PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in what this country has become...

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 06:58 AM
I was watching the local news this morning when I notcied news of "explosions" in New Orleans on the scroll. I immediately switched to CNN to see if they were covering it.

They weren't covering the explosions. In fact, they weren't covering anything.

Instead I was treated to a determined, belligerent CNN reporter verbally prodding an obviously exhausted Louisiana governor in an effort to get her to give him a quote that the President wasn't doing enough to help. He kept asking, and she kept answering. And every time she didn't answer the way he wanted, he asked again.

Note: This is not a rant against CNN or liberals.

What has this country become? We're so focused on our differences and our hatred of those differences that, in only FOUR DAYS after one of the worst disasters in our nation's history, we're talking about BLAME instead of what we can do to fix the problems that are cropping up? It comes from the right, it comes from the left. Hatred doesn't know color, it doesn't know race, and it obviously doesn't know political affiliation.

I admonish everyone who reads this -- LOOK AT THIS PLACE. Look at the "Washington DC" forum. This is a place where people who are ALL Chiefs fans come to FIGHT with each other. Is that not sad?

I'm tired of what this country has become. I truly am tired.

Garcia Bronco
09-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Brother...I'm watching the samething and I agree 100 percent

CHIEF4EVER
09-02-2005, 07:03 AM
I was watching the local news this morning when I notcied news of "explosions" in New Orleans on the scroll. I immediately switched to CNN to see if they were covering it.

Instead I was treated to a determined, belligerent CNN reporter verbally prodding an obviously exhausted Louisiana governor in an effort to get her to give him a quote that the President wasn't doing enough to help. He kept asking, and she kept answering. And every time she didn't answer the way he wanted, he asked again.

What has this country become? We're so focused on our differences and our hatred of those differences that, in only FOUR DAYS after one of the worst disasters in our nation's history, we're talking about BLAME instead of what we can do to fix the problems that are cropping up? It comes from the right, it comes from the left. Hatred doesn't know color, it doesn't know race, and it obviously doesn't know political affiliation.

I admonish everyone who reads this -- LOOK AT THIS PLACE. Look at the "Washington DC" forum. This is a place where people who are ALL Chiefs fans come to FIGHT with each other. Is that not sad?

Well said. Rep.

Area 51
09-02-2005, 07:06 AM

I can't disagree with you, the mentality of the people has become one of expecting the government to take care of them regardless of the cost.

I hate to blame this on the dems, but if you look at it, this all started when FDR started Social Security. That in itself wasn't bad, but it set a bad precident. Now everyone thinks the government should plan for their retirement, take care of them healthwise, and make homes for the homeless when there is a natural disaster.

We are living in a country with a poverty mentality. I can't so let the government take care of me.

Garcia Bronco
09-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Now they've got the Mayor of NO on the tube ranting and raving. He's been broke and not keeping a cool head...and you can hardly blame him....and CNN is irresponsible in airing it. Maybe down the road it will be a good thing....but right now....I don't think so.

the Talking Can
09-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Actually, the coverage by all the cable channels has been amazing. Truly amazing.

Not sure how one anecdote undoes the quality of a weeks worth of 24/7 reporting by Fox, MSNBC, CNN.

But, I imagine the list of people lining up to agree with you will tell you something about the (unintended) politics of your point.

Boyceofsummer
09-02-2005, 08:04 AM
This has been one if not THE most anticipated natural disaster in American. This is anarchy in our streets. QUIT BLAMING CNN! We have the resources to bring immediate relief for many people in the affected areas. We don't have a rapid response. While watching the coverage on CNN this morning I was greeted with a political commercial rallying Americans to contact their Senators in support of Supreme Court nominee John Roberts and an up or down vote. Oh, and it was real intelligent to critisise FDR for bringing social and economic relief to an America decimated by hardships.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2005, 08:04 AM
I can't disagree with you, the mentality of the people has become one of expecting the government to take care of them regardless of the cost.

class society?

Uatu
09-02-2005, 08:05 AM
That is all that has gone on in the Washington D.C. place here. It was a race to politicize a natural disaster, a race to make it something to beat your least favorite public figures over the head with.

At any rate, I'll just bow out and let those responsible play with their carefully crafted Katrina political shillelagh

Boyceofsummer
09-02-2005, 08:12 AM
I hate to blame this on the dems, but if you look at it, this all started when FDR started Social Security. That in itself wasn't bad, but it set a bad precident. Now everyone thinks the government should plan for their retirement, take care of them healthwise, and make homes for the homeless when there is a natural disaster.
We are living in a country with a poverty mentality. I can't so let the government take care of me.

The Republicans have been reveling in having control of all three branches of U.S. government. Blame the Democrats if you must. Somebody has to step forward to provide help. "If not us, then who? If not now, then when?"

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Exactly what I expected from this sordid and sorry lot.

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Actually, the coverage by all the cable channels has been amazing. Truly amazing.

Not sure how one anecdote undoes the quality of a weeks worth of 24/7 reporting by Fox, MSNBC, CNN.

But, I imagine the list of people lining up to agree with you will tell you something about the (unintended) politics of your point.

I see what you're saying and there is no politics, intended or unintended, in my post.

The coverage happened to be on CNN at the time that I posted it. It's a coincidence.

Since then, on my drive in to work, I heard similar bullying tactics being used by a reporter on FOX News Radio.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2005, 08:52 AM
That is all that has gone on in the Washington D.C. place here. It was a race to politicize a natural disaster, a race to make it something to beat your least favorite public figures over the head with.

At any rate, I'll just bow out and let those responsible play with their carefully crafted Katrina political shillelagh

i agree, ****ing children.

Chief Henry
09-02-2005, 09:04 AM
I find about 40% of ALL the TV reporting the last two days absolutley appauling. For example, Fox news Sheppard Smith two nights ago on the O'reily Factor was trying to grill a police/security officer of some type
while the officer was walking down the street. The officer just kept on walking and barely said a word.
I fired off an email to Fox News and O'reily.

Then last night on EVERY Channell all the news media is humming the same tune. Where's the relief. Why can't the ADM. DO SOMETHING,
BLAH-BLAH -BLAH.

Jesus H. Christ reporters. The FLOODS are still taking place. Portions of New Orleans the Police and DHS never visited anyway, specially at night.

As far as the not having fast enough response.
President Bush declared either a state of emergency
B4 the Hurricane hit. TRUCKLOADS of supplies
got as physically close as they could, keeping in mind the safety of those drivers and FEMA rescue
workers. The Natinal guard and armed forces just don't leave over night, and theysure as hell are not going to send them into a Hurricane with 100-150 MPH winds that last up tp 5-8 hours while batteling 15 ft to 30 foot waves and swells of water. You just don't put emergency workers into that type of a situation.

