PDA

View Full Version : Teicher: Green's absence eclipses all moves

tk13
08-31-2005, 01:11 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/12519377.htm

Green’s absence eclipses all moves

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs completed their first round of roster moves Tuesday, but that activity was overshadowed by the inactivity of quarterback Trent Green.

Green was absent for practice, adding more intrigue to an already mysterious situation. The Chiefs said Green was undergoing more examinations to determine the cause of sudden numbness in his lower leg and foot.

Green was pulled prematurely from last week’s exhibition game against Seattle. Coach Dick Vermeil indicated Monday that Green had been given a complete battery of tests, which turned up nothing unusual.

But Green was not at practice, putting serious doubts on his availability for work the rest of the week and in Friday’s preseason finale at St. Louis.

The Chiefs can live with that. They would head into a serious panic if he can’t play in the Sept. 11 regular-season opener against the New York Jets at Arrowhead Stadium.

“I’m always concerned when you look on the field and your starting quarterback is not on the field and he’s being given examinations,” Vermeil said. “If he couldn’t play, it’s a big hurt. We don’t anticipate those kinds of findings when it’s all said and done.

“They’re going through one thing after another and ruling things out. Hopefully, we’ll be able to say it isn’t anything.”

Green wasn’t available, but his agent, Jim Steiner, said he didn’t believe the problem was major because he had yet to discuss it with Green.

“If it was something significant, I think he would have said something to me about it,” Steiner said.

The moves to trim the roster to 75 players held few surprises. The Chiefs placed former starting linebacker Shawn Barber on the physically unable to perform list. Barber, who missed the last half of last season because of knee damage and surgery, will miss at least the season’s first six weeks.

The Chiefs can then make a decision whether to activate him.

Kansas City waived seven players, all reserves: wide receivers Richard Smith, Darrell Hill and Nathaniel Curry, safeties Willie Pile and Shaunard Harts, offensive lineman Thomas Barnett and punter Nick Murphy. They also placed running back Robert Holcombe on injured-reserve because of a sprained knee.

Pile and Harts started games for the Chiefs as recently as last season. The Chiefs deemed them expendable after acquiring starter Sammy Knight and moving William Bartee from cornerback.

Smith appeared to have a bright future when he joined the Chiefs as a rookie last season, but he didn’t make enough progress to suit the Chiefs.

“He didn’t do enough to distinguish himself from everybody else,” Vermeil said.

The rash of quarterback injuries began as an inconvenience and has evolved into a major problem. The only healthy veteran quarterback Tuesday was Jonathan Quinn, who joined the Chiefs only last week.

Quinn took the first-team snaps in practice. Todd Collins, normally the No. 2 quarterback, is mending from a fractured hand. A concussion forced the other veteran quarterback, Damon Huard, to miss the game against the Seahawks.

It’s appearing more and more as if Collins won’t be available for the Jets game. He recently resumed light throwing but is at least a week away from returning to practice.

Huard did some individual work in practice Tuesday but hasn’t been cleared to play against the Rams.

That leaves Quinn, who played most of the Seattle game. He was 11 of 23 for 126 yards — unimpressive numbers if he had been with the team for a while, but acceptable for a newcomer.

He led the Chiefs to the verge of a late comeback victory, but a final drive stalled on the Seattle 9 with 1 second left.

“I really felt good,” Quinn said. “It was kind of surreal going from watching the game at home on TV one week to playing in it the next. There were some throws I’d like to have back, but overall it was a lot of fun.

“I don’t have any expectations for this. I’m just going to take it as it comes.”

Demonpenz
08-31-2005, 01:23 AM
the chiefs worst fears are coming true

luv
08-31-2005, 01:23 AM
“They’re going through one thing after another and ruling things out. Hopefully, we’ll be able to say it isn’t anything.”

