PDA

View Full Version : Early predictions: Pro-bowlers from the D?

BigVE
08-30-2005, 03:32 PM
What do you think? No way DJ makes it even if he has a spectacular year...too many established vets at his position around the league. I think Surtain has a good chance at making the pro-bowl INSPITE of how he looked last week. Other than those two guys who else on the D has an inkling of a chance to make the pro-bowl??

keg in kc
08-30-2005, 03:36 PM
It all depends on how many games we win, and how much the defense improves (more on wins, though, I think). I would say that the best chances for the pro bowl are Bell and DJ, and Surtain and Knight/Wesley. I think Sims will play at that level, but I'm not sure what his chances of making it would be.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Just Bartee.

BigVE
08-30-2005, 03:40 PM
It all depends on how many games we win, and how much the defense improves (more on wins, though, I think). I would say that the best chances for the pro bowl are Bell and DJ, and Surtain and Knight/Wesley. I think Sims will play at that level, but I'm not sure what his chances of making it would be.

Yeah, I was considering those guys too. Sims would have to do it all year long and we would have to win 10+ games for him to get noticed by the voters.

BEERME....what about Scanlon?

KC Dan
08-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Scanlon is a lock!

HolmeZz
08-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Sims probably has too many DTs to compete with to probably have any shot, assuming he actually played well.

Bell, DJ, Surtain, Knight probably have the best chances.

eazyb81
08-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Ryan Sims........seriously..............stop laughing.

patteeu
08-30-2005, 05:24 PM
The best chance Chiefs defenders have to make the probowl is for them to have gaudy, undeniable statistics in the sack or interception area. Otherwise, they will lose to more established defenders, IMO. I think Kendrell Bell could have a relatively high sack total if he plays the whole season. I think DJ could have a nice combination of sacks and interceptions.

Rain Man
08-30-2005, 05:28 PM
I think our best bet is Knight. Based on past performance, a good safety in our defense can run up gaudy tackle numbers, for reasons we all know. :banghead:

Next most likely is Surtain, followed by Johnson, Bell, Wesley, and Sims.

I think the odds are about 10% that we'll have one pro bowler, and 3% that we'll have two or more.

Count Zarth
08-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Rain Man is jealous that he didn't get to post his "Chiefs D Pro Bowlers" poll.

Rain Man
08-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Is it too late? Dang.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2005, 05:34 PM
I think Surtain has a good chance at making the pro-bowl INSPITE of how he looked last week.

What?

You mean others around the league don't pay attention to preseason games? It's just us?!?!? WTF?!

BigVE
08-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I think our best bet is Knight. Based on past performance, a good safety in our defense can run up gaudy tackle numbers, for reasons we all know. :banghead:

Next most likely is Surtain, followed by Johnson, Bell, Wesley, and Sims.

I think the odds are about 10% that we'll have one pro bowler, and 3% that we'll have two or more.

Sad numbers, but probably true. Ok then, if THAT is the best we can hope for on the defensive side then WHAT do we REALLY have? How much can we honestly expect? I know you dont have to have a team full of pro-bowlers to do well but it certainly helps and if you only have 1 or maybe two then the pickens' is slim.

Dunit35
08-30-2005, 07:02 PM
I could see Surtain, DJ, Bell (maybe), Knight, Warfield(if it wasnt for his 4 game suspension)...and Sims as a alternate...

jspchief
08-30-2005, 07:11 PM
No one.

After watching the Buffalo D play this weekend's game, I've come to the realization that Chiefs fans don't remember what good defensive play looks like. We're so accustomed to really bad, that even run of the mill plays look special.

This D has a long way to come.

DJay23
08-30-2005, 07:51 PM
As long as whoever goes has to take a flight from Detroit to get to Honolulu, I could care less who it is.

Wallcrawler
08-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Surtain has the best shot at the pro bowl.

He is easily our best defensive player, and the highest profile player that we have on the defense. He's been there multiple times, so he is recognized as a player who plays at that level and is worthy of consideration every year. If the Chiefs defense improves, and Surtain has a solid year, I dont see how he is overlooked for a trip to Honolulu with as bad as the pass defense was last season for KC.

The other guys we have, who have the talent to possibly compete for a pro bowl spot, they have some serious competition at those spots in the AFC.

At SS, Sammy Knight has to compete with guys like Rodney Harrison, Troy Polamalu, and Ed Reed, all of whom play on much more complete defensive units than the Kansas City Chiefs have.

There are a bunch of solid OLBs in the Afc as well, its hard to see Derrick Johnson getting there in his rookie year, and Kendrell Bell getting there after only playing in 3 games last year.

And the Ryan Sims talk....heh.

Please. This is a guy who had 15 tackles and two sacks in 16 starts last year. Pro Bowlers have to play just a tad better than that to be recognized I think.

dtebbe
08-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Sammy Knight. He's the only real impact guy I've seen thus far. In the right place at the right time, and his blitz timing is just awesome.

DT

dtebbe
08-30-2005, 09:35 PM
...and Sims as a alternate...

We are talking about the NFL football probowl. I think you mean to post this on the ESPN hotdog eating championship thread.

Mods, please move this. ROFL

DT

Halfcan
08-30-2005, 10:19 PM
lol, Hotdog eating-good one!!

Yeah I agree rain man-knight has seemed to be everywhere so far. His timing on the blitz has just been amazing-especially since last year we telegraphed before getting out of the huddle.

Your right wallcrawler-Surtain knows what it takes to play at that kind of level and sustain it the entire season. He is going to be great this year.