgement on my part. The fact that something was received for free does not mean that it's impossible to use it foolishly.

I don't know why the perceived need to make excuses for a bad pick. It was just a bad pick. They happen all the time.

Coach
08-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Well, now that he's cut, do you Bronco Fans think that he will go to the Practice Squad?

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Why? You and Shanahan both must have missed the combine, his stats over the last year, and his overall suck. It's amazing that seemingly everyone else in the football-informed realm saw this one coming a mile away.

There has been talk that other teams (Dallas being one of them) were looking at Clarett in the draft, possibly round 5 or 6. Denver didn't have a pick in the 4th (I think) so, they took a chance. It didn't work. Shit happens.... the world keeps rollin' along.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Well, now that he's cut, do you Bronco Fans think that he will go to the Practice Squad?

I doubt it... sounds like his attitude didn't change. If they were going to put him on the practice squad... why cut him? His contract is nothing. KC can claim him off waivers I suppose.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 01:52 PM
I don't understand the "well it was free anyway" philosophy.

If I won some kind of a contest and got a new car as the prize, and then I traded it for a sack of horsecrap saying "Oh well, it was a free car anyway," the rest of the world would have no problem seeing that this was poor judgement on my part. The fact that something was received for free does not mean that it's impossible to use it foolishly.

I don't know why the perceived need to make excuses for a bad pick. It was just a bad pick. They happen all the time.

True.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 01:53 PM
I would without a doubt be laughing my ass off at KC if they pulled a similar stunt... so, I can appreciate the humor you're all getting out of this one.

In reality, I never liked the pick and have expressed as much... he's gone, they blew the pick and that's it. They made the decision so, if they're getting ripped by everyone, so be it.

I've said since the signing that too much was being made about a guy that was set up to be the #3 at best option. So, yes... I would have loved for them to have spent that pick on some Olineman or other position and have that guy battling it out now for a depth spot. It didn't happen...

I'm more in awe that it's Mike Anderson and not Tatum Bell entering week one as the #1 RB. I'm not surprised at his talent, we've seen him rock. I'm just surprised he's held off Bell...

I wish Anderson the best and really like him as a player. It's too bad that his performance so far is being over shadowed by all the Clarett BS.
Being that you're a Denver fan I don't want to like you but you sometimes make it hard.

KCTitus
08-29-2005, 02:00 PM
As far as the Maurice Clarett pick goes, I couldn't be more happy. I mentioned it back when he was being laughed at for his combine time. That doesn't bother me. TD didn't run fast during 40's either. But he had instincts that were uncanny. Clarrett is the same way. He led his team to a championship during his freshman campaign because he knew how to bounce out of tackles, when to spin to force a miss, and when to turn the boosters ON! If the NFL would have allowed this kid to use his natural God given talent when he wanted to come out, he'd have been drafted in the first five picks and we'd have never had a shot at him. I love how we're being laughed at for using a compensatory pick that we didn't even know we'd get until a month before the draft to take a kid with first round instincts.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115280

A far cry from 'ho hum'...

Brock
08-29-2005, 02:01 PM

He looked a lot more like Barry Sanders back then.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 02:04 PM

You are too damn quick with this stuff... umm, you don't by chance have any of my comments handy do you? I can't imagine that I was positive on the deal, anything greater than a "if it works cool, if not, oh well" kind of statement.

WisChief
08-29-2005, 02:05 PM

ROFL

:clap:

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Being that you're a Denver fan I don't want to like you but you sometimes make it hard.

:hmmm: The ending of that statement kinda makes me nervous...

vailpass
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
What he said. I'm sure... well not really.... that the donks will be an average to OK team this year. They always are. The point I was making was about the thread topic.... Clarett.... and the donks being a lauhing-stock now for drafting him so high just to cut him before pre-season is even over. That's just funny. I thought the rat was suppossed to be some kind of RB genious....

Sorry I took your post wrong. Went to the dunes last weekend, must still have a little sand in the meat flap.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM
I did find this thread from back in April... I called Clarett "depth fodder". I even told Titus to "save" my bold prediction about what Bell would do this season.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115133&highlight=Clarett

Hmmm... may need to replace Bell with Anderson, but then again... Bell could be the starter by week 4, so I'm probably safe.

Taco John
08-29-2005, 02:12 PM

I hope so.

PunkinDrublic
08-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Looks like Maurice will be competing with Marcus Nash for more hours at the Mcdonalds drive through.

Taco John
08-29-2005, 02:15 PM

Without a doubt I'm disappointed. I think Clarett could still be something. But I knew from the minute that I heard about his contract that he didn't have the maturity to play under such conditions on a deep squad like we've got.

I wish we'd have held onto him. I hope he clears waivers and we send the kid to NFLE.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 02:15 PM
I hope this is the last I hear of the guy in Denver...

WisChief
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
...I think Clarett could still be something...

In all seriousness - based on what? His freshman year, what, 4 years ago?

Uatu
08-29-2005, 02:22 PM
In all seriousness - based on what? His freshman year, what, 4 years ago?

He doesn't have the work ethic or mental maturity to keep a job in the NFL. Or hell, maybe even any job at all. He's Lawrence Phillips.

KCTitus
08-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Without a doubt I'm disappointed. I think Clarett could still be something. But I knew from the minute that I heard about his contract that he didn't have the maturity to play under such conditions on a deep squad like we've got.