As far as those dam levee's and canals in N'ahlans.
Those leevee's and dikes should have been built stronger DECADES AGO. They had a massive flood
in the 20's. You would have thought they would have had more than ONE fricken levee. Its been over 80 years since they had that terrible flood
in the 20's but yet they still just had ONE LEVEE.
I hear the dutch have BACK TO BACK TO BACK
levee's. Thats right THREE Levee's HOLDING BACK the water. NewOrleans and Louisina Officials and
the Army Core of Engineers only had ONE LEVEE
holding back all of that water AND THEY now
N'ahlens is BELOW fricken SEA LEVEL......WHos
been responsible for over 80 years of having just ONE LEVEE surrounding N'ahlens?

If N'ahlens Mayor and Police and DHS don't go into those couple miles of inner city N'ahlens. Then how in the hell do you expect the armed forces to go in there with in 3 days.

Lets hope ALL the Leaders of N'ahlens, Louisiana, US Army Coar of Engineers and the Congress and the WH can learn from this Disaster of Biblical Proportions.

One rescue worker described it as a disaster of Biblical proportions. That rescue worker was right.

Now man is expected to have it fixed in 3-4 days!
IMPOSSIBLE.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that my opinion of SOME of the MEDIA could shrink any lower than what it has. IT has.

I was afraid the finger pointing would rear its ugly head, but not so soon.

As far as the racism comments coming from
Calipso Louie and Al Sharpton and SOME of the News media, it makes me want to puke.

Everyone needs to pull on the same rope to help those people. It just appears that their is way to many people pointing fingers instead of pulling on the rope.

I wonder how Much $$$ the NEWS MEDIA has given in aid?

Area 51
09-02-2005, 09:05 AM
This has been one if not THE most anticipated natural disaster in American. This is anarchy in our streets. QUIT BLAMING CNN! We have the resources to bring immediate relief for many people in the affected areas. We don't have a rapid response. While watching the coverage on CNN this morning I was greeted with a political commercial rallying Americans to contact their Senators in support of Supreme Court nominee John Roberts and an up or down vote. Oh, and it was real intelligent to critisise FDR for bringing social and economic relief to an America decimated by hardships.

You don't seem to get the point!! FDR only started a program that was intended to assist US when we hit retirement age, it was never intended to be the cure all for anything that might beset us. It is now a program that is doomed for failure due to the misuses fo the funds as well as the improper attitude of the people of this country.

I merely indicated that FDR was the initiator of the program, it wasn't blame per se. If you want to see it that way, go for it.

Look on the light side, you will never see a dime of SS money!!!

Area 51
09-02-2005, 09:07 AM
The Republicans have been reveling in having control of all three branches of U.S. government. Blame the Democrats if you must. Somebody has to step forward to provide help. "If not us, then who? If not now, then when?"

Once again you have misread what was said. It's the people of this country that have developed the "government must take care of us" mentality.

Not unlike the families of those that died at the WTC on 9/11. Why did they get a butt load of money? Because the mentality is that "somebody has to pay for our loss"!!

Iowanian
09-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm working, and not watching TV.

I wish, instead of lining up to Point fingers..........as much extra effort was made to drop the partisan bullshit and jump in to just get the job done.

petegz28
09-02-2005, 09:25 AM

AMEN! :clap:

jAZ
09-02-2005, 09:50 AM
I see what you're saying and there is no politics, intended or unintended, in my post.

The coverage happened to be on CNN at the time that I posted it. It's a coincidence.

Since then, on my drive in to work, I heard similar bullying tactics being used by a reporter on FOX News Radio.
You've GOT to be joking. You start a thread attacking the media for seeking to criticize this President (in the Political forum no less) and then try to declare it's not political in nature at all.

ROFL

We aren't stupid.

Now I didn't see the clip... and I honestly haven't watched much if any coverage of this story on TV. However, you playing the vicitim card for the president and attacking the agressiveness of the entire media for playing the blame game for attacking the President.... is a joke.

And for you to pretend that this is a reflection of "what this country has become" is also a cluster-**** of a point. The for-profit media is (and has been since the 80's) a shit hole of an operation. It's very nature has evolved into a create-new-controversy so people will have reason to keep watching industry and ratings will increase.

And for you to pretend that Bush is a victim of this and that it represents some larger change in society is a total joke.

Your politics prevent you from seeing the problem for what it is.

It has nothing to do with this President or this story. It has nothing to do with "this country" or a poltical division (which you are clearly aligning the media on one side of here).

It has everything to do with a for-profit media that can only thrive on sensationalism.

And NONE of this has anything to do with applying appropriate "blame". The suggestion that the media can't explore this point is a joke. I've said already that the time isn't now.

But not many people bothered to answer my question from the other thread. Maybe you are willing to give it a shot.

My question was: Now is not the time to ask the very serious questions about how this failure happened, but when exactly is the time?

My view is that it's appropriate to wait until we have gained a handle on the situation (which is not to say "after New Orleans is rebuilt".

The more I read about this situation, the more I think that its very urgent to ask-and-answer the question of how/why FEMA fell on it's ass so badly in such a forecastable disaster response. My view is that the issue is a repeat of massive failures within this administration dating back to the first days in office. And for that reason, it becomes a question of national security to answer this question. Because the wrong answer (again) might mean that we need to replace these guys immediately because they threaten our national security each day they are in office.

However, there is a more immediate, urgent issue on the table and that is dealing with the absolute chaos going on now. That is issue #1, #2 and #3 for me.

jAZ
09-02-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm working, and not watching TV.

I wish, instead of lining up to Point fingers..........as much extra effort was made to drop the partisan bullshit and jump in to just get the job done.
Why do you equate "pointing fingers" with being "partisan"?

That presumes no justification for finger pointing and it incorrectly presumes that the finger pointing is coming from Democrats. In fact aside from Denise, the most finger pointing I've seen has been from the leaders of the communities in the south (which in case you haven't looked at the map) are all "red states".

Chief Henry
09-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I can't beleave some many of those SOB's stuck around N'ahlens to loot the city and thier neighboorhood of TV's and Nike shoe's.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2005, 10:01 AM
I can't beleave some many of those SOB's stuck around N'ahlens to loot the city and thier neighboorhood of TV's and Nike shoe's.

oh just come out and say it.
The niggas are going crazy.

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 10:06 AM
You've GOT to be joking. You start a thread attacking the media for seeking to criticize this President (in the Political forum no less) and then try to declare it's not political in nature at all.

ROFL

We aren't stupid.

Now I didn't see the clip... and I honestly haven't watched much if any coverage of this story on TV. However, you playing the vicitim card for the president and attacking the agressiveness of the entire media for playing the blame game for attacking the President.... is a joke.

And for you to pretend that this is a reflection of "what this country has become" is also a cluster-**** of a point. The for-profit media is (and has been since the 80's) a shit hole of an operation. It's very nature has evolved into a create-new-controversy so people will have reason to keep watching industry and ratings will increase.

And for you to pretend that Bush is a victim of this and that it represents some larger change in society is a total joke.

It has nothing to do with this President or this story. It has nothing to do with "this country" or a poltical division (which you are clearly aligning the media on one side of here).

It has everything to do with a for-profit media that can only thrive on sensationalism.

And NONE of this has anything to do with applying appropriate "blame". The suggestion that the media can't explore this point is a joke. I've said already that the time isn't now.

