PDA

View Full Version : 50 States in 50 Days

Straight, No Chaser
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
ESPIN has finally achieved entropy.

When I used to tune in for sports news, I could count on not hearing facts like "Utah has the highest literacy rate"

---->

Herzig
08-29-2005, 10:38 PM

When I used to tune in for sports news, I could count on not hearing facts like "Utah has the highest literacy rate"

---->

Shit...when they came to Arkansas, they showed "cardboard boat racing" WTF? I've never ever seen that here. Who wants to watch that.

Frazod
08-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Shit...when they came to Arkansas, they showed "cardboard boat racing" WTF? I've never ever seen that here. Who wants to watch that.

Well, they certainly couldn't talk about the literacy rate..... ROFL

tk13
08-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Well, they certainly couldn't talk about the literacy rate..... ROFL
ROFL ROFL Well played.

Miles
08-29-2005, 10:51 PM

---->

Its extremely annoying and takes up way too much of the show with useless crap. I could also do without having to hear that f*cking intro song all the time.

tk13
08-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Its extremely annoying and takes up way too much of the show with useless crap. I could also do without having to hear that f*cking intro song all the time.
I think SportsCenter is finding more and more useless crap to waste time with anyway. It's become more of a "fast food" show for sports news. I can't wait for the day when they have a nightly musical guest.

Miles
08-29-2005, 11:22 PM
I think SportsCenter is finding more and more useless crap to waste time with anyway. It's become more of a "fast food" show for sports news. I can't wait for the day when they have a nightly musical guest.

Yeah its really unfortunate what has happend to the show.

Straight, No Chaser
08-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Yeah its really unfortunate what has happend to the show.

"Unwatchable" comes to mind. Normally, at this point of the year, I would be waiting for Week One to start because the on-air time shifted from baseball to football. Now, I'm thinking seriously about buying whatever delivery system and package will give me what I want to watch. The kicker is they're utterly shameless.

Can't wait to see how long it takes them to fuggup MNF :shake:

--->

Frazod
08-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Can't wait to see how long it takes them to fuggup MNF :shake:
How long?

Apparentely you've been otherwise engaged on Monday nights for the past five or six years.

Straight, No Chaser
08-29-2005, 11:46 PM
How long?

Apparentely you've been otherwise engaged on Monday nights for the past five or six years.

Hee Hee. Yes, but at least it held some resemblence to better days. Next year it leaves ABC. Consider it Gone...

--->

Goapics1
08-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Hell, I'm waiting for the day ESPN becomes like MTV. All reality shows and zero sports.

RedDread
08-30-2005, 08:57 AM
I for one will be sad to see NFL Primetime go. Even with all its flaws you still saw more highlights that didn't get play *anywhere* else the rest of the week. Stuff that mattered like a play progression that had the safeties cheating up before the deep pass was thrown or all the times Vick got pummelled behind the line before he finally broke free.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-30-2005, 09:18 AM
I posted this thread last week. Same title even. I know that imatation is the sincerest form of flattery though.

:D

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122436

Stinger
08-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Yep Sportscenter it has become a shell of what it once was. Still in annuals of Sports the best sportscast duo were Dan Patrick and Keith Oberman. Man I miss those days.

redhed
08-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Hell, I'm waiting for the day ESPN becomes like MTV. All reality shows and zero sports.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems ESPN has used MTV as a model. I remember when MTV showed videos all the time, and had shows that were geared toward a particular type of music. Damnation, I'm old! Maybe ESPN will eventually come out w/ another net that will have sports show on it. Oh wait, there already is. It's called OLN.