I wish we'd have held onto him. I hope he clears waivers and we send the kid to NFLE.

I dont believe he has the maturity to play in the NFL at all.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2005, 02:25 PM
I dont believe he has the maturity to play in the NFL at all.

There's no doubt about it... despite doing himself NO favors in the combines, the Broncos of all "RB friendly" teams with the ability to turn no-names into stars, gives him a freaking gift of an opportunity and he can't cut it.

Ron Dayne for crying out loud is doing well (which is what he does in the preseason anyway), but he's doing what he needs to do.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:26 PM
:hmmm: The ending of that statement kinda makes me nervous...
yea, well don't flatter yourself donkey boy....

:D

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 02:27 PM
I guess Taco John's quote in Post 54 explains why the boosters were giving money to Slo Mo.

alanm
08-29-2005, 02:33 PM

Yeah... You gotta admire Taco's ability to flap his hind lips with such assurance and ease. :D

Uatu
08-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Good thing these babies (http://store.denverbroncos.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1996830&cp=716586&clickid=mainnav_gear_txt&parentPage=family) are still available. Hurry up and get 'em all before they're gone! Only $74.99!

(what's sad is a bunch of people probably bought them)

Taco John
08-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Bah! it was a free pick. We were gambling on the houses money. It's not like we drafted Ryan Simms in the first round here or anything...

KC Dan
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Bah! it was a free pick. We were gambling on the houses money. It's not like we drafted Ryan Simms in the first round here or anything...
HA! Deflection! :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Weak. Sims was actually considered a good pick at the time...not a bumbling idiot..... and he's finally starting to well pretty well. He still has a chance to be an impact player.......... not a bumbling idiot.

Taco John
08-29-2005, 09:01 PM
More like "perspective."

Otter
08-29-2005, 09:56 PM
You're awesome Taco.

You would sooner drown than leave go of an anvil out of pure spite. There is only one thing I like about you and it's your total disregard for dignity in cases like this.

Never change that big guy, please.

Rukdafaidas
08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Get with the times, Taco. We're way more pissed at the Siavii pick than the Sims pick.

stumppy
08-30-2005, 03:43 PM
You're awesome Taco.

You would sooner drown than leave go of an anvil out of pure spite. There is only one thing I like about you and it's your total disregard for dignity in cases like this.

Never change that big guy, please.

Indeed.

CHIEF4EVER
08-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Yet another in a long list of personnel screw ups by Shanarat the Jeen-yus.

vailpass
08-30-2005, 03:52 PM

It was a draft mistake. They happen. Now it's over. I'm much more interested to see if the defensive line moves pay off for Denver; so far it looks like we might have improved in that area.

CHIEF4EVER
08-30-2005, 03:54 PM
It was a draft mistake. They happen. Now it's over. I'm much more interested to see if the defensive line moves pay off for Denver; so far it looks like we might have improved in that area.

Engelberger is solid but I wouldn't bet the farm on the Brown rejects. You will be danged lucky if Courtney Brown plays 6+ games.

Mile High Mania
08-30-2005, 04:03 PM

He hits more than he misses when it comes to bringing in talent, and that's all you can ask for...

vailpass
08-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Engelberger is solid but I wouldn't bet the farm on the Brown rejects. You will be danged lucky if Courtney Brown plays 6+ games.

Yeah, Brown's durability is a big concern. Coyer platoons his d-line so no one guy carries more than a part of the load. Hopefully this will help.
Pryce looks like he might have regained his form. If so he and Engleberger will make a nice pair. This should free up our LB's to fly around and raise hell.
Of course not a single down of real ball has been played yet. We'll all know a lot more about our teams come 9/11 (does it feel weird looking forward to that date or is it just me?)

Eye Patch
08-30-2005, 04:07 PM
More like "perspective."

No matter the team... no matter the player.... if you select someone in the 3rd round and you cut them before pre-season is over...

It's a huge mistake by ratface... and the morons who defend him.

KC Dan
08-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Who cares! He was a fuggin' donk and wish they would have kept the loser.

CHIEF4EVER
08-30-2005, 04:14 PM
No matter the team... no matter the player.... if you select someone in the 3rd round and you cut them before pre-season is over...

It's a huge mistake by ratface... and the morons who defend him.

Actually they were just "playing with the houses money". No mistake there. ROFL

Just ask the Master of Prognostication............

Eye Patch
08-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Actually they were just "playing with the houses money". No mistake there. ROFL

Just ask the Master of Prognostication............

Thatís what makes it so easy to pound taco john... his mouth is his worst enemy and he always defends the indefensible.

Rain Man
08-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Now I'm going to have to pick another Bronco to be my whipping boy. I'll probably go back to Lepsis.

siberian khatru
08-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Now I'm going to have to pick another Bronco to be my whipping boy. I'll probably go back to Lepsis.

What about that Billy Barty CB they drafted?

stumppy
08-30-2005, 05:37 PM

Could you be more specific.

Rain Man
08-30-2005, 05:40 PM

The local news here says that the first one is the next coming of Emmitt Thomas. Apparently he can heal cripples with his touch, and has a pot of gold at the end of his rainbow.

I guess one of the other ones is dropping rapidly, though. Maybe he's refusing to take growth hormones or something.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2005, 05:40 PM

What about whipping boyS.

How abot the whole Dline...