PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait for Priest to shut all of you up

Tuckdaddy
08-29-2005, 01:27 PM
in the first game. He's stronger than ever. He spent the off season bulking up to help prevent injuries that hurt him the last two years and he will be ripping through the line like MONSTER! Give away half his carries? Not this year.

morphius
08-29-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm just excited that we have the exact opposite issue that we had when Donnell Bennett was our starting RB.

Tuckdaddy
08-29-2005, 01:30 PM
in the first game. He's stronger than ever. He spent the off season bulking up to help prevent injuries that hurt him the last two years. He will be ripping through the line like a MONSTER! Give away half his carries? Not this year. LJ looks to be a really good RB. Holmes is a rare RB like LT and Faulk and James.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 01:31 PM
You can't argue with facts. Priest would have been caught at the 50.

ptlyon
08-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah, yeah, we heard ya

Tuckdaddy
08-29-2005, 01:33 PM

Of course I can. He would not have gotten caught at the 50. LJ had a lead so big Carl Lewis would not have caught him. Priset with the same lead would have made it.

Rudy lost the toss
individual stats don't matter to me as long as Priest and LJ combine for atleast 2000 yards and 25 TDs

Goapics1
Is there an echo in here?

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Of course I can. He would not have gotten caught at the 50. LJ had a lead so big Carl Lewis would not have caught him. Priset with the same lead would have made it.

That's garbage and you know it.

TRR
08-29-2005, 01:35 PM

I taped the game, and watched that run over 10 times. There's no way Holmes would have been caught either. LJ had a 10 yard advantage on the Seahawks CB. I may even push it as far as saying TRich might have made it to the endzone with the room LJ had.

Tuckdaddy
08-29-2005, 01:39 PM
That's garbage and you know it.

We've seen him run 50 and 80 yard td's of the same type of play as the 97 yarder. Both plays I'm thinking were called back on penalties. One in SF and the other at home against the Seachickens.

Why the hell could he not make it with a 10 tard lead like that.? The defense had to start from a dead stand still.

Lzen
08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Priest isn't a slowpoke by any means. But LJ is definitely faster. Hell, I can't think of too many backs in the NFL that can outrun a CB. LJ has 4.3 speed.

In any case, I think the team is better if they try to utilize both backs as much as possible. ;)

tiptap
08-29-2005, 01:43 PM
I taped the game, and watched that run over 10 times. There's no way Holmes would have been caught either. LJ had a 10 yard advantage on the Seahawks CB. I may even push it as far as saying TRich might have made it to the endzone with the room LJ had.

Would you run the tape of the Denver game when Holmes had the fumble. You know when the CB caught up to him. Now mind you, I think Priest is still great at the stretch play and LJ hasn't demostrated the recieving skills so I still want PH out there. But I don't think that he has the top speed of LJ. You have to get LJ the touches to have that dominant season.

Stinger
08-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Would you run the tape of the Denver game when Holmes had the fumble. You know when the CB caught up to him. Now mind you, I think Priest is still great at the stretch play and LJ hasn't demostrated the recieving skills so I still want PH out there. But I don't think that he has the top speed of LJ. You have to get LJ the touches to have that dominant season.

The one that pops into my mind was the run against the Colts in the the playoffs. Priest had a great game, but he got caught from behind thus the fumble, I wondered if LJ had been running the way he is now at that point in time would he have gotten caught?

TRR
08-29-2005, 01:49 PM

Yeah the Denver game...Where Priest didn't have anything close to a 10 yard advantage that LJ did. Yeah I'll get right on that.

Guaranteed....Holmes would never have been caught. Different amount of seperation, and different CB's chasing them down.

jspchief
08-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Priest would have been caught. He's routinely caught from behind. Holmes' ability to find the hole and accelerate through it is what makes him so good. Not his top speed.

LJ was pulling away from those DBs. The guy is a burner.

That being said, one pre-season play does not dethrone Priest Holmes. The guy has been the best RB in the league for the last three years, when healthy.

I'm excited to see more of LJ too. But there is no good reason to give up on Holmes yet.

TRR
08-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Priest would have been caught. He's routinely caught from behind. Holmes' ability to find the hole and accelerate through it is what makes him so good. Not his top speed.