So it just went numb for nothing? Do they run tests to rule everything out whenever your leg just falls asleep? :shake:

I would think it had to be something or else it wouldn't have gone numb. That doesn't mean it has to be anything big of unfixable though.

the Talking Can
08-31-2005, 01:26 AM
numbness is not nothing...hopefully it's a condition he can cope with through the season without risking real or increased damage...without him the season is largely irrelevant

Dr. Chief
08-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Do you really think that he will let this keep him away after everything he's battled through to this point in his career?

kc hopeful
08-31-2005, 02:29 AM
So it just went numb for nothing? Do they run tests to rule everything out whenever your leg just falls asleep? :shake:

I would think it had to be something or else it wouldn't have gone numb. That doesn't mean it has to be anything big of unfixable though.

Man I hope it isn't anything serious. I hope this means they've ruled out nerve damage and some of those weird and horrible neurological disorders/diseases. I'm prayin' for you Trent!

DRU
08-31-2005, 02:41 AM
I wonder if he has back problems? My dad has a very bad back from his old college football days when he would get hurt and not ever get it fixed. When he started really getting uncomfortable he complained of numbness down his leg into his foot. It's front pinched nerves in the back. I'm hoping...very much so...that this isn't anything like that.

DenverChief
08-31-2005, 04:27 AM
I wonder if he has back problems? My dad has a very bad back from his old college football days when he would get hurt and not ever get it fixed. When he started really getting uncomfortable he complained of numbness down his leg into his foot. It's front pinched nerves in the back. I'm hoping...very much so...that this isn't anything like that.

I used to occasionally have some of my smaller toes fall asleep for no reason...I went to the chiro and a few adjustments later it never happened again...my guess is pinched nerves

MichaelH
08-31-2005, 04:53 AM
I get the same thing at times. I used to frame houses in my younger days. I haven't visited a chiropractor yet but I should. I hope Trent's problem is just pinched nerves and nothing more serious.

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2005, 04:58 AM
I hope he's alright....

chagrin
08-31-2005, 06:28 AM
what are the symptoms of a blood clot in the leg?

Warrior5
08-31-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with his original leg injury (ala Harrison); not sure if it's the same leg though...

tomahawk kid
08-31-2005, 06:48 AM

We're you listening to "The A$$-Clown" Bob Dorkso on 810 this morning?
:)

He had Green diagnosed w/ a blood clot @ 6:30 am, despite the fact that he has no medical background whatsoever. My dad had a pinched nerve in his back and had the exact same symptoms as Trent.

FWIW, they also had a physical therapist call into 810 this morning while I was driving into work. His take was, "I bet my license that its a nerve issue in the knee or calf." Basically, he thought that Trent might have some slight inflamation in his calf or knee that could be pintching a nerve in his leg somewhere.

He said it's VERY common in athletes and can usually be addressed through stretching, massage and some low grade anti-inflamatory medicine. His educated guess was that Trent missed practice due to an electonic current test that would have to be performed on the leg to determine the location of the ailing nerve.

I thought I'd post this as it made me feel ALOT better to hear an expert give their opinion, as opposed to the media speculating about something they know nothing about.

tomahawk kid
08-31-2005, 06:48 AM
I'm wondering if it has anything to do with his original leg injury (ala Harrison); not sure if it's the same leg though...

I think its the other leg. Not positive though.

petegz28
08-31-2005, 06:49 AM
It can't be much of a problem if a massage makes it go away. Teicher is nothing more than Doom & Gloom 24/7

chagrin
08-31-2005, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=tomahawk kid]We're you listening to "The A$$-Clown" Bob Dorkso on 810 this morning?

He had Green diagnosed w/ a blood clot @ 6:30 am, despite the fact that he has no medical background whatsoever. My dad had a pinched nerve in his back and had the exact same symptoms as Trent.

No, I live in Orlando and wasn't listening to him. I was simply curious, I don't believe he has a bloot clot. I'm just asking, I mean - it's a possibility right? Geesh.

tomahawk kid
08-31-2005, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=tomahawk kid]We're you listening to "The A$$-Clown" Bob Dorkso on 810 this morning?

No, I live in Orlando and wasn't listening to him. I was simply curious, I don't believe he has a bloot clot. I'm just asking, I mean - it's a possibility right? Geesh.

