09-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Profits (not revenues) were up 10 billion dollars for Exxon/Mobil over the
last 24 months.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-02-2005, 08:21 AM
I'll see you in the DC forum. :D

Bwana
09-02-2005, 08:24 AM
I guess I should have bought some Exxon stock 24 months ago.

petegz28
09-02-2005, 08:24 AM
I bought XOM a while back! America is great!

Bwana
09-02-2005, 08:26 AM
I bought XOM a while back! America is great!

Saaaay! Nice move. :clap:

NaptownChief
09-02-2005, 08:36 AM
last 24 months.

Those evils bastards....Somebody should take them out back and shoot them. How dare them except more money for their oil inventory when everyone else is driving the price through the roof.

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 08:38 AM
last 24 months.

This post was so great nolimit2stupidity had to create his own thread for it.

Yee HAW!

RedThat
09-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Sooner or later, I hope they plan on taxing those a**holes for the profitibilty they are making. Somebody has to get involved and tax those greedy bastards, that way they learn a lesson, and quit f*cking with the people.

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Sooner or later, I hope they plan on taxing those a**holes for the profitibilty they are making. Somebody has to get involved and tax those greedy bastards, that way they learn a lesson, and quit f*cking with the people.

You'd end up paying the taxes, Bull...companies pass the taxes on down to the consumer.

ChiTown
09-02-2005, 08:52 AM

:spock:

Wha?

Soupnazi
09-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Can a mod please put a silver bullet through this thread?

RedThat
09-02-2005, 09:19 AM
:spock:

Wha?

Sorry ChiTown. Didn't mean to confuse ya.

All I meant to say was, i would like to see our governments step up and get involved by trying to find a way to lock the price down, and Implimenting price controls. And one way they may possibly be able to control the prices is by taxing the Oil companies for any significant profits they are making. Now, Im not an expert on this topic, do you think this could work?

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 09:24 AM

All I meant to say was, i would like to see our governments step up and get involved by trying to find a way to lock the price down, and Implimenting price controls. And one way they may possibly be able to control the prices is by taxing the Oil companies for any significant profits they are making. Now, Im not an expert on this topic, do you think this could work?

Price controls dont work...if they cannot profit, they stop making gas.

See the 1970's.

MOhillbilly
09-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Dear thread starter.
Thanks for bringing this up,the bb would have never known w/out,your kickass thread.

RedThat
09-02-2005, 09:29 AM

See the 1970's.

True, ok....I see your point Titus. What'd ya think is the best solution for this problem, they can't keep ripping us off forever. Somethings gotta give sooner or later, especially the way the prices are driving up, raving mad.

ChiTown
09-02-2005, 09:29 AM

That's what I thought you meant. I am totally against any gov't intervention in the practice of free trade. If they feel this is a situation being controlled through the means of a monopoloy, then by all means, break it up. Otherwise, this is the market making money due to market factors. To have the gov't get involved and tax them MORE than what they already do is rediculous and sets a bad std. for the future.

What we need is for the market to naturally correct itself through the normal means. Clients need to stop overreacting. Clients need to reduce their cosumption of gas as much as they can without completely going insane. Clients need to lobby for better fuel efficiency in autos and for the development of alternate fuel sources. Demanding more taxes just makes us a more Gov't controlled society. That, IMO, makes us less responsible, not more responsible.

Mecca
09-02-2005, 09:30 AM

Why don't you take a look at alot of the guys in power in this government. Tell me what companies are they making money in? Oh yea thats right oil companies. And you think they are going to do something about the prices of oil. Why don't you pass me what you're smoking, it's gotta be better than anything Ricky Williams ever smoked.

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 09:34 AM
True, ok....I see your point Titus. What'd ya think is the best solution for this problem, they can't keep ripping us off forever. Somethings gotta give sooner or later, especially the way the prices are driving up, raving mad.

Reduce consumption, decreased demand lowers prices. I think we're starting to get close to the point when gas prices start to affect people's actions and that's probably a good thing.