That being said, one pre-season play does not dethrone Priest Holmes. The guy has been the best RB in the league for the last three years, when healthy.

I'm excited to see more of LJ too. But there is no good reason to give up on Holmes yet.

Nope, I will have to disagree. Priest has rarely been able to hit a hole, and been in the clear without making a move like that...Rarely. The only time I remember him hitting a hole head on, and being in the clear was against Denver, and even then, Priest didn't have the lead that LJ did the other night.

Oh...And Tyrone Poole caught Priest from behind...Poole was a 200 meter sprint champion.

KCChiefsMan
08-29-2005, 01:54 PM
you know we have a GREAT situation at RB when everybody is arguing whether Priest Holmes, the Chiefs all-time leading rusher and hold the record for most TDs in a season which he was on pace to break last year, should be benched!

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 01:55 PM
If Priest shuts me up it will be because he's sucking. I think he's gonna kick ass.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Is Priest as fast as Larry...? No.

Is Priest better than Larry...? Yes

Is this a stupid arguement... Hell yes.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 01:59 PM
TRR all the examples you've cited are BEFORE Priest's injury.

He does not have the speed he had when he first came to KC.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:01 PM

So what... you don't have the brains you once.............. oh forget it...

Stinger
08-29-2005, 02:03 PM

Did you switch accounts with TJ?

TRR
08-29-2005, 02:06 PM

According to what? Trust me, Priest is fast enough to outrun that Seattle DB with a 10 yard headstart. I could have outrun him.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Stop being homers.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
According to what? Trust me, Priest is fast enough to outrun that Seattle DB with a 10 yard headstart. I could have outrun him.

Have you even watched Priest the last two years? He's lucky to break one 30-yard run a year.

BigRedChief
08-29-2005, 02:08 PM

Not that I can here but I'm deaf.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Stop being homers.
Stop being a douche nozzle.

Priest has done nothing but play hard, set records and come back and dumbasses like you have nothing better to do than disrespect him for it.

Lzen
08-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Nope, I will have to disagree. Priest has rarely been able to hit a hole, and been in the clear without making a move like that...Rarely. The only time I remember him hitting a hole head on, and being in the clear was against Denver, and even then, Priest didn't have the lead that LJ did the other night.

Oh...And Tyrone Poole caught Priest from behind...Poole was a 200 meter sprint champion.

I would bet that LJ would not have been caught by Poole. But I agree with what jsp said a couple posts ago.

Uatu
What's funny is that the 2 threads are somehow 3 minutes apart. The more the merrier I guess.

Count Alex's Losses

Priest has done nothing but play hard, set records and come back and dumbasses like you have nothing better to do than disrespect him for it.

This is the NFL which stands for NOT FOR LONG.

What has Priest done for us lately?

BigRedChief
08-29-2005, 02:11 PM

Gochiefs has to be jerking the planet's chain.:hmmm:

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:12 PM

I've never used the ignore feature before. What the hell.

Lzen

I just love it when people make ridiculous claims like this. No, no you couldn't have outrun him. So shut up.

Count Alex's Losses
I've never used the ignore feature before. What the hell.

Wow. Just because my opinion is different than yours?

I have the utmost respect for Priest. But he's not what he once was.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:14 PM

No. Because you're hell bent on being a dumbass just for the sport of it.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Of course I can. He would not have gotten caught at the 50. LJ had a lead so big Carl Lewis would not have caught him. Priset with the same lead would have made it.But that is the point. Priest would never have built up the "lead" like LJ did. He exploded through that hole so fast that the secondary didn't react to it until he already had that lead.

Holmes, I am sorry to say, wouldn't have had the acceleration and thus not as big a lead coming through the hole. This would have given the secondary better angles to pursue, and yes, they may even have caught him by the 3o yard line.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 02:16 PM
No. Because you're hell bent on being a dumbass just for the sport of it.

Wrong again. This is my honest-to-god opinion.

Hell, I hope Priest proves me wrong. That'd be awesome.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 02:17 PM

What has Priest done for us lately?Holmes is still the man.

Sure-Oz
08-29-2005, 02:18 PM
I am glad we have LJ to give priest some rest, i expect lj to get atleast 10 carries a game and keep priest fresh, we are in a win win situation who cares!

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Wrong again. This is my honest-to-god opinion.