My first comment was TIC. I was trying to make a funny.

To answer your question - Yes, the Dr said that numbness can be a symptom of a blood clot.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-31-2005, 06:57 AM
Damn there are more worried people on this BB then there are in a nursing home come dinner time when it is 5 minutes late!

TRENT GREEN WILL PLAY SEPT. 11!! And he will be fine! You should know by now that the Chiefs treat every little bruise to one of the stars like it is 2 seconds away from amputation! I gaurantee that about week 3 when Green throws for 350 yards and 3 TD's or something like that Vermeil will be crying talkng about how tough Green is and how we have no idea the pain he is still in because of this "injury".

But FWIW, I also heard the same thing on the radio about it being an irritated nerve in his calf or foot.

the Talking Can
08-31-2005, 06:58 AM
We're you listening to "The A$$-Clown" Bob Dorkso on 810 this morning?

FWIW, they also had a physical therapist call into 810 this morning while I was driving into work. His take was, "I bet my license that its a nerve issue in the knee or calf." Basically, he thought that Trent might have some slight inflamation in his calf or knee that could be pintching a nerve in his leg somewhere.

He said it's VERY common in athletes and can usually be addressed through stretching, massage and some low grade anti-inflamatory medicine. His educated guess was that Trent missed practice due to an electonic current test that would have to be performed on the leg to determine the location of the ailing nerve.

I thought I'd post this as it made me feel ALOT better to hear an expert give their opinion, as opposed to the media speculating about something they know nothing about.

thanks for the info

4th and Long
08-31-2005, 06:59 AM
This is not a blood clot but more likely a nerve problem. However, to answer your question ...

Swelling

Gradual onset of pain

Redness

Warm to touch

Worsening leg pain when bending the foot

Leg cramps, especially at night

Bluish or whitish discoloration of skin

Almost 30-50% of individuals have no complaints.

tomahawk kid
08-31-2005, 07:03 AM
This is not a blood clot but more likely a nerve problem. However, to answer your question ...

Swelling

Gradual onset of pain

Redness

Warm to touch

Worsening leg pain when bending the foot

Leg cramps, especially at night

Bluish or whitish discoloration of skin

Almost 30-50% of individuals have no complaints.

Hmmm...the lack of pain reported by Trent would seem to rule out the clot theory.

4th and Long
08-31-2005, 07:06 AM
Hmmm...the lack of pain reported by Trent would seem to rule out the clot theory.
Like I said, I'm betting he has a nerve problem, either do to inflammation or otherwise. Dude needs an EMG run on him, although I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Beng stabbed and shocked to loacte a pinched nerve is not fun.

tomahawk kid
08-31-2005, 07:12 AM
Like I said, I'm betting he has a nerve problem, either do to inflammation or otherwise. Dude needs an EMG run on him, although I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Beng stabbed and shocked to loacte a pinched nerve is not fun.

That's what the PT that called into 810 guessed they did yesterday.

Sounds pretty painful.

chagrin
08-31-2005, 07:13 AM
Thanks, wanted to make sure that I wasn't coming across like that either

4th and Long
08-31-2005, 07:15 AM
That's what the PT that called into 810 guessed they did yesterday.

Sounds pretty painful.
I don't have the luxury of listening to 810 while I work. That was my educated health care professional stance. And no, I'm not a Physical Therapist and no I don't play one on TV either. :p Come to think of it, I'm not a Super Hero either but I do play one on the board. :D

BigRedChief
08-31-2005, 07:17 AM
This is a frigging nightmare.:banghead:

Quinn as our opening day QB.:shake: I should just go shoot myself and end the agony.

milkman
08-31-2005, 07:18 AM

Quinn as our opening day QB.:shake: I should just go shoot myself and end the agony.

Panic much?

4th and Long
08-31-2005, 07:22 AM

Take a Xanax, ... or ten.

BigRedChief
08-31-2005, 07:22 AM
Panic much?