Around 3 bucks a gallon is equal to what we say in the late 70's early 80's -- inflation adjusted.

Hoarding and market panic and distribution shortage/outages that the hurricane caused is contributing to why prices are spiking.

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Why don't you take a look at alot of the guys in power in this government. Tell me what companies are they making money in? Oh yea thats right oil companies. And you think they are going to do something about the prices of oil. Why don't you pass me what you're smoking, it's gotta be better than anything Ricky Williams ever smoked.

I believe the 'guys in power' have to divest themselves from those types of conflicts. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd be interested in reading it.

RedThat
09-02-2005, 09:38 AM
What we need is for the market to naturally correct itself through the normal means. Clients need to stop overreacting. Clients need to reduce their cosumption of gas as much as they can without completely going insane. Clients need to lobby for better fuel efficiency in autos and for the development of alternate fuel sources. Demanding more taxes just makes us a more Gov't controlled society. That, IMO, makes us less responsible, not more responsible.

Good points! I agree....This is more of an economic thing, then anything.

We have to be more responsible. We control the market if you think about it?

nolimitpk
09-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Good points! I agree....This is more of an economic thing, then anything.

We have to be more responsible. We control the market if you think about it?

Control the market? Hardly. If we dont buy China will. End of story. And to Mohillbilly, your name means what exactly? Caught in missouri on a hill with a billy goat? sick bastage.

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Control the market? Hardly. If we dont buy China will. End of story.

What? If we dont buy gas at our gas station when we dont need it, China will drop in and buy it instead? A lot of people are overreacting causing the price spikes. That doesnt have anything to do with China.

Oh wait, were you just reciting more mantra? Nevermind.

Bwana
09-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Control the market? Hardly. If we dont buy China will. End of story.

Stick to playing with the Power Ranger collection Jr. :shake:

ChiTown
09-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Control the market? Hardly. If we dont buy China will. End of story. .......

China?

Sorry, but their economy is falling on hard times right now too. They WAY overproduced in industrial hard goods over the last 3 years, and their markets have slowed down and resemble what the rest of the world is showing. I do plenty of business in China, and I'm telling you that no one sees the Chinese as a reliable business partner - especially right now. Spot trading with China? You bet. Long term? Hell no.......

penchief
09-02-2005, 10:38 AM

Could that be the lucky break that humanity has been waiting for? A reason to seriously pursue alternative sources of energy instead of feeding the insatiable greed of the power-quo?

KCTitus
09-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Could that be the lucky break that humanity has been waiting for? A reason to seriously pursue alternative sources of energy instead of feeding the insatiable greed of the power-quo?

It didnt happen in 1980...I dont anticipate it will happen tomorrow. Maybe it will, however, make 'humanity' realize that our distribution and refining issues need to be resolved.

Calcountry
09-02-2005, 11:28 AM
last 24 months.Did you buy some of their stock?

SBK
09-02-2005, 04:30 PM

Guess we'll just push the pause button from the time gas is no longer produced until alternative sources are completed. :hmmm:

penchief
09-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Guess we'll just push the pause button from the time gas is no longer produced until alternative sources are completed. :hmmm:

Naw, let's just step on the gas peddle when it comes to developing those alternative sources instead of intentionally sputtering so that the power quo can continue to rape the consumer, destroy the environment, and hold the human race hostage for its own greedy purpose.

alnorth
09-02-2005, 07:16 PM

Why are profits a problem? This is America, not China. They arent running a charity here.

SBK
09-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Naw, let's just step on the gas peddle when it comes to developing those alternative sources instead of intentionally sputtering so that the power quo can continue to rape the consumer, destroy the environment, and hold the human race hostage for its own greedy purpose.

I really think that these retarded prices are going to lead to some big changes. The great thing about America is that if something sucks, we make something better. So we should see infastructure changes, and many other things that will lower prices. I also think this oil boom is gonna bust, and that's gonna bring changes too.

Energy changes don't happen overnight, but 300,000,000 pissed off Americans will surely make some changes happen.