Hell, I hope Priest proves me wrong. That'd be awesome.
I hope he proves you wrong too.

Thinking about going to a Royals/rangers game this weekend. Hope the rectals continue to prove you wrong also.

:D

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I am glad we have LJ to give priest some rest, i expect lj to get atleast 10 carries a game and keep priest fresh, we are in a win win situation who cares!
exactly.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Holmes is still the man.

To be the man, you've got to beat the man. What has Priest done to beat out LJ this preseason? NOTHING.

Sure-Oz
08-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Wow priest barely has done anything in the preseason big deal, i think we should be loyal to his ass for what he has done for us, him and LJ will be fresh and give us a nice 1 2 punch easy. Priest still is the man he hasnt done anything to lose it.

vailpass
08-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Holy sh*t. You have never seen an opposing D game plan for LJ but you somehow think he can carry the load game in and game out?
A spring contest does not a starting RB make. Priest has proven his mettle, LJ has never played ONE MEANINGFUL DOWN IN THE NFL. How stupid can you be are you...
Oh, it's GoatCheese. Never mind.

cdcox
08-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Last year LJ averaged 4.8 yards/carry compared to 4.6 for Priest last year. I'm guessing that LJ will again perform better in this statistic and even exend the margin of difference.

Sure-Oz
08-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Holy sh*t. You have never seen an opposing D game plan for LJ but you somehow think he can carry the load game in and game out?
A spring contest does not a starting RB make. Priest has proven his mettle, LJ has never played ONE MEANINGFUL DOWN IN THE NFL. How stupid can you be are you...
I have no doubt that LJ will be the same badass as he was last year and early this preseason even if those games didn't mean shit to us. This is likely priests last year anyway, it will be fun watching both of them run.

BigRedChief
08-29-2005, 02:24 PM

I agree he's not the same RB as he was in 2002 but you are making him out like he's Emmit in Arizona. Priest is still one of the best RB's in the NFL.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:28 PM
To be the man, you've got to beat the man. What has Priest done to beat out LJ this preseason? NOTHING.
Any baron, dead uterus would know that Vermeil isn't gonna use Priest any more than absolutley necessary in PRE-SEASON considering his injury and his value to the team. Of course Larry has fresher legs, he's younger. Saving him isn't nearly as big a concern.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 02:32 PM

WHAT? Did you watch ANY of the Chiefs games in the second half last year? LJ WAS THE STARTER.

Priest has proven his mettle, LJ has never played ONE MEANINGFUL DOWN IN THE NFL.

Again, you're a complete dumbass. LJ was the starter last year. Are the downs somehow not meaningful because we weren't in the playoff hunt? LJ was ripping shit up last year.

How stupid can you be are you...

Oh, it's vailpass. NEVERMIND.

vailpass
08-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Last year LJ averaged 4.8 yards/carry compared to 4.6 for Priest last year. I'm guessing that LJ will again perform better in this statistic and even exend the margin of difference.

LJ played in meaningless end-of-season games where the opposing D weren't sure whether to game plan for him or not.
He has never played one meaningful down in the NFL but a couple of pre-season practice games someone is ready to throw Holmes under the bus?
That proves they don't know their power-I from their Jedi.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 02:36 PM
LJ played in meaningless end-of-season games where the opposing D weren't sure whether to game plan for him or not.

What a load of crap. They were gameplanning for him the second he became the starter. That was around MIDSEASON.

vailpass
08-29-2005, 02:39 PM
WHAT? Did you watch ANY of the Chiefs games in the second half last year? LJ WAS THE STARTER.

Again, you're a complete dumbass. LJ was the starter last year. Are the downs somehow not meaningful because we weren't in the playoff hunt? LJ was ripping shit up last year.

Oh, it's vailpass. NEVERMIND.
Boy, you wouldn't know football if it lodged up inside your yoda jammies.
I won't take the time to explain to you the difference between an opposing D game planning for you and facing generic sets, it would be a waste of time.
Every football take yo have sounds like it came from a manual your daddy bought you years ago in hopes it would inspire you to leave the basement and join the other boys on the field. Instead you used it to prop up your Darth Vader life-size mannikin which was beginning to list to the left due to certain exertions you placed upon it when no one was watching.
Now you want to join in the football fun so you dusted off the manual and act like you know what you're talking about.
Nice try kid, keep at it.

jspchief
08-29-2005, 02:39 PM
He has never played one meaningful down in the NFL but a couple of pre-season practice games someone is ready to throw Holmes under the bus?