But not many people bothered to answer my question from the other thread. Maybe you are willing to give it a shot.

My question was: Now is not the time to ask the very serious questions about how this failure happened, but when exactly is the time?

My view is that it's appropriate to wait until we have gained a handle on the situation (which is not to say "after New Orleans is rebuilt".

The more I read about this situation, the more I think that its very urgent to ask-and-answer the question of how/why FEMA fell on it's ass so badly in such a forecastable disaster response. My view is that the issue is a repeat of massive failures within this administration dating back to the first days in office. And for that reason, it becomes a question of national security to answer this question. Because the wrong answer (again) might mean that we need to replace these guys immediately because they threaten our national security each day they are in office.

However, there is a more immediate, urgent issue on the table and that is dealing with the absolute chaos going on now. That is issue #1, #2 and #3 for me.

Yes, you most certainly ARE stupid.

And you 100% prove my point.

jAZ
09-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Yes, you most certainly ARE stupid.

And you 100% prove my point.
Yes, it's best to ignore the detailed questions I posted, after pretending that a post you started in the DC forum is entirely apolitical.

ROFL

Brock
09-02-2005, 10:09 AM

I'm sure that is precisely why some of those people stayed around.

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Yes, it's best to ignore the detailed questions I posted, after pretending that a post you started in the DC forum is entirely apolitical.

ROFL

I ignored your questions because they're not relevant to my point.

I posted it in DC not because my post was political, but because I know ****tards like you would politicize it.

You're an amateur. WAY too easy to predict.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2005, 10:12 AM

ROFL

youre no better than the looters and the people & companies you rail against at this point.
Only looking for gain.
POS

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 10:13 AM

I didnt see a single question mark in that post...

*roffle*

Area 51
09-02-2005, 10:17 AM
*roffle*

roffle?

jAZ
09-02-2005, 10:18 AM
I didnt see a single question mark in that post...

*roffle*
Look again.

jAZ
09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
youre no better than the looters and the people & companies you rail against at this point.
Only looking for gain.
POS
From THIS guy...
oh just come out and say it.
The niggas are going crazy.
:shake:

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
roffle?

it's the verbalized version of 'ROFL'...I was being cutesy.

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Look again.

Oh, well lookie there...I did find one. Sorry, after all the bullcrap and nonsense, I must have gone into full defense mode to prevent myself from getting dumber for having begun to read that tripe, that I missed it.

So the question was 'when is the time'...a bit rhetorical given the rant you just spouted in the same post prior. You've already made up your mind, why bother to answer.

Area 51
09-02-2005, 10:22 AM
From THIS guy...

I'd say that he's nailed you pretty well!!!

Your mojo is attack anyone that doesn't agree with you?

You are probably a looter taking a break from the water in LA.

Area 51
09-02-2005, 10:23 AM
it's the verbalized version of 'ROFL'...I was being cutesy.

KO, I can live with that.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2005, 10:23 AM
From THIS guy...

:shake:

your attempt to label me as a racist is lame.
read between the lines fella.
you can do it when its to your advantage and dont when its not.
juxtaposition.

Donger
09-02-2005, 10:28 AM

Easy: when people are no longer in danger.

Any reasonable person wouldn't need to ask this question; it's self-evident.

gblowfish
09-02-2005, 10:41 AM
You don't seem to get the point!! FDR only started a program that was intended to assist US when we hit retirement age, it was never intended to be the cure all for anything that might beset us. It is now a program that is doomed for failure due to the misuses fo the funds as well as the improper attitude of the people of this country.

I merely indicated that FDR was the initiator of the program, it wasn't blame per se. If you want to see it that way, go for it.

Look on the light side, you will never see a dime of SS money!!!
Damn Democrats. How dare they bring about subsidized health care, and occupational safety, and environmental responsibility, and social security, and paid vacation, and a 40 hour work week? Commie bastards.

Hey, tragedy like this should be apolitical. Being critical of the government has nothing to do with which political party is on top of the current wrestling match. People on both sides of the aisle are just trying to get action underway. That's all it is.

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Hey, tragedy like this should be apolitical. Being critical of the government has nothing to do with which political party is on top of the current wrestling match. People on both sides of the aisle are just trying to get action underway. That's all it is.

I agree it should be...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122963

Soupnazi
09-02-2005, 10:47 AM

Aren't you the one that started the "Perspective on what's important" thread in which you bashed the GOP for not updating their website as quickly as the DNC? With all due respect, your opinion is either dishonest or you've pulled your head out of your sphincter since 8/31.

Clint in Wichita
09-02-2005, 10:51 AM
The problem with this country, IMO, is that it is full of dipshits.

That's not to say that I'm a rocket scientist, and I'm not just trying to be funny. This country is full of f_cking morons, and there's no excuse for it.

To all diehard liberals and conservatives: F_ck you. This country is turning into crap because of you and your stupid conflict with the "other side".

Every fu_king presidential election from now on is going to be near 50/50 because you assholes are going to vote for "your party" regardless of the candidates involved.

Democrats want to tax us to death, spend it all, and redistribute wealth so that there are no "losers". They are pansies. Pussies. Greenpeace. PETA. F_cking idiots.

Republicans want to spend as much as Democrats, but they won't tax us for it, increasing the budget deficit exponentially. They also want to hang the poor and elderly out to dry. Warmongers. Mouth-breathers. The NRA. Religious zealots. F_cking mongolids.

Maybe someday people will finally see through the propaganda, and stop being played like a fiddle by their respective parties. Realize that the correct answer usually lies in the middle, you drooling imbeciles!

Now go f_ck each other and make up!

Pitt Gorilla
09-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Where was this post when the elections were coming? The bickering here now is nowhere near what it was then.

Brock
09-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Where was this post when the elections were coming? The bickering here now is nowhere near what it was then.

I think it's worse.

ChiTown
09-02-2005, 11:00 AM

That's not to say that I'm a rocket scientist, and I'm not just trying to be funny. This country is full of f_cking morons, and there's no excuse for it.

To all diehard liberals and conservatives: F_ck you. This country is turning into crap because of you and your stupid conflict with the "other side".

Every fu_king presidential election from now on is going to be near 50/50 because you assholes are going to vote for "your party" regardless of the candidates involved.

Democrats want to tax us to death, spend it all, and redistribute wealth so that there are no "losers". They are pansies. Pussies. Greenpeace. PETA. F_cking idiots.

Republicans want to spend as much as Democrats, but they won't tax us for it, increasing the budget deficit exponentially. They also want to hang the poor and elderly out to dry. Warmongers. Mouth-breathers. The NRA. Religious zealots. F_cking mongolids.

Maybe someday people will finally see through the propaganda, and stop being played like a fiddle by their respective parties. Realize that the correct answer usually lies in the middle, you drooling imbeciles!

ROFL ROFL

Just try and tell me this isn't the voice of reason!

