rageeumr
08-31-2005, 09:53 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/4824826_36_1.jpg

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4821004

Palmeiro needs earplugs after getting booed
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 10 hours ago

TORONTO (AP) - Rafael Palmeiro inserted earplugs after he was loudly booed during Tuesday's night's game between the Baltimore Orioles and Toronto Blue Jays.

Fans booed the Orioles veteran during his first at-bat. When he came up for his second at-bat, he was sporting earplugs.

Palmeiro struck out swinging in the first inning, popped out weakly to the pitcher in the fourth, lined out to first base in the sixth and took a called third strike in the eighth as the Orioles were defeated 7-2. He has been in a prolonged slump that began after he returned from a 10-day suspension for testing positive for steroids.

Mired in a 2-for-24 skid in which he went hitless in his prior 16 at-bats, Palmeiro started as the DH, one day after interim manager Sam Perlozzo suggested he has lost his job as the Orioles' regular first baseman.

Palmeiro has heard jeers and disparaging remarks since returning from his suspension. He is the most prominent major league player punished for taking banned drugs.

In March, Palmeiro testified before the House Government Reform Committee. He jabbed his finger in the air for emphasis and declared: "I have never used steroids. Period."

BigRedChief
08-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Serves him right. Justice will not be served in this case but at least he will be made uncomfortable.

rageeumr
08-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Serves him right. Justice will not be served in this case but at least he will be made uncomfortable.

I wish the O's had another series left at the K this year. It would give me something to yell (boo) about.

StcChief
08-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Still getting paid, isn't that what matters to Raffy.

Uatu
08-31-2005, 11:19 AM
He uses boner pills too, earplugs should be no source of embarassment.

RufusRJones
08-31-2005, 11:43 AM
He uses boner pills too, earplugs should be no source of embarassment.

See it's all related. On the juice, need the blue pills to keep what's left up.

Goapics1
08-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Earplugs? Do they work?

RufusRJones
08-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Or...maybe steriods make your hearing better too.