I'm not panicking or saying the sky is falling and we are doomed if Trent goes down for any length of time to be chicken little. It's a fact and we all know it. The die is cast. If Trent goes down so does our Super Bowl hopes and dreams. Time to rebuild.

BigRedChief
08-31-2005, 07:23 AM
Take a Xanax, ... or ten.

You got some connections?:drool:

tomahawk kid
08-31-2005, 07:25 AM
Article by Gretz seems to further diffuse this. I can't believe the Chiefs would put something like this on their website if they weren't fairly certain everything was okay.....

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/31/gretz_trent_green_watch/

4th and Long
08-31-2005, 07:25 AM
You got some connections?:drool:
Yeah. Me. Who do you think is in charge of purchasing all the narcotics for the hospital I work in? I'll give ya one guess. :D

InChiefsHell
08-31-2005, 07:30 AM
I had a pinched nerve back in HS. The doc told me that for the most part, it just has to heal. There is no operation to repair such a nerve. Granted, this was back in the mid-80's, but I'd bet that this is still true. It is annoying, but that is about it. It will probably heal up on its own, but who knows how long that will take?

He'll be fine. He can play with a little pinched nerve. They're just being overly cautious as per normal.

ct
08-31-2005, 07:35 AM

I'm no Dr., but this is much as I suspect it will turn out to be, and I'm not alone. Most comment in here are saying much the same thing. I agree, it is nice to have an experts opinion supporting out own speculative 'diagnosis'. This certainly would be best case scenario!

Good thoughts for ya Trent!!

Archie F. Swin
08-31-2005, 08:10 AM
if Trent is gonna be in and out this season, I'm not completely unhappy that Quinn is part of the pack. Lot's of potential there.

TRR
08-31-2005, 08:11 AM
Obviously Trent can play with the numbness...The guy was nearly perfect before Big Willie stepped on his foot, and ripped his shoe off.

If you have any concerns, read Gretz' article. It will put your mind to ease, and will tell you the real truth about the situation...The radio programs are garbage.

milkman
08-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Obviously Trent can play with the numbness...The guy was nearly perfect before Big Willie stepped on his foot, and ripped his shoe off.

If you have any concerns, read Gretz' article. It will put your mind to ease, and will tell you the real truth about the situation...The radio programs are garbage.

You know, I'm not worried.

But if I was to have any reaction to Gretz' article, then it would be the complete opposite of putting my mind at ease.

He's just a mouthpiece for the Chiefs, and we all know the Chiefs put a great deal of effort into blowing smoke up our ass.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2005, 08:18 AM
MELTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-31-2005, 08:20 AM
numbness is not nothing...hopefully it's a condition he can cope with through the season without risking real or increased damage...without him the season is largely irrelevant
exactly... I hope he doesn't have some sort of nerve damage.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2005, 08:20 AM
From what all Green has been through in his career, he'd play in a wheelchair if he had to.

TRR
08-31-2005, 08:29 AM

But if I was to have any reaction to Gretz' article, then it would be the complete opposite of putting my mind at ease.

He's just a mouthpiece for the Chiefs, and we all know the Chiefs put a great deal of effort into blowing smoke up our ass.

That's B.S. I agree, Gretz is a Chiefs homer, but the guy isn't going to lie about an injury. He has nothing to gain. Radio hosts have everything to gain from spinning a story like this.

BigRedChief
08-31-2005, 08:30 AM

No chit man. Gretz's lips are permantly atached to King Carl's azz. He's nothing more than a pr tool.

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm not panicking or saying the sky is falling and we are doomed if Trent goes down for any length of time to be chicken little. It's a fact and we all know it. The die is cast. If Trent goes down so does our Super Bowl hopes and dreams. Time to rebuild.

LOL...great stuff.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Our season ended last January.

milkman
08-31-2005, 08:35 AM
That's B.S. I agree, Gretz is a Chiefs homer, but the guy isn't going to lie about an injury. He has nothing to gain. Radio hosts have everything to gain from spinning a story like this.

All I'm saying is that until we hear exactly what the problem is, I am not taking anything anyone says or writes at face value.