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 11:06 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Clint says exactly what I wanted to say, only more eloquently.

gblowfish
09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Aren't you the one that started the "Perspective on what's important" thread in which you bashed the GOP for not updating their website as quickly as the DNC? With all due respect, your opinion is either dishonest or you've pulled your head out of your sphincter since 8/31.I started that thread on Wed, because as of Wed the RNC had made no mention of the disaster at all, instead they were covering Pres. Bush's speech to WWII vets. Later that day, they got with the program and updated their website. Today the GOP leadership -including President Bush himself-have agreed that the relief effort has been poorly managed at this point.

As each day has gone by, it's shown me that for the time being, we just need to get relief going. We'll have time to figure out who dropped the ball in another week or so. That doesn't absolve those responsible for FEMA, or the National Guard, or disaster planning. We'll cross that bridge later.

ChiTown
09-02-2005, 11:08 AM

You mean eloquent, as in a bulldozer through a bed of roses... :)

htismaqe
BTW, Clint, it's no coincidence that this (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122431) is the last thread I started in the DC forum.

:thumb:

htismaqe
You mean eloquent, as in a bulldozer through a bed of roses... :)

Exactly.

And it's about fuggin' time.

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I think it's worse.

I agree...

Chief Henry
09-02-2005, 11:29 AM

This is 100% accurate. rep to you on these two statements

NewChief
09-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Good post, and I've been guilty. Here's a good post in a similar vein that I picked up from another board:

*yawn* Nothing's going to change. Call me what you want, but really the politicians will still push their own special interests' interests, and ignore viable things that might put them in a bad light with their special interests' interests, and continue to try to sell us to their sides using loaded, unscholarly, deceptive, and useless arguments that would made me when I was a third grader proud.

Republican Politicians: Rich guys from corporations and particular industries that realized that they could pull sleazy tactics, self-enriching tactics in broad view, knowing a good half of the US will still back them so long as they make Democrats look like a bunch of people trying to make their kids homosexual, god-hating satan-worshippers.

Democrat Politicians: Rich guys through connections, special interest groups, the telecommunications industry and labor unions that realized that they could also pull sleazy, self-enriching tactics (or just be in the pocketbooks of the republican politicians) in broad view, knowing a good half of the US will still back them so long as they make all Republicans look like Jerry Falwell/Pat Robertson Christians bent on forcing the bible down everybody's throats.

Media: Lapdogs of both/either of the Republican and Democratic politicians bent on keeping political campaigns the uninformative, third-grade cursing match that it is.

My sentiments in a nutshell.

- Eric

Area 51
09-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Damn Democrats. How dare they bring about subsidized health care, and occupational safety, and environmental responsibility, and social security, and paid vacation, and a 40 hour work week? Commie bastards.

You, like the other guy, have missed the major point of my comment. It's the mentality of the PEOPLE that has caused the problems. The programs just feed the insanity. No government should have to "support you in old age" like the U.S. has attempted to do. Your family should take care of you when you are an old fart!!! Basically, why should my tax dollars take care of you when you are at or past retirement age? Why should my taxes take care of you if you are unemployed by choice? Why should I pay taxes to support you on welfare if you are not willing to attempt to support yourself?

It is a poverty mentality.

Clint in Wichita
09-02-2005, 11:47 AM
You, like the other guy, have missed the major point of my comment. It's the mentality of the PEOPLE that has caused the problems. The programs just feed the insanity. No government should have to "support you in old age" like the U.S. has attempted to do. Your family should take care of you when you are an old fart!!! Basically, why should my tax dollars take care of you when you are at or past retirement age? Why should my taxes take care of you if you are unemployed by choice? Why should I pay taxes to support you on welfare if you are not willing to attempt to support yourself?

It is a poverty mentality.

You are probably either young, or well-to-do.

The government DOES have a responsibility to take care of the elderly.

You know...the ones who have PAID TAXES for 40-50 years. Taxes that the government DEPENDS ON.

If it's OK for the government to depend on the average taxpayer for 50 years, then it should be OK for that same taxpayer to expect a little back as a senior citizen.

I'd much rather see tax dollars spent on supporting the elderly than, say, agricultural subsidies.

penchief
09-02-2005, 11:49 AM
I find about 40% of ALL the TV reporting the last two days absolutley appauling. For example, Fox news Sheppard Smith two nights ago on the O'reily Factor was trying to grill a police/security officer of some type
while the officer was walking down the street. The officer just kept on walking and barely said a word.
I fired off an email to Fox News and O'reily.

Then last night on EVERY Channell all the news media is humming the same tune. Where's the relief. Why can't the ADM. DO SOMETHING,
BLAH-BLAH -BLAH.

Jesus H. Christ reporters. The FLOODS are still taking place. Portions of New Orleans the Police and DHS never visited anyway, specially at night.

As far as the not having fast enough response.
President Bush declared either a state of emergency
B4 the Hurricane hit. TRUCKLOADS of supplies
got as physically close as they could, keeping in mind the safety of those drivers and FEMA rescue
workers. The Natinal guard and armed forces just don't leave over night, and theysure as hell are not going to send them into a Hurricane with 100-150 MPH winds that last up tp 5-8 hours while batteling 15 ft to 30 foot waves and swells of water. You just don't put emergency workers into that type of a situation.

As far as those dam levee's and canals in N'ahlans.
Those leevee's and dikes should have been built stronger DECADES AGO. They had a massive flood
in the 20's. You would have thought they would have had more than ONE fricken levee. Its been over 80 years since they had that terrible flood
in the 20's but yet they still just had ONE LEVEE.
I hear the dutch have BACK TO BACK TO BACK
levee's. Thats right THREE Levee's HOLDING BACK the water. NewOrleans and Louisina Officials and
the Army Core of Engineers only had ONE LEVEE
holding back all of that water AND THEY now
N'ahlens is BELOW fricken SEA LEVEL......WHos
been responsible for over 80 years of having just ONE LEVEE surrounding N'ahlens?

If N'ahlens Mayor and Police and DHS don't go into those couple miles of inner city N'ahlens. Then how in the hell do you expect the armed forces to go in there with in 3 days.

Lets hope ALL the Leaders of N'ahlens, Louisiana, US Army Coar of Engineers and the Congress and the WH can learn from this Disaster of Biblical Proportions.

One rescue worker described it as a disaster of Biblical proportions. That rescue worker was right.

Now man is expected to have it fixed in 3-4 days!
IMPOSSIBLE.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that my opinion of SOME of the MEDIA could shrink any lower than what it has. IT has.

I was afraid the finger pointing would rear its ugly head, but not so soon.

As far as the racism comments coming from
Calipso Louie and Al Sharpton and SOME of the News media, it makes me want to puke.

Everyone needs to pull on the same rope to help those people. It just appears that their is way to many people pointing fingers instead of pulling on the rope.

I wonder how Much $$$ the NEWS MEDIA has given in aid?

I found Hannity appalling. While people are dying for lack of sustenance and medical care, all he wanted to do was grill hospital workers about the criminal element in N.O.

That's the ticket. Deflect away from the real issue, which is the failed response, and make lawlessness the big story. I had to turn the channel. He was literally making me sick.

penchief
09-02-2005, 11:50 AM

It sucks when accountability is no longer a virtue.

