PDA

View Full Version : Rams will be a good test for our D.

chiefsfan1963
08-30-2005, 12:31 PM
We can evaluate where we are after this game.

Given what I've seen in the preseason, I still see the Chiefs going 4-4 or 3-5 the first half of the season, then going 7-1 or 8-0 the second half.

This seems to be the best case senario given the injuries we are experiencing.

It looks like the veterans we have, the old and the new ones we've acquired, are not at their top form because of their injuries and age. I'm worried about their ability to get through a long 16 game season and then an extended postseason.

Without Trent we're through!

All these veteran players will have to suck it up and play beyond what their bodies seem to be able bear, for the Chiefs to make the playoffs and dominate in the playoffs. Also rookies and younger players are going to have to make their mark this year, and play well beyond what is expected of them. The vets will need this from the rookies and the other younger players in order to give them the added motivation to play at their top form each and every week.

It will be a great story if all this happens, but the odds are against us.

jcroft
08-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Yes, except the first-team defense won't play that much.

jidar1
08-30-2005, 12:53 PM
This game wont be a test of jack. 4th preseason games are used by teams to figure out who to cut, in other words it's all about the scrubs this time for both sides.

Dunit35
08-30-2005, 01:41 PM
The only one I want too see play alittle bit more is Bell....I'd like to see him grow a pair and lay the wood to someone...

StcChief
08-30-2005, 01:51 PM
The only one I want too see play alittle bit more is Bell....I'd like to see him grow a pair and lay the wood to someone...
Stephan Jackson. Out for the season. Screw the Rams.
Get Marshall's old bones on field turf.

philfree
08-30-2005, 01:53 PM
If it's up to me every starter gets 1 series at most. I include LJ and Wilson in that. IMO it needs to be the Mighty Quinn to FredEx show with a lot of Dee Brown and Ronnie Cruz thrown in. On D it's Rich Scanlon's chance to shine as a Chief. We need to run clock and get this game over ASAP and limit the chance of any freak injuries occuring like with Wilson and Mitchell in last years preseason. We've made it this far so let's start gettin ready for the Jets.....fug the gubner's cup we've had that thing for so long now it's starting to gather dust. The Rams can have it this year as a present.

PhilFree:arrow:

Sam
08-30-2005, 02:06 PM
I agree, the 1st team D won't play enough to get a real test. But then, the Rams O isn't much different from the Chiefs O so it wouldn't be much different than practice either.

Steven Jackson out for the season? Really? Was he hurt last night? I missed it then.

Chan93lx50
08-30-2005, 03:09 PM
If it's up to me every starter gets 1 series at most. I include LJ and Wilson in that. IMO it needs to be the Mighty Quinn to FredEx show with a lot of Dee Brown and Ronnie Cruz thrown in. On D it's Rich Scanlon's chance to shine as a Chief. We need to run clock and get this game over ASAP and limit the chance of any freak injuries occuring like with Wilson and Mitchell in last years preseason. We've made it this far so let's start gettin ready for the Jets.....fug the gubner's cup we've had that thing for so long now it's starting to gather dust. The Rams can have it this year as a present.

PhilFree:arrow:

I concur

Bwana
08-30-2005, 03:16 PM
It can't be much of a test if the 1st string D isn't on the field. The test will some 9/11 against the Jets.

BigVE
08-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I agree, the 1st team D won't play enough to get a real test. But then, the Rams O isn't much different from the Chiefs O so it wouldn't be much different than practice either.

Steven Jackson out for the season? Really? Was he hurt last night? I missed it then.
I believe it was just wishful thinking, although in poor taste.

Dave Lane
08-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Yep...

Dave

chiefsfan1963
08-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Wow! I thought this being the last preseason game we would play our 1st D more than a few series. Waiting until 9/11 seems like we're setting ourselves up for a fall. Like I said, the first half of the season could get ugly.

Dunit35
08-30-2005, 07:10 PM
a quarter at the least, alittle into the second...With Bell playing a full half...if possible...