Yea, the last eight games of the year were meaningless. Especially to the teams that were playing us. :rolleyes:

Does that include the Denver game where he ripped your ass for 150 yards?

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 02:42 PM
I won't take the time to explain to you the difference between an opposing D game planning for you and facing generic sets, it would be a waste of time.
Every football take yo have sounds like it came from a manual your daddy bought you years ago in hopes it would inspire you to leave the basement and join the other boys on the field. Instead you used it to prop up your Darth Vader life-size mannikin which was beginning to list to the left due to certain exertions you placed upon it when no one was watching.
Now you want to join in the football fun so you dusted off the manual and act like you know what you're talking about.

Nice. You disagree with my opinion so suddenly you play the "football knowledge" card.

F*ck you. LJ will destroy your defense AGAIN this year.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:44 PM
vailpass 1
gochiefs 0

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:44 PM

F*ck you. LJ will destroy your defense AGAIN this year.
vailpass 1
gochiefs 1

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 02:45 PM
vailpass 1
gochiefs 0

What a load of crap. He's a troll.

ANYONE that attacks the poster and NOT the issue should be banned.

ptlyon
08-29-2005, 02:46 PM
What a load of crap. He's a troll.

ANYONE that attacks the poster and NOT the issue should be banned.

Oops. Back to

vailpass 1
gochiefs 0

vailpass
08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Yea, the last eight games of the year were meaningless. Especially to the teams that were playing us. :rolleyes:

Does that include the Denver game where he ripped your ass for 150 yards?

Not knocking LJ and I can see where you wouldn't want to acknowledge it but each game LJ played last year had Holmes listed as qustionable, up until the end. D's didn't game plan just for LJ, they keyed on pass as well as run.
To date LJ has not played one down as the official starter, much less one whole season. He will gethis chance to prove himself but there is insufficient data at this point.
I'm not knocking LJ, I'm asking how the hell anyone in their right football mind can think they have seen enough to know that LJ should play ahead of Holmes.

Dr. Facebook Fever
Oops. Back to

vailpass 1
gochiefs 0
vailpass 1
gochiefs 0
ptlyon 1

onescrewleftuntwisted
whoa!?

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Not knocking LJ and I can see where you wouldn't want to acknowledge it but each game LJ played last year had Holmes listed as qustionable, up until the end. D's didn't game plan just for LJ, they keyed on pass as well as run.
To date LJ has not played one down as the official starter, much less one whole season. He will gethis chance to prove himself but there is insufficient data at this point.
I'm not knocking LJ, I'm asking how the hell anyone in their right football mind can think they have seen enough to know that LJ should play ahead of Holmes.
vailpass 2
gochiefs 0
ptlyon 1

ptlyon
08-29-2005, 02:49 PM
vailpass 1
gochiefs 0
ptlyon 1

I kick ass!

cdcox
08-29-2005, 02:50 PM

You can't argue against the inevitability of getting older.

Going into the '04 season I was very concerned about how soon the window of opportunity for this group of Chiefs would close. My concerns of course centered around the age of our offensive stars: Holmes, Green, Roaf, and Shields. I figureed we were probably good for the '04 season, and the '05 season if we were very lucky.

The center of my concern was Holmes. Historically, RB produce maybe 15 to 20% of their career yardage after the age of 30, and rarely do they string together a bunch of excellent seasons once passing that milestone. Since we rely on Holmes to generate so much of our offense, we really couldn't afford even a modest 20 or 30% dropoff in Holmes production. There was reason to be concerned.

I've seen enough of LJ to know that I am no longer concerned in the least with the RB position as far as the window closing. Right now I am most concerned with the left tackle position, since it is the most difficult to play and Roaf is such a dominant force there. After that, finding a replacement for Green is a huge priority, but I think he will be good through the '06 season, at least.

If you don't think LJ brings something special to the Chiefs offense, you are in for a rude awakening. I only hope we keep him under long-term contract.

jspchief
08-29-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm not knocking LJ, I'm asking how the hell anyone in their right football mind can think they have seen enough to know that LJ should play ahead of Holmes.I agree he hasn't earned a starting spot ahead of Holmes. I've already said it in this thread and others.