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Great post, I think we are all guilty to one degree or another and I am certainly not the exception. Being a libertarian I have real issues with both sides. My problem is that I truly want to see the left in a better light particularly now when my issues with the right are at an all time high. However every time I think I can't think less of the left I am unfortunately proven wrong. From nychief to people like meme no matter how hard I want to believe the left can get their shit together and vote for one of their candidates it's people like that that consistantly push me away from their party. I said it a long time ago meme and people like her are the best thing to ever happen to the right. I'll bet my left nut that none of these POS have done anything for the hurricane victims all they want to do is find some way to blame Bush for something else.

Area 51
09-02-2005, 12:01 PM

You know...the ones who have PAID TAXES for 40-50 years. Taxes that the government DEPENDS ON.

If it's OK for the government to depend on the average taxpayer for 50 years, then it should be OK for that same taxpayer to expect a little back as a senior citizen.

I'd much rather see tax dollars spent on supporting the elderly than, say, agricultural subsidies.

I am neither young or well-to-do.

I think you are looking at the government as your old age sugar daddy. They should not be required to totally support you in old age. SS was to suppliment the aged.

siberian khatru
09-02-2005, 12:04 PM

You got that e-mail too?

:p

Nicely done. :)

Calcountry
09-02-2005, 12:08 PM

I'm tired of what this country has become. I truly am tired.You haven't seen me in the DC forum much. I use to love politcs. I here you bro.

:thumb:

StcChief
09-02-2005, 12:10 PM

Thanks I'll pass.

Calcountry
09-02-2005, 12:10 PM
i agree, ****ing children.I quit watching the news, and got more heavily into baseball this year.

I couldn't take the crap anymore.

Calcountry
09-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Great post, I think we are all guilty to one degree or another and I am certainly not the exception. Being a libertarian I have real issues with both sides. My problem is that I truly want to see the left in a better light particularly now when my issues with the right are at an all time high. However every time I think I can't think less of the left I am unfortunately proven wrong. From nychief to people like meme no matter how hard I want to believe the left can get their shit together and vote for one of their candidates it's people like that that consistantly push me away from their party. I said it a long time ago meme and people like her are the best thing to ever happen to the right. I'll bet my left nut that none of these POS have done anything for the hurricane victims all they want to do is find some way to blame Bush for something else.When all you do all day long is read move on dot org, and salon dot com and whatever other left wing rag you can get your hands on, one can't help but have their brains turn into the spin feed that is being fed to them.

The same is true for the continuously plugged into talk radio/ newsmax.com etc. on the right.

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 12:27 PM

With the exception of the NRA thing I agree. Anyone who wants my dog or guns doesn't deserve the air they breath. Eventually the liberals will take over this country with the ever dwindling middle class disappearing so you better make the money while you can or make it to the upper class.

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 12:34 PM
When all you do all day long is read move on dot org, and salon dot com and whatever other left wing rag you can get your hands on, one can't help but have their brains turn into the spin feed that is being fed to them.

The same is true for the continuously plugged into talk radio/ newsmax.com etc. on the right.

Ever been to the democrat underground? We used to have this idiot here named Thomas who had me go over there once. Naturally it took about 10 minutes for me to be banned. They have the biggest scumbags I have ever seen in my life over there. All the right has to do in order to pick up a vote is send a middle of the roader who was going to vote for a dem over there for a few minutes in order to get the vote back.

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 12:42 PM
I found Hannity appalling. While people are dying for lack of sustenance and medical care, all he wanted to do was grill hospital workers about the criminal element in N.O.

That's the ticket. Deflect away from the real issue, which is the failed response, and make lawlessness the big story. I had to turn the channel. He was literally making me sick.

Thank you for providing an example of EXACTLY what I'm talking about coming from the right.

Like I said, it's coming from both sides and it's equally wrong.

In fact, I think it's sad that we have "sides" at all during a time like this...

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 12:43 PM
People have alway's hated each other over political and religious ideas. That will never change.

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 12:47 PM

The criminal element and lawlessness is what is hampering the recues and supplies. It is important to make that clear so idiots will stop saying that nothing is being done.

You can not expect anyone to brave gunfire to save someone else.

jAZ
09-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Thank you for providing an example of EXACTLY what I'm talking about coming from the right.

In fact, I think it's sad that we have "sides" at all during a time like this...
That's bogus. You pointed out that the media was attacking the President and that it represented "this country" in doing so. You could have pointed out that the media is worthless, but you chose to defend the President by attacking the media for their criticism of him.

The media is worthless, but it is no reflection upon the nation as your tried to project. And it's been this way for a long time. It has nothing to do with politics what so ever.

Though you decided it was political in advance and started a thread in the political forum.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2005, 12:48 PM

:clap:

Radar Chief
09-02-2005, 12:56 PM

“Pawn Vanity” ROFL

jAZ
09-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Easy: when people are no longer in danger.

Any reasonable person wouldn't need to ask this question; it's self-evident.
Actually, I think Bush answered the question today...

Even RINGLEADER was appauled.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122964

I guess the answer to the question of when is it appropriate to begin questioning & criticizing Bush? That clock starts ticking the moment Bush holds a political photo-op on the scene of the disaster with political cronies slapping him on the back for his strong support and the great work of FEMA.

It was pretty amazing to watch.

CHIEF4EVER
09-02-2005, 01:02 PM
The criminal element and lawlessness is what is hampering the recues and supplies. It is important to make that clear so idiots will stop saying that nothing is being done.

If it hasn't already been done, now would be a good time to declare martial law in the disaster areas, increase military and police patrols and shoot anyone shooting at relief workers or caught in for-profit looting on sight.

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 01:05 PM
That's bogus. You pointed out that the media was attacking the President and that it represented "this country" in doing so. You could have pointed out that the media is worthless, but you chose to defend the President by attacking the media for their criticism of him.

The media is worthless, but it is no reflection upon the nation as your tried to project. And it's been this way for a long time. It has nothing to do with politics what so ever.

Though you decided it was political in advance and started a thread in the political forum.

It's not bogus at all. I pointed out that there's something ADVERSARIAL in our society, and that I feel that it's wrong.

The media interview I included was an EXAMPLE, as was what penchief posted.

It's funny that I never mentioned the President, except to point out that he was the object of the line of questioning, yet somehow I was defending him.

I started this thread in the political forum because it would have inevitably been moved there as soon as you arrived.

You behaved exactly as I KNEW you would. You are a sad, pathetic being.

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2005, 01:05 PM

ROFL

We aren't stupid.

However, there is a more immediate, urgent issue on the table and that is dealing with the absolute chaos going on now. That is issue #1, #2 and #3 for me.Typical jAZ...
ROFL

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 01:40 PM
If it hasn't already been done, now would be a good time to declare martial law in the disaster areas, increase military and police patrols and shoot anyone shooting at relief workers or caught in for-profit looting on sight.

That's the rpoblem. Martial law has been declared but the cops and N.G. are busy trying to save people by day, then patrol the city for bad guys at night. They need to rest sooner or later.