It's in the radio host interests to make a big deal out of it.

It's in the Chiefs interest, and by extension Gretz's interest, to downplay the situation until there is something concrete to report.

4th and Long
08-31-2005, 08:37 AM
exactly... I hope he doesn't have some sort of nerve damage.
It's more likea nerve that has some swelling around it from inflammation.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2005, 08:37 AM
It's more likea nerve that has some swelling around it from inflammation.

I like your new font, 4th.

It stings the nostrils...

TRR
08-31-2005, 08:38 AM
All I'm saying is that until we hear exactly what the problem is, I am not taking anything anyone says or writes at face value.

It's in the Chiefs interest, and by extension Gretz's interest, to downplay the situation until there is something concrete to report.

What would Gretz be trying to downplay? A numb pinky toe? LOL! This is getting a little ridiculous.

milkman
08-31-2005, 08:41 AM
What would Gretz be trying to downplay? A numb pinky toe? LOL! This is getting a little ridiculous.

The fact that numb pinky toe has warranted enough concern that the Chiefs medical staff running tests the last two days to find a cause is what Gretz would be trying to downplay.

Chiefs Pantalones
It may be that Green is working out too hard or something. I over did it a couple weeks ago, and I felt numbness in my feet and legs. I let off a little, and there's nothing wrong.

I'm sure it's nothing.

BigRedChief

That is the truth, sir. May I have another.:)

RedThat
08-31-2005, 08:47 AM
This is nothing to be concerned about guys.

From the sounds of it, it seems like Trent has a pinched nerve in his leg.

He'll be fine. Numbness? That's likely a pinched nerve. I've had that before, it's nothing serious. It may take about 2-3 weeks to heal. No biggie. He should be ready by the season.

*I wouldn't be suprised if Trent sat out the pre-season finale just to rest for the regular season. Bare minimal, he'll probably play a series.

TRR
08-31-2005, 08:59 AM
The fact that numb pinky toe has warranted enough concern that the Chiefs medical staff running tests the last two days to find a cause is what Gretz would be trying to downplay.

It's standard procedure with any injury. Gretz doesn't have to spin doctor's looking at Trent...He doesn't have to spin anything...That's the talking heads on the radio that need to do that for the ratings.

milkman
08-31-2005, 09:06 AM
It's standard procedure with any injury. Gretz doesn't have to spin doctor's looking at Trent...He doesn't have to spin anything...That's the talking heads on the radio that need to do that for the ratings.

You and I, and most of the rest of the members of this community know about how thorough NFL teams are in these kinds of situations.

But to "real fans" that buy season tickets, but that don't follow as closely as we do, thier primary source of info is the radio hosts.

Those are the people that Gretz has to spin for.

KChiefs1
08-31-2005, 09:09 AM
My leg goes numb all the time....it's my sciatic nerve & there's nothing they can do about it.

mlyonsd
08-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Green can't run any faster then DV so why would a numb leg be a problem?

Lzen
08-31-2005, 09:42 AM

Look, the media always makes a big deal out of things. I can't find one thing that Gretz said in that article that I don't (or didn't) already agree with. Do you ever listen to 810? Those guys are always speculating about stuff and making things out to be much more.

And Rhonda Moss on 610 was just as bad. Say, I haven't noticed her on 610 lately. Does anyone know if they finally wised up and canned her sorry ass?

Bowser
08-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Say, I haven't noticed her on 610 lately. Does anyone know if they finally wised up and canned her sorry ass?

Nah. She was on there two days ago, for sure.

Marty Wall asked her if she had "seen Ty Law lately" a while back. Heh.

milkman
08-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Look, the media always makes a big deal out of things. I can't find one thing that Gretz said in that article that I don't (or didn't) already agree with. Do you ever listen to 810? Those guys are always speculating about stuff and making things out to be much more.

And Rhonda Moss on 610 was just as bad. Say, I haven't noticed her on 610 lately. Does anyone know if they finally wised up and canned her sorry ass?