I'm as excited to see more of LJ as anyone, but the fact remains that Priest Holmes has easily been the most productive RB in the NFL over the last 3 years when he's healthy. If he's healthy, I'm going to assume he's still the best in the game until we actually see otherwise.

It sucks to have a talent like LJ on the bench, but it doesn't suck to have Priest Holmes on the field in his place.

I'm actually a bit saddened by the people that are giving up on Holmes.

vailpass
08-29-2005, 02:57 PM

If you don't think LJ brings something special to the Chiefs offense, you are in for a rude awakening. I only hope we keep him under long-term contract.

Cool, you are comfortable making that evaluation based on the small existing body of evidence.
I respect that.

I've watched LJ with great interest, as I do all up-and-coming AFC West RB's. I've seen he has a temper(good), I've seen that he has learned to hit the mack-truck sized holes his line provides, and I've seen that he has some speed.

I've also seen that he runs straight up and down when he should get low(coachable), and that he does not have the instincts that allow Priest to melt through a crease and then accelerate to the goal line(comes with experience if at all).

Bottom line IMHO: since Priest has been with KC opposing D's have furiously game planned to stop him. Teams surrender the pass to keep a spy on Holmes. Still, Priest has achieved all that he has.
LJ has never faced this kind of NFL pressure, and until he does he remains in the "potential" category.

tk13
08-29-2005, 03:00 PM
It's simple as this for me. Over the last four years, there has been one player who has stepped up almost every single game and performed when the lights are on. Not in preseason games, in regular season games, when all the chips are down, Priest shows up every week and performs like the best RB in the NFL. He is our best football player. Now LJ has had a couple great preseason games and people want to start him. Priest averaged 10 yds/carry in the first preseason game, nobody talks about that though. That's all I needed to see, he knows he's good, he's got nothing else to prove this preseason. I don't know what the season will hold, but I cannot believe anyone who has actually watched this team the last 4 years actually thinks that when it comes Sept. 11th and things get serious that Priest Holmes is not going to be out there proving everybody wrong. That's all he done for 4 years now.

Iowanian
08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Speaking of "bulking up"

Do you know what often happens when a Running back's Biceps get too large?

ff fff fumbles....thats what.

It looks like you joined an influx of posters for a giant bowl of HHRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Biohazard
08-29-2005, 03:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with having two great RB's. Priest is the vet. and Johnson has picked up some great things from him. More than likely they will use both of them to put some major points on the board! 2 is better than 1. No reason to argue about who is better!

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
I can't wait for anybody at all to shut you up.

MOhillbilly
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Shit! I say KC puts in a 3 back set.
T-Rich,Priest,Johnson.

tk13
08-29-2005, 03:16 PM
There is nothing wrong with having two great RB's. Priest is the vet. and Johnson has picked up some great things from him. More than likely they will use both of them to put some major points on the board! 2 is better than 1. No reason to argue about who is better!
I agree with that. I think if we're smart we could really use it to our advantage. Have defenders running around trying to chase Priest Holmes most of the day, and while he doesn't have breakaway speed Priest is not easy to "catch", then in the 4th quarter we really throw LJ at them, it'd be like getting hit by a Mack Truck in comparison. They compliment each other really well.

penguinz
08-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Speaking of "bulking up"

Do you know what often happens when a Running back's Biceps get too large?

ff fff fumbles....thats what.

It looks like you joined an influx of posters for a giant bowl of HHRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.Not to mention that bulking up tends to slow you down a bit.

patteeu
08-29-2005, 04:01 PM

Ditto

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 04:05 PM
I hope he proves you wrong too.

Thinking about going to a Royals/rangers game this weekend. Hope the rectals continue to prove you wrong also.

:DThe Grangers found out who the man was in baseball.

Right GoChiefie.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 04:08 PM
The Grangers found out who the man was in baseball.

Right GoChiefie.

Eat my shorts.