We need 100K troops at least. Then watch the liberals spiral out of control when we start patrolling N.O. like we are in Iraq.

jAZ
09-02-2005, 01:45 PM
It's not bogus at all. I pointed out that there's something ADVERSARIAL in our society, and that I feel that it's wrong.

The media interview I included was an EXAMPLE, as was what penchief posted.

It's funny that I never mentioned the President, except to point out that he was the object of the line of questioning, yet somehow I was defending him.

I started this thread in the political forum because it would have inevitably been moved there as soon as you arrived.

You behaved exactly as I KNEW you would. You are a sad, pathetic being.
FYI, if it had been posted in the main forum, I wouldn't have commented. I try to put potentially politcial topics in the main forum and usually preface it by saying "hopefully we can keep this out of the DC". And then I choose to remove the political leanings out of the language of the post entirely.

You chose to inject them directly and posted it in DC because it was politcal. You realized you looked like a total hypocrite by doing what you did and have been backpedaling away ever since.

The underlying issue you raised is fair and accurate to be disappointed with. But it's about sensationalism and the media. Not attacking the President.

There are 10000 other examples from both sides today and every day, why you feel the need to single the critcism of the president as the lone example to bitch about shows your political stripes.

jAZ
09-02-2005, 01:47 PM
We need 100K troops at least. Then watch the liberals spiral out of control when we start patrolling N.O. like we are in Iraq.
I think you'd find a lot more support for that, than you would for the war in Iraq from EVERYONE in the country.

Donger
09-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Actually, I think Bush answered the question today...

Even RINGLEADER was appauled.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122964

I guess the answer to the question of when is it appropriate to begin questioning & criticizing Bush? That clock starts ticking the moment Bush holds a political photo-op on the scene of the disaster with political cronies slapping him on the back for his strong support and the great work of FEMA.

It was pretty amazing to watch.

And for all of those that began questioning & criticizing Bush days ago? What of them?

jAZ
09-02-2005, 01:56 PM
And for all of those that began questioning & criticizing Bush days ago? What of them?
I said before that now (then) was not the time. I'm pretty sure you responded to that post. If so, you already knew my opinion on this subject.

patteeu
09-02-2005, 01:56 PM
WHos been responsible for over 80 years of having just ONE LEVEE surrounding N'ahlens?

Haven't you been paying attention? George W. Bush is responsible for all that!

Donger
09-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I said before that now (then) was not the time. I'm pretty sure you responded to that post. If so, you already knew my opinion on this subject.

I see. So if one where to go back and review your posts prior to Bush's photo-op, one wouldn't find anything that could be construed as questioning or critical of Bush?

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 02:01 PM
I think you'd find a lot more support for that, than you would for the war in Iraq from EVERYONE in the country.

That's quit an ego you have there, son.

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 02:05 PM
FYI, if it had been posted in the main forum, I wouldn't have commented. I try to put potentially politcial topics in the main forum and usually preface it by saying "hopefully we can keep this out of the DC". And then I choose to remove the political leanings out of the language of the post entirely.

You chose to inject them directly and posted it in DC because it was politcal. You realized you looked like a total hypocrite by doing what you did and have been backpedaling away ever since.

The underlying issue you raised is fair and accurate to be disappointed with. But it's about sensationalism and the media. Not attacking the President.

There are 10000 other examples from both sides today and every day, why you feel the need to single the critcism of the president as the lone example to bitch about shows your political stripes.

You know, you're a pretty sad sack of shit, and pretty easy to peg too.

The lone example happened to be the ONE I WATCHED.

You are ****ing blinded by hate. You're EXACTLY the type of person I'm talking about.

There was nothing political in my comment at all. It was AN EXAMPLE. One solitary example. An opposing example wasn't given because THERE WASN'T ONE.

So **** you and go fist yourself, pansy.

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 02:07 PM
So **** you and go fist yourself, pansy. ROFL

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 02:09 PM
By the way, jAZ...if there was EVER a chance I would vote for your candidate, it's gone now.

Take note -- people like you DRIVE people to vote conservative.

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 02:11 PM
By the way, jAZ...if there was EVER a chance I would vote for your candidate, it's gone now.

Amazing. We are in Iraq dying to give people 'the right to vote in a democracy' and you proudly claim you would use your vote as a means of spite.

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Amazing. We are in Iraq dying to give people the right to vote in a democracy and you proudly claim you would use your vote as a means of spite.

ROFL

That's fuggin' brilliant.

Let me spell it out for you: Anybody that jAZ wants to vote for doesn't stand for what I do. Call it a "barometer".

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 02:14 PM
ROFL

That's fuggin' brilliant.

Let me spell it out for you: Anybody that jAZ wants to vote for doesn't stand for what I do.

That is less repulsive.

htismaqe
09-02-2005, 02:16 PM
That is less repulsive.

I appreciate the fact you can see that.

This wasn't political for me at all, until dumbass started in.

I could care less what he thinks, I know what my motives were. It's just one more opportunity for him to grandstand.

CHIEF4EVER
09-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Amazing. We are in Iraq dying to give people the right to vote in a democracy and you proudly claim you would use your vote as a means of spite.

You mean it is suddenly for the right of other people to vote and not some hidden Imperialist agenda? Are you related to JKerry?

BTW, he wouldn't use his vote as a means of spite as you put it, instead he is so turned off by the leftist tinfoil hat agenda that he doesn't want anything to do with it if I understand him correctly.

BIG_DADDY
09-02-2005, 02:17 PM

I've been saying it for years people like jaz and Denise are the best thing to ever happen to the Republican party.

KC Dan
09-02-2005, 02:19 PM
You mean it is suddenly for the right of other people to vote and not some hidden Imperialist agenda? Are you related to JKerry?

BTW, he wouldn't use his vote as a means of spite as you put it, instead he is so turned off by the leftist tinfoil hat agenda that he doesn't want anything to do with it if I understand him correctly.
Heh, I see the meme quote about dying to give the right to vote to Iraqis. When all this time she has been saying the soldiers have been dying for no reason save oil and Bush's daddy. Now its voting. What a Stupid, Ignorant, Blindly Biased, ASSHAT!!!

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 02:20 PM

I was using extreme sarcasm when I posted 'democracy in Iraq.' I think most people would have picked up on that. I'll add quotation marks just to be sure.

Donger
09-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I see. So if one where to go back and review your posts prior to Bush's photo-op, one wouldn't find anything that could be construed as questioning or critical of Bush?

Well, here we go:

1:33am

It's beginning to sound to me like it is more than just problem with FEMA dropping the ball. It's a matter of a failure to put the proper people in a position of leadership and give them the funding to prepare in advance for this almost certain outcome.

This is a nearly identical carbon copy of the failure to plan, fund and execute the immediate post-invasion aftermath in Iraq.

Only this time, those (seemingly avoidable) failures (like I said on the other thread, I'm just now catching up on this story) are happening right here in our own country. Where have we heard this before?

8:50am

My view is that the issue is a repeat of massive failures within this administration dating back to the first days in office. And for that reason, it becomes a question of national security to answer this question.