What I am saying is that, if I was in panic mode, which I am not, reading Gretz, who I find as credible as a 4 year old with his hand in cookie jar telling me he isn't trying to get a cookie, would do nothing to allay my fears.

The fact is, if I was in panic mode, the fact that Gretz is saying there is nothing to worry about, would only make me worry more.

patteeu
08-31-2005, 10:43 AM
if Trent is gonna be in and out this season, I'm not completely unhappy that Quinn is part of the pack. Lot's of potential there.

Much like cold fusion, Quinn's physical potential is beyond the reach of current technology. Three professional teams have determined that he isn't QBoTF material despite his physical gifts (Jax, KC, Chicago). That's enough to convince me that he's a stopgap at best. Having said that, I think I'd rather have him as the #3 than Huard, but I defer to the Chiefs coaches on the matter.

go bowe
08-31-2005, 11:25 AM

No, I live in Orlando and wasn't listening to him. I was simply curious, I don't believe he has a bloot clot. I'm just asking, I mean - it's a possibility right? Geesh.it's a possibility that i will hug someone and break my ankle today...

go bowe
08-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Take a Xanax, ... or ten.mmmmm... ten... :bong:

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 11:32 AM
What I am saying is that, if I was in panic mode, which I am not, reading Gretz, who I find as credible as a 4 year old with his hand in cookie jar telling me he isn't trying to get a cookie, would do nothing to allay my fears.

The fact is, if I was in panic mode, the fact that Gretz is saying there is nothing to worry about, would only make me worry more.

So basically, you're just going out of your way to take a shot at Gretz for no particular reason because someone mentioned his name. Got it.

Somehow Im reminded of the same 4 year old with his hand in the cookie jar only he tells me that he was getting the cookie for me...

milkman
08-31-2005, 11:38 AM
So basically, you're just going out of your way to take a shot at Gretz for no particular reason because someone mentioned his name. Got it.

Somehow Im reminded of the same 4 year old with his hand in the cookie jar only he tells me that he was getting the cookie for me...

Go ahead Titus, do your thing.

go bowe
08-31-2005, 11:38 AM
Green can't run any faster then DV so why would a numb leg be a problem?actually, it seems like trent has had some pretty good runs for first downs...

but he isn't fast, you're right about that...

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Go ahead Titus, do your thing.

Sorry, I allways forget that nonsense about Gretz is untouchable. When my BS detector goes off, Im pretty much forced to respond.

milkman
08-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Sorry, I allways forget that nonsense about Gretz is untouchable. When my BS detector goes off, Im pretty much forced to respond.

So what you're saying is that you have to go out of your way to say something.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2005, 11:48 AM
My cousin told me that Trent has the flu.

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 11:49 AM
So what you're saying is that you have to go out of your way to say something.

He says while going on about Gretz on a thread about a Teicher article...

Bowser
08-31-2005, 11:52 AM
My cousin told me that Trent has the flu.

Thank you, Simone.

milkman
08-31-2005, 11:58 AM
He says while going on about Gretz on a thread about a Teicher article...

How is what I did with Gretz any different than what you do with posters who critisize Gretz?

Oh wait.
You don't have to answer.
I already know the answer.

We state opinions.

Since you don't have an original thought of your own, all you have left is mocking opinions.

Rausch

You might want to consider taking a leave of absence from work then...

BigRedChief

That story was on Grunnys show this am.

But can Grunny be trusted? He also told us a different story about what happened to Collins and Trent that night. Sold it as gospel. That they did nothing and were being hassled. No mention of being on top of speakers, refusing to get down. Threatning cops. He is an apoligist for players. Not surprising or neccesarily bad but something to keep in mind.
We will know soon enough what really up with Trent by the end of the day.

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 12:05 PM
How is what I did with Gretz any different than what you do with posters who critisize Gretz?

Oh wait.
You don't have to answer.
I already know the answer.

We state opinions.

Since you don't have an original thought of your own, all you have left is mocking opinions.

Actually, my opinion doesnt differ from your 'stated' opinion that it's not a big deal...Im not the one that got a sandgina at the mere mention of the word 'Gretz' and went on and on about how bad it was that he was saying that there was nothing to worry about.