Not looking good for my bet with Slim Shady. Rangers are 12 games back.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 04:09 PM
It's simple as this for me. Over the last four years, there has been one player who has stepped up almost every single game and performed when the lights are on. Not in preseason games, in regular season games, when all the chips are down, Priest shows up every week and performs like the best RB in the NFL. He is our best football player. Now LJ has had a couple great preseason games and people want to start him. Priest averaged 10 yds/carry in the first preseason game, nobody talks about that though. That's all I needed to see, he knows he's good, he's got nothing else to prove this preseason. I don't know what the season will hold, but I cannot believe anyone who has actually watched this team the last 4 years actually thinks that when it comes Sept. 11th and things get serious that Priest Holmes is not going to be out there proving everybody wrong. That's all he done for 4 years now.I agree with your post. It doesn't hurt to have some motivation for him waiting over on the sidelines either, and vis a vis Johnson.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 04:09 PM
I agree with that. I think if we're smart we could really use it to our advantage. Have defenders running around trying to chase Priest Holmes most of the day, and while he doesn't have breakaway speed Priest is not easy to "catch", then in the 4th quarter we really throw LJ at them, it'd be like getting hit by a Mack Truck in comparison. They compliment each other really well.

That's a great idea. Priest usually doesnt have great 4th quarters. LJ could really seal the deal late in games.

BigRedChief
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Eat my shorts.
I was once a roadie in a rock band that their big hit at the clubs was titled "Eat My Shorts". Sorry for the thread drift. As you were.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Eat my shorts.

Not looking good for my bet with Slim Shady. Rangers are 12 games back.Has the Roaster beaten the shit out of anyone else yet?

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Has the Roaster beaten the shit out of anyone else yet?

Of course not. Kenny is a nice guy and he learned his lesson.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Of course not. Kenny is a nice guy and he learned his lesson.ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 04:17 PM
ROFL

Laugh all you want. That's the absolute truth. Kenny never had any incidents like this before, and he's always been a model citizen.

BigRedChief
08-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Of course not. Kenny is a nice guy and he learned his lesson.

Lesson? What lesson? When? Where? Why?:hmmm:

Skip Towne
08-29-2005, 04:27 PM

Going into the '04 season I was very concerned about how soon the window of opportunity for this group of Chiefs would close. My concerns of course centered around the age of our offensive stars: Holmes, Green, Roaf, and Shields. I figureed we were probably good for the '04 season, and the '05 season if we were very lucky.

The center of my concern was Holmes. Historically, RB produce maybe 15 to 20% of their career yardage after the age of 30, and rarely do they string together a bunch of excellent seasons once passing that milestone. Since we rely on Holmes to generate so much of our offense, we really couldn't afford even a modest 20 or 30% dropoff in Holmes production. There was reason to be concerned.

I've seen enough of LJ to know that I am no longer concerned in the least with the RB position as far as the window closing. Right now I am most concerned with the left tackle position, since it is the most difficult to play and Roaf is such a dominant force there. After that, finding a replacement for Green is a huge priority, but I think he will be good through the '06 season, at least.

Great post, Seedy!!

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Laugh all you want. That's the absolute truth. Kenny never had any incidents like this before, and he's always been a model citizen.ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2005, 05:20 PM
ROFL

What the **** are you laughing about? Kenny has always been one of the good guys. Do you have any evidence otherwise?

hbkeay
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM

he scored 14 td's in half a season and was on pace for almost 2,000 yards last year. that's what he's done lately.

lj is faster than priest, but priest is better than lj.

if priest is sucking after 4 weeks, then we can start having a runningback controversy. otherwise, lj will be a weapon when priest is resting.

Logical
08-29-2005, 06:33 PM
What a load of crap. They were gameplanning for him the second he became the starter. That was around MIDSEASON.Actually he was only the starter for the last 4 games. Blaylock was the starter for the 4 games immediately after Priest went down.

htismaqe
12-22-2005, 11:38 AM
I was searching for some other stuff today and just couldn't resist bringing this back to the top...

siberian khatru
12-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Oopsie-poopsie

jidar
12-22-2005, 11:40 AM
I came, I saw, I lol'd

ChiefsfaninPA
12-22-2005, 11:41 AM
You see, what had happened was.................................

Calcountry
12-22-2005, 11:44 AM
What the **** are you laughing about? Kenny has always been one of the good guys. Do you have any evidence otherwise?Yeah, he sure is nice. Who does he play for now? IIRC its Detroit.

Guru
12-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Now that is funny!!!!