CHIEF4EVER
09-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Well, here we go:

1:33am Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by jAZ
It's beginning to sound to me like it is more than just problem with FEMA dropping the ball. It's a matter of a failure to put the proper people in a position of leadership and give them the funding to prepare in advance for this almost certain outcome.

This is a nearly identical carbon copy of the failure to plan, fund and execute the immediate post-invasion aftermath in Iraq.

Only this time, those (seemingly avoidable) failures (like I said on the other thread, I'm just now catching up on this story) are happening right here in our own country. Where have we heard this before? <HR SIZE=1>8:50am Quote:
<HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by jAZ
My view is that the issue is a repeat of massive failures within this administration dating back to the first days in office. And for that reason, it becomes a question of national security to answer this question.

That suplex Donger just hooked you up with must hurt like heck, eh jAZ?

Pitt Gorilla
09-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Interesting; who gets to determine if profit is made?

CHIEF4EVER
09-02-2005, 02:52 PM

Oh, I don't know genius.....people toting big screens down the street PROBABLY ain't doing it to "survive", wouldn't you say?

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Oh, I don't know genius.....people toting big screens down the street PROBABLY ain't doing it to "survive", wouldn't you say?

Only a brain surgeon would steal an elctronic device when the don't have a house to store it in or electricity to run it.

patteeu
09-02-2005, 02:58 PM

I suspect that what is meant is that people who are scavenging for survival (e.g. lifting food off the shelves of a grocery store) shouldn't be treated the same way as those who are trying to cart off ATM machines. It's a judgement call in some cases, but I think it makes sense. For the former, I think law enforcement should look the other way. For the latter, I think they should be shot on sight.

CHIEF4EVER
09-02-2005, 03:00 PM
I suspect that what is meant is that people who are scavenging for survival (e.g. lifting food off the shelves of a grocery store) shouldn't be treated the same way as those who are trying to cart off ATM machines. It's a judgement call in some cases, but I think it makes sense. For the former, I think law enforcement should look the other way. For the latter, I think they should be shot on sight.

Bingo.

Pitt Gorilla
09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
I agree. My question was more about the line and who is making the judgment. For example, what about an air mattress? Is it necessary for survival? I don't know. How about a tank of oxygen? To some, it would not be for survival, for others it would not. I'm not sure I would want someone like Chief4ever calling those shots.

Pitt Gorilla
09-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Bingo.Define the line: when do you shoot and when do you let them go? You'd better make it pretty explicit not that you're shooting people.

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Well, here we go:

Nice archive work, Donger...that deserves an rep.

Hydrae
09-02-2005, 03:39 PM

I have not read the responses in the thread yet.

I also don't want this really taken as a bash of the current administration even though it may come across that way.

Those disclaimers dealt with...

This is the thing that has bothered me the most about Bush during his presidency. He was given a country that was more together than at any time in my lifetime after the attrocities of 9/11. Since then it seems like this country has become more divided than I can ever remember. The change in 4 years is appalling and I am sorry but I have to look at the man at the top who failed to even try to hold us together. To make it worse, I don't think he even realizes how badly he screwed this up or the opportunity he let slip through his fingers.

Take that as you will, just my opinion and my disappointment.

Hydrae
09-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Having read the thread I will say that although I have been sympathetic of JAz at times in the past I am beyond dissappointed in his responses on this thread.

Uatu
09-02-2005, 04:13 PM

penchief
09-02-2005, 04:29 PM

Unless they're saving Iraqis who don't really want to be saved.

Logical
09-02-2005, 04:30 PM
This thread is a rant thread, it does a good job or ranting on the subject you desire to vent on. That may be all the comment I have so as to avoid any taint of politics.

KC Dan
09-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Oh, you mean the Sunni's who were murdering the other races under Saddam. Just disregard the Shite's and Kurd's - racist. :rolleyes:

Duck Dog
09-02-2005, 04:39 PM

Iraq has nothing to do with N.O. I realize it's convenient for the tinhat crowd, but it really doesn't make any sense.

SBK
09-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Am I the only guy that turns on the tv and thinks:

Unload that van you got, turn the camera off, and get some people the heck out of there you worthless p.o.s. How can you stand there and ask people about how many of their friends and family, co-workers, neighbors and the like have died, and not have the decency to pitch in and help out while you're there. No person in America would be upset if media coverage, ie live reports, ended because the scum, er, reporters were busy helping out.

SBK
09-02-2005, 04:47 PM

I also don't want this really taken as a bash of the current administration even though it may come across that way.

This is the thing that has bothered me the most about Bush during his presidency. He was given a country that was more together than at any time in my lifetime after the attrocities of 9/11. Since then it seems like this country has become more divided than I can ever remember. The change in 4 years is appalling and I am sorry but I have to look at the man at the top who failed to even try to hold us together. To make it worse, I don't think he even realizes how badly he screwed this up or the opportunity he let slip through his fingers.

Take that as you will, just my opinion and my disappointment.

Paging John F'ing Kerry. Mr. Kerry?

Donger
09-02-2005, 04:51 PM

You know the funny part? I posted that before I searched. I just knew that there was no way in Hades that jAZ would be able to bite his tongue for that long.

Logical
09-02-2005, 04:57 PM

Take that as you will, just my opinion and my disappointment.Also sorry if this comes across as Political but this is such an outstanding post of such fantastic merit that I had to praise it. Well done Hydrae, well done indeed.:clap::clap::clap:

patteeu
09-02-2005, 05:05 PM
I agree. My question was more about the line and who is making the judgment. For example, what about an air mattress? Is it necessary for survival? I don't know. How about a tank of oxygen? To some, it would not be for survival, for others it would not. I'm not sure I would want someone like Chief4ever calling those shots.

I think any law enforcement or national guardsman should be capable of making that call. To be honest, in the absence of adequate law enforcement, I think anyone with access to a weapon should make that call.

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Am I the only guy that turns on the tv and thinks:

Unload that van you got, turn the camera off, and get some people the heck out of there you worthless p.o.s. How can you stand there and ask people about how many of their friends and family, co-workers, neighbors and the like have died, and not have the decency to pitch in and help out while you're there. No person in America would be upset if media coverage, ie live reports, ended because the scum, er, reporters were busy helping out.

You are not serious. I've seen MANY, if not most reporters on the scene, report how they've relayed messages, transported people, lead authorities to stranded people, tried to reunite lost babies with their families, delivered supplies, etc.

I thought elements of the media were being very irresponsible before the Hurricane and immediately after wards with their 'dodged a bullet' coverage...

but since Tuesday evening the media has been phenomenal. They have helped aid get there more quickly than it would have been if those pictures and stories were not being conveyed.

And their being in place makes you wonder, they are showing the botched nature of the aftermath of the storm because they can. Makes you wonder just how bad is the botched nature of what we are not seeing in Iraq.

SBK
09-02-2005, 05:10 PM
You are not serious. I've seen MANY, if not most reporters on the scene, report how they've relayed messages, transported people, lead authorities to stranded people, tried to reunite lost babies with their families, delivered supplies, etc.