I find that BS, either you dont care or you do. I find your 'opinion' that you dont care to be BS, precisely because Gretz did weigh in.

For me, it matters not. I dont find it a big deal and you do...

You want to try again?

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 12:05 PM
You might want to consider taking a leave of absence from work then...

Im taking next week off...alas, I wont waste any time here. Honeydo list to work on... :(

Rausch
08-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Im taking next week off...alas, I wont waste any time here. Honeydo list to work on... :(

Wow. Must be a special lady.

You're not only going to miss the whole "Phantom foot" fiasco with Green but the last, and biggest, round of sky-is-falling posts of the preseason.

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Wow. Must be a special lady.

You're not only going to miss the whole "Phantom foot" fiasco with Green but the last, and biggest, round of sky-is-falling posts of the preseason.

I might try to make a cameo appearance on game night...I hear posting 'not exactly' sober can be interesting.

milkman
08-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Actually, my opinion doesnt differ from your 'stated' opinion that it's not a big deal...Im not the one that got a sandgina at the mere mention of the word 'Gretz' and went on and on about how bad it was that he was saying that there was nothing to worry about.

I find that BS, either you dont care or you do. I find your 'opinion' that you dont care to be BS, precisely because Gretz did weigh in.

For me, it matters not. I dont find it a big deal and you do...

You want to try again?

I know that forming more than one opinion is difficult for you, and the concept of giving two separate opinions in the same post is beyond your ability to grasp, so I'll do my best to make it simple for you.

Opinion one: I'm not concerned about Trent Green.

Opinion two: Gretz is a tool.

Is that simple enough for you, or should I make two separate posts?

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 12:18 PM
I know that forming more than one opinion is difficult for you, and the concept of giving two separate opinions in the same post is beyond your ability to grasp, so I'll do my best to make it simple for you.

Opinion one: I'm not concerned about Trent Green.

Opinion two: Gretz is a tool.

Is that simple enough for you, or should I make two separate posts?

No I figured it out in my intial response. I realize the fact that I pointed it out got you just as sandy which is what led to this tit for tat. You could have saved the time and just responded 'yep', but for some reason you wanted to dance. So be it.

Im glad you've finally come to see it my way.

Rausch
08-31-2005, 12:18 PM
I might try to make a cameo appearance on game night...I hear posting 'not exactly' sober can be interesting.

Individual results may vary.

But I've always managed to make an ass of myself... :)

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Individual results may vary.

But I've always managed to make an ass of myself... :)

LOL...Im sure I wouldnt fare much better.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Carl and the Chiefs scouts should have done a better job on their homework on Trent before they drafted him. You'd think through physicals and stuff they would know that he's a cripple.

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Carl and the Chiefs scouts should have done a better job on their homework on Trent before they drafted him. You'd think through physicals and stuff they would know that he's a cripple.

Everytime Carl drafts a QB, he sucks...you got Blackledge, Green, Collins, Quinn, Grbac...*sigh*

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Everytime Carl drafts a QB, he sucks...you got Blackledge, Green, Collins, Quinn, Grbac...*sigh*

Don't forget Bono.

KCTitus
08-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Don't forget Bono.

Uh oh...I may have to go back and take the written test next year instead of just the eye test if I intend on continuing my Chiefs fan status. I cant believe I missed that one.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Uh oh...I may have to go back and take the written test next year instead of just the eye test if I intend on continuing my Chiefs fan status. I cant believe I missed that one.

ROFL

Gav Daddy
08-31-2005, 02:00 PM
That story was on Grunnys show this am.

But can Grunny be trusted? He also told us a different story about what happened to Collins and Trent that night. Sold it as gospel. That they did nothing and were being hassled. No mention of being on top of speakers, refusing to get down. Threatning cops. He is an apoligist for players. Not surprising or neccesarily bad but something to keep in mind.
We will know soon enough what really up with Trent by the end of the day.

hmmmm....

who was it that was convicted of perjury last year?