I thought elements of the media were being very irresponsible before the Hurricane and immediately after wards with their 'dodged a bullet' coverage...

but since Tuesday evening the media has been phenomenal. They have helped aid get there more quickly than it would have been if those pictures and stories were not being conveyed.

And their being in place makes you wonder, they are showing the botched nature of the aftermath of the storm because they can. Makes you wonder just how badly is the botched nature of what we are not seeing in Iraq.

Someone shoot me if I ever agree with her. :shake:

NewChief
09-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Someone shoot me if I ever agree with her. :shake:

She does have a point, though. The media, by showing the rest of America the devastation, are able to draw in way more support and relief than they could do as individuals. If we weren't seeing these firsthand images and hearing these heartwrenching stories, then America wouldn't be rallying like they are. That being said, I know exactly what you mean. I'm the first one to bitch about the media's gleeful exploitation of a disaster and heartache.

SBK
09-02-2005, 06:02 PM
She does have a point, though. The media, by showing the rest of America the devastation, are able to draw in way more support and relief than they could do as individuals. If we weren't seeing these firsthand images and hearing these heartwrenching stories, then America wouldn't be rallying like they are. That being said, I know exactly what you mean. I'm the first one to bitch about the media's gleeful exploitation of a disaster and heartache.

Right on. I think that we do need to see some, but do we need hundreds if not thousands of reporters, not to mention the cameramen and producers and the like that are watching everything too? And where to the media folks stay? Do they take up hotel rooms that homeless folks can no longer use? :shake:

NewChief
09-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Right on. I think that we do need to see some, but do we need hundreds if not thousands of reporters, not to mention the cameramen and producers and the like that are watching everything too? And where to the media folks stay? Do they take up hotel rooms that homeless folks can no longer use? :shake:

Yeah. I'm torn on the media. I teach journalism, so I appreciate their function. But damn if they're not unlikeable bastards at times.

mikey23545
09-02-2005, 06:42 PM
That is less repulsive.

You shouldn't be putting yourself up as a judge of repulsiveness on any topic.

SBK
09-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah. I'm torn on the media. I teach journalism, so I appreciate their function. But damn if they're not unlikeable bastards at times.

Im a capitalist to the core, but I will say that perhaps the media is one place that profits have really gotten in the way of doing what you're supposed to do.

penchief
09-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Iraq has nothing to do with N.O. I realize it's convenient for the tinhat crowd, but it really doesn't make any sense.

It was merely a response to another post. Seems to me that if we're going to take fire to save somebody it should be one of our own, and especially if our own wants to be rescued.

memyselfI
09-02-2005, 09:16 PM

Did you happen to watch Fox News during the 7-8:30 CT hours? Shepherd Smith (whom I loathe) and Geraldo Rivera were outstanding in their reporting of what was going on in and outside the Superdome. Geraldo to the point of tears and no, it was not fake or staged. He was clearly distraught at the conditions he was seeing. Shepherd Smith so dismayed and disgusted by what he's seen that Baba O' Reilly had to cut him off and dismiss him as being 'stressed' by what he's seen and therefore not objective. So much so that Sean Calamity kept offering 'perspective' to his remarks. Smith must have said 'I don't know' at least 15 times when he was trying to describe why the governmnent was failing these people.

It was the most outstanding reporting I'd ever seen on Fox News. Both of these men clearly shed their apologist roles and forgot who they worked for and just reported what they saw and the outrage of it all.

I kept thinking that lambs who watch Fox News are going to have a hard time denying this tragedy when they are being force fed the truth in such a brutally honest fashion. ROFL

SBK
09-02-2005, 09:19 PM
I kept thinking that lambs who watch Fox News are going to have a hard time denying this tragedy when they are being force fed the truth in such a brutally honest fashion. ROFL

Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a kid?

SBK
09-02-2005, 09:25 PM

Step aside Boyce, jAZ and burningformansteak, this is the all time most retarded post made on the planet. Bar none.

Logical
09-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Step aside Boyce, jAZ and burningformansteak, this is the all time most retarded post made on the planet. Bar none.I do think it is great that Fox news the supposed puppet of the Right wing is blasting the administration for the ineptitutude displayed thus far.

WilliamTheIrish
09-02-2005, 11:18 PM
I don't see it that way Parker.

The people sniping are a tiny % of the BB as a whole.

Just like the folks who looted (Tv's and electronics) were just a small % of those who sought refuge.

Actually, even after 4 days, this will be another of this country's finest hours.

Money is coming from everywhere. People are giving of themselves.

That's the America that I see today.

Yea, it took too long to get the wheels in motion, but now, the wheels are turning. And they'll keep on turning.

Yep, we lost some lives. It's sad. But this tragedy could have, WOULD HAVE, been a thousand times worse in any other nation.

Despite what pessimists say, this country still shines when it comes to helping one another.

Logical
09-02-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't see it that way Parker.

The people sniping are a tiny % of the BB as a whole.

Just like the folks who looted (Tv's and electronics) were just a small % of those who sought refuge.

Actually, even after 4 days, this will be another of this country's finest hours.

Money is coming from everywhere. People are giving of themselves.

That's the America that I see today.

Yea, it took too long to get the wheels in motion, but now, the wheels are turning. And they'll keep on turning.

Yep, we lost some lives. It's sad. But this tragedy could have, WOULD HAVE, been a thousand times worse in any other nation.

Despite what pessimists say, this country still shines when it comes to helping one another.Even though I admit to being in an extremely dark mood I thank you for the positive and uplifting post.:clap:

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2005, 03:29 AM
You know, you're a pretty sad sack of shit, and pretty easy to peg too.

The lone example happened to be the ONE I WATCHED.

You are ****ing blinded by hate. You're EXACTLY the type of person I'm talking about.

There was nothing political in my comment at all. It was AN EXAMPLE. One solitary example. An opposing example wasn't given because THERE WASN'T ONE.

So **** you and go fist yourself, pansy.
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Did you happen to watch Fox News during the 7-8:30 CT hours? Shepherd Smith (whom I loathe) and Geraldo Rivera were outstanding in their reporting of what was going on in and outside the Superdome. Geraldo to the point of tears and no, it was not fake or staged. He was clearly distraught at the conditions he was seeing. Shepherd Smith so dismayed and disgusted by what he's seen that Baba O' Reilly had to cut him off and dismiss him as being 'stressed' by what he's seen and therefore not objective. So much so that Sean Calamity kept offering 'perspective' to his remarks. Smith must have said 'I don't know' at least 15 times when he was trying to describe why the governmnent was failing these people.

It was the most outstanding reporting I'd ever seen on Fox News. Both of these men clearly shed their apologist roles and forgot who they worked for and just reported what they saw and the outrage of it all.

I kept thinking that lambs who watch Fox News are going to have a hard time denying this tragedy when they are being force fed the truth in such a brutally honest fashion. ROFLI have news for you, that is why FoxNews is #1. This is the way they are most of the time...

jcl-kcfan2
09-03-2005, 09:59 AM

I missed that part in the constitution and bill of rights...

Bwana
09-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Well, here we go:

Ouch! :thumb:

Donger
09-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey? Where'd jAZ go?